• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

6-C Tournament "Journey Through Ride of Mystery and Supernatural Power" Round1 - Match 6: Gunvolt vs Rex Salazar

ALTERNATIVE TITLE: THE MYSTERIOUS FUTURE FOR HUMANITY THAT AWAIT US....

Around the central Asia and East Europe, a country known from it's wisdom of histories, where the almighty city Constantinople stands, the cause of the Crusade Wars and fall of Rome, the name is Turkey
Now as the battles across the earth rage on, a two odd combatants are now going to fight each others, they are powered up by some of technologies that yet to be discovered in this era, the mytery of the cybernetical technology
Now the confrontation between them raised something.....what future that going to await us? The technologies and cyber world of interner has grew so fast from recent years to years, however at the same time....the humanity moraliy and mindsets has been downgraded as well......the boundary between good and bad has cracked so much, the so called "cancel culture" has become part of humanity, the meaning of freedom has lost it's power, war everywhere, and so on...
Do these mysterious futuristict power that being owned by these two are worth for the humanity? Would these powers would save and bring the humanity to the better place....or they'll destroyed themselves by using these powers for the atrocity and chaos....that even God are ashamed by it's creation.....it's up to you to decide...

• Post-Omega 1 Nanite Rex and Heightened Emotion ASG2 Gunvolt are used
  • Joule's Anthem and Prevasion are disabled
  • Speed are equalized
  • Both are in-characters
  • Stage 1: Inside of Train in Mammaray Tunnel
  • tunnel-the-underground-railway-in-istanbul-turkey-picture-id910340578
  • Stage 2: Central City of Istanbul
  • images
  • Stage 3: Inside a bus to Ankara City
  • images
  • Final Stage: Road to Gaziantep Province
  • images
  • Starting Range: 10 Meters
  • Win via anything!!
  • Azure Striker Gunvolt: 7 (Twig, Xmark, Dragoon, Psychomaster, Nepsy, Nierre, Myself)
  • Generator Rex Salazar: 2 (Demonic, Jag)
  • Inconclusive: 0

Rex.Salazar.600.542517.jpg

VS
images

• GRAND BATTLE THEME 1 (TRAIN BATTLE): HEART OF SURGING FLAME

• GRAND BATTLE THEME 2 (ISTANBUL ~ BUS CHASE ~ ANKARA CAPITAL): MEGANEKO CYBERGRIND

• FINAL THEME PHASE 1 (ROAD TO GAZIANTEP): DUST

• FINAL THEME PHASE 2 (GAZIANTEP PROVINCE): INDIGO DESTINY

Last edited:
Rex is known to find underground locations all the time as it's on his profile him facing people in 3 vs 1 situation is nothing new, The Regen of Gunvolt is going to be countered with Rex's dura neg, Rex has mobility advantage via his flight.
Along with superior LS, When it comes to skill Rex is professionally trained by Providence military agency and by Agent Six, facing Large size Type 2 is his job on daily basis.

Rex's machines and him defeating monsters on daily basis can be seen below, while if his machines hit something that's far greater in durability then they might break as they are machines but he can just form them again

It just all depends upon if Gunvolt can fight against a military trained Rex and counter his mobility, I'll wait for the input from the other side.

Rex is known to find underground locations all the time as it's on his profile him facing people in 3 vs 1 situation is nothing new, The Regen of Gunvolt is going to be countered with Rex's dura neg, Rex has mobility advantage via his flight.
Along with superior LS, When it comes to skill Rex is professionally trained by Providence military agency and by Agent Six, facing Large size Type 2 is his job on daily basis.

Rex's machines and him defeating monsters on daily basis can be seen below, while if his machines hit something that's far greater in durability then they might break as they are machines but he can just form them again

It just all depends upon if Gunvolt can fight against a military trained Rex and counter his mobility, I'll wait for the input from the other side.

He can just dodge that

Gunvolt shoots him to death

The GV Supporter is here. I will respond tomorrow in the morning.

