• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Continuation of this thread. It seems like this either wasn't applied despite being accepted or it got added again for the same shitty reasons to be frank.

Right now Reid has CM Type 2 via bringing in the concept of the "sword", however I still fail to see how this is Type 2 Conceptual manipulation as Reid isn't even effecting concepts that govern the universe / reality. He's slashed apart the concepts of sound and light, but it's not as if he ever effected the universal concepts of light and sound or said concepts would disappear entirely from the universe, not just the technique that uses it.

CM Type 2 removal

Currently Type 2 Conceptual manipulation is defined as the following.

Dependent Concepts: Such concepts are abstract and govern all reality within their area of influence. These concepts shape everything, and changing them would either require the alteration of every object of the concept or, if manipulated directly, change all objects of the concept alongside the concept itself. These concepts, however, exist simultaneously with and are bound by the object of the concept. In this way, an abstract dependent concept can be destroyed by destroying all objects of the concept, restored by re-making an object of a previously existent concept, or changed by changing all objects of the concept across reality. This, however, does not qualify for this form of conceptual manipulation, and is rather treated as a by-product of another action akin to a "domino effect". This type of conceptual manipulation can only be obtained if the abstract concept itself is changed directly, and not by indirect methods. For example, destroying humanity and thus "ending the concept of humanity"

Reid was given Type 2 for the misconception that Type 2 doesn't require effecting these universal concepts but that's simply incorrect as that would defeat the entire point of us splitting the types apart. Type 3 is for effecting individual concepts without effecting reality, Type 2 is effecting the concepts on a universal scale across reality and Type 1 is effecting concepts that exist outside / above reality.

At no point has Reid ever altered or destroyed these concepts. He killed the concept of sound and light, but yet they still exist within the universe as eternal darkness and silence was never mentioned.

Technically I don't think the previous thread had enough staff agreement, but nobody really disagreed, either. In any case, this seems like a straightforward removal.

You need to watch your tone. Every time I have seen you you are being a flagrant douchebag.
First of all me and Zaba are friends and I was joking so you can dismiss yourself. Secondly real nice job crying about someone being mean as joke then calling them a douchebag right afterwards.

Get your emotions in check before attacking someone.

I would disagree, based on the source Bob did provide in the last thread. Which is this thread here.

Basically, DT ended up saying explicitly that Type 2 doesn't need to be universal in scope, and that he actually thinks Type 3 should be deleted.

From what I understand, something like the "concept of light" qualifies as "light" isn't a local, limited to mind thing, rather, it's a concept that is universal throughout reality. So manipulating that concept is automatically Type 2.

First of all me and Zaba are friends and I was joking so you can dismiss yourself. Secondly real nice job crying about someone being mean as joke then calling them a douchebag right afterwards.

Get your emotions in check before attacking someone.
Well then I apologize but what do you expect people to think when you show up and start throwing out insults left and right? I'm genuinely baffled how someone is not supposed to view that as rude. This isn't your private chat it's a public forum.

I would disagree, based on the source Bob did provide in the last thread. Which is this thread here.
Incorrect for the time being as the conceptual manipulation page strictly and explicitly states for Type 2 the universal concept needs to be effected.
Basically, DT ended up saying explicitly that Type 2 doesn't need to be universal in scope, and that he actually thinks Type 3 should be deleted.
Given that this thread is 2 years old and doesn't seem to have been concluded makes me think that's irrelevant. Furthermore DT as knowledgeable as he is, doesn't have the authority to change things without making an accepted implementation. He'd need to have Type 3 removed and reword the definition of Type 2 for this argument to work properly.

Well then I apologize but what do you expect people to think when you show up and start throwing out insults left and right? I'm genuinely baffled how someone is not supposed to view that as rude. This isn't your private chat it's a public forum.
It's called grow some thicker skin and accept you don't know everything about relationships here.

As for the CRT, eh, I'm neutral. Concept stuff has never been my forte

Anyways, I was leaning towards agreeing but Phoenks does make a good point. Light isn't just a localized concept even if it is being manipulated locally. The current descriptions for the types of conceptual manipulation seem outdated.

That's Gin's charm, though.

Anyways, the CRT makes sense, I agree.
I love you too bby. ❤️
Uhhh it's called common sense and intuition? Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure I was joking considering I also insulted myself within the same comment lol.

Incorrect for the time being as the conceptual manipulation page strictly and explicitly states for Type 2 the universal concept needs to be effected.

