• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

6-C Tournament "Journey Through Ride of Mystery and Supernatural Power" Round1 - Match 6: Gunvolt vs Rex Salazar

ALTERNATIVE TITLE: THE MYSTERIOUS FUTURE FOR HUMANITY THAT AWAIT US....

Around the central Asia and East Europe, a country known from it's wisdom of histories, where the almighty city Constantinople stands, the cause of the Crusade Wars and fall of Rome, the name is Turkey
Now as the battles across the earth rage on, a two odd combatants are now going to fight each others, they are powered up by some of technologies that yet to be discovered in this era, the mytery of the cybernetical technology
Now the confrontation between them raised something.....what future that going to await us? The technologies and cyber world of interner has grew so fast from recent years to years, however at the same time....the humanity moraliy and mindsets has been downgraded as well......the boundary between good and bad has cracked so much, the so called "cancel culture" has become part of humanity, the meaning of freedom has lost it's power, war everywhere, and so on...
Do these mysterious futuristict power that being owned by these two are worth for the humanity? Would these powers would save and bring the humanity to the better place....or they'll destroyed themselves by using these powers for the atrocity and chaos....that even God are ashamed by it's creation.....it's up to you to decide...

• Post-Omega 1 Nanite Rex and Heightened Emotion ASG2 Gunvolt are used
  • Joule's Anthem and Prevasion are disabled
  • Speed are equalized
  • Both are in-characters
  • Stage 1: Inside of Train in Mammaray Tunnel
  • tunnel-the-underground-railway-in-istanbul-turkey-picture-id910340578
  • Stage 2: Central City of Istanbul
  • images
  • Stage 3: Inside a bus to Ankara City
  • images
  • Final Stage: Road to Gaziantep Province
  • images
  • Starting Range: 10 Meters
  • Win via anything!!
  • Azure Striker Gunvolt: 7 (Twig, Xmark, Dragoon, Psychomaster, Nepsy, Nierre, Myself)
  • Generator Rex Salazar: 2 (Demonic, Jag)
  • Inconclusive: 0

Rex.Salazar.600.542517.jpg

VS
images

• GRAND BATTLE THEME 1 (TRAIN BATTLE): HEART OF SURGING FLAME

• GRAND BATTLE THEME 2 (ISTANBUL ~ BUS CHASE ~ ANKARA CAPITAL): MEGANEKO CYBERGRIND

• FINAL THEME PHASE 1 (ROAD TO GAZIANTEP): DUST

• FINAL THEME PHASE 2 (GAZIANTEP PROVINCE): INDIGO DESTINY

Last edited:
Okay just shoot it with pretty much any bolt lol, redirection, automatic, Homing, danmaku... yeah

And again, GV could get past the forcefields as I explained above

Last edited:
The OP says Pre-Omega 1.

Pre-Omega 1?

Then Rex's bread and butter here will be his dura negging sword and his reactive evolution Nanites. Both of which pose a massive problem from what I'm reading so far. WOG states his Nanites can even react and evolve to the plethora or aliens and powers within the Omnitrix for versatility.

I heard that NPI depends on feats and stuff. But Gil exists. How does he exist.

Oh right, ANOTHER win condition GV has is stamina. He's been fighting extraordinary enemies back to back for an entire night, some stronger than him, and he's STILL going. He did it, TWICE. With Rex's more linear moveset, GV can just... run, use wall jumping, air hopping, air dashing, running on wires, hovering, to tire Rex, a Brawler primarily, while pelting him with shots, and leaving Dragonsphere in his path for Rex to deal with... and Full Healing
During the episode "Plague" Rex was fighting EVO's for an entire day while also having some mutant viral infection be knocked aside from his Nanites. This includes him fighting against White Knight's robot which was supposedly "Made to fight him" so the stamina gap isn't too massive here for him to easily abuse it in Rex's expense.

Also Rex, while primarily a brawler can easily switch his fighting style if he notices anything wrong. He's indeed a Martial Artist when situation calls for it and also a quick thinker in situations, one of his biggest examples being in his battles against the Consortium and also The Pack.

