• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Crown of Dreams | Role play

"I guess this is the exit? Wait..."

She'd try making a stick out of Glass and toss it into the door
The stick hit the door and nothing happened, after all it is closed and Konoe only have to open it by the handle, at least it was not an illusion
It had written: Altruism

The stick hit the door and nothing happened, after all it is closed and Konoe only have to open it by the handle, at least it was not an illusion
It had written: Altruism
Konoe would be perplexed, but reluctant at opening the door. Though, if this was to save Yoshioka, she'd do anything.

"I owe her a favor after all..."

And thus, she open the door gently.

Someone was moving through the swamp, he was wearing a black robe which covered his entire body and did not let him see his facial features, next to him was a horse, Aonbharr.

"This help is not something that will benefit your group, what I do Aonbharr, you will probably understand when the time comes" The man said, while taking Yoshioka's cocoon (https://vsbattles.com/threads/crown-of -dreams-role-play.138465/post-6494246 ) and he place it on the Horse's saddle, and then guide it through a door.

"Time is running out, the Victory of one of the four is a Pandora's box" said the being before letting Aonbharr go through the door, after he crossed, the man looked towards the South seeing a great wave of entropy took everything in, the last thing to disappear was the door that had "Death" on its plate.

-------
Everyone opened their eyes, they were lying on the ground in the dirt of what seems to be a cave, they only had dust although the most worrying thing was the stain of dark matter already covered complete parts of the body, Yoshioka for example had from her neck to a right arm complete and part, Old Man had his only arm affected, Rex had his entire back and Noah had one leg and her left hand covered in dark matter.

Rex was starting to cough from the dust.
"E-Everyone is fine?" He ask

"..." the cocoon remained still and was gonna stay that way for quite a long time. Konoe, on the other hand, woke up and— in her stupor— looked around for anything else strange.
Yoshioka for example had from her neck to a right arm complete and part....

There was nothing- a void. Lakes across a river, drowning across the horizon. Her gaze would point nowhere and bear no direction toward what journey one can take.
A road not taken by anyone, for the road exists not.
A cave embellished with stygian pupils and eyes contain naught.
A corpse born from the hubris of her mind, her body taut.
A mirror on the wall, reflecting no saught.
A restless goal, yet its genesis thwart.
A sacrifice not worth, her soul caught.

Why be? Why bother?
Your brother is dead.
No.
He will never come back.
No.
Maybe............................................................
Maybe not..............................................................................................
But, perhaps....
Perhaps if I do.....

"!" eyes shot wide, yet returned to their normal state. Yoshioka broke free from her glass cocoon, darting gazes here and there. Cold sweat.

"..." she was unsure of what answer to say at that question. Partly due to how she could think or reply rather logically then illogically.

"Fine." was her sole answer, she'd best keep this all in.
He give her a hand "Well, because we don't have much time left" Rex said, looking at his limb covered in dark matter, the group was barely at the third level and they have two more left.

He give her a hand "Well, because we don't have much time left" Rex said, looking at his limb covered in dark matter, the group was barely at the third level and they have two more left.
Konoe, upon entering the door, now sees the group after what seemed to be so long. Her crystal eyes a little weary, mostly forcing her attention towards Yoshioka, whom she rushed to help her get up first than Rex.

Everyone opened their eyes, they were lying on the ground in the dirt of what seems to be a cave, they only had dust although the most worrying thing was the stain of dark matter already covered complete parts of the body, Yoshioka for example had from her neck to a right arm complete and part, Old Man had his only arm affected, Rex had his entire back and Noah had one leg and her left hand covered in dark matter.

Deel woke up and looked around before lighting up in his palm a fire to see in the cave better

Xordenia was staring to her surroundings and wondered what it was all about this place they got all in

5x04_Time_of_the_Angels_219.jpg

Deel woke up and looked around before lighting up in his palm a fire to see in the cave better

Xordenia was staring to her surroundings and wondered what it was all about this place they got all in
The cave had strange scribbles, the old man could barely see anything, the light above them began to flicker.

"I don't know what it says here, but, these marks seem made out of pure terror, like a warning." The old man

(Ok, for this i will wait a full aswner for everyone)

"Xordy..." both Konoe and Yoshioka said, "Jinx.." replied the latter.

"Not the time for jokes, Yaomu...." the witch sighed.
"Master Yos! Master Kon! You two are alright!"