Given that this thread is 2 years old and doesn't seem to have been concluded makes me think that's irrelevant. Furthermore DT as knowledgeable as he is, doesn't have the authority to change things without making an accepted implementation. He'd need to have Type 3 removed and reword the definition of Type 2 for this argument to work properly.
Maybe DT by himself but Antvasima also agreed with DT throughout the thread, as did other staff and knowledgeable members.

Also, what exactly is your argument against the concept of light inherently being a universal? "Light" is not limited to the mind, nor is it a "personal" concept that only governs a specified object like Type 3's definition would suggest.

So the concept of light does seem to fit the definition of Type 2, much better than Type 3.

Maybe DT by himself but Antvasima also agreed with DT throughout the thread, as did other staff and knowledgeable members.
Again, it's not applied and we both know this. For a standard to be practiced wiki wide then it'd need to be applied to the pages properly. Right now, in terms of the current standards Reid doesn't meet the type 2 requirements.
Also, what exactly is your argument against the concept of light inherently being a universal? "Light" is not limited to the mind, nor is it a "personal" concept that only governs a specified object like Type 3's definition would suggest.
Neither are concepts such as Death Manipulation and Existence Erasure but they're still considered Type 3 unless the concept is altered in a way that effects the universal concepts. You quite literally cannot argue against this as it's typical wiki standard for Conceptual manipulation. If they don't effect reality from manipulation of concepts then they get Type 3 simple as that.
So the concept of light does seem to fit the definition of Type 2, much better than Type 3.
Not really. As I pointed out before currently this is how we treat Conceptual manipulation. What DT and Ant (who isn't even knowledgeable about Conceptual manipulation as he'd admit himself.) agree and or disagree with it is completely irrelevant unless change is made to actual pages. DT can think it's wrong or whatever but that's meaningless unless he gets his views accepted and added. Also linking a thread that has to primarily to do with JJK, Type 2 information and high godly regeneration isn't exactly a strong counter.

You can manipulate any concept, said concept is only accepted as Type 2 if said concept has a consequence on reality.

This thread is from 2021, and doesn't fit our current standards so once more this is irrelevant. Also Type 3 getting removed was very Cleary rejected so yea.

Conceptual Manipulation (Type 2; Stated to be able to cut concepts, and killed the concepts of sound and light. Reid's swordsmanship manifests the very notion of the "Sword" itself[4] and slashes down all objects in the world)
Can someone send the scans for this?
The concepts of light and sound aren't inherently Type 1 or Type 2 without context. Need proof they are governed throughout reality (I'm not asking for them to be governed throughout the universe but the reality). Simply mentioning them as concepts of light and sound, which is considered Type 3. Also "slashes down all objects in the world" isn't enough to establish a Type 2 concept without further context. It's analogous to what Madara claims when he says "his Susano can destroy everything in the universe." (though not exactly the same but I hope others get what I'm saying)

Neither are concepts such as Death Manipulation and Existence Erasure but they're still considered Type 3 unless the concept is altered in a way that effects the universal concepts. You quite literally cannot argue against this as it's typical wiki standard for Conceptual manipulation. If they don't effect reality from manipulation of concepts then they get Type 3 simple as that.
Can you give an example of the concept of "death," or the concept of "existence," being treated asType 3 on the wiki, or are you making that up?

I am arguing that your interpretation of the page isn't even accurate. Light is not a personal or limited idea. It's a concept that is omnipresent in the universe. Manipulating that would not be Type 3 based on the definition provided on the page.

Not really. As I pointed out before currently this is how we treat Conceptual manipulation. What DT and Ant (who isn't even knowledgeable about Conceptual manipulation as he'd admit himself.) agree and or disagree with it is completely irrelevant unless change is made to actual pages. DT can think it's wrong or whatever but that's meaningless unless he gets his views accepted and added. Also linking a thread that has to primarily to do with JJK, Type 2 information and high godly regeneration isn't exactly a strong counter.
Gin you aren't actually countering my argument. I brought up that thread to support what I was trying to say.

Light is not a limited or personal concept. Light is a omnipresent concept. That is the argument I am making as to why it doesn't qualify as Type 3.

A type 3 concept would be something akin to the concept of "Jeffery" where "Jeffery" is just a singular human being that is limited in scope.

Something like death, existence, or light, is inherently universal.

