• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DC J.M. DeMatteis Cosmology Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this dream quote meant to be the proof of higher layers or is there something I'm missing?
I asked him about it in a two-part comment. He said “it all” is part of God's dream as referenced to me mentioned if they are layers of transcendence and spiritual journey to be one with Oneness. He combined all three of my options.

Right but his words don't really reflect that. He basically just said "it's all a dream. God is the only true reality."

IMO far far too vague to apply to anything.

Right but his words don't really reflect that. He basically just said "it's all a dream. God is the only true reality."

IMO far far too vague to apply to anything.
Okay. Never mind then.

Thank you for helping out to you and Qawsedf234.

Goofy, I understood what you meant. I just don't agree with using it.
Then you would know what I was trying to say. What you interpret of the scan was not really indicative of whether these planes are transcendent of each other.

Otherwise, before you said it no one would have guessed it would mean a spiritual journey. I don't even think that was the point of what Spectre said anyways and from what we know it's really not.

Your interpretation was a little too vague and only applies to what the souls “do” which is going through a journey. The spiritual aspect does not counterintude the transcendent plane, in fact, I don't know how you even interpret it as that. Spectre was just showing what Heaven is and saying it was a “deeper dream” a plane of many endless planes.

I've reread it multiple times and the Spectre Volume 4 comics never suggest what you said. How did you even come up with that conclusion? If you thought that your interpretation was fair, then it seems more looks a complete misunderstanding of the message.

Last edited:
Cosmology has unlimited dimensions, and furthermore, it is taken into account that every heaven is a shadow of each other and beyond these heavens there is the concept of "true heaven". Cosmology is huge and it's sad that it's dropping to these levels...

Last edited:
This whole thread has become such a mess that I don't see us making that many changes to DeMatteis's cosmology here. However, leaving the ratings as they are now is unacceptable, as they're plainly unjustified and contradictory. I would advise that we simply apply what I proposed in my OP (Remove "High 1-B" from Heaven, "possibly 1-C" from Mahapralaya, and "possibly High 1-C" from the Divine Presence) as our provisional tiers and leave further overhauls to DeMatteis's cosmology for future threads, preferably after we collectively do a lot more research.
@Deagonx @Elizio33 @Firestorm808 @PrinceofPein @Qawsedf234 @Eficiente Is this acceptable to you?

I would also greatly appreciate all of your help here. 🙏

This thread no longer has a head or tail, is the OP still proposing the same thing or has some changes been made so far?
If possible can you link the relevant posts or a new thread with the proper arguments can be made.

This thread no longer has a head or tail, is the OP still proposing the same thing or has some changes been made so far?
If possible can you link the relevant posts or a new thread with the proper arguments can be made.
I have no idea which posts are relevant now. What I was proposing in the OP was a bare minimum of necessary changes that were meant to serve as a provisional tier. We should apply them for now and close this thread, after which someone else can make a new thread to further discuss DeMattis's cosmology, and there definitely shouldn't be any more debate here.

This whole thread has become such a mess that I don't see us making that many changes to DeMatteis's cosmology here. However, leaving the ratings as they are now is unacceptable, as they're plainly unjustified and contradictory. I would advise that we simply apply what I proposed in my OP (Remove "High 1-B" from Heaven, "possibly 1-C" from Mahapralaya, and "possibly High 1-C" from the Divine Presence) as our provisional tiers and leave further overhauls to DeMatteis's cosmology for future threads, preferably after we collectively do a lot more research.
@Antvasima Is this acceptable to apply? Nobody seems interested in commenting here anymore, and I just want to do the bare minimum of changes and close this.

@Antvasima Is this acceptable to apply? Nobody seems interested in commenting here anymore, and I just want to do the bare minimum of changes and close this.
Probably, yes, but I would prefer more staff input first.

@Deagonx @Elizio33 @Firestorm808 @Eficiente @PrinceofPein @Qawsedf234

@Deagonx @Elizio33 @Firestorm808 @PrinceofPein @Qawsedf234 @Eficiente Is this acceptable to you?
Makes sense to me

Are you willing to revise the following page accordingly, as well as all of our affected character profile pages, @Elizio33 ?

Are you willing to revise the following page accordingly, as well as all of our affected character profile pages, @Elizio33 ?

I could do it, as the changes are extremely simple. This change also doesn't actually affect any profiles, as we don't have profiles for Heaven, Mahapralalya, and the Divine Presence or any characters who scale to them.

Okay. That is good then. However, you need to make sure that your edits are properly structured and explained well.

Tell us here when you are done please, so we can check if they seem acceptable. 🙏

Okay. That is good then. However, you need to make sure that your edits are properly structured and explained well.

Tell us here when you are done please, so we can check if they seem acceptable. 🙏
Done.

Which staff members have thought what here?
Elizio33 agreed to applying my changes and then closing this because, as I said, this thread has become far too messy to use. Nobody else seems interested in commenting, so I do believe we should have this thread closed now.

Elizio33 agreed to applying my changes and then closing this because, as I said, this thread has become far too messy to use. Nobody else seems interested in commenting, so I do believe we should have this thread closed now.
@Elizio33

Are you willing to apply what has been accepted here, so we can close this thread?

@Elizio33

Are you willing to apply what has been accepted here, so we can close this thread?
I already have.
I could do it, as the changes are extremely simple. This change also doesn't actually affect any profiles, as we don't have profiles for Heaven, Mahapralalya, and the Divine Presence or any characters who scale to them.
Done.

Done.
@Deagonx @Elizio33 @PrinceofPein @Eficiente @Firestorm808

Does this seem acceptable to you? If so, we can probably finally close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back