• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Conceptual hax in Blazblue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theglassman12

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Ok, so I'm moving the concept hax discussion over here as it would likely derail the other CRT, and as well as the nature of said hax being rather touchy to say the least. But anyways, with that out of the way, here's basically what we found.

So in these scans, Trinity Glassfille, one of the six heroes and one of the more intelligent characters in the verse explains on how it's possible to trap the Master Unit using the concept of the world.

Blazblue Concept 1
Blazblue Concept 2
Blazblue Concept 3

And for further clarification, the infinite possibilities in the Blazblue cosmos were essentially erased/absorbed into the Embryo. Which is further proven by the fact that Naoto Kurogane was essentially sent to the Blazblue timeline cause his reality was completely wiped out.

Some felt like it was Type 3 Conceptual hax at bare minimum, while others, including myself argued that it should be Type 2 considering the fact that the infinite realities essentially are transcendant of reality in of itself, as well as "the world" essentially being everything ever existed, on top of the concept is an independent existence due to the first two scans saying that it's still there despite all other realities being gone. But hey, gotta make sure I don't jump the gun if it's contradictory or anything.

Agrees with Type 2: Zeldasmash, Qliphoth Bacikal, CrimsonStarFallen, HI3 or Bust, ShadowWarrior1999, Dragonmasterxyz, Setsuna Tenma, ShiroyashaGinSan, TISSG7Redgrave, Iapitus the Impaler, Sparda 20000000, Kaltias, The Causality, The 2nd Existential Seed

Agrees with Type 3:

Disagrees altogether:

I can see it being Type 2, going by reading both the concept page (really confusing types to diffenrentiate at 2 and 3) and the scans above.

It's definitely conceptual manipulation. I'll give it that. I don't know what specifically though because concept manipulation's stupid to understand.

Assaltwaffle did give a guideline for type 2:

"So basically a couple things indicate this: Being completely above the reality that the concept it governs. Being capable of existence before or after the objects of the concept (the concept of space existing before space-time has come into being; the concept of death existing existing after everything has died and nothing else remains to die)."

"including myself argued that it should be Type 2 considering the fact that the infinite realities essentially are transcendant of reality in of itself, as well as "the world" essentially being everything ever existed, on top of the concept is an independent existence due to the first two scans saying that it's still there despite all other realities being gone. But hey, gotta make sure I don't jump the gun if it's contradictory or anything."

I agree with his argument, thus agreeing with type 2.

With further inspection, I'm going with type 2.

For the record, this is from Observation, thus this scales to every PI and Observers. Of course, everyone who resisted phenomena intervention resist this concept Hax. Also this counts as Sealing so that should be also distributed.

Alright, it seems that we have enough support to submit this. I'll get a move on with the upgrades then.

The amount of profiles needed. *Endless despair rocks in background*

I'm still unsure if that's concept manipulation to begin with.

They literally relate the "concept of the world" with the Embryo collecting informations, which could indicate that "concept" here is being used as "idea" rather than "universal abstract that shapes reality"

they distinguish the two as it still exists independant from the realities in the verse.

Embryo didn't do anything with concept when absorbing information. It's just that concept remained when Embryo absorbed everything, they don't relate.

Yes but i'm still not seeing what proves that "concept" in this context is "abstract that shapes reality" rather than "idea".

The "idea of the world" can absolutely exist even if the world doesn't because it's just information, just like I can imagine whatever fantasy creature even if they don't exist.

Plus i'm not getting what is manipulating concepts in those scans, is that in the blog?

Trinity referring to the outside of the Embryo, where there's no information. It's absorbed by Embryo and concept remained outside of the universe. It is not an idea.

It is referring to concept of "World" itself manipulated to create a prison for Embryo.

@Shiro

The first scan doesn't say "Informations can't exist outside the Embryo". It says that the Embryo collected all the information, which is a different thing.

@Glass

Isn't Kokonoe simply saying that the multiverse is gone (except one world) in that scan?

Information were absorbed, they don't exist outside of the Embryo. Trinity said that the information of previous world were all absorbed, that is partially why the world is erased. Not to mention in Japanese scan, it's said that it's literally called concept µªéÕ┐Á and not idea þÉåµâ│.

Screenshot 20190216-175348
Screenshot 20190216-180038

Blazeblue seem to be a good VN to play

Anyway, yes, Type 2 seem correct, it existed before and even after the object of the concept (The world), he isn't bound by it, Type 2 is pretty fine.

The Causality said:
Blazeblue seem to be a good VN to play
Anyway, yes, Type 2 seem correct, it existed before and even after the object of the concept (The world), he isn't bound by it, Type 2 is pretty fine.
blazeblue is a fighting game not a VN

The story was '''not''' fun. It's fun if you wanna call Metal Gear or Kingdom hearts' story fun. It's convoluted as ****.

Metal Gear is child's play compared to BlazBlue's story. I'm a fan of both and Metal Gear is FAR more comprehensive and easier to understand.

Blazeblue story is by far the most convoluted video game story to date.There is time travel,time loops and more things of that nature

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back