So i guess Post-Omega 1 Nanite Rex is the correct one that should be used?

Oh nvm its post-omega.

I'm seeing good arguments for him dealing with Rex's forcefields but not so much his reactive evolution.
That's our bad. Basically 12 Gigatons.

Septimal Surge doubles that, Offensive Skills like Astrasphere exceed it significantly

Oh wait reactive huh... actually... sorry but Azure Strikers go through Resistances, even tech specifically designed to not let Septima disable it, and even resists it still gets bypassed

Side nite but damn Rex is cool as ****

See the thing about this is that the same argument could be made for Rex's Nanites. The Omnitrix should resist technopathic inferface with its various failsafes and whatnot but when it came to Rex and Alpha Nanite it didn't even apply to either of them. And that's not even his reactive evolution either, it's only his technopathy. His reactive evolution is much worse, naturally.

Even Breach, an EVO who can tear apart space and reality within her own pocket dimension, Rex's Nanites was capable of creating a counter for something like /that/ and gave Rex his dimensional precog stuff.

Oh nvm its post-omega.

I'm seeing good arguments for him dealing with Rex's forcefields but not so much his reactive evolution.

See the thing about this is that the same argument could be made for Rex's Nanites. The Omnitrix should resist technopathic inferface with its various failsafes and whatnot but when it came to Rex and Alpha Nanite it didn't even apply to either of them. And that's not even his reactive evolution either, it's only his technopathy. His reactive evolution is much worse, naturally.

Even Breach, an EVO who can tear apart space and reality within her own pocket dimension, Rex's Nanites was capable of creating a counter for something like /that/ and gave Rex his dimensional precog stuff.
How do you think they will react to Gunvolts attacks who can do this
Blocking makes this worse. The more tags, the more DPS GV chips away at him

Wait a minute...

GV can disable forcefields with his Dixie comet

Copen's Forcefield, which is also machine based, gets bypassed by GV's Flashfield
Also can you adress this
As for forcefields, I've already addressed how GV can disable it, or with DPS, just break it eventually

I only see forcefield post omega, unless that forcefield you are talking is tied to his attack reflection
He can. Redirect attack using his sword or by making a forcefield he can do it both ways both from a distance or in close quarter combat Attack reflection isn't tied to shield.

How do you think they will react to Gunvolts attacks who can do this

Also can you adress this

He can. Redirect attack using his sword or by making a forcefield he can do it both ways both from a distance or in close quarter combat Attack reflection isn't tied to shield.

His Smack Hands can also redirect attacks as well.

Oh, ebic, so he's not Adapting to GVs stuff.

Along with all of the other crap I'm arguing with, GV has a variety of Bolts that will definitely let him get a tag on him, he basically had a Danmaku bolt, an automatic fire machine gun bolt, Homing, redirecting

Blocking makes this worse. The more tags, the more DPS GV chips away at him

Wait a minute...

GV can disable forcefields with his Flashfield. He's done it with the Muse, which shields the wielder from all of GVs attacks, and this one is machine based

Copen's Forcefield, which is also machine based, gets bypassed by GV's Flashfield

Also, aren't forcefields POST Omega? Not Pre, which is what we are using?

Rex's Block Party is powered by both gravity (For the actual build itself) and Highly charged atoms (For the energy shields) so this depends on context. Can it deactivate gravity itself?

Rex LS breaches almost into Class T so he does have the advantage and since Gunvolt is a machine/weapon user Rex can shut them off via manipulating the molecules which is his gimmick as seen in the video,

His Block Party can make dome sized forcefields for protection, which both protect and reflect energy attacks.

5 times more then himself,
He took punches from the giant fused Robot at the end of the show, The individual members of the Consortium are relative to him

His Block Party can tank hits from the Consortium, Humungasaur, and the fused Consortium for physical attacks. Energy attacks it seems to neg everything.

It even contained a gravitational sphere of pure Tachyon particles so.....

As for the 5x thing.

The Consortium have a combined form (Each one of them individually are relative to Rex himself) and Rex's Block Party was able to withstand the fusion's assault on him.

