• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because Guts vs Nightmare was cool as hell lmao.

Also, they gave Metal explicit Archie Comics feats in Zero vs Metal Sonic, meaning it's tier 1 vs tier 4, making it technically the biggest incorrect stomp in the history of the show.
They didn't tho
They stomp using Archie since Amy vs Ramona and at best used the panels as a reference

Because Guts vs Nightmare was cool as hell lmao.

Also, they gave Metal explicit Archie Comics feats in Zero vs Metal Sonic, meaning it's tier 1 vs tier 4, making it technically the biggest incorrect stomp in the history of the show.
But this is Metal Sonic vs Zero it is another Guts vs Nightmare or Sasuke vs Hiei or Hulk vs Broly whatever.

... And even game Amy Rose would hammer Ramona Flowers to jam.

I do not know how people would react to Akame vs Katana. I secretly want it happen. And that technically Akame has AP but otherwise they "are pretty even". (Okay Akame is mostly pit ahainst Killua Zoldyck who is also pit by Black Star) - oh have I suggested another DC vs non-Marvel matchup in which a DC character dies?

Last edited:
Agree with the result or not, I feel that I need cool down and start to dig more obscure verses to take down DC characters since profiles in VS Battles Wiki still focus on 2000s and 2010s.

For Constantine, if DB Team accepts the cosmology in VS Battles Wiki, then Raidou would have no problem.

For other DC VS Non-Marvel, I think SCP-682 is a good choice to beat Doomsday... I think it is OK.
Does DB go here often? What are their sources anyway

Do you guys think Death Battle is starting to be too lax with how they handle DC and Marvel? I remember when seeing Hulk as universal was pretty controversial, but with this fight it seems like they're willing to scale characters higher up the cosmology chain. I'm not too familiar with Wanda or Zatanna, so maybe their top feats have explanations, but are they consistent high ends or outliers?

I don't know, it's just starting to seem like neither company can actually be beat anymore (sans street tier).

Does DB go here often? What are their sources anyway
They go less often here and more to "Outskirts Battle Dome" and "Versus Compendium".

But they do pick feats at here.

Do you guys think Death Battle is starting to be too lax with how they handle DC and Marvel? I remember when seeing Hulk as universal was pretty controversial, but with this fight it seems like they're willing to scale characters higher up the cosmology chain. I'm not too familiar with Wanda or Zatanna, so maybe their top feats have explanations, but are they consistent high ends or outliers?

I don't know, it's just starting to seem like neither company can actually be beat anymore (sans street tier).
Keywords: Consistency, canonicity, which canon picked...

They could brush off Hulk vs Broly when discussing Thor vs Vegeta by saying Thor is far stronger and now has walls of hax and is powered by Phoenix Force (something akin chaos magic of Scarlet Witch) and Vegeta is still nowhere near Zen'O.

In the community Denji beats Itadori
That's an interest take, to bad it's wrong.
At least... Do we have a chance to look at the reasons? Like which tiers do they scale from in their minds from whereever? Like if I can give one or two points on their reasoning.

Death Battle's getting too lax in general, IMO.

well DB has always been the "we use characters at their max potential" show and they are supposed to "celebrate the characters" per their own words

They mean to show off the characters and wow the audience. In the livestream, people typed "Damn. Holy shit! Holy smokes" when they went over Zatanna's feats.

whether that is a good thing or not, is arguable. should they tone down a bit? I mean they could've easily went nuts for Harley, but they put a cap on her.

They go less often here and more to "Outskirts Battle Dome" and "Versus Compendium".

But they do pick feats at here.

Keywords: Consistency, canonicity, which canon picked...

They could brush off Hulk vs Broly when discussing Thor vs Vegeta by saying Thor is far stronger and now has walls of hax and is powered by Phoenix Force (something akin chaos magic of Scarlet Witch) and Vegeta is still nowhere near Zen'O.

