• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you guys think Death Battle is starting to be too lax with how they handle DC and Marvel? I remember when seeing Hulk as universal was pretty controversial, but with this fight it seems like they're willing to scale characters higher up the cosmology chain. I'm not too familiar with Wanda or Zatanna, so maybe their top feats have explanations, but are they consistent high ends or outliers?
Both characters (especially Wanda) just have fluctuating power levels due to how Marvel and DC’s Magic systems work and some other factors (Life Force, Belief, ect). DB used them at their peak because that’s how their show works.

Last edited:
IMG_4932.jpg

Once again
Current Dragon Ball Ws
Trunks vs Silver
Omni-Man vs Bardock
Frieza vs Megatron

50/50
Hit vs Sakuya
Cell vs Most of his MU (Boils down to whether Cell is In the new movie and gets a Buff)

DB Ls
Piccolo vs MM
17 vs Cyborg
Vegeta vs Thor
Cell vs Most of his MU if he's not in the film
Gogeta vs Omnimon

Because times, ideas, and beliefs change. Remember we all used to laugh at the idea of a universal Superman and turned Tonathan into a pariah because he pushed for it. Now it’s commonly accepted.
Comics are far from the only example. Go back five-ish years, if you said Super Sonic was above planet, you were a wanking Sonictard. Mario being above city was considered dumb, Kirby vs Buu was controversial, Avatar was like, wall level, Roshi’s blatant moon busting feat was an outlier, etc. It’s not DB that’s changing, or at least not just DB, but vs debating in general.
Yes this is indeed facts

Any fair matches for infinite Multiversal Sora? 🥲

Personally my main issue when they go with High Ends for Marvel/DC characters its not if they are generally consistent (since its fighting a losing battle due of how inconsistent Marvel/DC tend to be ), and its not like this isn't something limited to just Comic Book characters, but if they are trully as legit as they claim.

Considering that most Universal+ to Multiversal+ feats/statements/scaling for Post-Crisis/Rebirth Superman have always ended up be proven to be either hyperboles or taken out of context, i always take a grain of salt when they bring shit Scarlet Witch "affecting the omniverse", since i always the feeling they either forgot or ignore the context behind to wank the characters.
I mean not really? Most of the high end shit they have is legitimate.

I for one I'm glad Vs community preconceptions change overtime, without adapting to the subjectivity of fiction and being open-minded to new information or more reliable means of power-scaling, Vs debating becomes stagnate and often falls into unhelpful patterns as well as cognitive bias.

The fallacies page pretty much shows off many of these "patterns".
Yep

Wait wha?

Borrowed from @Ahmad2345

Should Jonathan win

Should Tanjiro win

Dio definitely would put a similar face whatever the outcome.

Once again
Current Dragon Ball Ws
Trunks vs Silver
Omni-Man vs Bardock
Frieza vs Megatron

50/50
Hit vs Sakuya
Cell vs Most of his MU (Boils down to whether Cell is In the new movie and gets a Buff)

DB Ls
Piccolo vs MM
17 vs Cyborg
Vegeta vs Thor
Cell vs Most of his MU if he's not in the film
Gogeta vs Omnimon
Add in...
1. should we use Nappa or Raditz vs Jagi?
2. Pilaf Gang vs Team Rocket was mentioned in a Community Death Battle?

Wait wha?
The 2-B/2-A upgrades spearheaded by @Bobsican were accepted, I believe it was briefly brought up a few pages ago. Now Pit gets stomped even harder.

Overall I know quite a few communities that have KH at multiversal level so it doesn't surprise me 2-B/2-A got accepted here too. As for MUs either Shulk (XBC) or WoL (FF) are debatable but the former already has Lightning (FF13) and the latter maybe considered derivative considering how closely linked KH is to FF plus composite Link already lost to Cloud (FF7) so bringing him back to lose to another Squenix protag is pretty redundant tbh.

There are other Sora MUs but the opponent's are mostly "who's".

Also it looks like Slime god, Llama god, godslaying Hedgehog and the chinamen have some competition for the longest profiles (I don't think my scrolling tab has been that tiny before lol!).

I've said it over and over again. No one on the internet was asserting this many universal characters until Beerus showed up to Goku's planet. It's just one big ass chain reaction.

I've said it over and over again. No one on the internet was asserting this many universal characters until Beerus showed up to Goku's planet. It's just one big ass chain reaction.
That's confirmation bias of the normies for you. Gurren Lagann, Ben 10 and other franchises had blatant cosmic feats but it was only until Goku Vs Beerus that people began acknowledging the cosmic feats/statements/lore of other popular franchises and characters.

Remember High 6-A Kratos or 7-B Dante?

This is so true that it’s not even funny. Like goddamn this sentence right here is the definition of post-2015 vs debating.
So…blame Goku.
It's a ******* mess I tell ya

Blade Strangers characters?

Do you guys think Death Battle is starting to be too lax with how they handle DC and Marvel? I remember when seeing Hulk as universal was pretty controversial, but with this fight it seems like they're willing to scale characters higher up the cosmology chain. I'm not too familiar with Wanda or Zatanna, so maybe their top feats have explanations, but are they consistent high ends or outliers?

I don't know, it's just starting to seem like neither company can actually be beat anymore (sans street tier).
Pretty much, after buying Universal Hulk almost all the afteward research has become less skeptical and more hyperbolic, not considering the obvious elephant of consistency that they used to look at in previous seasons, and if you pay attention, they don't have this lax nature when it comes to other franchices that aren't marvel or DC.

One personal issue I have is that alot of stuff in the research ends up being really, really redundant, like in Iron Man Vs Batman they made a big deal about the Sol hammer, "Wow, Tony managed to make a planet destroying weapon!".

Big deal, you guys have him and Batman at universal already.

Pretty much, after buying Universal Hulk almost all the afteward research has become less skeptical and more hyperbolic, not considering the obvious elephant of consistency that they used to look at in previous seasons, and if you pay attention, they don't have this lax nature when it comes to other franchices that aren't marvel or DC.
I assume you haven’t seen Dio vs Alucard and Akuma vs Shao Kahn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back