Tournament rules:
AP Limit: From above 5+ ~ 10 GT to 65 GT
if it's 65 then still can Block with his shield it just happens that he was against 5 people that put his maximum output of dura that 116 gigatons, whatever is the max AP of Gunvolt it will still be under 65 GT so Rex will tank with ease.

Dammit guys I said I was going to sleep and don't hit me with a giant train of text/FRA now look

Also GV is getting as low as 6 Gigatons soon, so a 5x 24 is a crazy thing overcome. I'll try to argue since I need to represent tho. It's a 20x difference but I gotta fight. It's not like I get a notable loss if I lose since it's a 20 Times diff

Last edited:
During the episode "Plague" Rex was fighting EVO's for an entire day while also having some mutant viral infection be knocked aside from his Nanites. This includes him fighting against White Knight's robot which was supposedly "Made to fight him" so the stamina gap isn't too massive here for him to easily abuse it in Rex's expense.

Also Rex, while primarily a brawler can easily switch his fighting style if he notices anything wrong. He's indeed a Martial Artist when situation calls for it and also a quick thinker in situations, one of his biggest examples being in his battles against the Consortium and also The Pack.
Okie dokie. So when Rex sees that GV is absolutely not getting hit by the Dura Negging swords due to fighting foes that are far more complex in attack patterns (along with all the other shit that I have been posting above), he will definitely start going Ranged. But if he starts going Ranged with no more one shot sword, GV will just.. heal until Rex tires out. Even if Stamina was even, healing wounds absolutely helps in this department

Can I have an explanation for his RE btw? If it's just Resistances, then it's not working since GV goes through Resistances, even when Copen used his more powerful dad's blood to make Armor that would supposedly resist it.
If it's the kind of RE where the protagonist of a weekly shoe comes up with a form that specifically is supposed to fight one guy, like making the Dura negate sword Ranged and homing... then bruh
His Smack Hands can also redirect attacks as well.
How Homing attacks work would kind of make this not work (Homing attacks are GV's main thing due to tagging). If you knock away a ball that homes into you, it'll just come back, again, and again, and aain
Rex's Block Party is powered by both gravity (For the actual build itself) and Highly charged atoms (For the energy shields) so this depends on context. Can it deactivate gravity itself?
There is a certain scan that I thought would never be applicable, but based on it. Probably yes. Sumeragi has possible access to Gravity Manip, and there is tech that uses black holes to power itself

So while I personally don't think it matters what it is powered by since it's tech at the end of the day, there is even more evidence that GV can do it. In LAiX, Copen can retrieve Gravity Septima, and GV... well he's dead in that game, but Blade, who has GV's totally not midi-chlorians does, and she's powering through just fine ....

Also I'm gonna repeat this again. Full Healing. Magnetism Manip. Experienced with foes way more complex and have far more to offer than Rex does.

Last edited:
Compiling all of the things GV has that I think give him the edge or cancel out Rex's stuff (This is all dependent if he can get past the BS stone wall 20x Durability stomp)

Advantages
  • Magnetism and Hacking overall screws up Rex's stuff, or anything he tries to pull out, including Forcefields. This means no matter what machine Rex makes, GV can negate its resistance to his Septima and disable the machine
  • Marksman Style with a million different trajectories of automatic fire bolts that can be danmaku, redirecting, or homing, etc absolutely give Rex a hard time trying to close in, and if Rex also goes range, well... he's just fighting a losing battle
  • If Rex gets close, a shock from a Flashfield, Astrasphere, Dragonsphere, Crashbolt, pick one
  • Rex's sword is absolutely too big and will definitely not hit if Rex attacks directly with it.
  • GV's mobility is also a bit crazy in an urban setting like this, combined with him easily able to deal with Rex's mobility options.
  • Full. Healing. That's theoretically spammable.
  • All projectiles, except energy ones, get negged by Flashfield, which limits Rex's options by a LOT. Either he goes for a direct melee attack with is bound to just... not hit, or go range and get whittled down as GV heals
  • Rex has a limited, linear style which GV definitely counters with his experience against foes with much more complex attack patterns, not to mention, Rex will be getting shocked constantly, the entire time as he tries to hit GV if so much as one of the automatic machine gun fire, homing, danmaku, redirection bouncing bolts touches him. He will get hit. He will be in pain the entire time. Landing a hit with that big sword will be just.... very difficult like that
  • Redirection of attacks is a no go, homing attacks would just send itself right back him ad infintum as soon as it gets reflected.

