• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

If you mean cross scaling why would he, they share a universe or said the author he compares to them?
In the series Tokiwa Kitareri!! it is revealed that the elder was part of the previous heroes party and assists in the finale:
bQmH9PV.jpeg

His former party members have shown to dodge lasers (Don't ask the logic of this shot, I have not idea):
5pqqnPP.jpeg

And the member of the new heroes party (who he should scale above at least during this period of time) can do this early on in their story:
Qrbj7eY.jpeg

DB mostly avoids doing bad MUs. Although things like DPvsPP happened. Does anyone have any spicy takes on that some DB's that happened are bad MU wise?
Don’t remind me of that abomination. I remember I took a break from db for a while and when I checked in on it the first thing I saw was the announcement for it. I was so disappointed.

I’m hard pressed to find any actual bad matchups, aang vs the traveler is the only one I can think of at the moment

I’m hard pressed to find any actual bad matchups, aang vs the traveler is the only one I can think of at the moment
Ive mentioned in other threads that truly not good MU wise would probably be:

Rogue vs WW
Yoshi vs Riptor
Starscream vs Rainbow Dash
Pikachu vs Blanka
Fulgore vs Sektor
Tigerzord vs Epyon
Guts vs Nightmare
Meta vs Carolina
Deadpool vs Pinkie Pie
18 vs Carol
Sora vs Pit
Captain Marvel vs Shazam

Honorable mentions being Johnny Cage vs Captain Falcon & Batgirl vs Spider-Gwen, who might not be that bad theme wise, but still feels close to being a edge case.

Kratos vs Spawn is still iffy for me, but it is somewhat thematic MU. Its probably closest to being a r/DBM MU actually happening lol

I feel the last bad MU was Spongebob vs Super Friends Aquaman? Even then, it was at least saved by the animation.
Hmmm you know what as MU yeah, Spongebob had no THE ONE MU.

DB mostly avoids doing bad MUs. Although things like DPvsPP happened. Does anyone have any spicy takes on that some DB's that happened are bad MU wise?
Tbf bad MU is not the same as a bad episode, look at Goku vs Superman 3, genuinely no one wanted it to happen, yet the episode itself is goated, meanwhile Jason vs Michael was a heavily requested MU but the episode itself is uuuuuuuughhhh

Tbf bad MU is not the same as a bad episode, look at Goku vs Superman 3, genuinely no one wanted it to happen, yet the episode itself is goated, meanwhile Jason vs Michael was a heavily requested MU but the episode itself is uuuuuuuughhhh
Yes thats why I said MU wise :V

Yeah, most of the time, I feel execution matters more than the concept itself.

I thought Deadpool vs Pinkie Pie was decent.
As a MU? Its just 4th wall breakers with like what, regen? Extremely lame theme that works better with DPvsMask. Its in top 3 worst themed MUs easy, with like BieberBlack & 18Carol only rivaling it in terms of badness and lack of rivalry.

As a fight? Meh, average at best, not even really funny, 4th wall breaks were weak. Arguably kinda not good tbh.
Sorry, I can't read
Its ok, you are qualified to research DB then, hell VS in general :^)

I want them to use Meta Knight already so that the Kirby big three can have a clean 3-0. Unless Meta Knight loses against whoever they put him up against in which case keep his ass far away from DB.

Marvel was the first to get 3-0 in WLs. Power Rangers was first to 0-3 in WLs.

MK I guess gets Zero? Other MUs just get wacky for him.

I want them to use Meta Knight already so that the Kirby big three can have a clean 3-0. Unless Meta Knight loses against whoever they put him up against in which case keep his ass far away from DB.
DB usually uses matchups that are super popular or ones that are relevant due to a recent release of some media related to them.
Ash vs Yugi? Popular
Godzilla vs Hulk? Hulk is always relevant and has appeared in the recent marvel game, Godzilla is at an all time high rn.
Gru vs Megamind? Despicable Me 4 came out recently, Megamind got a series.

See? It's possible we'll see MK but he is just slightly not known well enough to appear in a death battle rn. We'll probably see him when the next game comes out.

The big mu ato for him are riku or zero and the latter is one that more into

I don't really know if this is a false memory or not, but I vividly remember a Bowser vs Eggman blog being posted in the last thread. Can anyone show if that did happen, and if so repost it? (I remember being surprised Eggman won but I could've just made that up in my mind).

I don't really know if this is a false memory or not, but I vividly remember a Bowser vs Eggman blog being posted in the last thread. Can anyone show if that did happen, and if so repost it? (I remember being surprised Eggman won but I could've just made that up in my mind).

Back