At least... Do we have a chance to look at the reasons? Like which tiers do they scale from in their minds from whereever? Like if I can give one or two points on their reasoning.
Arent those 2 heavily outdated?

well DB has always been the "we use characters at their max potential" show and they are supposed to "celebrate the characters" per their own words

They mean to show off the characters and wow the audience. In the livestream, people typed "Damn. Holy shit! Holy smokes" when they went over Zatanna's feats.

whether that is a good thing or not, is arguable. should they tone down a bit? I mean they could've easily went nuts for Harley, but they put a cap on her.
Considering "universe rewriting" Harley Quinn will mop the floor with Star Guardian Jinx but they tone down both so as to give a death to DC street character by a non-Marvel character... They are good cherry pickers.

Back to Jonathan vs Tanjiro, what is the best JJBA part 1 speed feat? Is the Joseph Joestar light dodging feat a part 2 feat?

Arent those 2 heavily outdated?
Can be... Which is why debaters recommend readers follow their forums as well.

Because times, ideas, and beliefs change. Remember we all used to laugh at the idea of a universal Superman and turned Tonathan into a pariah because he pushed for it. Now it’s commonly accepted.
Comics are far from the only example. Go back five-ish years, if you said Super Sonic was above planet, you were a wanking Sonictard. Mario being above city was considered dumb, Kirby vs Buu was controversial, Avatar was like, wall level, Roshi’s blatant moon busting feat was an outlier, etc. It’s not DB that’s changing, or at least not just DB, but vs debating in general.

“Back to Jonathan vs Tanjiro, what is the best JJBA part 1 speed feat? Is the Joseph Joestar light dodging feat a part 2 feat?”

Answering this before speculation goes super far. Jonathan is gonna get part 3 scaling. Because Dio’s using Jonathan’s body. So yeah, Jojo is gonna be FTL again. Now whether or not Planet Waves will be used again is up for debate, but Jojo doesn’t really need it.

Metal vs Zero did use reboot feat of Metal dodging the cast & Sonic X stalactite feat as well.

I thought DB was clear by being "we'll use non-canon stuff if its supported by canon" but sometimes they go "we'll use non-canon feats if they match or are below canon peaks" and "we'll wank characters if both can be wanked or if wanked character still gets stomped".

I get using strongest feats, but it is becoming annoying to see them use feats that kinda break stories, context and consistency. It creates characters that don't feel like true to source. I know its fun to see characters being strong because "this one time", but it can be detrimental in accurate portrayal.

Metal vs Zero did use reboot feat of Metal dodging the cast & Sonic X stalactite feat as well.

I thought DB was clear by being "we'll use non-canon stuff if its supported by canon" but sometimes they go "we'll use non-canon feats if they match or are below canon peaks" and "we'll wank characters if both can be wanked or if wanked character still gets stomped".

I get using strongest feats, but it is becoming annoying to see them use feats that kinda break stories, context and consistency. It creates characters that don't feel like true to source. I know its fun to see characters being strong because "this one time", but it can be detrimental in accurate portrayal.
Blame the writers, not Death Battle. Using the most recent example, if writers have written Zatanna to “not need to speak that one time” then consistency and story doesn’t matter so long as they give an explanation. It’s bad writing but that’s not DB’s job.

Blame the writers, not Death Battle. Using the most recent example, if writers have written Zatanna to “not need to speak that one time” then consistency and story doesn’t matter so long as they give an explanation. It’s bad writing but that’s not DB’s job.
I mean comics duo are an absolute mess and I have no idea how to **** scale them because I havent read enough of their stories, but thats not a thing anyone could reasonably do lol

Personally my main issue when they go with High Ends for Marvel/DC characters its not if they are generally consistent (since its fighting a losing battle due of how inconsistent Marvel/DC tend to be, and is not like this is limited to just Marvel/DC), but if they are trully as legit as they say.

Considering that most Universal+ to Multiversal+ feats/statements/scaling for Post-Crisis/Rebirth Superman have always ended up be proven to be either hyperboles or taken out of context, i always take a grain of salt when they bring shit like Scarlet Witch "affecting the omniverse", since i always the feeling they either forgot or ignore the context behind to wank the characters.