Cancels out
  • Lifting Strength, GV just doesn't got it man. But if he's gonna get grappled by Rex's Machines, he can hack or magnetism them to just get them off him. As well, GV may also have a Class G feat.
  • Military Training should at least be even, GV's been doing this as a child against a conglomerate far more powerful than the organization he works for (like, AVALANCHE vs Shinra levels of difference)
  • GV has fought in 3v1 situations before,
  • Can get past shielding by hacking up and screwing Rex's Gear with Flashfield.
  • None of his gear gets rekted by Rex, since it's all technology powered his Septima, there's no inner workings really.
  • Flight is no problem, at least a solid 30-50% of Gunvolt bosses straight up just fly, including Copen and his Bullit Dashing, which overall outpaces GV and bounces around at some crazy angles sometimes. Flight from this guy with giant robot hands would be something he can handle, especially when Merak also has giant robot hands.
  • Underground attacks are no problem, GV's fought enemies that use attacks which would blindside any person, such as Merak's portals, Desna's underground attacks, Gibril, etc.
  • Stamina, both have "all day" feats. GV can heal, making this easier for him.
  • Bypasses any form of electricity resistance, even resistances created by using his own Septima as data. That is as "Anti-Gunvolt" as one could get

What he TECHNICALLY doesn't have a thing for
- Technically, if he gets hit by the sword, he might die, but considering he's been hit with a giant sword that splits you in half, like really splits you in half before and took normal damage, he might live

Last edited:
I don't think this list is complete, but I'll add to it as this match goes on. Again, if GV can't get past the forcefields... well... I mean stonewall bruh.

If Rex can hit GV (assuming he can get past all of his defenses), but GV can't hit Rex... well it's obvious who wins

Okie dokie. So when Rex sees that GV is absolutely not getting hit by the Dura Negging swords due to fighting foes that are far more complex in attack patterns (along with all the other shit that I have been posting above), he will definitely start going Ranged. But if he starts going Ranged with no more one shot sword, GV will just.. heal until Rex tires out. Even if Stamina was even, healing wounds absolutely helps in this department
Fair enough on the healing.
Can I have an explanation for his RE btw? If it's just Resistances, then it's not working since GV goes through Resistances, even when Copen used his more powerful dad's blood to make Armor that would supposedly resist it.
If it's the kind of RE where the protagonist of a weekly shoe comes up with a form that specifically is supposed to fight one guy, like making the Dura negate sword Ranged and homing... then bruh
Rex's Nanites can create new machines or new abilities in general if Rex is faced with something he can't deal with using his existing powers.

His block party was actually the first example of this against Quarry's molecular destabilizer, which not only erases things on an atomic level, but destroys Nanites.

WOG from Duncan Rouleau further puts into light that Rex's adaptive protocol can be potent enough to counteract a majority of Ben's Omnitrix transformations. Which includes aliens with abilities even more passive than Gunvolt's from what I'm reading.

Oh and Lodestar had magnetism powers and it didn't turn out too well for him.

This RE also once again, included the EVO Breach, who rips apart the fabric of dimensions. Rex's Nanites gave him a new ability for it.
How Homing attacks work would kind of make this not work (Homing attacks are GV's main thing due to tagging). If you knock away a ball that homes into you, it'll just come back, again, and again, and aain

There is a certain scan that I thought would never be applicable, but based on it. Probably yes. Sumeragi has possible access to Gravity Manip, and there is tech that uses black holes to power itself

So while I personally don't think it matters what it is powered by since it's tech at the end of the day, there is even more evidence that GV can do it. In LAiX, Copen can retrieve Gravity Septima, and GV... well he's dead in that game, but Blade, who has GV's totally not midi-chlorians does, and she's powering through just fine ....

Also I'm gonna repeat this again. Full Healing. Magnetism Manip. Experienced with foes way more complex and have far more to offer than Rex does.

