• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

di1gmtu-180d0650-442d-46fd-a4fd-a369e897c64f.png

Alright, question time. How do you think Death Battle will justify Bowser using the Pure Hearts even though they can only work when the Four Heroes are together? (As seen in Mario's first fight with Bleck by himself).

My assumption is that they will either just ignore it, or say clones can substitute Mario, Luigi and Peach being there.

Alright, question time. How do you think Death Battle will justify Bowser using the Pure Hearts even though they can only work when the Four Heroes are together? (As seen in Mario's first fight with Bleck by himself).

My assumption is that they will either just ignore it, or say clones can substitute Mario, Luigi and Peach being there.
They'll give it to Bowser since it doesn't matter because Eggman BLINKS and Mario's puny verse is SHATTERED.

Eggman's heavy hitters not being seen in frontline shot makes me cope its a valid point that Eggman would strategize better and keep better things hidden away.

Actually, I don't get that bit-Why DO the Bowser-side treat Eggman's superior planning and strategy as cope? That is a thing he actually has over Bowser, which leads to an overall advantage since they both really have only minor advantages against each other hax wise (that shift the tide in their favor completely if capitalized on) unless you believe one side outstats the other completely on top of those haxes. (Which, if anyone was going to do that, it'd be Eggman.)

They'll give it to Bowser since it doesn't matter because Eggman BLINKS and Mario's puny verse is SHATTERED.
I am just asking because without the Pure Hearts, Eggman just wins with the Time Eater, and Bowser shouldn't be able to use them logically.

BUT, I know that Death Battle will use them, so I wonder what the argument against this canonical and plot-relevant weakness will be.

Yeah I think they'll be equal in AP in DB. It then depends on will they think Retry clocks actually matter and allow Bowser to outlast Eggman.
I think the Retry Clocks will be useless because Time Stones and Time Eater, but the infinite lives will be the main thing that will allow Bowser to outlast Eggman (as well as they they saying his haxes are better and treating his as a hax god).

Tho frankly, even if AP will be equal, I dont see Mario having higher end speed arguments. They are way more clear cut for Sonic. Hell, how much does Bowser resist time manipulation? Thats a big thing I havent really seen proper resistance to.

Another reminder comment: this epic final boss theme is from a Mario game where Peach gets possessed by a demon witch that wants to plunge the world into eternal darkness and despair (they really cooked with the lore, characters and ost with this "paper thin" game).

Tho frankly, even if AP will be equal, I dont see Mario having higher end speed arguments. They are way more clear cut for Sonic. Hell, how much does Bowser resist time manipulation? Thats a big thing I havent really seen proper resistance to.
The blogs usually do have Eggman as faster, but only slightly so they end up null (since immeasurable isn't being accepted, mostly likely). About time hax... the blogs say he resists for these reasons:
Void and Spacetime Manipulation Resistance: Escaped a black hole generated by Peach’s Castle and lived through multiple dips in black holes. He’s come back from the possible universal reset in Super Mario Galaxy. In Super Paper Mario, the Pure Hearts could restore the multiverse, even the universes reduced to nothingness, which Bowser could traverse through previously. If all that fails, he could always just warp through space and time at will.
Which I think Death Battle will follow. However, this doesn't mean he is inmune to time stop, or just having the Time Stones age his army into death, but frankly I think this will just be ignored.

Another reminder comment: this epic final boss theme is from a Mario game where Peach gets possessed by a demon witch that wants to plunge the world into eternal darkness and despair (they really cooked with the lore, characters and ost with this "paper thin" game).

The boss was hard as balls too, and every time you died you had to watch a series of long, unskippable cutscenes.

Really surprised that the TMNT battle royale is on here. Thought it was agreed upon that Leo still wins even if you composite all of them.

The song also goes hard in the remake as well.

I've asked this question before on Reddit and somebody said this, thoughts?

"There's no real indication that Mario, Luigi, Bowser, and Peach are all needed for the Pure Hearts to work. Tippi was citing a quote from the Light Prognosticus, which was basically a collection of prophecies that foretold about four heroes who would unite to collect the Pure Hearts and stop the Chaos Heart. Tippi is essentially just pointing out that the prophecy has been fulfilled. The Pure Hearts needed to be collected by Mario, Luigi, Bowser, and Peach for the prophecy to be accurate, but their power works regardless of who's handling them."

Back