But I feel like I must explain something VERY important

Prevasion is Disabled, BUT I should explain why it's disabled, since every time he's in a VS Match (such as against Diavolo) everyone misunderstands his abilities and downplay him, so here I go. Prevasion is an automatic intangibility defense that turns GV into electrons. It costs part of a resource called EP, the same resource as his Flashfield each time its used to evade an attack, hence "Pre"vasion. By default, he's practically unhittable. As for EP, that resource is rechargable, either on its own, or manually by Gunvolt himself. If he chooses the latter, all of his EP is instantly restored to its absolute max. Combine this with Prevasion, and Gunvolt can stall out anyone if he really wanted to. In character however, Gunvolt does not rely on Prevasion and actively tries to dodge attacks, but would also want to make sure that his EP is topped. Prevasion is disabled when Gunvolt uses his Flashfield, his main attack. When he is out of EP, he goes into Overheat state, for a second or two, he becomes vulnerable and cannot use his Flashfield or Prevasion, making him vulnerable to any normal attack. However, in character, Gunvolt tries to keep his EP at full at all times via instant recharge and Split Second if needed, the both being spammable

Is this a Copy pasta now? Yes. And it's mandatory.

Durability Negation is a big problem. I can see this going pretty bad for GV. However, GV doesn't have weaker LS, he actually does have Class G (H. Emotions = Anthem for the scaling) for lifting giant aircraft, likely more advanced and larger than the aircraft Rex has thrown. Unfortunately I haven't calculated it yet, sorry about that.

Gunvolt's military training is very high up there. He's been training under QUILL ever since he was a child, fighting against Sumeragi which has far more firepower since it basically controls the entire country, he can definitely keep up.

GV also has the experience to dodge underground attacks such as from Desna, and other attacks that completely blindside him such as Merak's portals. And like Rex, he has been in a 3v1 situation before.

As for dealing with flight, at least a solid 30-50% of Gunvolt bosses straight up just fly, including Copen and his Bullit Dashing, which overall outpaces GV and bounces around at some crazy angles sometimes. Flight from this guy with giant robot hands would be something he can handle, especially when Merak also has giant robot hands.
He also has access to air jumping and dashing and hovering and wall jumping to keep up, useful in an urban setting to keep up with Rex's mobility, the mobility advantage is not that big. One tag to the Pack and that thing should be hacked and electromagnetically disabled

It seems like Rex is a Brawler, while GV is a Marksman, I get its 10 Meters, but the range Advantage is apparent

Also, Gunvolt has magnetism manipulation, Rex has metal arms, kinda the big sucky right there

So long as he doesn't get one shot, Gunvolt also has access to some broken healing, like, full healing. In gameplay he cant spam this, but it could be implied that he actually can use it multiple times in a relatively short period of time.

GV also has access to the Flashfield. Simply put, every time Rex tries to punch him or get in Range, he's gonna recieve a solid dose of shocking pain. In addition to GV shooting him, if Rex blocks, he gets tagged and GV's big dose of damage would shred through his health.

If Rex likes to spam underground attacks, GV is very good at pattern countering, he'll figure him out and Rex would have to try something different. Especially when GV hits him with a Luxcalibur that would deal some really serious damage (like half HP deletion) if he does the same thing multiple times

AP disparity isn't too big considering Septimal Surge and Shield closing that gap to nothing. And then Astra, Lux, and Voltaic being far beyond just his standard attacks also closing or exceeding that gap.

Also, saw the video. That hulking thing is going to be VERY hard to hit against GV who does have solid mobility options. I don't think Rex is stupid enough to use it when he understands how mobile GV is, especially if he's a military trained person

Last edited:
I want to comment but I literally can´t find Gunvolt´s AP

Because Rex getting shocked by weakers attacks can just give him a new nanite that can counter it with reactive evolution,

I want to comment but I literally can´t find Gunvolt´s AP

Because Rex getting shocked by weakers attacks can just give him a new nanite that can counter it with reactive evolution,
That's our bad. Basically 12 Gigatons.

