• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Post Flashpoint Captain Atom potential upgrade and Doctor Manhattan Downgrade (ish?)

I realised as much, but we already disregarded the whole thing a while ago.

Don't think so. I am not sure if we have talked about the durability section yet.

So far, AP has been accepted and likely striking strength too.
AP; At least 4-B in restricted state (More powerful than the Lanterns, Supergirl, Etrigan. One-shotted Doctor Manhattan.), higher with Absorption, Low 2-C in unrestricted state (If he were to stop holding back and embrace his true power, he will become a universe eating energy monster.)

His evolved form will have similar statistics essentially.

As for Doctor Manhattan, I don't think anyone has disagreed with his changes, aside from Teezar.
Anyway, what are you thoughts on this? This is the current discussion

I'm not up to date with the vast majority of marvel and dc comics, don't ping for these kind of things for a while that is getting annoying.
Okay. Should I remove you from my notifications list?

If you mean the SG/Lantern scaling that's a different topic. We're not using the JL as a justification without a source, whic was the point of my response.
See here please:
I found it. It seems to have been an alternative future. Sorry. My mistake. We obviously cannot scale from that.

Seen and it was a punch with easily knocked Manhattan down ajd I'm pretty sure any other character like batman hitting him would prolly have done the same that's why I said unknown.
He doesn't have credible durability on 4B scale all physical attacks damage from what I've seen except magic.

What? No, it doesn't. Read it again. Guy Gardner was serious af, aka at least 4b tier. And his head didn't pop off. And as soon as he resurrcts, he is tanking attacks from dozens of 4-Bs and unaffected until Cap one shots him.

Gardener is atleast 4B and he doesn't even have a profile and I don't even suggest using him till he gets a profile.
Guy hit him hard enough but didn't even plan to kill him as he was shocked and scared he thought he killed him by just a single punch, and how is that 4B when he didn't even tank the hit in the first place.
Manhattan was manipulating all the magical attacks directed at him and I think that's a bad case of saying durability here. Or basically you could say his resistant to magical attacks.
CAP destroyed hid body easily which is a proof his durability ain't 4B but unknown.

I feel like I am talking to a wall now... I recommend reading the comic again, slowly, and very very slowly, and everything else I wrote above. No clue what else to tell you man, no clue at all.

I believe being able to tank a few 4-B attacks and be fine is more than enough for 4-B durability. Unknown is stupid when in reality we actually have feats of it...

Also, I am fine with 4-B durability for Doctor Manhattan.

What are Captain Atom's greatest durability feats? Only withstanding attacks from 4-B level characters, or fighting others of a Low 2-C scale?

At least Small City level usually (Tanked an energy blast from Firestorm that was potent enough to destroy a city.[15]), likely far higher (Briefly fought his future selves.[7]), far higher with absorption (Survived a few hits from his universe-destroying future self.[7])

This ^.

Basically his low 7-b comes from firestorm. The higher one comes from briefly holding against his future selves who wanted force him to give up his humanity and stop holding back and become the universe destroying monster sooner. The future selves should easily scale to him if not above. For example, one of his (earlier) future self was able to tank a planetary explosion point blank which was caused by an earlier captain atom (time travel, ffs).

Okay. Hasn't he ever fought any 4-B characters?

Also, shouldn't his durability be listed as something like "At least Small City level, likely Universe level+" in that case?

I suppose "at least small city level, likely higher, up to low 2-C with absorption" would work better, hm?

Justice League: Futures End Vol 1 1

I salvaged some P&A and stuff from this issue. Quantum based people have the same powers and abilities essentially, just slightly different applications. Most of these abilities are already on his file, just new justifications.

Matter manip - controls the molecules of the universe.
Large size possible upgrade
Self destruct and extra justification for regen. - He also showed self-destruction ability in Fall and Rise of Captain Atom #1

New:
Time-Space manip
  • He already got time manip tho, but i can't remember spatial one. Although it is through matter manip since he can tap into the SNF

I feel like I am talking to a wall now... I recommend reading the comic again, slowly, and very very slowly, and everything else I wrote above. No clue what else to tell you man, no clue at all.

I believe being able to tank a few 4-B attacks and be fine is more than enough for 4-B durability. Unknown is stupid when in reality we actually have feats of it...
I'm sorry to say but I think you're the one who can't think here. Nothing you said qualifies for 4-B durability as I've mentioned as he never tanked any and all damaged him quite easily infact both guy gardener case who thought Manhattan died infact from his punch and captain Atom destroying his body entirely.

None qualify for 4-B durability.

Last edited:
Well, I suppose that Unknown durability for Doctor Manhattan might work in lack of better options. The more important issue here is Captain Atom.

I agree that DM definitely seems to have 4-B durability based on the above scans.

The first is fire/magic resistance not a 4-B durability shit and magic Manipulation for Manhattan.
Could also be said for the second.
The rest is just energy and heat resistance and we clearly saw Manhattan K.Oed by gardener who was in panick he killed him and easily vaporised by atoms attack which isn't 4-B there also.

But you can add 4-B if you like as I would like to see the scans you use.

Now you just making shit up bruh..

Well whatever, as I said, I am more than fine with keeping him where he is at.

And I ain't commenting again since you can't differentiate resistances and durability as not everything grants durability.
First you brought guy gardener punch then magical attacks..
I ain't commenting again.

Don't think so. I am not sure if we have talked about the durability section yet.

So far, AP has been accepted and likely striking strength too.
AP; At least 4-B in restricted state (More powerful than the Lanterns, Supergirl, Etrigan. One-shotted Doctor Manhattan.), higher with Absorption, Low 2-C in unrestricted state (If he were to stop holding back and embrace his true power, he will become a universe eating energy monster.)

His evolved form will have similar statistics essentially.

As for Doctor Manhattan, I don't think anyone has disagreed with his changes, aside from Teezar.
I suppose "at least small city level, likely higher, up to low 2-C with absorption" would work better, hm?
I will apply these changes later today, if someone can unlock Doctor Manhattan's profile that would be great.

I salvaged some P&A and stuff from this issue. Quantum based people have the same powers and abilities essentially, just slightly different applications. Most of these abilities are already on his file, just new justifications.

Self destruct and extra justification for regen. - He also showed self-destruction ability in Fall and Rise of Captain Atom #1

New:
Time-Space manip
  • He already got time manip tho, but i can't remember spatial one. Although it is through matter manip since he can tap into the SNF
Also what do you guys think about the above?

Very short. As I mentioned earlier, the latter was erased from existence, so it was cut short.

As for your first question... Well, we don't know if it was one universe at a time, or more than one, so can't really say anything. Plus the writer uses 11D multiverse i think or somesuch, so it could be higher. But low 2-C is more fitting.

I will unlock Doctor Manhattan. Tell me here when you are done.

• AP = "Unknown physically, Low 1-C with powers". As I said, he barely has any physical feats, and as we saw in Doomsday Clock, his physical body is much weaker.

New:
Time-Space manip
Only things remaining to discuss ^

Oh, btw Doc Manhattan's file has been updated with durability. Can be closed.

I have updated Cap's AP, striking strength and durability with absorption and unrestricted state accordingly.

Back