• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Eminiteable

He/Him
A remake of this thread.
  • ASG2 Heightened Emotions Gunvolt is being used
  • Anthem is restricted
  • High 6-A versions are being used (1.497 Exatons vs 647 Petatons)
  • Speed is equalized
  • "Fight takes place in Hancock's throne room"
  • "The opponents start 10 meters away from each other"
Hancock: 0

Gunvolt: 0

Inconclusive: 0
ifmA6bg.png
OGF1avE.png

Last edited:
in class rn but I’ll say that this fight probably ends up the same as the last, Gunvolt will have a hard time hitting Boa, same with the other way around, while Boa has Precog it’s not an end all be all since it’s hard to defend and attack at the same time (or really doing and two actions at once at times), and GV’s got all types of moves that get her caught in close quarters with no martial counterplay such as Astrasphere, and I’m making this absurd blog of his compiled skill feats that would negate a lot of attacks Boa could try, Boa could potentially win since Petrification exists even if GV Resists

incon

tbh I don’t see the need to redo this since all of the abilities are the exact same

also that’s a picture of GV3 GV not GV2

in class rn but I’ll say that this fight probably ends up the same as the last, Gunvolt will have a hard time hitting Boa, same with the other way around, while Boa has Precog it’s not an end all be all since it’s hard to defend and attack at the same time (or really doing and two actions at once at times), and GV’s got all types of moves that get her caught in close quarters with no martial counterplay such as Astrasphere

tbh I don’t see the need to redo this since all of the abilities are the exact same
There's been many changes to Haki & Boa's own Petrification also erases the person's memories of it happening & while they were petrified.

I'll look at it later lol

Should note that GV isn't horny and doesn't get women

I'll also explain prevasion soon

Last edited:
Should note that GV isn't horny and doesn't get women
her Social influencing allowed her powers to work on animals (Snails) & Emotionless Cyborgs (Pacifista) so they will take effect. Her petrification works on inanimate objects regardless of lust.

Its a passive Petrification right

"During this time, Hancock's petrified victims will have their consciousness frozen, as if time had stopped around them, preventing them from making any sort of action unless Hancock willingly releases them from this state. However, sufficient concentration, being blind or blindfolded (and thus unable to experience Hancock's beauty), or simply lacking any sort of affection for Hancock can nullify these effects."

So how does social influencing work? Like does she need to strip or some shit

I can't explain why just yet cuz I'm in class and I'm doing this in stealth, but Slave Arrow and Petrification via kicking won't work, nor produce an insta killing effect either

Last edited:
Its a passive Petrification right

"During this time, Hancock's petrified victims will have their consciousness frozen, as if time had stopped around them, preventing them from making any sort of action unless Hancock willingly releases them from this state. However, sufficient concentration, being blind or blindfolded (and thus unable to experience Hancock's beauty), or simply lacking any sort of affection for Hancock can nullify these effects."

So how does social influencing work? Like does she need to strip or some shit
It's passive based off her beauty, she doesnt need to strip or anything.

"Her Devil Fruit's abilities don't work on someone who isn't attracted to her (Example: Luffy), or is feeling an emotion far superior at the time they would feel lust for her (Momonga was able to not be affected during the time she used her powers due to feeling the pain from stabbing himself more than his lust for her"

So this don't mean crap? How come Luffy gets a pass here? GV wouldn't be attracted either

Gonna bring in Elise Arguments later

"Her Devil Fruit's abilities don't work on someone who isn't attracted to her (Example: Luffy), or is feeling an emotion far superior at the time they would feel lust for her (Momonga was able to not be affected during the time she used her powers due to feeling the pain from stabbing himself more than his lust for her"

So this don't mean crap? How come Luffy gets a pass here? GV wouldn't be attracted eithet
Luffy was shown unattracted & is the only example in verse of someone doing this.

Otherwise as I already listed it's worked on those who wouldn't feel such emotions normally:
her Social influencing allowed her powers to work on animals (Snails) & Emotionless Cyborgs (Pacifista) so they will take effect.

