• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Azure Striker vs Yellow Flash

I did this matchup because they both are really damn cool with yellow hair and stuff. Also, in the upcoming Azure Striker Gunvolt 3, a new character basically has Minato's FTG and her main power is sealing, so- I'm gonna see how GV stacks up to the dude

imageedit_7_4960124233.png

AP: ~56 Megatons, higher with Skills
imageedit_3_2238169931.png

AP: ~>33 Megatons​
Azure Striker: Smashor by Proxy
Yellow Flash: GokuSparkle​
Inconclusive: Razor, Oleggator, XMark12, Peppersalt43, Popted2, Nierre, Hagane no Saiyajin, Me Technically​
Rules:

Speed Equal
- However thanks to speed equal rules, Minato gets to keep his Relativistic Reaction Speeds, while GV is stuck at Sub-Rel

No Flying Raijin marks have been placed beforehand
(no BFRing GV a Solar System away)

Minato - Alive (7-B, Sage Mode allowed if it’s not an H7-A Amp, no Summons)

Gunvolt - End of Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 (Joule’s Anthem Disabled, Prevasion ENABLED, Septimal Surge/Shield not Restricted)

Points Brought Up / Obvious Points

(Or anything that comes to mind for me that I feel should be known)

Minato

Pros

• Can likely figure out GV’s offensive gist quickly (immediately figured out Kamui), as his main attack is similar to his own
    • GV’s Bolts “Tag” the target before he uses his abilities to electrocute them, much like Minato “Marks” a Target with a Kunai/Hand before he uses his abilities to teleport to them. He can likely connect the two.
  • Likely more skilled in hand to hand
  • Guiding Thunder can help him defend against any of GV's bigger skills, such as Luxcalibur, though it might be harder to deal with his non linear Voltaic Chains and Astrasphere
  • Flying Raijin
    • Once he sets up his Kunai field (which he starts with) and places a Seal onto Gunvolt, the speed advantage is closed significantly- though since Minato has the speed disadvantage, he can still be hit if Gunvolt predicts his movements.
Cons

• Has to deal with Healing AND Prevasion
  • Gunvolt’s Flashfield, Crashbolt, and Astrasphere counter his melee style, despite the skill gap in hand to hand.
  • Four Crimson Ray Formation… isn’t gonna work without the other Hokage if he plans on using it to trap GV
  • Guiding Thunder requires Hand Seals, not good against rapid fire Bolts

Gunvolt

Pros

• AP
  • Has experience with Minato’s capabilities
    • Many of his enemies teleport in battle like Flying Raijin for hit and run tactics, such as Jota, Teseo, Stratos, and Zonda
      • However, not for melee attacks like Minato
  • Plenty of close range options with wide range like Flashfield and Astrasphere to help in close quarters, regardless of skill, forcing the use of FTG.
  • Can likely figure out the basic mechanics of FTG, which is similar to his Tagging and Flashing tactic.
    • GV’s Bolts “Tag” the target before he uses his abilities to electrocute them, much like Minato “Marks” a Target with a Kunai/Hand before he uses his abilities to teleport to them. He can likely connect the two.
  • Once he tags Minato, his next Flashfield attack homes in, guaranteeing a successful hit.
  • Prevasion is Busted
  • Healing
    • With the AP Gap, having Gunvolt heal all the way back to full health is a major issue.
    • GV already has a good stamina, like Minato
Cons

• Flying Raijin is a huge problem, while he does have the reactionary advantage, Gunvolt is going to have a hard time hitting Minato
  • Guiding Thunder can make GV's attempts to hit with a big move very difficult, in addition to FTG
  • At close range, Gunvolt has a low chance in triumphing in straight on Hand to Hand skill, though the reactionary advantage helps, his best chance it to gain some distance, which is futile against Flying Raijin
  • Should Minato use Reaper Death Seal (the one that goes through Prevasion, Contract Seal only hit Obito because he was blitzed), he dies.
  • No one knows him so he gets FRA Trained

Last edited:
B-bruh...

Well... yeah, there's your explanation for Prevasion... BUT I'LL EXPLAIN IT ANYWAYS

Before anything starts, I'm gonna outline a couple things about Gunvolt and Prevasion, since every time he's in a VS Match (such as against Diavolo) everyone misunderstands his abilities and downplay him, so here I go.

