• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Black Hat conceptual manipulation

RigelBR7

He/Him
Hello everyone again, it's me again, the minor Black Hat fan!!

I came to bring some signs of conceptual/abstract manipulation to Black Hat this time, see.

There are two types of abstract souls/spirits in Villainous, being manifestations of people's positive and negative feelings. And as you know, Black Hat can devour souls, use and manipulate them at his pleasure. Which certainly guaranteed conceptual/abstract manipulation of type 1 or 3.

Scan 1: https://abre.ai/jtmG
Scan 2: https://abre.ai/jtmJ

These scans come from the Creepy Charlie blog, which is a separate medium from Vilanesco's series, and is also connected to the work as well as other websites and books, so it's valid.These scans come from the Creepy Charlie blog, which is a separate medium from Vilanesco's series, and is also connected to the work as well as other websites and books, so it's valid.
Link of Creepy Charlie blog: https://creepycharly.blogspot.com/2022/05/le-livre-des-fantomes.html?m=1

Also in Black Hat's completely harmless book, Caleb says that Black Hat can shape/transform and adapt souls for the necessary objective at the moment.

Scan 3: https://abre.ai/jtmP

ADD EDIT 1: I brought one more quote from an interview to strengthen my argument.
It says here that BH can not only devour souls, but it can also devour pain and suffering, which are feelings.

Scan 4: https://abre.ai/jtH5

Link of Interview: https://nightfurmoon.tumblr.com/tagged/livestream/page/3

In general, because he can manipulate or devour any type of soul in Vilanesco's universe, including abstract ones, this would guarantee him conceptual manipulation of type 1 or 3.

That's all for today. Do these arguments seem valid to all of you?

Last edited:
Destroying/killing a character, who has Abstract Existence, does not give you Conceptual Manipulation. You need to prove that the character affects the concept in question.

Destroying/killing a character, who has Abstract Existence, does not give you Conceptual Manipulation. You need to prove that the character affects the concept in question.
There are several types of conceptual manipulation, one of which is when you have the ability to shape, affect or destroy abstractions or concepts. In this case, BH can devour, destroy and shape souls at will, and there are abstract souls in Villainous. Physical representations of positive feelings and negative feelings, abstractions of people's feelings.There is no soul or other thing in the universe that Black Hat cannot devour, which grants him a specific type of conceptual manipulation.

There are several types of conceptual manipulation,
Okay that's true
one of which is when you have the ability to shape, affect or destroy abstractions or concepts.
Okay, that's true too
In this case, BH can devour, destroy and shape souls at will, and there are abstract souls in Villainous.
Hmm
Physical representations of positive feelings and negative feelings, abstractions of people's feelings.
I have no problem with the entities you mentioned obtaining an Abstract Existence.
There is no soul or other thing in the universe that Black Hat cannot devour, which grants him a specific type of conceptual manipulation.
The point you are missing is that destroying/killing any character, who has Abstract Existence, does not give you Conceptual Manipulation. Just as a character who creates a galaxy does not directly receive Black Hole Creation, or a character who creates a soul does not receive Soul Manipulation; in the same way, killing/destroying a character, who has Abstract Existence, does not give you Conceptual Manipulation.

Okay that's true

Okay, that's true too

Hmm

I have no problem with the entities you mentioned obtaining an Abstract Existence.

The point you are missing is that destroying/killing any character, who has Abstract Existence, does not give you Conceptual Manipulation. Just as a character who creates a galaxy does not directly receive Black Hole Creation, or a character who creates a soul does not receive Soul Manipulation; in the same way, killing/destroying a character, who has Abstract Existence, does not give you Conceptual Manipulation.
The point here is that souls are abstractions of human feelings, and if he has the ability to destroy and devour them, that means he has the ability to destroy these abstractions.He can also affect and shape them, even though he is the abstract representation of feelings, so this would guarantee him conceptual sub-manipulation of a specific type at least.

The point here is that souls are abstractions of human feelings, and if he has the ability to destroy and devour them, that means he has the ability to destroy these abstractions.
Sorry, I've explained this twice. You have to directly influence the concept, you won't get it if you kill him. I disagree

This is literally an explicit soul manipulation feat.
It's not. This was also discussed here a few days ago, read what I and LordGriffin said. You will understand the situation.
In case of creation of large and varied objects, such as planets, galaxies and universes, one should just list creation as ability without listing separate abilities for each created object. For example, while creation of a galaxy likely includes creation of black holes, Black Hole Creation should not be listed separately. An exception to that would be if the object in question is of particular relevance to the characters fighting style, i.e. if the character for instance launches black holes at his opponents.
It will not be rejected.
It will be nice to see that.
Your opinion alone is not valid,
You perceive killing/destroying a character, who has Abstract Existence, as a Conceptual Manipulation xd. This is very funny
especially with your history.
Yes, these my history:

It's not. This was also discussed here a few days ago, read what I and LordGriffin said. You will understand the situation.

It will be nice to see that.

You perceive killing/destroying a character, who has Abstract Existence, as a Conceptual Manipulation xd. This is very funny

Yes, these my history:
We already know these types of people 😂

There is nothing valid here, type 1 is something extremely rigid and there is nothing that even indicates type 2, imagine type 1; Type 3 is not valid because the abstract existence is not valid:
Embodying a concept is not enough to obtain this ability, an abstract needs feats or reliable statements proving that the concept they represent grants them Immortality/Regeneration or control over the abstraction.

There is nothing valid here, type 1 is something extremely rigid and there is nothing that even indicates type 2, imagine type 1; Type 3 is not valid because the abstract existence is not valid:

In fact, souls are an abstraction of their own. Souls are made of abstract feelings, feelings in their essence are concepts. To affect them it would be necessary to interact with the abstraction itself. And in this case, because of this existence, it would be, in other words, low-level conceptual instead of type 2 or 1 here at VSB. The abstraction itself is souls.

In fact, souls are an abstraction of their own. Souls are made of abstract feelings, feelings in their essence are concepts. To affect them it would be necessary to interact with the abstraction itself. And in this case, because of this existence, it would be, in other words, low-level conceptual instead of type 2 or 1 here at VSB. The abstraction itself is souls.
Embodying a concept is not enough to obtain this ability, an abstract needs feats or reliable statements proving that the concept they represent grants them Immortality/Regeneration or control over the abstraction.
That's not enough, everything in essence is a concept, you need direct mention of a concept or a feat that absolutely indicates the same.

Following your logic, all empathic manipulation would be conceptual, which is obviously not the case.

Não basta isso, tudo em essência é um conceito, é preciso mencionar diretamente um conceito ou um feito que indique absolutamente o mesmo.

Seguindo a sua lógica, toda manipulação empática seria conceitual, o que obviamente não é o caso.
Hacia Souls are abstract because they can only exist if there are positive or negative feelings.Without feelings, their manifestation does not occur, so to defeat or destroy them, it is necessary to affect their abstraction.

Back