Luffy was shown unattracted & is the only example in verse of someone doing this.
But GV would also be unattracted dude stayed with this hot girl for like a year and she was quite literally asked shower (yes it happened) with her and he was just... confused
feeling an emotion far superior at the time they would feel lust for her (Momonga was able to not be affected during the time she used her powers due to feeling the pain from stabbing himself more than his lust for her
This is a highly emotional GV key, so i don't think big Boobie lady is gonna prevent him from feeling what he's feeling and just power through it

Last edited:
But GV would also be unattracted dude stayed with this hot girl for like a year and she was quite literally asked shower (yes it happened) with her and he was just... confused
And cyborgs without emotions were made to feel lust allowing her to destroy them, the Hancock feat is more impressive imo than what gunvolt has shown "resisting".
This is a highly emotional GV key, so i don't think big Boobie lady is gonna prevent him from feeling what he's feeling
Possibly, although it's worked just fine against those directly trying to kill her so it depends.

Bruh why are these weaknesses even weaknesses if they don't exist lmao

Also everyone was pointing out that the girl was basically the perfect fit and there's all sorts of random crap that suggest it, hand holding- hugging, literally her being a housewife, and GV is like "man, what the **** u guys on about". I feel like that qualifies for Luffy level obliviousness and perhaps stupidity of not getting hormones.

Combined with feeling really determined in this key (he's always going for the kill normally anyways, and has shown some severe emotional breakdowns that let him just ignore everything else, like against Asimov where he basically didnt give a crap about his speeches, or Nova literally trying to gaslight his entire view of society) I don't think this will be an issue, if it is, stomp lol even with resist. Also he has Power Null with this boost that can null passive like attacks like Paradise Lost

Actually just realized he has Stat Reduct resist so Boa can't one shot him and he can just heal spam after every time he breaks out

Also mind explaining the new Haki stuff to me? All I remember is Precog the whole fight which was the main argument from last time which I already countered

Last edited:
NoBruh why are these weaknesses even weaknesses if they don't exist lmao
The write-up for the weaknesses were made long before Hancock's profile was updated.

Those weaknesses still exist it's just hard to achieve. To date the only examples are Luffy & a guy who was told about her powers stabbing himself.
Also everyone was pointing out that the girl was basically the perfect fit and there's all sorts of random crap that suggest it, hand holding- hugging, literally her being a housewife, and GV is like "man, what the **** u guys on about". I feel like that qualifies for Luffy level obliviousness and perhaps stupidity of not getting hormones.

Combined with feeling really determined in this key I don't think this will be an issue, if it is, stomp lol even with resist
Luffy being able to resist her powers comes purely from the fact he did it, not his actual personality as he felt attraction to Nami purely because Usopp influenced his personality (although Nami was also able to make cyborgs who had their emotions removed feel attraction to her).

When it comes to Hancock she can effect those who also wouldn't feel any emotion whatsoever in the same situation as gunvolt.

I don't think being very determined would counter it, things like sharp pain etc are what the weakness section are referring too.

The write-up for the weaknesses were made long before Hancock's profile was updated.

Those weaknesses still exist it's just hard to achieve. To date the only examples are Luffy & a guy who was told about her powers stabbing himself.
Aight then maybe at least say "Social Influencing says no these anyways" to not confuse people

Either way, Gunvolt resists Petrification anyways. He can just break out of it, even if Boa uses that split second to hit him, it won't one shot GV resists Stat Reduction from another Petrification user from just being completely annihilated in one blow, and Elise (the petrificaton user), essentially just needs eye contact to Petrify (aka GV has to turn all the way around to not get caught), in which GV has experience doing now.

Any hit Boa gets GV can heal off... and well... Prevasion also exists which is relevant if GV isn't looking at her to even be petrified. Of course this will make it harder for GV to hit her, which is why I'm still going incon

Either way, Gunvolt resists Petrification anyways. He can just break out of it, even if Boa uses that split second to hit him, it won't one shot GV resists Stat Reduction from another Petrification user from just being completely annihilated in one blow, and Elise (the petrificaton user), essentially just needs eye contact to Petrify (aka GV has to turn all the way around to not get caught), in which GV has experience doing now.
Sure he resists but he's turned into stone for a few aeconds. He may resist stat reduction but Hancock's petrification transmute's the target into weak stone which is why she has durability negation on her profile. Gunvolt also likely wouldn't know he's dealing with petrification as his memories will be erased.
Any hit Boa gets GV can heal off... and well... Prevasion also exists
Is this his Regeneration if so haki grants Regeneration nullification.