Rex fought against foes that manipulate specific sections/concepts of the universe. The Meta Nanites (Which have this power) from the Consortium included time/space/gravity manipulating EVO's and Rex took them head on and forced them to merge. So complexity isn't going to be an issue for Rex's skill level either.

Also I point again to his RE having counters to a majority of the Omnitrix's DNA samples for reference. This includes intangibles, gravity manipulators, time manipulators, space manipulators, too many to name-drop.

So basically the outcome to this depends on if Gunvolt's abilities are more complex than the Consortium's powers or most of Ben's Omnitrix because otherwise Rex is just going to keep evolving/adapting and getting new anti-power Build's to counteract Gunvolt.

Rex's Nanites can create new machines or new abilities in general if Rex is faced with something he can't deal with using his existing powers.
Gotchu
His block party was actually the first example of this against Quarry's molecular destabilizer, which not only erases things on an atomic level, but destroys Nanites.

WOG from Duncan Rouleau further puts into light that Rex's adaptive protocol can be potent enough to counteract a majority of Ben's Omnitrix transformations. Which includes aliens with abilities even more passive than Gunvolt's from what I'm reading.
Oh wait that's why you were talking about the Omnitrix, he actually scales to Ben. It also explains why he looks so ******* cool.
Oh and Lodestar had magnetism powers and it didn't turn out too well for him.

This RE also once again, included the EVO Breach, who rips apart the fabric of dimensions. Rex's Nanites gave him a new ability for it.
Gotcha. From what I'm getting though, GV may still be able to hack him up to at least get the forcefields down.
Rex fought against foes that manipulate specific sections/concepts of the universe. The Meta Nanites (Which have this power) from the Consortium included time/space/gravity manipulating EVO's and Rex took them head on and forced them to merge. So complexity isn't going to be an issue for Rex's skill level either.

Also I point again to his RE having counters to a majority of the Omnitrix's DNA samples for reference. This includes intangibles, gravity manipulators, time manipulators, space manipulators, too many to name-drop.
I see, I see. So GV's complexity may not be too bad. However this doesn't change that Rex himself isn't complex.
So basically the outcome to this depends on if Gunvolt's abilities are more complex than the Consortium's powers or most of Ben's Omnitrix because otherwise Rex is just going to keep evolving/adapting and getting new anti-power Build's to counteract Gunvolt.
Unfortunately I don't see it, everything he has built up so far is still fairly linear. "Hand that slaps away", "forcefield that X". Is like Iron Man's stuff

And in addition, they're all still machines that GV can definitely hack into (and if he cant... well forcefield stonewall), negating any Advantage Rex could have had. Again, going to repeat that Resistance won't help since GV just Negates it against people who should have supposedly resisted an even more powerful Azure Striker

But to hit you on the complexity, I'm quite sure Danmaku Homing Redirecting Automatic Machine Gun Fire Bolts is more than enough to pull it off. And everytime Rex goes close, he gets gotten by the Hacking Flashfield

Oh, one thing about the Hacking Flashfield

Copen resisted Hacking attempts by the guy who's literal superpower is to hack other machines. His thing didn't get hacked (as well as a magnetism guy). But oh here comes Gunvolt, and his Azure Striker just says no anyways

Gotchu

Oh wait that's why you were talking about the Omnitrix, he actually scales to Ben. It also explains why he looks so ******* cool.
Same creators. Though Gen Rex is grittier and more consistently written 🐐
Gotcha. From what I'm getting though, GV may still be able to hack him up to at least get the forcefields down.
Would it be a constant continuous hack?

Because the Alpha Nanite couldn't hack Rex so easily (He got blown up the first few attempts) and the Alpha Nanite is the same being that made a perfect Omnitrix replica from a simple poke.
I see, I see. So GV's complexity may not be too bad. However this doesn't change that Rex himself isn't complex.

