• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They’ve always have been. Though personally I stopped caring about Bleach as a whole a long time ago. They could be outerversal or below average human level and I wouldn’t bat an eye.

Ngl, I feel like a battle with Giorno, Gojo, and Saitama might generate salt
Maybe Pucci too when Made in Heaven gets animated
Gojo and Giorno because they’re both still fresh in peoples minds and Saitama because the basic idea surrounding him in the fanbase

image0.jpg

From the DBW a certain poster said this

People keep saying about many battles that "this is gonna be the next Ben 10 vs Green Lantern" or "this is gonna be the next Goku vs Superman" and I think these people don't understand that it all happens due to circumstances. Goku vs Superman 1 came at a time when the internet was just not ready to accept that there are fictional characters more powerful than Dragon Ball characters. It's why the Dragon Ball fans were way more toxic then compared to now. Many of them are still just as toxic, but I think generally most of them are way more open minded now. Add in the fact, that most casual audience just didn't found Superman as cool as Goku back then, which just made his victory even more unpopular. As for Ben 10 vs Green Lantern, Kuro had made a video overplaying Ben that was blowing up, and since Ben 10 was now a childhood classic for many internet users that hasn't been relevant in a long time, they just felt good thinking of him as some unbeatable god. When the episode came out, people just really didn't wanted to see him lose. It wasn't helped by the fact that Kuro responded multiple times, and the fact that just like with Goku vs Superman, most casual audience just didn't find Hal to be as cool as Ben. Those were the circumstances that lead to the episodes becoming as controversial as they did.

This is why I hate when I see people say that any particular upcoming battld is gonna be the next controversial one. NO!!! PISS OFF!!!!! That's not gonna happen. No episode is gonna be super controversial without circumstances. The level of controversy of an episode depends on a situation and I can prove it.

Remember Goku Black vs Reverse Flash? That was a Dragon Ball loss against DC. Why wasn't that anywhere near as controversial? Because the circumstances were different. We now live in a time when the internet has accepted that Dragon Ball is not the strongest series in fiction, unlike 2013. Not to mention, one thing that Dragon Ball and Ben 10 fans find difficult to accept is that "how can someone bland like Clark or Hal beat someone so badass like Goku or Ben?" That wasn't an issue here. Most people find Eobard to be a super interesting character which is why the Dragon Ball fans found it easier to accept that he can beat Zamasu. And while some Dragon Ball fans might still make their own stats to explain why they believe Zamasu would win, most of them can accept Eobard's victory because they find him to be cooler than Superman. Long story short, stop hyping up upcoming fights as the next controversial one. It's not gonna happen unless the circumstances make it controversial. Trust me, Saitama losing would make the internet rage in 2016, in 2021 however, I think they're ready to accept it.

outside the bold i agree with what this guy said
Someone puts in words

Ben 10 was general audience thinking he was nigh-unstoppable and Hal being nothing.

To be fair, Hellsing has been out of lime light and Dio has been more memed than wanked. I never watched it but I remember recommended YT videos showing "How Ben 10 beats Goku & Superman".

So I would say Saitama loss would be big as well. Its big with general audience. How many million views does Saitama vids get in YT, they were really high if I recall.

Last edited:
Nonexistent theming.
All three are highish-ranking military officers.
Nash and Stroheim are cyborgs.
Guile's design is based on Stroheim.
All of them fight against an evil group/organization with world conquering goals (Pillar Men/Shadaloo)
Guile and Stroheim are extremely patriotic.
Both Nash and Stroheim sacrificed each other in a failed attempt to defeat their respective foes (M. Bison/Santana) and were revived from the dead as cyborgs.
Nash after cyborgization is an unwilling subordinate of the Illuminati whose member/leader Urien/Gill's designs are based on the Pillar Men. Stroheim fights the Pillar Men.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back