Sure he resists but he's turned into stone for a few aeconds. He may resist stat reduction but Hancock's petrification transmute's the target into weak stone which is why she has durability negation on her profile. Gunvolt also likely wouldn't know he's dealing with petrification as his memories will be erased.
So does Elise's, she also turned GV into weak stone? And GV resists it and breaks out. Also you can be memory erased and still break out things like this. If my body notices that it's being physically encumbered it would naturally struggle and break out
Is this his Regeneration if so haki grants Regeneration nullification.
Not regen

Last edited:
So does Elise's? And GV resists it and breaks out. Also you can be memory erased and still break out things like this. If my body notices that it's being physically encumbered it would naturally struggle and break out
I didn't see it mentioned on the profile so I wasn't aware, fair enough. Although her AP advantage would still allow to deal great damage while he's petrified.

I'm not saying the memory erasure would stop him resisting only that he wouldn't be aware he's dealing with petrification or what was causing him to be petrified due to the memory erasure.
Not regen
Is it healing, if so how many times can he use it?

Regarding prevasion, from what I can see on the profile it seems to be intangibility but haki negates that.

I didn't see it mentioned on the profile so I wasn't aware, fair enough. Although her AP advantage would still allow to deal great damage while he's petrified.
Sorry. There's only so many lore details I can remember at a time lol- you've seen the profiles, I'll put it in later.
I'm not saying the memory erasure would stop him resisting only that he wouldn't be aware he's dealing with petrification or what was causing him to be petrified due to the memory erasure.
Would there not be stone pieces lying around? At least that's what happens with Elise's variant, doesn't really matter too much tho. I'm sure he'd notice a pattern between looking at Boa and suddenly needing to break out of something
Is it healing, if so how many times can he use it?
Unironcally he can spam that shit and I'm not even joking it's dummy mad. The only thing holding him back is game mechanics
Regarding prevasion, from what I can see on the profile it seems to be intangibility but haki negates that.
It'll have to negate specifically electrons unfortunately for ya, electricity intang nullification won't cut it (I didn't make the rules I find it dumb too)

Also kudos to you for reading the profile (no, no one does that for some reason), it finally came of use. At least I don't have to put in my copy pasta to explain it this time

Still going incon lol

Last edited:
Would there not be stone pieces lying around? At least that's what happens with Elise's variant
If there was stone pieces left it would only be off his body & would result in chunks of his body being missing so I don't think so.
Unironcally he can spam that shit and I'm not even joking it's dummy mad. The only thing holding him back is game mechanics
Actually, wouldn't healing just be negated as Regeneration would. At least that's the impression I'm getting from the healing page as the only distinction between the two Abilities is healing works on other people besides the user.
It'll have to negate specifically electrons unfortunately for ya, electricity intang nullification won't cut it (I didn't make the rules I find it dumb too)
It's worked on Enel who's a lightning human, and other OP profiles have accepted the manipulation of lightning as "Macro-Quantum" specifically due to "lightning being composed of electrons". It's also worked on Kizaru a light human thus negating the intangibility of photons I guess.

Actually, wouldn't healing just be negated as Regeneration would. At least that's the impression I'm getting from the healing page as the only distinction between the two Abilities is healing works on other people besides the user.
Honestly, idk either, how does the negation work, like, does healing skills just not work when you're near the person?

also

• Regeneration Negation (At least Mid, likely Mid-High; Haki users are capable of negating non-natural regeneration, like the Tori Tori no Mi: Model Phoenix[55])
Gunvolt's regen works by basically accelerating his natural regeneration process if I recall, so it may just not work on him at all

It's worked on Enel who's a lightning human, and other OP profiles have accepted the manipulation of lightning as "Macro-Quantum" specifically due to "lightning being composed of electrons". It's also worked on Kizaru a light human thus negating the intangibility of photons I guess.
Oh, if that's the case, you should be fine? Honestly some attacks go through Prevasion for no reason and some do, but you'd still have to get through Crashbolt, Astrasphere, Flashfield, etc

honestly the fact that we're speculating this much to see if this isn't a incon is like, proof that this is a incon e

Honestly, idk either, how does the negation work, like, does healing skills just not work when you're near the person?

Gunvolt's regen works by basically accelerating his natural regeneration process if I recall, so it may just not work on him at all
Marco's phoenix flames allow him to instantly regenerate any wound & can even apply these flames to others to accelerate their healing. But he wasn't able to regenerate from wounds inflicted using haki for a long period of time.

That's the type of regeneration that haki negates, the phoenix flames accelerate the bodies natural regeneration.
Oh, if that's the case, you should be fine? Honestly some attacks go through Prevasion for no reason and some do, but you'd still have to get through Crashbolt, Astrasphere, Flashfield, etc
This is from what I've read in the Notable Attacks & Techniques section but when it comes to stuff like Astrasphere & Crashbolt her Kenbunshoku Haki will warn her prior allowing her to avoid the hits.