Unfortunately I don't see it, everything he has built up so far is still fairly linear. "Hand that slaps away", "forcefield that X". Is like Iron Man's stuff

And in addition, they're all still machines that GV can definitely hack into (and if he cant... well forcefield stonewall), negating any Advantage Rex could have had. Again, going to repeat that Resistance won't help since GV just Negates it against people who should have supposedly resisted an even more powerful Azure Striker
Resistance and immunity are technically in the same ballpark it just comes down to who's threshold is bigger.
But to hit you on the complexity, I'm quite sure Danmaku Homing Redirecting Automatic Machine Gun Fire Bolts is more than enough to pull it off. And everytime Rex goes close, he gets gotten by the Hacking Flashfield

Gunvolt's hacking would have to be above the likes of Alpha or Malware for me to believe he could overwrite the Omega-1 Nanite honestly.

Though I /do/ think he can bring Rex's shields down. Highly charged atoms don't sound like anything out of the ordinary for Gunvolt.

Same creators. Though Gen Rex is grittier and more consistently written 🐐
Consider me interested
Would it be a constant continuous hack?

Because the Alpha Nanite couldn't hack Rex so easily (He got blown up the first few attempts) and the Alpha Nanite is the same being that made a perfect Omnitrix replica from a simple poke.
Unfortunately for you, yeah, continously hacking
Resistance and immunity are technically in the same ballpark it just comes down to who's threshold is bigger.
I suppose, but GV's Septima is supposed to be the "ultimate Septima" in the setting because it can control and hack everything. It can be used to swarm the entire world with giant Septima wielding tanks, and yes, I do mean the entire world. Nanomachines also exist in the verse since LAiX2, but I personally don't count it
Gunvolt's hacking would have to be above the likes of Alpha or Malware for me to believe he could overwrite the Omega-1 Nanite honestly.

Though I /do/ think he can bring Rex's shields down. Highly charged atoms don't sound like anything out of the ordinary for Gunvolt.
Well, if you think GV can bring down shields, I don't see why he can't take down his other machinery. Also refer to my other points where his Septima is better at Hacking than the actual Hacking super power even after Copen put in a resistance against a stronger Azure Striker

Azure Striker also controls electrons in a fine controlled manner. Those are really small.

Last edited:
Compiling all of the things GV has that I think give him the edge or cancel out Rex's stuff (This is all dependent if he can get past the BS stone wall 20x Durability stomp)

Advantages
  • Magnetism and Hacking overall screws up Rex's stuff, or anything he tries to pull out, including Forcefields. This means no matter what machine Rex makes, GV can negate its resistance to his Septima and disable the machine
  • Marksman Style with a million different trajectories of automatic fire bolts that can be danmaku, redirecting, or homing, etc absolutely give Rex a hard time trying to close in, and if Rex also goes range, well... he's just fighting a losing battle
  • If Rex gets close, a shock from a Flashfield, Astrasphere, Dragonsphere, Crashbolt, pick one
  • Rex's sword is absolutely too big and will definitely not hit if Rex attacks directly with it.
  • GV's mobility is also a bit crazy in an urban setting like this, combined with him easily able to deal with Rex's mobility options.
  • Full. Healing. That's theoretically spammable.
  • All projectiles, except energy ones, get negged by Flashfield, which limits Rex's options by a LOT. Either he goes for a direct melee attack with is bound to just... not hit, or go range and get whittled down as GV heals
  • Rex has a limited, linear style which GV definitely counters with his experience against foes with much more complex attack patterns, not to mention, Rex will be getting shocked constantly, the entire time as he tries to hit GV if so much as one of the automatic machine gun fire, homing, danmaku, redirection bouncing bolts touches him. He will get hit. He will be in pain the entire time. Landing a hit with that big sword will be just.... very difficult like that
  • Redirection of attacks is a no go, homing attacks would just send itself right back him ad infintum as soon as it gets reflected.