Can you give an example of the concept of "death," or the concept of "existence," being treated asType 3 on the wiki, or are you making that up?
Why would I make that up...? Doesn't seem like good faith on your part. But to answer your question there are plenty of characters who are given Type 3 for this exact reason as per how the literal page states. Type 2 is only given if you effect the universal concepts of something. Mard Geer had his Type 2 EE removed that erases concepts such as Death but due to not effecting the universal concept of death it was changed to Type 3, I.E personal concepts.
I am arguing that you're interpretation of the page isn't even accurate.
Not accurate? Phoenks go read the concept page again. This is not an interpretation of mine, this is a standard wiki practice.
Light is not a personal or limited idea. It's a concept that is omnipresent in the universe. Manipulating that would not be Type 3 based on the definition provided on the page.
Which again is irrelevant unless said CM is effecting reality. Obviously they aren't using the universal concept of light or they'd cease to exist after Reid kills them. There wouldn't be any light or sound in the universe left if he effected a Type 2 concept.
Gin you aren't actually countering my argument. I brought up that thread to support what I was trying to say.
My guy you literally aren't comprehending how we treat Conceptual manipulation. Your "support" isn't actual support since none of it was implemented. DT simply gave his opinion, he didn't make a wiki change Phoenks.
Light is not a limited or personal concept. Light is a omnipresent concept. That is the argument I am making as to why it doesn't qualify as Type 3.
Read above. It's not an omnipresent concept if he didn't effect it on a universal scale. Did it turn to ethereal silence and darkness once he interacted with them? No. Quite literally everything you've said is irrelevant and holds no value.
A type 3 concept would be something akin to the concept of "Jeffery" where "Jeffery" is just a singular human being that is limited in scope.
That's not what a Type 3 concept is. Use the page, not random examples you made with 3 seconds of thought.

Lesser Fundamental Concepts: Concepts that don't meet the same standards as Type 1 or Type 2, such as personal concepts that continue to govern the object in question, merely on a more specific scale, or concepts whose nature is not elaborated upon. Case-by-case specifications and explanations are necessary for such concepts and examples, and they are likely not going to meet the same standards for abilities such as High-Godly regeneration that other concepts may. Conceptual manipulation of this type can be resisted by those who resist sufficiently similar abilities, even if the exact mechanics may differ.

The name of the concept is irrelevant, what's relevant is its scope.
Something like death, existence, or light, is inherently universal.
No they aren't. That'd depend on a plethora of factors, how the abilities work, the verse, the scope etc. Some verses have Type 1 Death Manipulation while some have Type 3. It depends on the verse, to be frank Phoenks your using your own headcanon here instead of what we practice.

Concept of light is considered as type 3 in this character check the scans

I never seen light is considered as Universal concepts without context.

Why would I make that up...? Doesn't seem like good faith on your part. But to answer your question there are plenty of characters who are given Type 3 for this exact reason as per how the literal page states. Type 2 is only given if you effect the universal concepts of something. Mard Geer had his Type 2 EE removed that erases concepts such as Death but due to not effecting the universal concept of death it was changed to Type 3, I.E personal concepts.
I asked for examples, Gin, so that you can substantiate your claims. Just claiming it doesn't convince me immediately. It's not bad faith, it's just a practice in debating.

Mard Geer doesn't seem like a very good example as his Memento Mori seems to target specific individuals, which would be limited concepts.

Which again is irrelevant unless said CM is effecting reality. Obviously they aren't using the universal concept of light or they'd cease to exist after Reid kills them. There wouldn't be any light or sound in the universe left if he effected a Type 2 concept.
I am arguing that affecting the concept of light in general is Type 2 due to light being a universal, omnipresent object in reality that isn't limited in scope.

Reid's ability not permanently erasing light doesn't disqualify him. I don't see where it's a requirement for Type 2 to universally affect reality. DT said as much in the post I provided.

That's not what a Type 3 concept is. Use the page, not random examples you made with 3 seconds of thought.

Lesser Fundamental Concepts: Concepts that don't meet the same standards as Type 1 or Type 2, such as personal concepts that continue to govern the object in question, merely on a more specific scale, or concepts whose nature is not elaborated upon. Case-by-case specifications and explanations are necessary for such concepts and examples, and they are likely not going to meet the same standards for abilities such as High-Godly regeneration that other concepts may. Conceptual manipulation of this type can be resisted by those who resist sufficiently similar abilities, even if the exact mechanics may differ.
The bolded text quite is exactly my example. A personal concept, such as the concept of a particular person, which governs that person... What is your issue?

