• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Loves how these crazily haxxed (Blazblue) characters are still somehow not the strongest characters in fiction.

Can Death Battle actually handle the concepts of different walls of hax and the concepts of higher dimensions though? (So far only the Flash characters and Darkseid have been mentioned with similar concepts)

(follow up questions - agree or not)
Taokaka legit beats Felicia (Darkstalkers)
Ragna the Bloodedge legit loses to Sol Badguy
Hakumen legit wins over Vergil (Devil May Cry)
Noel Vermilion still beats Aigis (which can be useful when people complain that SMT/Persona are too OP)
Yūki Terumi defeats Thaal Sinestro (Post-Crisis) (which helps contributing to more non-Marvel wins against DC)
Late but i will try to answer, first i doubt they can do it yet tbh because hax and dimension can take a lot of time to understand.

As for Tao vs Felicia, yes i guess
Right now Ragna beat Sol, except if there's something about GG that i don't know of
Hakumen win, no contest
Noel should be able to beat her but then again i heard Persona get a massive buff so i might be wrong
Wouldn't surprise me if Terumi can still win despite the speed nerf, just because of how broken his hax are
Bump

So before Ironman vs batman s9 was already done basically
They did say roughly they have more than halfway finished producing all Season 9 episodes by the time first half of Season 8 episodes were aired.

So likely they are not just planning for Season 10 but like have at least 1 or 2 Season 10 episodes already polished right now. (I bet all Season 9 episodes are ready for airing at the appropriate moments.)

From the Server
IMG_3974.png
I mean, I'm willing to watch a fight for any obscure franchise, it's inherently more interesting to hear about stuff I'm unfamiliar with personally.

They do need to work on advertising some fights better though, game any kind of algorithm possible, promote on Twitter and Youtube in advance wherever possible, anything you can do to spread the news about it should be done to try and spread the MUs around.

I mean, I'm willing to watch a fight for any obscure franchise, it's inherently more interesting to hear about stuff I'm unfamiliar with personally.

They do need to work on advertising some fights better though, game any kind of algorithm possible, promote on Twitter and Youtube in advance wherever possible, anything you can do to spread the news about it should be done to try and spread the MUs around.
They really need to learn to promote matchups and air them at appropriate moments.

Like they should have aired Shulk vs Lightning by the time Xenoblade remake was just out, Travis Touchdown vs Scott Pilgrim by the time No More Heroes 3 was just out, one Arceus MU by some time after PLA was just out etc.

They are lucky enough they can air Scarlet Witch vs Zatanna (or other MU with her) by the time Multiverse of Madness would be out - by then they have missed the key date of airing of Wandavision.

They really need to learn to promote matchups and air them at appropriate moments.

Like they should have aired Shulk vs Lightning by the time Xenoblade remake was just out, Travis Touchdown vs Scott Pilgrim by the time No More Heroes 3 was just out, one Arceus MU by some time after PLA was just out etc.

They are lucky enough they can air Scarlet Witch vs Zatanna (or other MU with her) by the time Multiverse of Madness would be out - by then they have missed the key date of airing of Wandavision.
To be fair to them, we they can't always know when some of this stuff is coming out in advance. The Xenoblade remake had a pretty short window of time between announcement and release iirc, and NMH3 got delayed quite a bit so it would've been hard to align with properly.

Heck they had kakadhi vs obi wan on a star wars celebration day

They really should promote a match when it has a series with some content going currently for itself
Which is why (at season 6 and season 7) they have quite a time overdoing capeshit matchups.

To be fair to them, we they can't always know when some of this stuff is coming out in advance. The Xenoblade remake had a pretty short window of time between announcement and release iirc, and NMH3 got delayed quite a bit so it would've been hard to align with properly.
Understandable. And then we have had Carnage vs Lucy and then Sony Venom 2 got delayed. Then Galactus vs Unicron gets delayed because the Marvel movie and / or Transformers movie get(s) delayed multiple times.

Has anyone actually subscribed for the Death Battle Champion channel? That is claimed to be ~US$1.99 per month compared to Rooster Teeth First membership for US$5.99 per month.

Of course, that champion membership should mean only Death Battle YouTube channel specific content in whatever advanced or specific way.

Has anyone actually subscribed for the Death Battle Champion channel? That is claimed to be ~US$1.99 per month compared to Rooster Teeth First membership for US$5.99 per month.

Of course, that champion membership should mean only Death Battle YouTube channel specific content in whatever advanced or specific way.
Apparently its 2.99 per month actually.

I've been bouncing around the idea of doing it ngl, since it seems like they're gonna need the support, but honestly I want to see how Season 9 goes before I give the show some money, I was really upset with the output of the show before S8 ngl

Promoting match with fight relating to recent thing did led to S7 comic overuse.

It is also annoying that 5 out of 6 teased MUs could totally be comics lol
Sure fire related to capeshit:
Harley Quinn (DC) vs Jinx
Scarlet Witch (Marvel) vs Zatanna (DC)
Thor (Marvel) vs Vegeta
Possibly related to capeshit:
Tetsuo Shima vs Magneto (Marvel) (can fight Mewtwo instead)
Boba Fett vs Star-lord (Marvel) (can fight Predator or Prophet instead)
Sure no capeshit:
Tanjiro Kamado vs Hyakkimaru or Jonathan Joestar

Ok, for a thinking experiment, I gathered 4 least viewed and 4 most viewed eps from S5-S8. This way we can see the big picture.

