• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Kill The Hunter"
GridArt_20220312_163444087.jpg
GridArt_20220312_163113041.png

Can't speak for Miriam so...

Does Naofumi manipulate electricity?

I still think GV's Electric Immunity is enough to close the gap. The thing you have to keep in mind about XC2 tier 6 scaling is that while I'm well aware of where it comes from (Aegis titan busting), it is taken WILDLY out of context in a lot of cases (path to Indol w/o Morag / Rare pull scaling deadlock etc.). I'd also mention that Pandoria is Zeke's B&B, and it'd be a hard sell to say any other blade of any other element (and even other Electric pulls) come close, even if said scaling was true.

Also Zeke only has an electric resist with Pandoria, not an outright immunity. Just putting that on the table before you ask (unless you're saying that said resistance is enough to halt GV's offensive options below his 7-B peak, in the same way that GV would laugh off Zeke's 6-C offences with Electric Immunity + Preservation).
"They both manipulate electricity" simply isn't as strong a connection as it once was.

What about Captain Marvelous?
From my understanding wouldn't that be a massive stomp, also doesn't he have a better match with some Kamen Rider character
I'm not sure, man. I thought I enjoyed Ladybug vs. Randy but with the way the Miraculous show is being like, I'd rather him fight Spider-Man
But Randy vs Ladybug is super thematic and doesn't just give an easy win for Ladybug.

But Randy vs Ladybug is super thematic and doesn't just give an easy win for Ladybug.
I can't help but feel they're either gonna make Spider-Man seem more powerful than he is (scaling him to certain god-tier feats), or make Ladybug seem weaker than she is (not buying Cat Blanc being able to destroy the universe), or even both. There's just something about this matchup that makes me think'll zig when we expect them to zag(toon)...

I can't help but feel they're either gonna make Spider-Man seem more powerful than he is (scaling him to certain god-tier feats), or make Ladybug seem weaker than she is (not buying Cat Blanc being able to destroy the universe), or even both. There's just something about this matchup that makes me think'll zig when we expect them to zag(toon)...
Eyyo, when did Spider-Man become a DC character?

It won't generate too much views for season 10 finale. It's just to little match-up. Yes, it's a little match-up, because majority of DB subscibers don't know who Kyle is. I can name 5 episodes that are more likely to be season 10 finale instead of Kyle vs Simon:
Goku vs Superman
Goku vs Seiya
Gogeta vs Omnimon
Glactus vs Unicron
Bugs Bunny vs Mickey Mouse
The research team didn't even know about Seiya recently so don't expect that, Goku v Superman they're likely gonna wait until Super ends, I've never heard of Gogeta v Omnimon being super popular personally

Bugs Bunny v Mickey Mouse and Galactus v Unicron could be likely S10 finales though

I tried to make a list of bad DB MUs while back:

Rogue vs WW
Yoshi vs Riptor
Kratos vs Spawn
Starscream vs Rainbow Dash
Pikachu vs Blanka
Fulgore vs Sektor
Tigerzord vs Epyon
Guts vs Nightmare
Meta vs Carolina
Deadpool vs Pinkie Pie
18 vs Carol
Sora vs Pit
Leon vs Frank West
Captain Marvel vs Shazam
Batgirl vs Spider-Gwen

Bad themes dont matter if fight is a rivalry tho, thats the one exception for DB. Are there fights you think are as bad as these?

I tried to make a list of bad DB MUs while back:

Rogue vs WW
Yoshi vs Riptor
Kratos vs Spawn
Starscream vs Rainbow Dash
Pikachu vs Blanka
Fulgore vs Sektor
Tigerzord vs Epyon
Guts vs Nightmare
Meta vs Carolina
Deadpool vs Pinkie Pie
18 vs Carol
Sora vs Pit
Leon vs Frank West
Captain Marvel vs Shazam
Batgirl vs Spider-Gwen

Bad themes dont matter if fight is a rivalry tho, thats the one exception for DB. Are there fights you think are as bad as these?
I've heard Gray vs Esdeath has bad connections outside of "anime ice users", but I don't know either character that well.

I've heard Gray vs Esdeath has bad connections outside of "anime ice users", but I don't know either character that well.
They have contrasts with similarities should I say?
The connections between Gray and Esdeath are that they are some of anime's most powerful ice users and have tattoos on their chests. Both have also lost their parents at a young age, along with their childhood homes. Both of their fathers also inadvertently passed down corrupting influences to their children (Gray's father, Silver, giving his son Devil Slayer Magic, which can corrupt Gray's soul, while Esdeath's father's ideals ultimately pushed her to becoming the Darwinistic warmonger she would end up as). Additionally, they are also part of teams which they are a prominent part of (Team Natsu and The Jaegers) within larger organizations (The Fairy Tail Guild and The Empire respectively).
Ironically, whilst Gray is known for being pursued by a love-struck woman, Juvia, Esdeath herself is in love with and obsessed with Tatsumi to a similar degree. Furthermore, both Esdeath and Juvia are blue-haired elemental users but whilst Juvia eventually joined Gray's side, Esdeath realized that Tatsumi was her enemy.

