• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Could we reconsider the WB 1.19 Petaton calc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wade Kali Strine said:
This "Old boys club" of Admins is absolutely sickening.
This is ironic coming from you. I am very well aware that you are a G+ admin. Doctor Paco is also on G+. You have, in most conversations on this site, brought along someone from G+ to back you up. I am unsure whether this is coordinated but you have no room accusing us of bias when you do something like that.

And, once more, I explained why Doctor Paco is different from Kkapoios, who rarely means any harm.

LordAizenSama said:
Wade, you're a step away off getting banned. Accept that you are wrong and drop the topic.
I just pointed out fallacies in his argument. I pointed out where they are misunderstanding the science. I'm providing scientific papers that may help in clearing up the misconceptions. What about these three things would warrant a ban? I'm not insulting or anything.

Why are you guys threatening bans for pointing out things that are DEMONSTRABLY wrong?

Doctor Paco said:
1. You said that GM used "a loose 'it is logarithmic' assumption." The portion of GM's calc that pertains to logarithms usesthe Richter scale, which is a logarithmic scale. I found it comical because you labelled it as an assumption, when it is a common fact.

2. I've never been on 4chan, lol.
1. I responded to Wade about this already, but the whole section regarding the change from 50mm to 5000mm is not really about the Richter scale. I am not disputing that the Richter scale is logarithmic. I am disputing his cross application of Richter scale to determination of amplitude.

2. Greentexting originates from one part of the internet specifically.

Alakabamm said:
This is ironic coming from you. I am very well aware that you are a G+ admin. Doctor Paco is also on G+. You have, in most conversations on this site, brought along someone from G+ to back you up. I am unsure whether this is coordinated but you have no room accusing us of bias when you do something like that.

And, once more, I explained why Doctor Paco is different from Kkapoios, who rarely means any harm.
A G+ Admin? XD. We don't have Admins. Like all the other One Piece posts when there was no one from G+ there? Or maybe the Jio posts where there was no one from G+ there? Yeah, I mostly just bring G+ people with me. Also, I am not THREATENING anyone for offending Paco. He is a big boy. I don't have to protect him.

Are you assuming that Paco often means harm? What a horrible thing to say about him. What basis do you have for that?

I did not mean that implication. It was solely in regards to Kkapoios.

But I have noticed that general trend, Wade.

Alakabamm said:
Doctor Paco said:
1. You said that GM used "a loose 'it is logarithmic' assumption." The portion of GM's calc that pertains to logarithms usesthe Richter scale, which is a logarithmic scale. I found it comical because you labelled it as an assumption, when it is a common fact.

2. I've never been on 4chan, lol.
1. I responded to Wade about this already, but the whole section regarding the change from 50mm to 5000mm is not really about the Richter scale. I am not disputing that the Richter scale is logarithmic. I am disputing his cross application of Richter scale to determination of amplitude.

2. Greentexting originates from one part of the internet specifically.
1. Cross-application of logarithms to amplitude? The Richter formula literally takes the log(base 10) of the amplitude.

2. Okay? I've seen it on YouTube and Google+ among many other media.

Also, this is getting sort of messy so its probably better to join chat if you are available, Wade, and PM me about this. You can if you want as well Paco.

@Wade Throwing your toys out the cot, being rude and trash talking is not welcome here and often results in bans.

Be thankful you haven't been banned already.

Idk how you can say that Kkapois is more respected than God movement even here when most calcs on this site are from NF and most profiles too

Akuto Sai12 said:
Idk how you can say that Kkapois is more respected than God movement even here when most calcs on this site are from NF and most profiles too
On this site.

1. He used the calculator to find the richter number, given the distance (I assume you are talking about Kka?). If not, please clarify. This is the intended use, given the paper .

2. The Richter scale is logarithmic, but if you notice, I was NOT talking about the Richter scale. I was talking about that chart regarding amplitude that GM pulled up. There is nothing that says usage of that chart involves logarithmic assumptions. It is not about the Richter scale proper, it is about his way of determining amplitude. Huge difference.

3. You don't understand what argument from authority is. It is when I MERELY say that an authority is right, not when I EXPLAIN what they said and why it applies (hence I did). Just spamming fallacies over and over doesn't make them right, you know? And TBH, I only said it because I knew you would eventually use "GM is a respected calc'er" as an argument (which you just did, even). So that point is negligible.

4. Again, it is not a model of a METEOR but of an ENERGETIC, ABOVE-GROUND EFFECT. Very applicable.

5. The paper you linked on EQ has nothing to do with my argument and merely concerns the radiated energy vs seismic moment energy argument. I am using radiated energy. GM is using radiated energy. This is not a concern in the least.

6. On this site, he is.

7. I don't threaten anything, membership on this site is not a guarantee and if you act against community rules you can be banned. I am very much justified in my warning.

1. Who else would I be talking about? What about this paper or the fact that you still havne't proven Meteor = Accurate?

2. Yeah. If only there was anything that shows us the amptitude is logarithmic ... If only something like that existed...

3) "The calc was done by Kkapoios, a respected calc member on this site. I really don't need to justify it to you right now." You mean, like that? Also, I literally just used the GM thing to show you how flawed your argument was. Try and keep up.

4) No it isn't. It is literally displayed as an earthquake, not an impact. It's the shaking effect from the power, NOT the impact of his punch.

5) You ARE NOT using radiated energy if you came up with a different result than what GM had.

6) No one cares.

7) Not even a bit. Lol. But sure, whatever you have to tell yourself.

LordAizenSama said:
@Wade Throwing your toys out the cot, being rude and trash talking is not welcome here and often results in bans.
Be thankful you haven't been banned already.
But condescending is against the rules, right?

@Ala, this is the SECOND person to condescend to me. He just called me a child. Yet you aren't going to say anything, are you? Hyporicy, they name is...

Wade Kali Strine said:
1. Who else would I be talking about? What about this paper or the fact that you still havne't proven Meteor = Accurate?

2. Yeah. If only there was anything that shows us the amptitude is logarithmic ... If only something like that existed...

3) "The calc was done by Kkapoios, a respected calc member on this site. I really don't need to justify it to you right now." You mean, like that? Also, I literally just used the GM thing to show you how flawed your argument was. Try and keep up.

4) No it isn't. It is literally displayed as an earthquake, not an impact. It's the shaking effect from the power, NOT the impact of his punch.

5) You ARE NOT using radiated energy if you came up with a different result than what GM had.

6) No one cares.

7) Not even a bit. Lol. But sure, whatever you have to tell yourself.
1. Not modeled as a meteor, again. Modeled as an energetic above ground event. Massive difference.

2. He used a chart and yet didn't draw from 0 to 4.5 to the correct magnitude, instead opting to draw from 0 to 2.5 and then amplifying it. Not exactly the correct use of his own source (this one ).

3. I am saying that I don't need to spend my time explaining things that you can very well look into, such as the paper I noted above. I'm certainly not calling him an "authority." It's most an irrevelant branch in this entire discussion, anyways, so we don't really need to compare GM to KKa anymore.

4. It is certainly an earthquake, but the source I keep citing is about earthquakes so negligible.

5. We are using radiated energy, look at KKa's calc again. Same exact calculator as GM.

Other things are inconsequential.

Okay. Since Wade and Paco are repeatedly unrepentantly rude and disrespectful, which is strongly against the rules, they both get bans. Politely arguing is fine, whereas the above behaviour is not.

Also, as I mentioned previously, even if you got GM's calculation accepted, it would still be considered as an outlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back