• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm reading the prediction blog, and I just can't get over the amount of "no no no guys Popeye surviving his universe being erased wasn't a durability feat, it was an existence erasure resistance feat".

At that point you're just splitting hairs for the purposes of downplay.
From a smart guy
"I love how people are trying to downplay it. “Ummm Otto, that’s not a durability feat, it’s an existence erasure immunity power. Please check the official fanboy power manual, thank you.”

Come on now.

"Yeah, I’m sure a guy that withstood having the fundamental underlying reality supporting his existence suddenly turned off can be destroyed by conventional means. You can just shoot him, surely, or blow him up. That’ll work in stopping him when the death of reality didn’t. Surely somewhere in the universe there’s an explosion with enough TNT to outperform a move that made all the stars, planets, fundamental forces, cease at not just the atomic level, not just the quantum level, but altogether."

The strip that feat comes from is literally a guy flipping an "existence switch" that "turns reality off". Literally one of the most blatant examples of EE you could have, and there's no sense in scaling AP/durability to it.

It's low godly/EE resistance, which still makes Popeye unkillable to Saitama, but it sure as hell isn't a durability feat.
Is there some serious distinction to be made between enduring when a universe explodes and enduring when a universe is erased from existence, outside of how abstract the universe-destroying mechanism is? You're still surviving when reality itself isn't, and logic indicates that you can't destroy through conventional means what couldn't be destroyed through unconventional means. You can't kill a person with a gun when he can survive his entire underlying reality being deleted right from under him.

Personally, I'd say that what Popeye did is both an existence erasure resistance feat and a universal durability feat.

Hey, so remember the custom Death Battle season that we made a while back?

Does anyone want to do that again in a couple of days? Because a lot of contenders have come to the format this season (Goku Black, for example), and to be honest, I'd like to change my submission.
Sure. Though not remaking season which already is done(cause I still want to write every episode no matter of mine thoughts on MUs), but putting new submissions.

Is there some serious distinction to be made between enduring when a universe explodes and enduring when a universe is erased from existence, outside of how abstract the universe-destroying mechanism is? You're still surviving when reality itself isn't, and logic indicates that you can't destroy through conventional means what couldn't be destroyed through unconventional means. You can't kill a person with a gun when he can survive his entire underlying reality being deleted right from under him.

Personally, I'd say that what Popeye did is both an existence erasure resistance feat and a universal durability feat.
This topic has been brought up before, and without a UES, EE cannot be scaled to AP. Now I'm no Popeye expert, but if the verse had a UES I think it would've been brought up by now in the feats CRT, this thread, or the G1 blog.

AVvXsEgygxrKZhvqCWwJTx95vXNS3NrS7GxIzQIbjnHo5Ot4y-khPfug8fgMCxP81azGy-krP2ekpzlBkpwh8je2TY8AWxCgoOxg7_KOWXFME2nxJXkKT0aLkCd_b6emqqwsPVh58ArXgVIa9Ks2OtElUfnlbBmvuxJTu3MNdttoFidHRhEC3VEYSZt6J2uiSw=w583-h698

Updated my Season 9 predictions.
sighs But you still couldn't update its small image size.

They got Spooder-Man at 8-A and SoL, while Batman, with his armor btw, is 8-B and MHS, and their justification for speed that is pretty... bad. We'd be lucky if they even scale Joker to Batman like that.

Willem Dafoe stomps. I also think it's pretty known that most of the time on DB Marvel Street tiers > DC Street tiers and DC "Heralds" > Marvel Heralds.
Joker Toxin gg /s (rip Sweet Tooth tho)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back