Prevasion is an automatic intangibility defense that turns GV into electrons. It costs part of a resource called EP, the same resource as his Flashfield each time its used to evade an attack, hence "Pre"vasion. By default, he's practically unhittable. As for EP, that resource is rechargable, either on its own, or manually by Gunvolt himself. If he chooses the latter, all of his EP is instantly restored to its absolute max. Combine this with Prevasion, and Gunvolt can stall out anyone if he really wanted to. In character however, Gunvolt does not rely on Prevasion and actively tries to dodge attacks, but would also want to make sure that his EP is topped. Prevasion is disabled when Gunvolt uses his Flashfield, his main attack.

When he is out of EP, he goes into Overheat state, for a second or two, he becomes vulnerable and cannot use his Flashfield or Prevasion, making him vulnerable to any normal attack. However, in character, Gunvolt tries to keep his EP at full at all times via instant recharge and Split Second if needed, the both being spammable

As well, he can't use Prevasion and Flashfield at the same time.

D-do.... do I count Xmark's vote...? (guess I do until we decide if it should stay on ig)

Last edited:
This is a stomp either way, I was gonna point out how I don't see the need to restrict minato to his weakest key but I realized his stronger forms has low-godly. Anyways. this is a stomp cause of three major factors, From what I can read prevasion is BS and Minato will have a really hard time hitting him, on top of that though he's at an AP disadvantage PLUS Gunvolt can heal himself which seals the deal. You can't restrict prevasion or FTG either since abilities that don't go out of tier can't be restricted. And if you use the later keys of minato he just stomps due to being an edo tensei

Actually, Gunvolt does fight exactly the same with or without Prevasion, and Prevasion is done via equipment instead of his actual ability set, so it can be disabled (I asked a mod about it)

Literally the same lmao. He always relies on his Flashfield and dodging ability more than his OP Prevasion because he's careful like that.

Well I know very little about Azure so imma wait for arguments before I give a vote. Just wanna note that Minato's reactions aren't just 0.28c. He massively upscales from that value. Minato's reactions>Juubidara>>Rinnegan SM Madara>Blind SM Madara>Edo Madara=0.28c

this is Alive Minato tho not the guy in the war, wait edo tensei might guy fight eeee

Also, any thoughts on disabling Prevasion? I kinda have faith that he'd just FTG without it

Yeah probably just disable Prevasion.

As for the match itself, I'm heavily leaning towards GV. His massive AP advantage and technical speed and reactions advantage + healing really gives him a huge advantage here.

Alright, disabling Prevasion, do Naruto fans think any other rule changes are needed?
Wait a sec I just realized the OP is incorrect. Minato doesn't upscale from 10 megatons, he upscales from 33 megatons. Minato>Orochimaru~Jiraiya>100% Kisame~33 megatons. And in speed Minato>V2 Ay>V1 Ay~eKCM Naruto~/>Mach 11,125

Count my vote for AS for now. Apparently he has almost a 6x speed advantage.
I'd say realistically it's a much smaller advantage. Cause BoS 6GG is far more than Mach 11,125 (1st Gate Guy is 5x faster than Base, 6th Gate is exponentially faster than that). And any form of KCM Naruto is DEFINITELY faster than that (30% Kisame could at least perceive 6GG while KCM Naruto completely blitzed 100% Kisame).
14.jpg
15.jpg

19.jpg
20.jpg

V1 Ay if anything was slightly outpacing Naruto which is supported by the databook saying he could overtake Naruto.
main-qimg-2f811061a83031abaa1e07a271ece880-lq

Then V2 Ay is so much faster than V1 Ay that he can perception blitz MS Sasuke despite 3T Sasuke reacting to V1 Ay.
1.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg

15.jpg

And even the Jonin Minato that fought Ay is faster than him, letalone Hokage Minato or SM Minato.
main-qimg-9b6761da8f154cb9e9ae83b7853af24f

So a more accurate chain would be SM Minato>Hokage Minato>Jonin Minato>V2 Ay>>V1 Ay~>eKCM Naruto>>BoS 6th Gate Guy>>Mach 11,125

Last edited:
"scaling to Juubidara"

Shit

I gave GV the speed advantage because that's the only way he doesn't get FTG Blitzed man

Also didn't know Jiraya is superior to Kisame, unless you count the Part 1 Statement

With the new scaling I want my Prevasion back

Last edited:
"scaling to Juubidara"

Shit

I gave GV the speed advantage because that's the only way he doesn't get FTG Blitzed man

Also didn't know Jiraya is superior to Kisame, unless you count the Part 1 Statement

With the new scaling I want my Prevasion back
Only in reactions tho.

