• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What big Mario matchups are there even left to do after Bowser vs Eggman?
  • Mario vs Kirby - Kirby arguably doesn't need to come back, generally seen as a stomp for Kirby, though it did recently get a DBC (for however much that's worth...)
  • Peach vs Amy - Peach arguably already got her best matchup, neither are super requested to come back outside of shitty Tai Lung memes, Amy is more requested for other characters like Sakura
  • Bowser Jr. vs Metal Sonic - Just Bowser vs Eggman but lesser
  • Knuckles vs Wario - Knuckles has Juggernaut as a better opponent (also allows Archie Knuckles to be used to help distinguish it from DK vs Knuckles) and Wario doesn't need to come back
  • Shadow vs Wario - It'd be Shadows fourth episode, and Wario would be weaker as a matchup for him than literally everyone who beat him to the punch
  • Luigi vs Pac-Man - Probably Luigi's best matchup that isn't just throwing him against Tails again, gets Pac-Man on the show, not super thematic but at least the main connection is a little more specific than "they the sidekicks". Probably one of the better ones here, but still doesn't scream "must have" to me.
  • A Yoshi runback - While a modern Yoshi analysis could be fun, he isn't super requested to come back in the first place, and even then he doesn't have a truly set-in-stone opponent (I'm personally a proponent for Yoshi vs Chocobo)
Did I forget anything?
Yes, you did

(Btw this MU has actual connections and that's pretty scary)

• Mario vs Kirby - Kirby arguably doesn't need to come back, generally seen as a stomp for Kirby, though it did recently get a DBC (for however much that's worth...)
  • Peach vs Amy - Peach arguably already got her best matchup, neither are super requested to come back outside of shitty Tai Lung memes, Amy is more requested for other characters like Sakura
  • Knuckles vs Wario - Knuckles has Juggernaut as a better opponent (also allows Archie Knuckles to be used to help distinguish it from DK vs Knuckles) and Wario doesn't need to come back
  • Shadow vs Wario - It'd be Shadows fourth episode, and Wario would be weaker as a matchup for him than literally everyone who beat him to the punch
  • Luigi vs Pac-Man - Probably Luigi's best matchup that isn't just throwing him against Tails again, gets Pac-Man on the show, not super thematic but at least the main connection is a little more specific than "they the sidekicks". Probably one of the better ones here, but still doesn't scream "must have" to me.
  • A Yoshi runback - While a modern Yoshi analysis could be fun, he isn't super requested to come back in the first place, and even then he doesn't have a truly set-in-stone opponent (I'm personally a proponent for Yoshi vs Chocobo)
Did I forget anything?
Mario vs Mickey could be a thing

Did I forget anything?
Rosalina vs Palutena

Finally saw the Death Battle. Animation was a little janky, but the ost and performances made up for it. The ending was pretty emotional too, so I give it a 7.5/10. It kind of helps lift the sting from Wanda vs Zatanna, but that's neither here nor there.

Hyped for the next time, though if it's not 3D I'll be a little nettled.

Did I forget anything?
Here are a few I heard:
Wario vs Rouge the Bat
Mario vs Jiren
Mario vs Rayman
Waluigi vs Big the Cat (this one was a community Death Battle)
King Boo vs Gengar

Though all of these seem like stomps honestly.

Unironically because 4Chan DB threads get hundreds of posts daily, its prolly most popular non-Discord place where DB is talked.

Tho I guess technically its prolly YT.
I just find it funny that similar questions and reactions to these eps are usually the same across the two sites. Reddit not so much

ok according to today's cast
  1. They even made a specific note about some episode that we dont know. Saying something close to the lines of "Oh that's one".
Basically saying we are not gonna suspect some of the episodes coming up
"No one's gonna expect Boba Fett to fight Star-Lord!!!" "Or Tetsuo fighting Magneto!" and then they go on break

Hey guys, i'm back!
If you really want to know where i've been, then TL;DR i had some really shitty internet that i only could access through my phone and it was barely functional
Anyways, did i miss anything important on this thread? (Aside from first 3 episodes getting realesed, which i already watched)
How is KP's and Smashor's quests going on finding every MU for every Touhou/Gunvolt character? Does Joycap still hate Shulk vs Lightning more than anything? Did Tots' takes get even worse?
I'm doing alright, it'd nice to see you again!

I haven't landed any new concrete matchups yet, BUT I might have a new one for the newest character introduced in the Cheating Detective Satori manga depending on how her character pans out across the rest of the series...

I'm doing alright, it'd nice to see you again!