Cancels out
  • Lifting Strength, GV just doesn't got it man. But if he's gonna get grappled by Rex's Machines, he can hack or magnetism them to just get them off him. As well, GV may also have a Class G feat.
  • Military Training should at least be even, GV's been doing this as a child against a conglomerate far more powerful than the organization he works for (like, AVALANCHE vs Shinra levels of difference)
  • GV has fought in 3v1 situations before,
  • Can get past shielding by hacking up and screwing Rex's Gear with Flashfield.
  • None of his gear gets rekted by Rex, since it's all technology powered his Septima, there's no inner workings really.
  • Flight is no problem, at least a solid 30-50% of Gunvolt bosses straight up just fly, including Copen and his Bullit Dashing, which overall outpaces GV and bounces around at some crazy angles sometimes. Flight from this guy with giant robot hands would be something he can handle, especially when Merak also has giant robot hands.
  • Underground attacks are no problem, GV's fought enemies that use attacks which would blindside any person, such as Merak's portals, Desna's underground attacks, Gibril, etc.
  • Stamina, both have "all day" feats. GV can heal, making this easier for him.
  • Bypasses any form of electricity resistance, even resistances created by using his own Septima as data. That is as "Anti-Gunvolt" as one could get

What he TECHNICALLY doesn't have a thing for
- Technically, if he gets hit by the sword, he might die, but considering he's been hit with a giant sword that splits you in half, like really splits you in half before and took normal damage, he might live
Also I hate doing consecutive messages but say GV gets through shields, Rex has to deal with all of these in addition his dura negation just not hitting and any other thing to adapt is just gonna get healed off or dodged due to the linear nature of Rex's arsenal (yes Rex has fought complexity, doesn't mean he isn't simple). As well all of Rex's machines make him a pretty big target.

Last edited:
One more thing, they're both in character so, Gunvolt is publicly known as part of a "terrorist organization", and he fights to kill. Would Rex go for the kill, or would he try to capture him at first to get info on who/what/where/etc. he works for? After all, he is military

Also GV FRA

Last edited:
Feels like the arguments here are kind of going in a loop for Rex. GV has the tools necessary to hack into Rex's gear (since he specifically can by pass resistances to hacking), as well as a plethora of other things to help him survive (healing a fourth of his HP, healing all of his HP, recovering all of his EP at will, and of course his stamina that allowed him to fight for an entire night until morning non-stop). GV is also very familiar with fighting people who are stronger than him, e.g. Nova, Asimov, Reverie Zonda, and Copen with Mytyl's Anthem (remember that Anthem is at least a 9-18 times multiplier to AP, and GV still beat him via being able to hack into his gear to expose him to damage).

Going with GV here.

Consider me interested

Unfortunately for you, yeah, continously hacking
Then in that case, how does Gunvolt's hacking capabilities measure up to Alpha Nanite? He's a sentient living Nanite made to control, merge with and devour other machines no matter how advanced. Even Alien technology as obnoxious as the Omnitrix. Yet when he attempted to hack Rex he got blown up from the Nanite's defensive procedures.
I suppose, but GV's Septima is supposed to be the "ultimate Septima" in the setting because it can control and hack everything. It can be used to swarm the entire world with giant Septima wielding tanks, and yes, I do mean the entire world. Nanomachines also exist in the verse since LAiX2, but I personally don't count it
This sounds like Rex's powers originally stemming from the Meta Nanite of Technology. AKA it's basically a mutated result of one of the universe's concepts. Meaning Rex's hacking capabilities are more so a dominion over it. So again this is definitely a tug-o-war for Gunvolt at best.
Well, if you think GV can bring down shields, I don't see why he can't take down his other machinery. Also refer to my other points where his Septima is better at Hacking than the actual Hacking super power even after Copen put in a resistance against a stronger Azure Striker

Azure Striker also controls electrons in a fine controlled manner. Those are really small.

The reason why I think he can take down the shields is because of the Atoms themselves. But that doesn't stop the Nanites from hyper-adapting something much worse in this situation.

Feels like the arguments here are kind of going in a loop for Rex. GV has the tools necessary to hack into Rex's gear (since he specifically can by pass resistances to hacking), as well as a plethora of other things to help him survive (healing a fourth of his HP, healing all of his HP, recovering all of his EP at will, and of course his stamina that allowed him to fight for an entire night until morning non-stop). GV is also very familiar with fighting people who are stronger than him, e.g. Nova, Asimov, Reverie Zonda, and Copen with Mytyl's Anthem (remember that Anthem is at least a 9-18 times multiplier to AP, and GV still beat him via being able to hack into his gear to expose him to damage).