In fact, we have had Goro vs Machamp as...
The connections between Goro and Machamp are that they are four-armed warriors who are naturals at fighting who were both introduced in the first games of their respective series. Both are also servants to others (Goro being Shao Kahn's proudest warrior and Machamp being known for being used by various important trainers) and have fought for them in fighting tournaments.

True.

Speaking of which,

We have had cryomancer battles like
  • Sub-Zero vs Glacius
  • Weiss Scenes vs Mitsuru Kirijo
  • Gray vs Esdeath
What other good ice user battles do we have (other than the obvious Cirno vs Jack Frost)?
How many pyromancer battles do we have in contrast?
Like we had Natsu Dragneel vs Portgas D Ace and... Zuko vs Shoto Todoroki (but Todoroki is a half-fire-half-ice user)
And maybe the coming Azula vs Cinder Fall

Last edited:
Leon vs Frank is kinda ok. In a similar vein where characters have connection, but its very specific one. Goro vs Machamp's 4 armed physical fighters is not much, but its very snappy. I asked this Q elsewhere and Leon vs Frank was mentioned. Tho if that counts, maybe Venom vs Bane isnt strong enough either.

Kratos vs Spawn feels like spite against Kratos but the only evidence is BS laughing that GoW fans would be salty about it. Not many considered Uni GoW valid back in 2011.

Grey vs Esdeath feels decent enough, wasnt it mainly Nemesis ******** on it lol

unknown.png
If anyone's still wondering, i'm still working on that Archie sheet, i added 2 more MUs
Shard vs Proto actually has some pretty good connections
Both are robots that were build by brilliant scientists (Doctor Robotnik and doctor Light). Both were built with different purposes (Shard was originally created to act as just a weapon that served Robotnik, while Proto Man was built to be a robot who could think and show emotions) but in the end they both ended up building up some kind of consciousness and their own personality. Both are prototypes of blue robots (Metal Sonic v3.0 and Mega Man) that were made by their creators. They reffer to said robots as "brothers" and even have some kind of rivalry with them. Both at one point had received fatal injuries (Shard was submerged in lava and Proto Man had issues with energy core that could stop Proto Man from functioning) and they were both assumed dead by characters from their verse after these injuries. However, both survived and were actually rebuilt by scientists who were the enemies of their creators (Professor Charles and doctor Wily) with the complete opposite purpose from their original one (Charles rebuilt Shard to be a hero who would protect Mobius from Eggman's robots, while Proto Man was rebuilt by Wily to be a combat robot). And both have powerful arm cannons that can fire all sorts of projectiles (Shard's laser arm cannon and Proto Man's Proto Buster).
So yeah, not bad MU overall

Give me an Archie character that you're looking to put on the grid, but don't know who their opponent could be.
I'll see if Xeno has anyone not yet booked.
Well there's like million of those, lol
If i had to pick one, i guess that would be doctor Finitevus, i have absolutely no clue who can fight this guy, there's Albedo (Ben 10 one, not the Xeno one) who sorta works but i don't like it

Description of the character / list of relations?
Basically he was a brilliant scientist who tried to drain Knuckles' chaos energy to prevent Knuckles from becoming a threat but everything went wrong and he absorbed the chaos energy himself, which mutated him and turned him into an insane asshole who now wanted to destroy and rebuild the world
That's a brief summary of him, if you need more, then his page on Mobius encyclopaedia would be pretty useful

Anyways if folks liked some of the art I posted involving the characters together send me a request and I may do one for ya
Yukari Yakumo vs Altair (yes i know im beating a dead horse at this point, what about it)

Or, if that's not possible, Reimu vs Yusuke or Sakuya vs Axl Low.

Also, I had no idea that art was your own, they all look really good.

Basically he was a brilliant scientist who tried to drain Knuckles' chaos energy to prevent Knuckles from becoming a threat but everything went wrong and he absorbed the chaos energy himself, which mutated him and turned him into an insane asshole who now wanted to destroy and rebuild the world
That's a brief summary of him, if you need more, then his page on Mobius encyclopaedia would be pretty useful

That shit is Dmitri Yuriev almost to a T, good lord.

YurievDeletThis.gif

Chaos energy from Knuckles sounds eerily similar to the U.R.T.V experiments (those meant to help counter U-DO, when III reveals that Yuriev was the OG Salvator (a colloquialism for Designer Children)). Yuriev also ended up taking control of Nigredo when he was shot to death by him in a flashback in II, and for it, was able to infiltrate Second Miltia's military and take over the spearhead of the Zohar project, not too dissimilarity from Finitevus's autonomy from Leigon (assuming I understand that correctly). As for personality and general insanity, well... look at the fight with Jr, and tell me if that looks like the face of mercy to you...

EDIT: I'm looking back though my retrospective notes, and it might have been Fifth Jerusalem's military he got his hands on, not Second Miltia's. Oops.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back