• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Saitama vs Popeye nearly hit 2 million views in less than two weeks. Pretty neat
Not surprising it is a season finale tbf
Plus Saitama and Popeye are both well known and popular characters
2 million views is considered impressive for DB nowadays? Remember when their episodes consistently got 5-10 million views years ago? Or am I just massively overestimating how popular the largest versus show is in internet culture.

Edit: Goku VS Superman hasn't even hit 50 million views yet and here I was always thinking it broke the 100 million mark

2 mil almost in a week is good. Remember that some eps have been out for yeeeears.

The normal gains were during early S7 with 1.5 mil views in 2 weeks. That has mostly been decreasing consistently ever since RvB ep weirdly.

I wrote them in Discord badly, but heres the season results in views.

1.9 mil in a week
1.7 mil madaraizen
1.1 mil korrastorm
1.3 mil akukahn
2.2 mil dioal
mm vs kam might break 850k this week, F
subarashi vs IT WAS ME 2.5 mil
2.2 mil for bats vs im
1.6 mil link vs cloud
1.4 mil stevenstar
2.1 mil if vs po
1.3 mil blakasa
1.5 mil heihageese
1.9 mil lexdoom
1.9 mil shadowryuko
2.2 mil yoda vs km

2 mil almost in a week is good. Remember that some eps have been out for yeeeears.

The normal gains were during early S7 with 1.5 mil views in 2 weeks. That has mostly been decreasing consistently ever since RvB ep weirdly.

I wrote them in Discord badly, but heres the season results in views.

1.9 mil (in a week) saieye
1.7 mil madaraizen
1.1 mil korrastorm
1.3 mil akukahn
2.2 mil dioal
mm vs kam might break 850k this week, F
2.5 mil subarashi vs IT WAS ME
2.2 mil for bats vs im
1.6 mil link vs cloud
1.4 mil stevenstar
2.1 mil if vs po
1.3 mil blakasa
1.5 mil heihageese
1.9 mil lexdoom
1.9 mil shadowryuko
2.2 mil yoda vs km
1.5 mil for heihageese is sad and weird considering it has 98% like rate
Same cannot be said for blakasa and mm vs kam and stevenstar
1.9 mil lexdoom + 2.2 mil for bats vs im + 2.5 mil subarashi vs IT WAS ME
Is it ironic that capeshit actually draws audience views despite the capeshit fatigue?
(okay the 1.1 mil korrastorm shows the capeshit fatigue is true but it is more of korra vs rey not hppening instead methinks)

Last edited:
EvPxQM5VEAIGIP3.jpg
a3d2bc7a1e316f27f63ab371620b4c1c.jpg
Good. It shows that Mordecai + Rugby vs Jake + Finn works in 2d sprites as well as 2d hand drawn.

... this matchup has been hanging around for years. Is anyone smart enough to write them on the list for the attention of the attention of the crew? Hard to believe this is out of the radar from them if this is one of the hot requested matchups.

I've been thinking, what would be the hypothertically worse season of Death Battle? Like we all talk about matches we'd like to see but how about shit that you'd hate to see.
Yukari vs Giratina, Reimu vs Madoka, Lupin III vs Carmen Sandiego, Master Chief vs Samus, and any possible Sans MU.

The last two are things I just kinda dislike rather than hate but I still don't like the idea of them happening.

Nah, the salt from DB fans after Beerus takes the L more than makes up for how much the MU itself sucks ass.
Kinda humorous you pulling this card seeing as the first two matches you mentioned as being the worst are ones in which Touhou loses, lol. Then again, I don't even think the salt from Beerus losing to Arceus would be bad at all these days. Or at least, nowhere near as bad as the shitstorm that was Ben 10 vs Green Lantern.

Kinda humorous you pulling this card seeing as the first two matches you mentioned as being the worst are ones in which Touhou loses, lol. Then again, I don't even think the salt from Beerus losing to Arceus would be bad at all these days. Or at least, nowhere near as bad as the shitstorm that was Ben 10 vs Green Lantern.
Eh, whether or not a character loses isn't that big of a deal to me, my love of Touhou aside. Reimu vs Madoka and Yukari vs Giratina have virtually no connections, and there are far better matchups for either, yet I still see them surprisingly often.