S5
Raven vs Twilight 3.3m
Crash vs Spyro 3.4 m
Sora vs Pit 3.1m
Leon vs Frank 3.7m

Thanos vs Darkseid 13m
Carnage vs Lucy 5.9m
Strange vs Fate 5.9 mi
BP vs Bats 7.4m

S6
Dragonzord vs Kiryu 3.4m
Widow vs Widow 3.3m
Wario vs Dedede 3mil
Weiss vs Mitsuru 2.2m

Marvel vs Marvel 6.3m
Might vs Might 7.1mil
Ghost Rider vs Lobo 7.2m
DP vs Mask 6.6m

S7
Canary vs Sindel 2m
(The 7 BR 1.5m)
Red vs Blue 1.6mil
Sabrewulf vs Jon 1.9m
Batgirl vs Spider-Gwen 1.9m

(Beerus vs Galaxy was 3.4+ mil before it was yeeted)
Obi vs Kakashi 4.9 m
Hulk vs Broly 6.2m
Goro vs Machamp 3.6m
Flash vs Sonic 3.8m

S8
Blake vs Mikasa 1.4m
MM vs KAM 933k
Akuma vs Kahn 1.4 mil
Korra vs Storm 1.2 mil

Saitama vs Popeye 3.4 mil
Black vs RF 2.9 m
Bats vs IM 2.5mil
DIO vs Al 2.7 mil

For the most viewed... yeah its a lot of comics. 11/16 are comics. The fact is, years of comics MUs has made the channel cater to them. It is still interesting how Carnage is THIS popular, as well as DIO vs Al, or even Might vs Might.

For the least viewed, lol RWBY and Red vs Blue. Thats awkward. But its also fights not many seemed interested at. 5/16 are comics too, so comics can fail to bring views. I kinda hate to see it, but some cartoony verses didnt bring views, again prolly due to them not being talked much in VS communities.

I heard of Green Goblin vs Kazuya while back.
So Kazuya against Green Goblin is a lesser stomp than say Kazuya vs Wesker? You know, Kazuya is pit against Iori Yagami.

I feel like movie Spider-Man BR might be more likely. Or Spidey vs Ladybug.
Ladybug is for Randy Cunningham and not Spider-Man. This is consensus among fans of Marvel, Miraculous and Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja.

From season 4 there is at least one Naruto character per season. That's why Deidara.
There is still big hype for No Way Home, Green Goblin included.
Green Goblin is for The Joker

How good is GG resisting poison against... well... The Joker? You know, Joker Venom GG. Which is how Harley Quinn may "possibly" win against Jinx.

, but probably is already possible on Season 10.
It won't generate too much views for season 10 finale. It's just to little match-up. Yes, it's a little match-up, because majority of DB subscibers don't know who Kyle is. I can name 5 episodes that are more likely to be season 10 finale instead of Kyle vs Simon:
Goku vs Superman
Goku vs Seiya
Gogeta vs Omnimon
Glactus vs Unicron
Bugs Bunny vs Mickey Mouse

It won't generate too much views for season 10 finale. It's just to little match-up. Yes, it's a little match-up, because majority of DB subscibers don't know who Kyle is. I can name 5 episodes that are more likely to be season 10 finale instead of Kyle vs Simon:
Goku vs Superman
Goku vs Seiya
Gogeta vs Omnimon
Glactus vs Unicron
Who is Omnimon?

Goku vs Superman
Goku vs Seiya
Gogeta vs Omnimon
Glactus vs Unicron

You're acting like Kyle is the most obscure character, when in reality he's not
Even if he's not the most well known character of all time, it can still have good views because of Simon's popularity and people at least being familiar with the concept of Green Lantern

You're acting like Kyle is the most obscure character, when in reality he's not
Even if he's not the most well known character of all time, it can still have good views because of Simon's popularity and people at least being familiar with the concept of Green Lantern
Not enough for season 9 or 10 finale.

Not enough for season 9 or 10 finale.
I mean, All Might and Might Guy are also not as popular characters as characters from 5 MUs you mentioned (besides Omnimon because he feels like "who" and I guess Seiya due to previous reaction on rep from it after Beerus vs Galaxia), and now look where are we.

Simon vs Kyle is probably the most popular MU on DB community nowadays and it overall feels like something that should happen in season finale. It generally gives that kind of vibes. I understand why not in Season 9, because it'll feels maybe too early and there are some other MUs you could use for finale as well, but at S10 moment they should at least acknowledge it.

Let's be real
Vergil vs Sephiroth was a finale and the MU itself ain't Finale material
Same with All Might vs Might Guy

Simon vs Kyle has finale material written all over for it especially if it's given the proper budget and such
Yeah that as well doesn't help there not omniscient

Mentioned this in a previous post
Going by what DJ Said got me thinking

The Death Battle Team need to do a better job promoting the MU/Episode to get more eyes on new franchises
yes the community(this site as well) has to do there Jobs if they want the crew to do more Niche series but the team has to market better
Luis was kinda doing that last year when he was making the track art for the fights but had too much on his plate to continue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back