Her Kenbunshoku Haki should also allow her to avoid his bullets preventing her from being tagged and getting badly effected by Flashfield, although when he has that ability activated she should be able to easily hit him with her Mero Mero Mellow beam attack.

Last edited:
Marco's pheonix flames allow him to instantly regenerate any wound & can even apply these flames to others to accelerate their healing. But he wasn't able to regenerate from wounds inflicted using haki for a long period of time.
Hm, not sure how that would interact- do note that even while Power Nulled GV can still somehow heal even though it should've been restricted- of course it also might not count- but also Phoenix Flames to heal (I don't see "accelerate natural healing" on his page rn) is much different from just, letting the body do its work to heal very fast.

If she can negate the healing, tbh there's nothing Gunvolt can do as a win condition as she's just going to keep him in stone the entire match and he cant do jack crap with the moments he has when he breaks out before he gets stoned again
This is from what I've read in the Notable Attacks & Techniques section but when it comes to stuff like Astrasphere & Crashbolt her Kenbunshoku Haki will warn her prior allowing her to avoid the hits.
I'm not saying that she wouldn't be able to avoid it (though when you're attacking, it's just naturally hard to defend, so there will be times where she will get hit, just not often), but it'll definitely not let her get her attack in- no matter how much you precog, you can't exactly just punch through a sphere and "dodge it" just because you see it coming
Her Kenbunshoku Haki should also allow her to avoid his bullets preventing her from being tagged and getting badly effected by Flashfield, although when he has that ability activated she should be able to easily hit him with her Mero Mero Mellow beam attack.
Easily? I feel like you're underestimating his skill but I wouldn't say that isn't a possibility. But when GV uses Flashfield he can instantly use his various Skills to block it. Also, thats a LOT of bullets, even getting hit by one is really detriental, to say she can Precog Dodge ALL of that, WHILE attacking is a bit too much to ask for imo. You can't punch someone, while stepping laterally, you'd just make your punch fail since now it's not going to hit its target since you moved your whole body away from the guy

(Yes, this is the same argument that led this to an incon last time)

I don't think being very determined would counter it, things like sharp pain etc are what the weakness section are referring too.
I feel like this isn't really fair since whatever the sensation is, the pain the guy feels is outpowering the lust he feels- and Gunvolt can go legitimately apeshit to conuter it, combined with already being able to break out of Petrification, I feel like it should be more than enough to get past Petrification. The argument is essentially "if they are only specifically in pain they can not be affected" when it's actually "the sensation and feelings toward the pain allow them to ignore the lust", sensations and feelings being the key words

Last edited:
Hm, not sure how that would interact- do note that even while Power Nulled GV can still somehow heal even though it should've been restricted- of course it also might not count- but also Phoenix Flames to heal (I don't see "accelerate natural healing" on his page rn) is much different from just, letting the body do its work to heal very fast.
It's the way Phoenix flames function, I'll send some screenshots from prior explanation from the threads going over the regen nullification for haki & what types of regen it negates:
bz8TsgW.png

EVeGu5u.png

I'm not saying that she wouldn't be able to avoid it (though when you're attacking, it's just naturally hard to defend, so there will be times where she will get hit, just not often)
Kenbunshoku grants precognition allowing her to know when the attack is coming prior to it being fired, she should be able to avoid the majority of his attacks & if she really isn't able to in time she can defend with Busoshoku Haki (Keeping in mind here the majority of the fight she will spend keeping him petrified). Here's some examples of the level of precog she's capable of:
7Lk6K3k.png
ZoG09Df.png
gE180Jf.png
WyyAcyd.png
2yijRxM.png
AacmKf3.png
8KjQB69.png

Easily? I feel like you're underestimating his skill but I wouldn't say that isn't a possibility. But when GV uses Flashfield he can instantly use his various Skills to block it. Also, thats a LOT of bullets, even getting hit by one is really detriental, to say she can Precog Dodge ALL of that, WHILE attacking is a bit too much to ask for imo
From what I've read on the Notable attack & Technique section it seems to suspend him in the air & while it can protect against projectiles it doesn't against energy based attacks like beams so I think she should be able to easily tag him when it's used (based off what I've read).

