• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Boa Hancock VS Gunvolt

Against the pacifista it was Diable jambe + Asura + Geard Third Gigantic Rifle which finally took it down for good (Not even accounting for all the other strawhats team attacks) and Gear third rifle is far stronger than the gigantic pistol he used on Lucci which is far stronger than his gear second state. so Hancock taking two down with her kicks puts her far above the feat which she scales too.

Okay. Gunvolt dosn't entirely have the AP advantage, at least not bt 2.5x.

Gunvolt has enough stamina to withstand losing a limb, and probably would keep fighting after that. As long as he has one arm, he can still tag and use flashfield for consistant damage. Even with no arms, he can still use his Septima. Not to mention, blocking is a last resort. Astrasphere, Crashbolt, and things like that are much more likely solutions. So long as Gunvolt forces a long ranged game, he can probably win.

Has anyone ever dodged Slave Arrow?

No one has ever dodged slave arrow, maybe we might see it happen soon if they send an admiral like Fujitora after her who can control gravity but so far no one has.

Hancock when using her physical strikes so far has aimed for the head every time so unless gunvolt blocks with his arms he's likely going to get OHKO due to a strike to the head.

Well heck. Still, maybe Gunvolt would be far enough away to break out before Boa reaches him. Is there anything to use as cover in Hancock's throne room?

Gunvolt is a master martial artist. He'll definately be able to block.

Are the Slave Arrows physical?

Well, this point is a bit inconsistent, but Gunvolt may be able to use Flashfield to guard against this Danmaku, though, I'm fairly confident he is able to dodge it with difficulty. Plus, if he does get Petrified, yes, he's vulnerable, but can't he just break out? I don't see how turning people to stone makes them any less durable. Just because Boa can crack the stone, to me, doesn't really prove anything? Are the victims of her Petrification weaker than her? Because I think the only reason why the stone cracks is because stone is brittle and stays tough, while kicking a human only results in them flying away because they actually give way, unlike stone.

I think Pacifistas are stronger than her, and she used her Petrification on them. Her petrification also ignores conventional durability.

As well, saying that "no one has dodged Slave Arrow", might just be NLF if I recall the definition right, if Gunvolt can dodge Asimov, Merak, Desna, Ghauri, Gibril, Teseo, Viper, Asroc (though, not really since it didn't happen in story, but he is shown that he can), Zonda (my goodness, Zonda) and to an extent, Nova's Danmaku (kinda), I don't see how he can't do the same if it's just a storm of arrows with a predictable trajectory (unlike Viper's, which circles as they fly out.)

I did some quick reading:

Boa apparently toyed with Pacifistas.

Pacifistas apparently are equal to Luffy

Luffy was bodied by some fat dude with an axe apparently, who is stronger than Pacifistas

Boa toyed with the fat dude too apparently.

Conclusion: she's stronger than Pacifistas. Definitely.

Did you read the chapter of just read some wiki definition? Luffy isn't stronger than the pacifista at least not pre-timeskip. It took him and the rest of the crew using their strongest attacks just to take one down.

Hancock took two down with her kicks cracking then easily, she turns then to stone as that's what her ability is and their durability is changed to that of weak stone as Sandersonia was threatening to drop Margaret's statue destroying him; so yes it lowers their durability.

I was asked if anyone has dodged slave arrow so no it's not NlF since no one has.

Now. from what i have gathered, I'm going to make an argument.

For one, GV has definitely had a lot of experience dodging Danmaku, a ton. Slave Arrow may work a couple times (not sure, GV may be able to dodge all together), since a Danmaku is still a Danmaku. From this, she will definitely get a few solid hits in. IF she can consistently hit these attacks through S. Arrow or Melee Attacks (I'm assuming she has the capability to deal with range and close the distance), she might be able to get a win. Her CQC is definitely going to be an edge if she gets close, and knows when to back out (that is, if she knows Gunvolt's sudden Astrasphere and Anti-CQC comes in)

However, Gunvolt again, will be able to dodge the S.Arrows with Danmaku experience. Thus, Boa should be able to do something else instead of just spamming S.Arrows which GV will eventually get the hang of dodging. The bad news is that GV has a LOT of Anti-Range and a Danmaku of his own in Voltaic Chains. Astrasphere is basically one giant orb of "Fek everything near me". And Boa is going to have to deal with Gunvolt's Galvanic Renewal, reseting all of her progress. Septimal Shield will half the damage he takes, Septimal Surges doubles it. If Boa gets tagged, which is especially easy with Orochi's Danmakuish capabilities, the Flashfield is gonna be doing hefty damage.

Gunvolt, Mid Difficulty, Boa is dangerous, but not something as bad as what he has already faced, specially after he fought Elise

Saying that no one has dodged the slave arrow so no one outside of verse can dodge is NLF by default

I... really doubt that one kick is going to just, break an entire arm off. I also don't see how like...it lowers durability. There's nothing really proving that it's the case, and Boa might just be that much stronger

Yeah, I'm gonna say that GV has this one, but totally get if people think that Boa can win too

Especially if Flashfield can block these arrows

Hancock has observation haki for what's it's worth. It clearly does turn their opponent via the fact Margaret would shatter to piece if she was dropped to the ground; that wouldn't happen normally, Luffy treated her and the other girls incredibly fragile as if they could easily break when they were stone.

There isn't any evidence to suggest people's durabilities are the same after being petrified so it's a moot point, when gunvolt gets hit he will be petrified and in CQC he will lose limbs and his head if he doesn't block.

Gunvolt WILL block, given his martial arts experience. He has no reason not to. And Gunvolt is perfectly capable of functioning with one arm. He's endured the equivilant pain of his body breaking apart when he fought Zonda, he should be able to stand losing an arm if he absolutely has to.

Eminiteable said:
Schnee One said:
Saying that no one has dodged the slave arrow so no one outside of verse can dodge is NLF by default
I never said that though.
"I was asked if anyone has dodged slave arrow so no it's not NLF since no one has."

This is what you said

Yeah in verse no one has, which is true as no one has dodged them... Nothing in that statement implies I was saying no one outside the verse can, the question was about in verse.

Even if Gunvolt for some reason gets one shot by a stone to arrow combo, he still has defense options that would let him get out of the attack. Flashfield is one of them, and if he has to, he can use other methods of defense, like Ammi Annulus, Chargeguard Pendant, heck, even his special skills that can most likely block the arrows

Can he remain conscious when petrified? Hancock's victims don't notice the effects at all.

Which means her Awakening wasn't the cause of Dr. Stone's plot now that I think about it

In game, if you don't actively mash buttons, petrificaiton lasts forever. Meaning you need to actively, physically resist.

The Smashor said:
In game, if you don't actively mash buttons, petrificaiton lasts forever. Meaning you need to actively, physically resist.
I remember that. Petrification was a pain when fighting Elise lol

What does GV's resistance to petrification being something you have to actively and physically resist mean for this battle?

That he can think and somewhat move while petrified, and break out of it, I guess. It's nothing more than shaking a bit.

I still think Hancock's got this with precog + attack reading to prevent taking hits + the slave arrow and Perfume Femur combo. For regular potency in terms of AP she can combat from range with pistol kiss.

Back