Septimal Surge doubles that, Offensive Skills like Astrasphere exceed it significantly

Oh wait reactive huh... actually... sorry but Azure Strikers go through Resistances, even tech specifically designed to not let Septima disable it, and even resists it still gets bypassed

Side nite but damn Rex is cool as ****

Rex LS breaches almost into Class T so he does have the advantage and since Gunvolt is a machine/weapon user Rex can shut them off via manipulating the molecules which is his gimmick as seen in the video,

His Block Party can make dome sized forcefields for protection, which both protect and reflect energy attacks.
how strong are said forcefields?
5 times more then himself,
He took punches from the giant fused Robot at the end of the show, The individual members of the Consortium are relative to him

...Gunvolt is absolutely NOT a machine weapon user.

Everything is powered by his Septima, even his gun (literally the only weapon you can claim he relies on) is powered by it, mentioned in the Notables section (guys I worked very hard on it you just gotta read it man)

But fair on the LS part

His Block Party can make dome sized forcefields for protection, which both protect and reflect energy attacks.

5 times more then himself,
He took punches from the giant fused Robot at the end of the show, The individual members of the Consortium are relative to him
F-five times... bruh this stone wall... I mean I can try to keep arguing but like bruh

Wait isn't this Pre Omega, and Block Party is post?

That's our bad. Basically 12 Gigatons.

Septimal Surge doubles that, Offensive Skills like Astrasphere exceed it significantly

Oh wait reactive huh... actually... sorry but Azure Strikers go through Resistances, even tech specifically designed to not let Septima disable it, and even resists it still gets bypassed

Side nite but damn Rex is cool as ****
Then for me, Rex is literally a boss fight for Gunvolt

This is like Megaman, Gunvolt has faced absurds opponents, has defeated countless robots and soldiers, Gunvolt forcefield can stop Rex proyectiles(except energy ones), can deduce weakness of enemies like Elise that can resurrect herself or how Zonda ilusions worked in the first game, not counting that if Gunvolt is at low health, he could just heal itself
Wait isn't this Pre Omega, and Block Party is post?
Pre omega? Then Rex can´t do anything against the forcefield at range

Then for me, Rex is literally a boss fight for Gunvolt

This is like Megaman, Gunvolt has faced absurds opponents, has defeated countless robots and soldiers, Gunvolt forcefield can stop Rex proyectiles(except energy ones), can deduce weakness of enemies like Elise that can resurrect herself or how Zonda ilusions worked in the first game, not counting that if Gunvolt is at low health, he could just heal itself
I mean... yeah... inti creates is made of ex-capcom people, inafune is working wit the right now
Pre omega? Then Rex can´t do anything against the forcefield at range
I mean like, Rex can't use Block Party if that's the case

As for further points, even if GV gets caught by a Class T, one Astrasphere and Rex is just gonna be in some real pain, along with magnetism manip, it should help Rex get the eff off

I mean... yeah... inti creates is made of ex-capcom people, inafune is working wit the right now

I mean like, Rex can't use Block Party if that's the case
only post omega has energy base attacks to at least surpass the forcefield at range
I know that, just saying that Rex has nothing that other bosses can offer, Gunvolt would just use standart tactics to win

Rex isn't going to get tagged by blocking, If his field hits the arm rex will not be feeling the effects of the pain since he can wrap himself in a forcefield bubble.

His second key Post Omega in which he has RE.
Oh, ebic, so he's not Adapting to GVs stuff.

Along with all of the other crap I'm arguing with, GV has a variety of Bolts that will definitely let him get a tag on him, he basically had a Danmaku bolt, an automatic fire machine gun bolt, Homing, redirecting

Blocking makes this worse. The more tags, the more DPS GV chips away at him

Wait a minute...