From what I've seen in the Equipment section it does seem like he shoots a lot of bullets but nothing that would overwhelm precog (from what I've seen), and to my knowledge if it does becomes too much of an issue for her she can just turn his guns into stone restricting them (She has done this in the past where she destroyed Smoker's seastone weapon)

It's the way Phoenix flames function, I'll send some screenshots from prior explanation from the threads going over the regen nullification for haki & what types of regen it negates:
bz8TsgW.png

EVeGu5u.png
Oh... then yeah, GV doesn't have a wincon, idk why it says Haki doesn't negate unnatural regen if that's the case, his only way to win or survive for that matter was this really. So it'd be a stomp for Boa's favor
Kenbunshoku grants precognition allowing her to know when the attack is coming prior to it being fired, she should be able to avoid the majority of his attacks & if she really isn't able to in time she can defend with Busoshoku Haki (Keeping in mind here the majority of the fight she will spend keeping him petrified). Here's some examples of the level of precog she's capable of:
7Lk6K3k.png
ZoG09Df.png
gE180Jf.png
WyyAcyd.png
2yijRxM.png
AacmKf3.png
8KjQB69.png
This is pretty useful, but I'm not saying that she won't dodge the majority, I'm saying that she will get hit at some point due to physical multitasking naturally just being that hard- plus Gunvolt will break out and have a small chance to retaliate if he isn't healing to at least make her back off, which is likely what she'll do, but it's just that it won't be 100% of the time perfect every dang dodge- maybe 80% or 60% or 90%, if it was 100% it'd just be an stomp for every match-up ever. Even in cases of mind readers who have plenty of warning before an attack won't be able to dodge every time (Heimdall for example)- Precog users aren't unhittable, they're just unlikely to get hit, there's a difference

Gunvolt will really only be able to stall for time with this strat anyways, so this isn't even a wincon. I'm just saying that Precog isn't some end all be all GG hax ability that a lot of people make it out to be.
From what I've read on the Notable attack & Technique section it seems to suspend him in the air & while it can protect against projectiles it doesn't against energy based attacks like beams so I think she should be able to easily tag him when it's used (based off what I've read).
The easily part is what gets me, not that fact that it can't hit him- because it definitely can, but I take issue when you say it will "easily" hit him, it's just a laser beam, Gunvolt's dodged laser beams from so many different directions and danmaku over the place, I doubt a single laser beam will hit him "easily" like it's no problem- maybe your misconception is that you think GV can't move during Flashfield... which is false
if it does becomes too much of an issue for her she can just turn his guns into stone restricting them (She has done this in the past where she destroyed Smoker's seastone weapon)
Yeah, if that's the case GV2 GV doesn't really have much of a chance here. Once more Kudos for looking at the page and looking at the gifs (well, at least cerberus)

Also I did edit my message, I'll paste again here
Eminiteable said:
I feel like this isn't really fair since whatever the sensation is, the pain the guy feels is outpowering the lust he feels- and Gunvolt can go legitimately apeshit to conuter it, combined with already being able to break out of Petrification, I feel like it should be more than enough to get past Petrification. The argument is essentially "if they are only specifically in pain they can not be affected" when it's actually "the sensation and feelings toward the pain allow them to ignore the lust", sensations and feelings being the key words

Last edited:
The easily part is what gets me, not that fact that it can't hit him- because it definitely can, but I take issue when you say it will "easily" hit him, it's just a laser beam, Gunvolt's dodged laser beams from so many different directions and danmaku over the place, I doubt a single laser beam will hit him "easily" like it's no problem- maybe your misconception is that you think GV can't move during Flashfield... which is false
That was my misconception, my bad I think I misread there.
I mean the only other example of someone overpowering it was in 3d2y where they used super bitter herbs to give them a sharp & sudden feeling that allows them to ignore the feeling of lust.

Most of these cases come from a sudden jolt as she is trying to petrify them due to prior knowledge of her abilities where as anger or even hatred towards her hasn't really worked before.

You brought one of my most debated Boa Hancock threads back to life? I'm genuinely honored.

Lowkey forgot Haki got buffed since the time of the thread to now. Leaning toward Gunvolt for now. I'll have to check my DMs with Smashtwig to get that refresher course on Prevasion. Seriously, mans could have a PhD in this game and I love him for that.

Prevasion could work, like in GV3, sure. I really dont mind it being bypassed here even if it can work on bullcrap like 2A EE in later games and AZ and all, but even if you argue it works, you'd have to stick a controller in GV to make him look away from Boa, which he can do versus Elise to avoid petrification, GV2 GV is affected by Petrification no matter how you slice it. But Boa stunlock stomps tbh, unless you argue GVs power null works here like it did against Zondas passive Paradise Lost thing

Back