• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
@CloverDragon03 @KLOL506 @Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan @Dark-Carioca @DMUA

You have all evaluated the calculation linked above in the past, but had some conflicting views on it. Is it fine if the low-end result is applied?
Most of the conflicting views were resolved after the calc had been shifted to the surface busting value.

After that, only Spino had issues saying this:

"Should the explosion formula even be used since this isn't really an explosion shockwave?"

I replied:

"I mean, the terraforming process definitely worked out like destructive shockwaves that leveled skyscrapers and stuff."

I later added on the thread that the shockwaves alone leveled mountains.

Given that our ground-based explosion formula itself is a shockwave formula in disguise, I see no reason why the formula itself can't be used for this.

Okay, so should we apply the low-end result then? It seems best to wait a bit for other calc group replies first though.

I think he means that just because Superman was healed doesn't mean he was at complete peak strength afterwards
This is exactly what I'm saying, we know from the MOS novelization being healed by sunlight doesn't always amp him to his peak. He's expressly fatigued during that novel's depiction of the Zod fight and the fight in the third of BVS is the only time he's treated as relative to the other characters compared to about, what, three or four instances of superiority with no implications he's stronger in JL.

Last edited:
Not even that tbh, like 6-C backscaling
That's unfortunate.
Really I think the 6-C is a lowball but that's it
Wait, would it still be possible to investigate more dceu feats that could give us higher ratings other than the world engine's value? I was still thinking of a recalc of Aquaman sinking down atlantis, even though the already calced feat is lowballed.

I mean, we're still looking for feats that are higher than 6-C, and Superman can just upscale from it

Scaling is still being discussed here.
I thought it was already decided that Justice League members and Steppenwolf are 6-C while Superman, the Old Gods and Zod (possibly) get High 6-C
I mean, we're still looking for feats that are higher than 6-C, and Superman can just upscale from it
Don't really see much of a reason too. We've already got two good Tier 6 feats

Also, isn't the Atlantis feat Environmental Destruction? And would it really scale to anyone other than the trident?

Steppenwolf should be High 6-C because he scales to the Old Gods. He's treated as comparable to the Old Gods given he went to war with them

Theatrical Steppenwolf, at least. Not sure what happens to Snyderverse Steppenwolf because he never went to war with the Old Gods

Last edited:
Steppenwolf should be High 6-C given he scales to the Old Gods. He's treated as comparable to the Old Gods given he went to war with them
The Old Gods scale to peak Superman who stomped Steppenwolf. This scaling chain would be Steppenwolf ~ Old Gods > Superman > Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf should be High 6-C because he scales to the Old Gods. He's treated as comparable to the Old Gods given he went to war with them
Hell nah
He deflects a blast from Zeus which only scales to the Axe but Ares seemingly oneshots him and we then see Zeus split the Unity with a single blast which is > Superman’s own showing and Superman blatantly stomped Steppenwolf

Hell nah
He deflects a blast from Zeus which only scales to the Axe but Ares seemingly oneshots him and we then see Zeus split the Unity with a single blast which is > Superman’s own showing and Superman blatantly stomped Steppenwolf
1. He still takes the blast before lifting his axe and after the blast is done he's not quite afflicted, not even by Ares' axe

2. That is not a one-shot

Theatrical cut scaling sucks

1. He still takes the blast before lifting his axe and after the blast is done he's not quite afflicted, not even by Ares' axe

2. That is not a one-shot
1) I actually think he reacts to the strike with the Axe before it hits him but the angle is weird. 2) We see him take the hit before immediately cutting to him being dragged away from the fight by his own minions, likely for his own safety. That should be telling you he's not relative to Ares on it's own and that's ignoring the fact Zeus is clearly on Superman's level if not slightly stronger thanks to splitting the Unity (which required effort from Supes and Cyborg using his technopathy to make the Boxes feed on each other). If anything the TC scaling is arguably better considering Steppenwolf much more clearly stonewalls and overpowers the League then in the SC (In one scene Diana hits him with her golden blast which barely budges him in the TC but drops him on his ass in the Snyder Cut). Zeus and Ares are clearly top tiers along side Superman and maybe the Karathen, Shazam and Black Adam in both versions

1) I actually think he reacts to the strike with the Axe before it hits him but the angle is weird. 2) We see him take the hit before immediately cutting to him being dragged away from the fight by his own minions, likely for his own safety. That should be telling you he's not relative to Ares on it's own and that's ignoring the fact Zeus is clearly on Superman's level if not slightly stronger thanks to splitting the Unity (which required effort from Supes and Cyborg using his technopathy to make the Boxes feed on each other). If anything the TC scaling is arguably better considering Steppenwolf much more clearly stonewalls and overpowers the League then in the SC (In one scene Diana hits him with her golden blast which barely budges him in the TC but drops him on his ass in the Snyder Cut). Zeus and Ares are clearly top tiers along side Superman and maybe the Karathen, Shazam and Black Adam in both versions
So we don't scale Steppenwolf to the Old Gods and just keep him at 6-C

Why aren't we using the high end Low 6-B version of the Steppenwolf feat?
It was accepted as Low 6-B initially but for some reason the low end of it was still agreed on for some reason idk

So what are the conclusions here so far and why?

Wouldn't it just be better if everyone just downscales from Superman for the High 6-C scaling? I doubt they're all that far behind from him

So what are the conclusions here so far and why?
So far:
  • Superman scales to the World Engine's High 6-C feat
    • The Old Gods scale above Superman via Zeus' Mother Box separating feat >> Superman's Mother Box separating feat
    • General Zod gets "possibly High 6-C"
  • Steppenwolf is 6-C since that is his own feat
    • Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Cyborg, etc. scale / downscale since they fought him

Last edited:
So far:
  • Superman scales to the World Engine's High 6-C feat
    • The Old Gods scale above Superman via Zeus' Mother Box separating feat >> Superman's Mother Box separating feat
    • General Zod gets "possibly High 6-C"
  • Steppenwolf is 6-C since that is his own feat
    • Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Cyborg, etc. scale / downscale since they fought him
Okay. Thank you for the reply. That is probably fine to apply then.

Fatigued just means tired, Superman was without a doubt going all out to stop Zod

To quote the MoS novelization

A toppling skyscraper clipped him on its way down, swatting him to Earth. He crashed into a deserted street a few blocks beyond the circle of destruction.

This can’t go on, he thought. The whole city is coming down on top of us.

He staggered to his feet, reeling. He had been going nonstop for hours now, first against the World Machine, then the singularity, and now Zod. He needed a moment to recharge.

But Zod gave him no respite. He hoisted a stretch limousine above his head and heaved it at Superman, who dodged the car with only nanoseconds to spare. It smashed into the foundations of a looming multi-level carport, and exploded on impact.

Pretty much stated to be weaker while fighting Zod, so i dont think he should scale.

I guess would make sense considering that Zod should be comparable to doomsday who is only around wonder women level

Back