Went to hug both by wrapping her arms around the necks

5x04_Time_of_the_Angels_219.jpg

The cave had strange scribbles, the old man could barely see anything, the light above them began to flicker.

"I don't know what it says here, but, these marks seem made out of pure terror, like a warning." The old man

(Ok, for this i will wait a full aswner for everyone)
"Phenomenal.....yet another soon to be macabre place...."

Said the dragon man in annoyance

"Master Yos! Master Kon! You two are alright!"

Went to hug both by wrapping her arms around the necks
"I'm glad you're safe too..." replied the exhausted Yoshi, "Yep, same here.." added Konoe.

During her hug, Konoe would pat Xordenia, while the other asks, "You think they hint to a creature of sorts?"

Taeka sprung up and cracked her knuckles. She looked down at her legs, then back up around her. It was starting to feel... not as injured.

Meanwhile, Zebedee used fire in his hands, looking through the markings intently and looking through them. Taeka followed behind and looked at what was illuminated.

"Go left to right, then right to left..." The Gallen said.

"How the blazes do i even look anywhere near the same as a sailing unshaved smelling criminal to begin with Yoshi..."

Looked at her with a "really?" glare
"I dunno, I kinda was out of my mind when I answered. Cuz... y'know... I woke up from that..."

She looks behind her, the decaying cocoon where she came from. Closer looks reveal a husk of "Yoshioka".

"•sigh• just start already...."

"Ahem..." clearing her throat, this indeed will be a long one.

"For context- as you and many others know- I fought against the Destroyer and lost two things:
  1. Memory Replay
  2. Memory Replay: Self"
She said, raising each finger.

"This is due to the blade and the power the destroyer held, a form of energy that replicates and/or destroys part of the user's abilities. I once tried controlling it using Replay, but it didn't work- either due to my initial experience or due to lack of proper control... more so leaning toward both rather than one. This made me lose the ability to use the previous replays from the last one, be limited up to 100% output with Stack, and the fact that I can never recover Replay Self." showing Deel her attempt at using it from the palm of her hand, but nothing would even appear.

"How this correlates to the cocoon is something I made during our escape. At the time I made the "domain"- I tried multiple things:
  1. Using the X-ray, which didn't work as the black hole would just absorb them
  2. The birch planet, which was something I tried to emulate in that instant, but failed; and...
  3. Void Simulated Memories
The first two are simple power differences between Cyn and me, but the third was something I found to be a good- no, an even better technique than Self. You see, using Self requires me to replay the exact moment in the past and have that be replayed into reality, which was more taxing since I had to make exact calculations on what moment I wanted to replay. With the VSMs instead, all I need to do is to make a "fake me" that I could emulate the use of Replay Self from."

Slowly, but surely, her hair and eyes would change slowly during her lecture.

"As for the "husk" and the form I am in right now, I've essentially "ejected" the technique of "Memory Replay: Self" given I kinda lost it, alongside most the damage I incured from the fights..."
56177443fe29cc60180385f20c9888d6.jpg

Complete with a brand new red and black outfit, black hair, and crimson eyes. Her gaze remained indifferent as she continued explaining.
"I wouldn't exactly call this a "power up", more so just as a way for me to heal and- using my time in the cocoon- think about the techniques I want to improve upon. Also, another reason for me to improve the use of Loansharks while we're here." she added. "Apart from efficiency and creative usage, the increase wouldn't make much of a difference if you don't factor that..."

"I know I look a little different, but, yeah. That's all!"

Last edited:

"Ahem..." clearing her throat, this indeed will be a long one.

"For context- as you and many others know- I fought against the Destroyer and lost two things:
  1. Memory Replay
  2. Memory Replay: Self"
She said, raising each finger.

"This is due to the blade and the power the destroyer held, a form of energy that replicates and/or destroys part of the user's abilities. I once tried controlling it using Replay, but it didn't work- either due to my initial experience or due to lack of proper control... more so leaning toward both rather than one. This made me lose the ability to use the previous replays from the last one, be limited up to 100% output with Stack, and the fact that I can never recover Replay Self." showing Deel her attempt at using it from the palm of her hand, but nothing would even appear.

"How this correlates to the cocoon is something I made during our escape. At the time I made the "domain"- I tried multiple things:
  1. Using the X-ray, which didn't work as the black hole would just absorb them
  2. The birch planet, which was something I tried to emulate in that instant, but failed; and...
  3. Void Simulated Memories
The first two are simple power differences between Cyn and me, but the third was something I found to be a good- no, an even better technique than Self. You see, using Self requires me to replay the exact moment in the past and have that be replayed into reality, which was more taxing since I had to make exact calculations on what moment I wanted to replay. With the VSMs instead, all I need to do is to make a "fake me" that I could emulate the use of Replay Self from."

