• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there this is a new way to calc the world engine by how it’s explained. I spent a lot of time doing this so I please ask that you thoroughly read it through to understand.

It’s stated to be increasing earths mass to that of krypton’s. For the longest time, there has been no precise way to calculate this as krypton’s mass is unknown, however I think I might have found a way.

In the official Man of Steel special features shows us a side by side comparison of earth and krypton that can be pixel scaled to get its diameter, which in turn helps get the volume of krypton in comparison to earth.

I propose that we use estimates of its mass based off its volume in comparison to earth as they’re very similar planets, both have oceans, land, clouds and it takes Kal El a few minutes to adapt to its atmosphere, all Lois needs is a mask to be able to function in it as well.

Then use the mass-energy equivalence to find out how much energy the world engine was actually emitting.

I didn’t have permission to create a separate blog of my calc so I’m just gonna post it here.

DISCLAIMER: I’m not proposing we use my own calc, (I’m also not opposed to it) I’m simply saying we should use this line of logic since it matches the description of what the world engine is actually doing more than it just surface wiping overtime.

Krypton diameter

315,000 pixels

Earth diameter

253,000 pixels

315,000/253,000 = 1.245

Krypton’s radius AND diameter 1.245 times longer than earth’s.

Earth’s radius
≈6371 km
Earth’s volume
≈ 1.08×10^12 km^3

Krypton’s radius
≈7,932.272 km
Krypton’s volume
≈3/4 pie r^3
≈2.09×10^12 km^3

Krypton’s volume ≈
1.93518519 times that of Earth

For this calc I’ll use:

low end as krypton has 100x less mass to volume ratio than earth to complete the terraform

Mid end as 10x less mass to volume ratio than earth to complete the terraform

High end as equal mass to volume ratio as earth to complete the terraform.

The world engine is stated to be increasing earths mass to the point it reaches krypton’s.

This means for the high end, the world engine is adding ≈ 0.935 of earths mass to get to krypton’s.

Mid end is adding ≈ 0.0935 of earths mass to get to krypton

Low end is adding ≈ 0.00935 of earths mass to get to krypton

Mass to energy equivalent =
E=mc^2

High end:
Krypton’s mass difference: 5.584007e+24
E= (5.584007e+24) c^2
E= 5.0186552093526E+41 J

According to previous calc, this would be divided by 628311.6883 because of its time frame.

This means world engine ap high end = 5.0186552093526E+41 J\ 628311.6883

7.98752483 × 10^35 joules,
Was done by 2 world engines so each one is

3.993762415 x 10^35 joules or LARGE PLANET LEVEL.

Mid end
Krypton’s mass difference:
5.584007e+23 kg.
E= (5.584007e+23) c^2
E= 5.0186552093526E+40 J

World engine AP= 5.0186552093526E+40 J/628311.6883

7.98752483 × 10^34 joules

Singular World engine AP=

3.993762415 x 10^34 joules or LARGE PLANET LEVEL

Noticed a pattern, it’s just one exponent lower in the formula so low end would be

3.993762415 x 10^33 joules or PLANET LEVEL+

There has been no mistake in the calculations, the earths mass is literally like 10^41 joules in energy which is pushing star level.

Before you say, “So why didn’t the world engine destroy earth if it was this strong?”

it’s purpose wasn’t to destroy earth but simply terraform it. In the YouTube video above, there’s an animation by the us military of it sending waves through out earth. It destroying the surface of earth was just a consequence of what it’s actually trying to do and not the cause.

Before you say “outlier” please try and remember all the high end meta’s the verse actually has.

I go over some of them here:

And have found some new stuff since then to further solidify the point which can all be discussed in another thread, this thread is simply just about discussing the calc.

Thanks for reading.

You need actual statements in-verse that mass-energy conversion is at play here for Earth's mass increasing to that of Krypton's for the above calculations to apply.

Since there are none, I am afraid I will have to reject this.

You need actual statements in-verse that mass-energy conversion is at play here for Earth's mass increasing to that of Krypton's for the above calculations to apply.

Since there are none, I am afraid I will have to reject this.
Is this an official calc rule? It’s literally a beam shooting at earth to increase its mass what other explanation could there be? It’s animation shows it sending energy from one end of the planet to another

Is this an official calc rule? It’s literally a beam shooting at earth to increase its mass what other explanation could there be? It’s animation shows it sending energy from one end of the planet to another
Yeah, it's an official rule that there must be explicit in-verse statements of mass-energy conversion at play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back