@Phoenks

We don't assume universal properties are always universal concepts, it highly depends on the context. Without that context, we can't assume it's talking about the universal conceptions of Light or Sound. There's an issue in your understanding of what Type 3 Concepts actually are. Type 3 Concepts aren't just personal concepts, things which are specifically tied to one's existence. Type 3 Concepts are "lesser fundamental concepts." They're concepts that govern over a limited extent of a property, it's just that personal concepts are the most prevalent forms of Type 3 Concepts.

Unless we have evidence of the concepts in question being talked about as the universal properties of Light or Sound, we'd just assume it's discussing a limited extent of those properties. So it would just be Type 3 Conceptual Manipulation as it doesn't satisfy our requirements for Type 2.

I asked for examples, Gin, so that you can substantiate your claims. Just claiming it doesn't convince me immediately. It's not bad faith, it's just a practice in debating.
I literally gave you examples to which you've literally ignored but okay.
Mard Geer doesn't seem like a very good example as his Memento Mori seems to target specific individuals, which would be limited concepts.
It doesn't target individuals, the hit itself does but the actual target is the concepts. You seem to be ignoring what's accepted as Type 2 and using your own definition to be frank. Unless he's effecting universal concepts that have a direct effect on reality then it's considered as Type 3.
I am arguing that affecting the concept of light in general is Type 2 due to light being a universal, omnipresent object in reality that isn't limited in scope.
And he isn't effecting light on that scale either so your whole argument is moot. If I manipulate the concept of Gravity but I can't effect the universal reality of said concept then it's Type 3. Such as Eden Zero's Ziggy and Shiki, again you are ignoring the mechanics of how Type 2 and 3 work.
Reid's ability not permanently erasing light doesn't disqualify him.
It objectively does. Phoenks, Type 2 requires you to effect reality via manipulating these concepts. Reid never interacted with concepts that govern reality. He interacted with techniques that uses these concepts for offensive purposes, the user's of these concepts do not have conceptual manipulation that allows them to effect the scope of reality.

Stop running away from the question at hand. When Reid killed the concepts of light and sound did they go bye bye for reality? No.

I don't see where it's a requirement for Type 2 to universally affect reality. DT said as much in the post I provided.
I don't care what DT says since his words do not overwrite what's written on the pages. We use what's on the pages, not what DT thought from 2 years ago.
The bolded text quite is exactly my example. A personal concept, such as the concept of a particular person, which governs that person... What is your issue?
That's not the same thing as the example you gave at all. Guess your gonna ignore the "merely specific scale" in comparison to Type 2 being on a reality / universal scale. None of his statements have him effecting Sound and Light on a universal scale. It wasn't "Reid killed the concepts of sound and light for the universe" but rather he killed the sound and light being used being someone.

Nothing Reid's done is Type 2. Got a problem with it? Then make a CRT about what DT said years ago and have that accepted.

I like to support and argue in favor of characters and verses that I am a supporter of, but in this case there is no further argument to be had. I also feel a bit gross for having continued that. Especially using DT as any kind of "supporting" argument, considering I don't even agree with much of what he says on this wiki- like ever. Yeah, just forget that ever happened.

To quote myself from the previous thread

I agree with downgrading his conceptual manipulation to type 3 concepts.

I like to support and argue in favor of characters and verses that I am a supporter of, but in this case there is no further argument to be had. I also feel a bit gross for having continued that. Especially using DT as any kind of "supporting" argument, considering I don't even agree with much of what he says on this wiki- like ever. Yeah, just forget that ever happened.
It's fine to play Devil's Advocate especially whenever there's nobody arguing against it. I actually enjoyed that you at least had something to say and used your voice tbh.

What? No, it explicitly was concluded, which even included changing what was on the standards too, including this relevant bit for the purposes of this thread, so it'd totally matter here, standards being established years ago doesn't make them any less irrelevant to their current usage.

In any case we'd need mod input for CRT applications per site policy, but to dismiss precedents accepted by high ranking staff that have been applied since then is just inappropiate to say the least.

As said off-site, I'd advocate for a discussion rule on this matter as this keeps being proposed with the same sort of argument and debunk multiple times.