Going with GV here.

Rex is also familiar with fighting people not only stronger than he is but also far more haxed out, as well as facing Technopath's who's technopathic powers are so intense that even manipulating organic beings is a possibility for them (Alpha)

Again, Rex's Adaptive Protocol can counter a majority of the DNA samples in the Omnitrix to top this all off. This is an argument of can GV's surpass that statement and can his resistance bypassing override Rex's dominion code over Tech.

One more thing, they're both in character so, Gunvolt is publicly known as part of a "terrorist organization", and he fights to kill. Would Rex go for the kill, or would he try to capture him at first to get info on who/what/where/etc. he works for? After all, he is military

Also GV FRA

Rex wouldn't go for the kill unless he Gunvolt attempted it first. He's a kind soul at heart but he's also pretty aggressive.

His Nanites however, aren't so forgiving. They'll go for the kill if Rex won't do it himself.

Also Rex FRA for me.

Then in that case, how does Gunvolt's hacking capabilities measure up to Alpha Nanite? He's a sentient living Nanite made to control, merge with and devour other machines no matter how advanced. Even Alien technology as obnoxious as the Omnitrix. Yet when he attempted to hack Rex he got blown up from the Nanite's defensive procedures.
I mean... I don't think lightning "blows up", all GV needs to do is just, **** it all up, he doesn't need something intricate.
This sounds like Rex's powers originally stemming from the Meta Nanite of Technology. AKA it's basically a mutated result of one of the universe's concepts. Meaning Rex's hacking capabilities are more so a dominion over it. So again this is definitely a tug-o-war for Gunvolt at best.
A tug of war is enough for GV honestly. He doesn't anything intricate to just turn it off, as long as he makes it not work via, you know, making it go haywire, etc. Gunvolt has also shown this hacking ability while in full combat with no problem, Rex may or may not have to actually split his attention while preventing a hack. Not a good way to go
The reason why I think he can take down the shields is because of the Atoms themselves. But that doesn't stop the Nanites from hyper-adapting something much worse in this situation.
Oh, than GV has an advantage all around, as long as he gets passed the shields, he can basically just use standard tactics, and FULL HEALING to whittle him down.

But i still dont get it, why cant the Nanites just.... adapt and then make the shields just immune if thats the case, then bam, stonewall
Rex is also familiar with fighting people not only stronger than he is but also far more haxed out, as well as facing Technopath's who's technopathic powers are so intense that even manipulating organic beings is a possibility for them (Alpha)
That doesn't mean anything, just because you are experienced at fighting haxxed people doesn't mean you yourself are more haxxed, Gunvolt's ability to fight foes that fight in ways that Rex cannot even compare to replicate in terms of complexity.

He's fought Portal Blindsiders, multi angled lasers, people faster than him, a million people that can fly, petrifiers, absolute zero ice flashfreezers, anti gunvolt magnetism, machine users, metal users, blood users, hacking powers users, the list goes on
Again, Rex's Adaptive Protocol can counter a majority of the DNA samples in the Omnitrix to top this all off. This is an argument of can GV's surpass that statement and can his resistance bypassing override Rex's dominion code over Tech.
I would say... yeah, he can pull this off, Gunvolt's adaptability in fights, as I said before, cover an extremely wide range of hax, some of it basically being Anti-Gunvolt, and the Anti-Gunvolt ones is really all that matters

Rex wouldn't go for the kill unless he Gunvolt attempted it first. He's a kind soul at heart but he's also pretty aggressive.

His Nanites however, aren't so forgiving. They'll go for the kill if Rex won't do it himself.
That makes it even more of an advantage for GV then

Also Rex FRA for me.
Full healing, able to easily adapt to his straightforward fighting style, full healing, full healing, full healing lmao

Rex doesn't have that kind of healing that can keep him in advantage state the whole time

Last edited:
Also for Vex

Votes:
GV: Me, Xmark, Dragoon, Psychomaster35
Rex: (assuming demonic, not stated tho), Jag

Last edited:
Back