• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's be honest TMNT falls on the capeshit category too:

*Multiple different continuites that have wildly different showings of power? Check!

*The villains yoyo between street level thugs to planet level conquerors? Check!

*Are comic book characters from a long-running franchise? Check!

Need I say anymore?
That's all she wrote.
The thing is, people don’t hate seeing TMNT

The thing is, people don’t hate seeing TMNT
It's all in the pizza that's why, though the "real" reason is most normies forget the TMNT are comic book characters and mostly know them from the cartoons or movies.

It's a shame there's an overall stigma towards comic book characters just because of the DC/Marvel overuse. Some Image, Valiant, IDW, etc characters would be awesome to see.
and they're not spammed
True, it's a shame a few "capeshit critics" that whine about there being too many comic book DBs actually mean DC/Marvel DBs yet can't be bothered to differentiate.

Its easier to write comics than DC & Marvel.

And its not like our non-caper comics attendances list is big.

Spawn, Scrooge, Archie Sonic, Ramona and then just TMNT fights. Did I miss someone?

EDIT: Riiight technically Popeye counts.

Most people I talk to outside of here specify Marvel/DC, and capeshit is basically just slang for DC/Marvel mus at this point (in the community)
Unfortunately it still comes with a negative connotation about an entire genre of media in certain circles but I digress.
Its easier to write comics than DC & Marvel.

And its not like our non-caper comics attendances list is big.

Spawn, Scrooge, Archie Sonic, Ramona and then just TMNT fights. Did I miss someone?
So people are lazy? Gotcha!

Yeah our real TMNT fight was with Leo vs Red Ranger (Jason)
The first two was a meh BR and even meh MU that followed up back in s1

Splinter vs Shifu is a good one for next season
I mean I know it's somewhat forgettable but I thought Shredder VS Silver Samurai was pretty good with the overall fight choreography and the brutal overkill conclusion.

Yeah our real TMNT fight was with Leo vs Red Ranger (Jason)
The first two was a meh BR and even meh MU that followed up back in s1
KPyw8UhD-MHqTiWzo7VyDje84uMwTsjV0DGlpCdsP7TxSr_aWrwDTLgSShaf8ODIIChe7UnLcTvgb48Z09Ihh9Ik0XtH6X3GikZD_eorWWF7V6X_68io7wU43sbOJEjJTxMJ1gQ4

I mean I know it's somewhat forgettable but I thought Shredder VS Silver Samurai was pretty good with the overall fight choreography and the brutal overkill conclusion.
Oh shit how the hell I forgot that
Yeah that one was good as well
Shredder vs Silver Samurai is by far the best episode I constantly forget exists.
I blame Season 4 for being forgettable in general

I kinda dont like Shredder vs SS was actually just Shredder using a sword, but otherwise its goodshit.

Also gigachad brain debate would have been allowing 87 Shredder anti-mutagen stuff to work on a real mutant :^)

Its not Marvel or DC so its fine by me :^)

Honestly tho TMNT is a mess since they get auto-composited every time. I get the point, but realistically they should just stick to one canon and use that.
Splinter in particular is difficult as ****. Is he Hamato Yoshi turned into a mutant rat, or is he Hamato Yoshi’s pet rat that got mutated? No matter what you pick, it’s gonna be an outright different character. The turtles remain the turtles in every series. Origin remains the same. Normal turtles, TCRI ooze, raised by the rat. But Splinter?
Like at least for Shredder, there’s only one continuity where he’s not human (aka the best continuity).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back