Last edited:

From what I understand, something like the "concept of light" qualifies as "light" isn't a local, limited to mind thing, rather, it's a concept that is universal throughout reality. So manipulating that concept is automatically Type 2.
Type 2 doesn't need to be universal in the sense it atleast affects an entire area, type 3 has just a singular effect on specific things or people
An example of type 2 is killing the concept of buildings in a planet or something to that effect type 3 is rather like "Killing the concept of you" and it affects only, changing or affecting nothing else. While type 2 is changing it affects everything else under it or rather affects other things in its area of influence

Last edited:
Alr so if a universal concept can be used in a limited range then it is still type 2 is what it seems to be and i also lean towards that as it makes way more logical sense to be what they are talking about

To quote myself from the previous thread
It's fine to play Devil's Advocate especially whenever there's nobody arguing against it. I actually enjoyed that you at least had something to say and used your voice tbh.
ces are talking about DT, but DT himself said, for example, that space-time concepts themselves are type 3 by default without further contexts.

If the only context is that the guy kills the concepts but they still exist in the world, then I agree with type 3.

If the only context is that the guy kills the concepts but they still exist in the world, then I agree with type 3.
Being stated to cut concepts & killing sound & light is already rated Type 3 on his page.

(Although, just a single chapter prior, another character on Reid's level kills the concept of sound, creating a temporary soundless phenomenon)
The following instant, as Emilia attempted to make her fingers reach the pillar, a tranquil heat wave grazed her feet.

――No, it was not tranquil. Sound had simply died at the hands of its exceeding might and heat. If it had killed the very concept of sound, it would be no enigma for it to have converted to a soundless phenomenon.

Emilia’s perception had detected the extinguishment of the ice warriors deployed across the First Floor.

The one which had lent its hands to aid Emilia’s jump, the four which had thrown ice spears in support, the two which had sprinted for supplementing sasumatas, disappeared at the same second.

And what accomplished this, had been neither Volcanica’s tail nor its forelimbs.

Volcanica: “――I, am Volcanica. In accordance with the ancient Covenant, I ask the will of thee who hath reached the summit.”

Indeed, the death wail of air being scorched could be heard from its mouth, which had never parted with its majesty.

With the arrival of another one of its reiterations into her ears as a start, Emilia comprehended the resuscitation of the killed concept of sound, while at the same time, her fingers reached for the surface of the top of the pillar. ― Arc 6 Chapter 84 "Heave-ho! Heave-ho!

Reid has Type 2 for his swordsmanship manifesting the Notion of the "Sword"- defined as "That which is brought forth for the purpose of slashing an object down"- through any object he holds, a holy sword, a rusty blade, an iron pipe, or even a wooden chopstick, it has the concept of the "Sword" manifested through it, which slashes down all objects in the world, bisecting the world itself.
Killing the very concept of sound and light, Reid’s flash cleaved space.

He would affirm. Should it be the stipulated sword or the chopsticks, regardless, come what may in that flash’s path, it would be slashed down.

For that was, the very manifestation of the notion of the 『Sword』.

The 『Sword』 was that which was brought forth for the purpose of slashing objects down.

And Sword Moves, was the term denoting the techniques for slashing objects down with that sword.

Henceforth, the flash which slashed down all objects in the world, was the culmination, and the long-cherished original desire, of the 『Sword』 and of the 『Sword Moves』.

Those slashed by it, would not forget the truth of having been slashed down for eternity.

Thus, the scar Julius Juukulius sustained beneath his left eye, shall not fade away for eternity.

That was the indemnification for having dodged the Sword Saint’s flash, from a distance near enough to graze past.
Within all of this, Reid using a weapon aside from chopsticks―― though referring to chopsticks as a weapon had exceeding room for doubt, anyhow, him swinging something aside from chopsticks, this would be the first.

And in these moments, with the pinnacle of the sword, the Sword Saint having wholly gripped the sword, he thought.

Julius: “The power of your sword has not changed, compared to the time you were using chopsticks…!

Reid: “Liiike I just said, damnit. The reason I’m strong ain’t ‘cause I swing the sword. The only reason I’m strong, is just ‘cause I’m strong.”
Against Julius, who had gambled and unveiled the secret ritual, Reid Astrea’s actions were terribly simple.

To swing down the sword he had swung up, a deed of sword strikes likely repeated the most in this world―― it obliquely bisected the world, becoming a light which wrecked all in its path to ruin.

Neither a special magic, nor a special move.

With a mere swing of the sword, the world was scorched by light. Impossible to understand.
With a swing of the sword, the world fissured.

That, was the special move of the Sword Saint which transpired when Reinhard swung the sword as well.

Back