I haven't landed any new concrete matchups yet, BUT I might have a new one for the newest character introduced in the Cheating Detective Satori manga depending on how her character pans out across the rest of the series...
Nice to hear, speaking about Touhou MUs, i remember you listing that Puyo Puyo gal as Reimu's best MU and i've found a MU for Reimu that sounds pretty good and i kinda want to hear your thoughts on it, is it a better or worse MU for Reimu than her vs Puyo Puyo gal?
Reimu vs Sailor Mars
Connections: They’re both shrine maidens who work at their respective shrines (the Hakurei Shrine for Reimu and the Hikawa Shrine for Rei Hino) from magical girl series who've inherited spiritual powers from their roles and have a red-white color scheme. Both have ofudas (basically charms, wards or scriptures that are said to bear good luck) that they use to disable beings who have an evil aura surrounding them (Reimu's ofudas works on youkai who have an evil aura and Rei’s ofudas purifies enemies of evil influence). Of course as shrine maidens, they can both perform exorcisms and blessings. They both have pets at the shrine who aided them in battle but were subsequently no longer needed again due to both Reimu and Rei perfecting their abilities (Genjii had Reimu hop on his back and aided her to fly up in the PC-98 era up until Windows before she learned on her own, while Phobos and Deimos gave Rei the Mars crystal allowing her to transform into Sailor Mars). Both of them have crystal like subtances that are spiritual in nature that they use as their primary weapon (the Ying-Yang Orb is made out of a type of crystal that have spiritual power and Sailor Crystals are star seeds which are the souls of humans). And it should be noted that this type of weaponry is the only real way of dealing damage to their world’s enemies due to their normal shrine maiden abilities being pretty much ineffective (Reimu against other youkais in the PC-98 era and Mars against Pallapalla and Tiger’s Eye in the house of mirrors). Both of their names have an etymology with a part of their names being "Rei" meaning "lovely" and "beautiful" alongside "spirit" and "soul", basically tying in with them being shrine maidens since priestesses usually have those characteristics alongside them having spiritual powers. Both of them were given their respective roles to ensure they protect their worlds from anything that threatens peace (Reimu having been given the task of exteriminating youkais who threaten the peace of Gensokyo and Sailor Guardians protecting the Earth from evil). Also, with this role they were also given another role to protect something that ensures peace in society (the Great Hakurei Border for Reimu and Princess Serenity for Rei).

Nice to hear, speaking about Touhou MUs, i remember you listing that Puyo Puyo gal as Reimu's best MU and i've found a MU for Reimu that sounds pretty good and i kinda want to hear your thoughts on it, is it a better or worse MU for Reimu than her vs Puyo Puyo gal?
Reimu vs Sailor Mars
Connections: They’re both shrine maidens who work at their respective shrines (the Hakurei Shrine for Reimu and the Hikawa Shrine for Rei Hino) from magical girl series who've inherited spiritual powers from their roles and have a red-white color scheme. Both have ofudas (basically charms, wards or scriptures that are said to bear good luck) that they use to disable beings who have an evil aura surrounding them (Reimu's ofudas works on youkai who have an evil aura and Rei’s ofudas purifies enemies of evil influence). Of course as shrine maidens, they can both perform exorcisms and blessings. They both have pets at the shrine who aided them in battle but were subsequently no longer needed again due to both Reimu and Rei perfecting their abilities (Genjii had Reimu hop on his back and aided her to fly up in the PC-98 era up until Windows before she learned on her own, while Phobos and Deimos gave Rei the Mars crystal allowing her to transform into Sailor Mars). Both of them have crystal like subtances that are spiritual in nature that they use as their primary weapon (the Ying-Yang Orb is made out of a type of crystal that have spiritual power and Sailor Crystals are star seeds which are the souls of humans). And it should be noted that this type of weaponry is the only real way of dealing damage to their world’s enemies due to their normal shrine maiden abilities being pretty much ineffective (Reimu against other youkais in the PC-98 era and Mars against Pallapalla and Tiger’s Eye in the house of mirrors). Both of their names have an etymology with a part of their names being "Rei" meaning "lovely" and "beautiful" alongside "spirit" and "soul", basically tying in with them being shrine maidens since priestesses usually have those characteristics alongside them having spiritual powers. Both of them were given their respective roles to ensure they protect their worlds from anything that threatens peace (Reimu having been given the task of exteriminating youkais who threaten the peace of Gensokyo and Sailor Guardians protecting the Earth from evil). Also, with this role they were also given another role to protect something that ensures peace in society (the Great Hakurei Border for Reimu and Princess Serenity for Rei).
Huh wow, that's quite a lot of connections actually. Skimming over Moon's page it seems like it could be a close fight as well. Thematically it might even be better than Reimu v Arle, so it's a very good alternative. I'm just not the most familiar with Sailor Moon comparatively so I'd need to see more of the series before I'd know for sure if I'd prefer it. I really like the overall vibe of Reimu v Arle as a fight though.

Huh wow, that's quite a lot of connections actually. Skimming over Moon's page it seems like it could be a close fight as well. Thematically it might even be better than Reimu v Arle, so it's a very good alternative. I'm just not the most familiar with Sailor Moon comparatively so I'd need to see more of the series before I'd know for sure if I'd prefer it. I really like the overall vibe of Reimu v Arle as a fight though.
Yeah, i also know jackshit about SM so i'm not 100% sure about it but from what i see it's a pretty good MU
Another 2hou MU i found is Flandre vs Broly, it's stupidly themathic but i think the animation potential could be a problem (I know Broly can also spam projectiles like Flandre but his main method of fighting is still beating the everliving shit out of his opponent until they die, so idk if it can work that well) and Broly already had his best MU, so i still think that Flandre vs Marx is probably her best (Not to mention, Flandre winning against Broly is cringe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back