• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DC Comics Spectre Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
(I am doing this from mobile, so forgive me for messiness)

Respect Thread with Links to the feats mentioned here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/4qgje7/respect_the_spectre_preflashpoint/

Key: Base | Crisis on Infinite Earths | Unbound/Aztar

Base Spectre:

Attack Potency/Durability/Striking Strength: Universe level (Far more powerful than Pre-Crisis Superman, easily tanking his blows as if they were nothing and effortlessly restraining him. His mere footsteps cause earthquakes across the entirety of Hell. Survived being literally punched out of the physical universe. He is able to grow as large as the universe via Size Manipulation. Held together a universe alongside Doctor Fate. Treats Doctor Fate as nothing more than a nuisance, and compared their powers as like a straw man going against a hurricane. Casually channeled enough energy into Damage to recreate the universe. Stated that his power is enough to destroy the universe.) Casually no-selled an attack from Zeus)

Speed: Massively FTL+ (Via the feat already on his profile. His punches can travel billions of light years in mere seconds. Far faster than Pre Crisis Superman, and easily cut him off while he was using his full speed in an attempt to escape him. Constantly travels and fights enemies across interstellar distances. Can grow as big as the universe)

Lifting Strength: Universal (Easily utilizes planets as weapons. Can grow as large as the universe. Held a universe together alongside Doctor Fate)

Crisis on Infinite Earths Spectre:

AP/SS/Dura: Multiverse level+ (Matched the Anti-Monitor at his full power, their battle led to the creation of the Post-Crisis multiverse)

Unbound/Aztar Spectre:

AP/SS/Dura: High Multiverse level+ (Easily overpowered Thunderbolt, a 5th dimensional entity comparable to Mister Mxyzptlk, and turned him into a pen. It should also be noted that after Thunderbolt was done with magic, Mister Mxyzptlk was completely depowered. Killed the Lords of Order and Chaos. His reality warping power can affect Post-Crisis Superman, who can resist the powers of Mister Mxyzptlk)

Speed: Immeasurable (Superior to 5th dimensional entities, who exist beyond time and can walk freely through time and hypertime)

Lifting Strength: Immeasurable

Hax and Abilities:

Size Manipulation (Can shift size at will. Adjusted his size to fight the Great Evil Beast, dwarf planets, and can grow as big as the universe)

Hypnotism

Transmutation/Matter Manipulation (Can turn people into trees and salt, animate inanimate objects such as gargoyles, and turn 5th dimensional entities like Thunderbolt into a pen. Can create supernovas in his hands. Disintegrated a man without even trying just by touching him. Turned Phantom Stranger into a mouse)

Telekinesis (Can ragdoll the likes of Doctor Fate)

Non-Corporeal/Intangibility (Physical attacks pass through him, and has stated that he is immune to physical damage)

Time Manipulation (Can stop time. Traveled back in time to witness God/The Presence create the universe)

Nigh-Omniscience (Can comprehend the Vision of God and Omnipresence. Can comprehend all the possible futures of Earth)

Existence Erasure (Can dump his enemies in a void of non-existence, basically forcing them to stop existing)

Duplication (Can duplicate himself)

Invisibility

Soul Manipulation (Can rip souls from peoples bodies. Absorbed the power of a million souls while weakened)

Possession (Can possess mortal bodies as hosts, can also inhabit corpses and machines)

Sealing (Sealed away Entrigan)

Dream Manipulation (Casually broke out of a nightmare)

Reality Warping

Teleportation

Power Nullification (Neutralized the powers of Thunderbolt, a 5th dimensional entity. Depowered Captain Marvel, Black Adam, and Doctor Fate)

Can resist Darkseid's Omega Beams, WW's lasso of truth, and having his soul ripped out.

I agree with all the abilities except for Large Size (Type 8) and Omniscience

You should post scans though so we can properly evaluate them

I am mostly fine with Sandman31's conclusions, but scaling the Spectre from Post-Crisis Superman is ridiculous. Mister Mxyzptlk could think him out of existence if he wanted to.

@Sandman31

Would you be willing to update the Spectre page?

Maybe tomorrow, I've got things to do right now

About Spectre being High 2-A, not sure, its hard judge Spectre because he's one of the biggest jobber in comics

Also, the Spectre didnt turn Thunderbolt into a pen, he merely sent him back inside the pen/ to 5th dimension. Thunderbolt is a genie and Jakeem uses the pen to call Thunderbolt

Okay. Thank you for the help.

Agreed about Thunderbolt.

Sandman31 said:
Maybe tomorrow, I've got things to do right now
About Spectre being High 2-A, not sure, its hard judge Spectre because he's one of the biggest jobber in comics

Also, the Spectre didnt turn Thunderbolt into a pen, he merely sent him back inside the pen/ to 5th dimension. Thunderbolt is a genie and Jakeem uses the pen to call Thunderbolt
Wouldn't that still be a show of power against him though? As Thunderbolt is a confirmed High 2-A being, and he was still able to steal the magic from Mxyzptlk. Unbound Spectre sounds like a good compromise for the fluctuating power levels. .

Extremely uncertain about rating Spectre as High 2-A because of that feat. Thunderbolt, despite being a 5th Dimensional genie was never portrayed nearly as powerful as Mxy and Batmite. The only thing they had in common is that they're both from the 5th dimension and considering that writers sometimes treat the 5th dimension as a pocket dimension/universe, I dont know if that's really enough

Spectre depowering Mxy seems like a similar case to when an alternate version of Zatanna depowered Mxy/PIS

Also, I dont think unbound Spectre is stronger than bound Spectre

I think that your analysis makes sense. Should we close this thread then, or are there other changes to perform?

I mean, unbound Spectre was weak on the Scooby Doo Team-Ups, as in so weak that he had to bound himself to Scooby so that he could stop the evil dude (Who I forgot the name now)

Dont know if my comments add much so feel free to delete if its not applicable or helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back