Slowly, but surely, her hair and eyes would change slowly during her lecture.

"As for the "husk" and the form I am in right now, I've essentially "ejected" the technique of "Memory Replay: Self" given I kinda lost it, alongside most the damage I incured from the fights..."
56177443fe29cc60180385f20c9888d6.jpg

Complete with a brand new red and black outfit, black hair, and crimson eyes. Her gaze remained indifferent as she continued explaining.
"I wouldn't exactly call this a "power up", more so just as a way for me to heal and- using my time in the cocoon- think about the techniques I want to improve upon. Also, another reason for me to improve the use of Loansharks while we're here." she added.

"I know I look a little different, but, yeah. That's all!"

"You remind me so much of another girl nearly identical to your appearance and gaze....she was a human....yet her aura was so intimidating even monsters would not dare attack her blindly...along her skills with a blade being so powerful she could kill targets even in one good slash..."

His eyes squint a little bit afterwards

"A shame she couldnt be a part of a group for anyone....she never had the chance to do that...even time itself can prevent somebody so terrifying to make a name for themselves more well known from unforseen events...."

(Ahhh finally)

"Well that's a lot of information" Noah said although she received a small sap from Rex, because she basically told her"a lot of text", Rex rolled his eyes before looking around.

"The guy said we had to go north, the thing is that this place seems to be a kind of labyrinth and since we can't see the sun, we don't know how to position north, south, west or east, any suggestions?" Rex asked the others.

"You remind me so much of another girl nearly identical to your appearance and gaze....she was a human....yet her aura was so intimidating even monsters would not dare attack her blindly...along her skills with a blade being so powerful she could kill targets even in one good slash..."

His eyes squint a little bit afterwards

"A shame she couldnt be a part of a group for anyone....she never had the chance to do that...even time itself can prevent somebody so terrifying to make a name for themselves more well known from unforseen events...."
(Reference?)
"Really? I actually didn't plan to look like this, I'll tell you that..." she shrugged, "However, I'm not exactly that intimidating... so, I'm afraid the comparison of looks end there... Not unless you got any more references..."

(Reference?)
"Really? I actually didn't plan to look like this, I'll tell you that..." she shrugged, "However, I'm not exactly that intimidating... so, I'm afraid the comparison of looks end there... Not unless you got any more references..."
"Only your appearance, everything else was describing her from my experience of encountering her, you wont ever be anyway anything like her, she was made to be unique like that"

Afterwards he walks a little with the flame in his hand around looking for anything else written on walls

"Only your appearance, everything else was describing her from my experience of encountering her, you wont ever be anyway anything like her, she was made to be unique like that"

Afterwards he walks a little with the flame in his hand around looking for anything else written on walls
"Ahh, I see..." she nods, grabbing a pouch behind her alongside the Loansharks from the decayed cocoon, opening up a strange spherical object.
ba911d0ddbbdf80901a48454319055ed.png
It was a workshop, with four crescent shapes bent downward to act as its feet. Atop, there'd be two circles overlapping each other surrounding a flat J-shaped structure, containing 8 discs below the bottom half-sphere. Underneath that would be an array of buttons and levers arranged horizontally, and knobs that can be opened.

The black-haired girl would then place each Loanshark onto the eight discs, pulling out one of the knobs for her to put many of her inventions alongside any accessories that could be found from her old "husk", and ripping open a bag of chips.

"Hey, Deel, if we're going to be stuck here for a while and we can't look for any clue... You think we can train and spar a little?" before shoving 5 chips stacked on her mouth.

"Hey, Deel, if we're going to be stuck here for a while and we can't look for any clue... You think we can train and spar a little?" before shoving 5 chips stacked on her mouth.
His eyes would be opening a little wider then usual, it was a sign of surprise, which was a bit obvious

"I almost forgot how much you changed since i first met you, your old self wouldnt even try to ask that"

His eyes would be opening a little wider then usual, it was a sign of surprise, which was a bit obvious

"I almost forgot how much you changed since i first met you, your old self wouldnt even try to ask that"
"I mean if I told you that this "old me" was just a facade to hide my real emotions..."

After some tinkering, she'd give him a look

"...would you believe me?"

Back