Last edited:
What are DC characters left you wanna see? Because you like them or what not. Or DC fights in general?
Shazam VS Pegasus Seiya (DC VS Saint Seiya)
Doomsday VS SCP-682 (DC VS SCP Foundation)
Superboy-Prime VS Caliborn (DC VS Homestuck)
Simon the Digger VS Kyle Rayner (Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann VS DC)
Brainiac VS Trazyn the Infinite (DC VS Warhammer 40k)
Ant-Man VS Atom (Marvel VS DC)
Moon Knight VS Azrael (Marvel VS DC)
Star Sapphire VS Heart Aino (DC VS Arcana Heart)
Silver Surfer VS Captain Atom (Marvel VS DC)
Raven VS Sailor Saturn (DC VS Sailor Moon)
Thaal Sinestro VS Yūki Terumi (DC VS BlazBlue)
Lois Lane VS April O'Neil (DC VS Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
Blue Beetle VS The Guyver (DC VS Bio Booster Armor Guyver)
Swamp Thing VS Man-Thing (DC VS Marvel)
Red Hulk VS The General (Marvel VS DC)
Gorilla Grodd VS Mojo Jojo (DC VS Powerpuff Girls)
The Beyonder VS Lucifer Morningstar (Marvel VS DC)
Underdog VS Krypto the Superdog (Underdog VS DC)
Q VS Mister Mxyzptlk (Star Trek VS DC)
Featherine Augustus Aurora VS Mandrakk (07th Expansion VS DC)
Killer Frost VS Iceman (DC VS Marvel)
Nekron VS Jack Noir (DC VS Homestuck)
John Constantine VS Raidou Kuzunoha (DC VS Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner)
Saint Walker VS Gorr The God Butcher (DC VS Marvel)
Animal Man VS Daniel X (DC VS The Dangerous Days Of Daniel X)
Mogo VS Ego (DC VS Marvel)
Nahobino VS Firestorm (Shin Megami Tensei V VS DC)
Mumen Rider VS Kite Man (One-Punch Man VS DC)
Terra VS Toph (DC VS Avatar the Last Airbender)
Piccolo VS Martian Manhunter (Dragon Ball VS DC)
She-Hulk VS Supergirl (Marvel VS DC)
Jackie Estacado VS Enchantress (Top Cow VS DC)
Dormammu VS Trigon (Marvel VS DC)
Ghiaccio VS Captain Cold (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind VS DC)
Annihilus VS Larfleeze (Marvel VS DC)

What are DC characters left you wanna see? Because you like them or what not. Or DC fights in general?
Kamen Rider Quiz VS Riddler (Kamen Rider VS DC)
Damian Wayne VS Su Shiu-Yuan (DC VS Pili Puppet Show)

Yeah, more street tier DC characters should be bullied first before the high tier DC characters get their deserved lose.

In the case of "Marvel and DC multiverse/cosmos is about the same size and both Wanda & Zatanna can destroy them", its not that bad of a call to say that Zatanna having clearer head would mean more consistent wins.

But if the case is "No, Wanda is legitimately stronger than Zatanna" then Wanda probably wouldn't lose due to that weakness. Hell, it might not be a major weakness anymore for Wanda.

Because times, ideas, and beliefs change. Remember we all used to laugh at the idea of a universal Superman and turned Tonathan into a pariah because he pushed for it. Now it’s commonly accepted.
Comics are far from the only example. Go back five-ish years, if you said Super Sonic was above planet, you were a wanking Sonictard. Mario being above city was considered dumb, Kirby vs Buu was controversial, Avatar was like, wall level, Roshi’s blatant moon busting feat was an outlier, etc. It’s not DB that’s changing, or at least not just DB, but vs debating in general.
Tonathon did a hell of a lot more than simply push for universal Superman, lol. That is by no means what he got clowned on for exclusively with his takes on Supes.

Also, dimensional tiering was a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back