• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

OPM Boros Tier Upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
All right let's cut the shit.

Saitama=/=Boros. In case you forgot, Saitama getting even remotely serious one punch man'd Boros, don't use him an an argument, because there's no pedestal to stand on here.

Multipliers don't work that way: If you want a 2x Multiplier Darkphantom, get yourself an explciit statement in the manga itself for Boros of such, and call me then.

Jumping the tier: depends on the scaling chain, but to my knowledge The calc=Orochi<<<Released Boros<<Energy Blasts<<Meteoric burst<<<CSC

I'd say maybe for upscaling into 5-C on that TBH

All right let's cut the shit.

Saitama=/=Boros. In case you forgot, Saitama getting even remotely serious one punch man'd Boros, don't use him an an argument, because there's no pedestal to stand on here.

Multipliers don't work that way: If you want a 2x Multiplier Darkphantom, get yourself an explciit statement in the manga itself for Boros of such, and call me then.

Jumping the tier: depends on the scaling chain, but to my knowledge The calc=Orochi<<<Released Boros<<Energy Blasts<<Meteoric burst<<<CSC

I'd say maybe for upscaling into 5-C on that TBH
Don't worry about the multiplier stuff. That's not the argument, the original argument just got lost amidst this mess

It's just that Meteoric Burst combines his physicals and his energy, the former of which is 18 exatons and the latter of which is >18 exatons

Potentially, but from what I remember, we tend to avoid upscaling to the baseline of the next tier if the gap is more than 1.5x
Afaik the official rule is this
It's possible for a character depicted as vastly superior to another in a statistic to achieve a tier above them if the latter is close to the next tier. However, such ratings ultimately require case-by-case analysis.
Which is why 1.5x is used, since that's usually within the plus rating range and close to the next tier.

It seems to be assuming that Boros using his latent energy for an energy beam and Boros using his latent energy to push himself around is the same value?

It seems to be assuming that Boros using his latent energy for an energy beam and Boros using his latent energy to push himself around is the same value?
boros's physical strength scales to 1 (saying 1 for context. take the original value for it.). boros uses his latent energy for an energy attack which is stronger than his punch. means it scales above 1 but we dont have a scaling for it so we take at least 1 here.

When he uses MB and attack's saitama, there is both Boros's punch (stronger than original but has no value. still at least 1) and the latent energy comparable (if not superior) to his energy attack.

wiki also accepts them as combined there and the energy from there is comparable to his energy attack.

1+1 = 2.

Boros should get an upgrade here for his AP. two times of his AP =

7.64946924e28 x 2 = 1.52989385e29 joule which scales to moon lvl.

I tagged Mav and Damage, so hopefully they'll respond seeing what the actual argument is

can you say it as well

because im not sure if i explained well, considering what happened before :d

It's the same latent energy so... why wouldn't it be? I understand a reasonable level of scrutiny being applied, that's important after all, but I'm not sure if this is it...

Though in general, I've noticed this kind of thinking is somewhere where we always tend to fundamentally disagree

Well, I'm not necessarily opposed - it just seems like a scaling leap. It is different applications; firing it all off in a single blast vs. keeping it cloaked around him as an aura. Doesn't necessarily mean every action he takes is like having the energy beam stacked on top of it.

Well, I'm not necessarily opposed - it just seems like a scaling leap. It is different applications; firing it all off in a single blast vs. keeping it cloaked around him as an aura. Doesn't necessarily mean every action he takes is like having the energy beam stacked on top of it.
To be fair, that first punch he did in MB caused significantly more damage than his big charged up blast in his Released Form did.

I'm neutral leaning mostly to agree on the proposal then; will see what other staff say.

It's the same latent energy so... why wouldn't it be? I understand a reasonable level of scrutiny being applied, that's important after all, but I'm not sure if this is it...
The only difference between his MB strikes and the CSRC is how much energy he puts into it. Boros' stamina in that form isn't very high either, within 30 seconds he's nearly burned out bybthe form and uses all of his power for the CSRC itself.

I don't see him being 5-C and the most I'd be willing to budge is that the CSRC is maybe that strong.

The only difference between his MB strikes and the CSRC is how much energy he puts into it. Boros' stamina in that form isn't very high either, within 30 seconds he's nearly burned out bybthe form and uses all of his power for the CSRC itself.

I don't see him being 5-C and the most I'd be willing to budge is that the CSRC is maybe that strong.
shouldnt it be fine considering how much he upscales normally? and how AP is very close to it?

also it doesnt say anything about CSRC? it compares his punches and the latent energy he used before MB to his punches.

there shouldnt be a problem for it to not get accepted i think?

shouldnt it be fine considering how much he upscales normally? and how AP is very close to it?
Boros is currently only High 6-A by scaling to Orochi and Psykos through Saitama and his MB mode is vaguely superior. But Psykos is High 6A+ with psionics and Orochi himself is like 5-6x below 5-C.

The only way to get Boros close enough to High 6-A to upscale is making him better than Psykos' beam, which I'm not sure is supported anywhere.