GV can disable forcefields with his Flashfield. He's done it with the Muse, which shields the wielder from all of GVs attacks, and this one is machine based

Copen's Forcefield, which is also machine based, gets bypassed by GV's Flashfield

Also, aren't forcefields POST Omega? Not Pre, which is what we are using?

His second key Post Omega in which he has RE.
Yes, which then just negate the only win condition I though for Rex, being able to tank enought to then be inmune to Gunvolt´s lightning/electricity attacks
Rex isn't going to get tagged by blocking, If his field hits the arm rex will not be feeling the effects of the pain since he can wrap himself in a forcefield bubble.
I only see forcefield post omega, unless that forcefield you are talking is tied to his attack reflection

idk bro

I'm just following the OP
If I lose Prevasion you lose Brickwall Forcefields it's only fair
I saw the tournament participants and I am seeing a lot of them being able to defeat Gunvolt even with prevasion

Like, I am even seeing conceptual manipulation, tell me how broken is that compared to intangibility

I saw the tournament participants and I am seeing a lot of them being able to defeat Gunvolt even with prevasion

Like, I am even seeing conceptual manipulation, tell me how broken is that compared to intangibility
I heard that NPI depends on feats and stuff. But Gil exists. How does he exist.

Oh right, ANOTHER win condition GV has is stamina. He's been fighting extraordinary enemies back to back for an entire night, some stronger than him, and he's STILL going. He did it, TWICE. With Rex's more linear moveset, GV can just... run, use wall jumping, air hopping, air dashing, running on wires, hovering, to tire Rex, a Brawler primarily, while pelting him with shots, and leaving Dragonsphere in his path for Rex to deal with... and Full Healing

GV can just... run, use wall jumping, air hopping, air dashing, running on wires, hovering, to tire Rex, a Brawler primarily, while pelting him with shots, and leaving Dragonsphere in his path for Rex to deal with
Rex can surface climb as well and make high speed energy bike to keep up with RE to back him up he should be able to close the gap and negate the durability for the win, He can a dozens of weapons listed on his profile to launch Projectile attack at the enemy while constantly flying with his jetpack

Sorry I need to sleep

I'll be posting a summary of all of GV's methods to win, his counters to Rex's assets, etc. When I get back, hopefully you guys don't blast me with walls of messages when I wake up

In the meantime,

Smashor can probably take over for me

Rex can surface climb as well and make high speed energy bike to keep up with RE to back him up he should be able to close the gap and negate the durability for the win, He can a dozens of weapons listed on his profile to launch Projectile attack at the enemy while constantly flying with his jetpack
Dawg I thought we using Pre-

Vex eeee clarify this plz?

Eh whatever tomorrow, let's rest and see what version we use later

Sorry demonic I said I was going to sleep but I can't sleep well without addressing this in fear that I will get FRA trained in my sleep

Okay, projectiles are a no go due to Flashfield, unless he sticks with Energy blasts, which I assume are linear of some fashion, and GV's mobility options which I have listed before should let him deal with it. If he does get hit... Heal, Septimal Shield, it'll be fine

Again, I have already addressed Flight not being something GV would need to worry about due to his mobility and experience with at least 30 to 50% of flying boss enemies, he can just shoot the pack with one of his various Dart types that move in different ways, and then it's all good

Motor bike is the same. He can just use Technos, hit the wheels, Rex falls to the ground.

That dura negate sword is very slow and telegraphed, GV can definitely dodge. I understand it's not the same thing, but Jota's SP Skill dura negates too by guaranteeing GV should get slashed in half, and GV just took normal damage. It may just happen again here and GV takes normal damage. I don't think that giant sword is gonna get him

As for forcefields, I've already addressed how GV can disable it, or with DPS, just break it eventually

Rex seems to have the whole MCU Iron man thing going on, shape and weapon creation, but GV's versatility and experience against a variety of foes that cover Rex's resume multiple times over is just... very good against Rex's straightforward style of just trying to hit the opponent with a direct attack (albeit practical, just a bit too straightforward)

Back