They won't lose after the tier 1 revisions tho

On this site perhaps. But most people don't give a damn about this wiki, so that hardly matters at all, lol.
I mean you're kind of right, but at the same time 2hu is pretty much only known to casuals as being that series with the "good music" and "OP girls."

So you could potentially tell them any type of scaling, and they may honestly buy it without a second thought especially if it's the queen of getting overhyped herself, Yukari

Hey guys, what’s your pipe dream matchups? Im still holding out for Nanashi vs Madoka and Weather vs Marie
Oh boy another chance to shill Yukari vs Altair

Good connections, very high animation potential, absurdly good music potential (ZUN and Hiroyuki Sawano are both godlike composers), very good banter potential if done right, a fight that'd feel equally appropriate with minimal destruction and a greater focus on hax or over the top casual cosmic destruction, and it's surprisingly debatable, with Yukari's only confirmed advantages being speed, range and versatility, with almost everything else being up for debate.

Also saves Altair from the spectre
Well I am sure Spectre vs Living Tribunal is one capeshit matchup which even capeshit haters will accept.

Hey guys, what’s your pipe dream matchups? Im still holding out for Nanashi vs Madoka and Weather vs Marie
Not exactly top priority, but:

Replace Weather vs Marie with Weather vs Nami (One Piece) and Toppo (Dragon Ball Super) vs Marie and we can talk

For Yukari Yakumo vs Altair (Re:Creators), I can accept Yukari vs Dimentio or Hoopa as alternatives, but any one of the three will be great. Save Giratina for Yuyuko Saigyouji if Yuyuko is not fighting against Hades (Saint Seiya), Nekron (DC) or Kirby.

Actually Monika vs Miyuki Sone is also one.

For Homura Akemi, I wonder if anyone would want Hunter Zolomon to stand against her. (She destroys all opponents with no challenge except "the true Flash")

Last edited:
Pretty much
This site will find the flimsiest way to upgrade there favorite characters to bullshit heights
Just for another group of people to find the stretchiest reasons to drag the hated characters down to the deepest low.

On this site perhaps. But most people don't give a damn about this wiki, so that hardly matters at all, lol.
There will be a way to make sure Cirno dies to Jack Frost (Megami Tensei).

Can we actually wank Coca Cola Polar Bear to higher heights? Or is it destined to die to Pepsiman?

The only fair thing for this site would be to as strict to every franchise as they are with comics.

Honest question, how do you feel about general power level being increasing a lot in VS communities, DB counted as well?

The only fair thing for this site would be to as strict to every franchise as they are with comics.

Honest question, how do you feel about general power level being increasing a lot in VS communities, DB counted as well?
I consider this a phenomenon when:
1) Science tells a certain feat yields a certain amount of power change or speed or strength
2) Literature tells a certain realm consists of some dimensions with some aspects of hax floating around
3) Straight logic tells that a character can only rival another character if one is as strong and as haxxy as the other character.

Last edited:

Honestly not good most of the time it just screams trying to put there favorites up the fictional food chain based on whatever dimensional jargon they could to put them there
I've seen characters who have feats and scaling to out them higher get put down yet certain characters who have none of that relying badly on Dimensional Tiering get out higher

Death Battle issue mostly consistency in regards to that and not giving some reason for the increase at times

The low end of the Malphite recalc got accepted so Jinx is gonna be High 8-C if I’m reading correctly.
Well, I am asking for help in finding good clips which that giant character moves and fights. Once done, the results may change - back to a bigger stomp in favor of Jinx.

Well even if we assume Harley would have the Joker Venom, we are working on relativistic speed justification AND items that resists poison manipulation.

Hope on Jinx killing Harley Quinn has never ended.

May be off topic: 1. is anyone seeing a Jojo vs Persona matchup where the Jojo character actually wins?
2. Is anyone actually believing Yoshikage Kira can win over Tohru Adachi? (Like by pulling something like a time huh and assume P4 casts can only have their far higher powers in the Mayonaka TV?)
3. Does Tanjiro win over Hyakkimaru? (should he somehow evades from Jonathan?)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back