Boros is currently only High 6-A by scaling to Orochi and Psykos through Saitama and his MB mode is vaguely superior. But Psykos is High 6A+ with psionics and Orochi himself is like 5-6x below 5-C.

The only way to get Boros close enough to High 6-A to upscale is making him better than Psykos' beam, which I'm not sure is supported anywhere.
huh? boros scales above 7.64946924e28 joule?

he has high 6-A+ scaling?

ooh i see what you mean

No. It's simply a rule that you can't bridge the 1.6x gap via upscaling alone. So no 5-C.

Good upscaling is still good upscaling though.

its not just based on upscaling? it comes his punches that scales to 1(example) and his energy attack (scales above 1 but has no value. still taking 1 at least). MB combines both in the attack.

No. It's simply a rule that you can't bridge the 1.6x gap via upscaling alone. So no 5-C.

Good upscaling is still good upscaling though.
Wait, so if you have an upscaling the size of a bible that's so big you still couldn't fill the 1.6x Gap?

Anyway, this addition thing gave me the following perspective, Boros in MB gave Saitama some hits worth 1, couldn't you make CRSC be the sum of all his attacks because it's something that uses all his energy?

Anyway, this addition thing gave me the following perspective, Boros in MB gave Saitama some hits worth 1, couldn't you make CRSC be the sum of all his attacks because it's something that uses all his energy?
No, I don't see how that could work. Why would he CRSC be the sum of all his previous attacks?

Because it's him releasing all of his energy at once, which would be like all of his previous attacks being released at once.
no? because there is already an energy lost from previous attack and the fight, regeneration and etc. also even if he had full stamina, it would probably only work for latent energy based abilities.

Because it's him releasing all of his energy at once, which would be like all of his previous attacks being released at once.
I mean the major issue is that we have no idea how much energy Boros had. A punch and a kick left him heavily panting and bent over. His MB mode has pretty mediocre stamina.

no? because there is already an energy lost from previous attack and the fight, regeneration and etc. also even if he had full stamina, it would probably only work for latent energy based abilities.
Well it makes sense, but like if his first move was CRSC wouldn't that mean it would be the sum of all his previous energy attacks?

Wait I though we could only upscale from a 60 to 100 (using city blocks here as a example) gap with only under 60 that we couldn't upscale to the next tier? (no matter how big the scaling chain is)

A released Boros scales to at least multi-continent+. It comes from being able to punch harder than saitama's initial punch.
The energy he at least scales to is 7.64946924e28 joule.
I've always had issues with this. For one, Saitama completely wrecked Boros's armor. The armor designed to contain his unlocked power. It wouldn't make any logical sense for Boros to have a suit that he can just flex out of at any time, because that defeats the whole purpose of it's existence. So the armor is at least as durable as his released form.

Then Saitama casually blows his arm off which is in-line with Boros's suit getting shredded. And he never demonstrates excessive damage in doing so. Boros's feat is qualified through environmental damage. For Boros to have hit harder than Saitama at any point, he'd have to be losing limbs from his own attacks, which never happens.

But I digress.

I agree with the logic in his abilities, but not the multiplier. If anything, far higher becomes likely 5-C.

I've always had issues with this. For one, Saitama completely wrecked Boros's armor. The armor designed to contain his unlocked power. It wouldn't make any logical sense for Boros to have a suit that he can just flex out of at any time, because that defeats the whole purpose of it's existence. So the armor is at least as durable as his released form.
I don't think that's where his scaling comes from. It comes from Saitama's punch not being able to destroy the pillars in the throne room while his own strikes were able to.

I don't think that's where his scaling comes from. It comes from Saitama's punch not being able to destroy the pillars in the throne room while his own strikes were able to.
Which is why I said his scaling comes from environmental damage. Being able to damage more of your ship does not logically make sense when the guy who blew you to smithereens multiple times did nothing that looked like that. He never hit harder than Saitama, otherwise his arm would look like salsa.

And if we observe both truths at the same time - Boros did more ship damage. Saitama did not. Saitama blew off Boros's limbs. Boros's own attacks did not damage his body. The bottom line is based in truth.

Which is why I said his scaling comes from environmental damage. Being able to damage more of your ship does not logically make sense when the guy who blew you to smithereens multiple times did nothing that looked like that. He never hit harder than Saitama, otherwise his arm would look like salsa.

And if we observe both truths at the same time - Boros did more ship damage. Saitama did not. Saitama blew off Boros's limbs. Boros's own attacks did not damage his body. The bottom line is based in truth.
Man, calm the downgrade finger there.

This is also based on the fact that as the fight progresses, Saitama uses punches increasingly harder, which is why Boros had his arm ripped off later.

Man, calm the downgrade finger there.

This is also based on the fact that as the fight progresses, Saitama uses punches increasingly harder, which is why Boros had his arm ripped off later.
For one, Saitama completely wrecked Boros's armor. The armor designed to contain his unlocked power. It wouldn't make any logical sense for Boros to have a suit that he can just flex out of at any time, because that defeats the whole purpose of it's existence. So the armor is at least as durable as his released form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back