Ya it's on Jiraiya's profile.

I mean GV does still have the AP and speed advantage.

I'm still voting for AS, he still has a really good speed advantage and reactions, and also has his AP advantage, which isn't much, but it's still a gap nonetheless. He also has a really really solid versatile kit, that should help him counter Minato for the most part.

To OP, it's >33 megatons not ~ but ig it's not much of a difference.
I'm still voting for AS, he still has a really good speed advantage and reactions, and also has his AP advantage, which isn't much, but it's still a gap nonetheless. He also has a really really solid versatile kit, that should help him counter Minato for the most part.
Tbh, it's actually possible Minato has the speed advantage. Given the massive scaling chain, I could see Minato being 5 or 6 times faster than 1st Gate BOS Guy.

AP difference is negligible if anything.

Minato's kit is also very versatile.

Minato's kit hinges upon teleportation, which AS has and far more. AP gap is almost 2x. While it is possible for Minato to have the speed advantage, I'm just going off what's on the profiles. The speed gap is near 6x but Minato is unquantifibly far higher, but definitely not enough to make the gap negligible by any means. AS also has the far higher reaction speed.

Minato’s fighting style revolves around non-elemental melee teleportation. It’s unlikely he’ll switch to long range since… we’ll we never seen him ever do that except that one dream I had where he was spamming fireball jutsu

Also GV has stamina

Last edited:
Even being nice, say, giving the upscale a 50% boost (50 Megas), that’s 10% Weaker

GV can also up his AP and Dura with Septimal Surge and Shield, which technically puts him up to Mountain Level, but Minato has Sage Mode

I just wonder how the heck is GV gonna catch Minato, sure he is technically faster so he can react better than Minato can in a way but man FTG is just so good

I guess he can outstamina but then again Minato deflected an entire TAiLeD BEaST BoMB, fought Obito, Slammed an entire toad on Nine Tails, Sealed HaLF ItS ChAKRa into his B O D Y, then put the rest in a BAbY and still had enough time to get himself stabbed by a giant toothpick and complete the seal in one night.

GV has fought all of the Sumeragi Seven, Copen, Nova and survived a killing blow from Asimov all on one night too... So I guess it's comparable, healing obviously bolsters that too

Last edited:
Minato's kit hinges upon teleportation, which AS has and far more. AP gap is almost 2x. While it is possible for Minato to have the speed advantage, I'm just going off what's on the profiles. The speed gap is near 6x but Minato is unquantifibly far higher, but definitely not enough to make the gap negligible by any means. AS also has the far higher reaction speed.
What is his teleportation like?

Minato's AP could be greater with SM.

At the absolute best, I could see GV having a 3-4x speed advantage. Dedinitely not 5 or 6.

You could sorta quantify it by saying 30% Kisame and Base Guy are relativish in speed, and Kisame could somewhat react to 6GG who's more than 5x faster. Yet MS Sasuke couldn't react to V2 Ay. So you could infer that V2 Ay and by extension Minato are more than 5x faster than 6th Gate Guy.

Does he really? The difference between Edo Madara (0.28c) and GV's reactions is like 3.5x. Juubidara is far far far faster than Edo Madara, and Minato could still react to him pretty casually with no arms which nerfs his physical energy and chakra. GV does have the reaction advantage, but it's not massive.
Even being nice, say, giving the upscale a 50% boost (50 Megas), that’s 10% Weaker

GV can also up his AP and Dura with Septimal Surge and Shield, which technically puts him up to Mountain Level, but Minato has Sage Mode

I just wonder how the heck is GV gonna catch Minato, sure he is technically faster so he can react better than Minato can in a way but man FTG is just so good

I guess he can outstamina but then again Minato deflected an entire TAiLeD BEaST BoMB, fought Obito, Slammed an entire toad on Nine Tails, Sealed HaLF ItS ChAKRa into his B O D Y, then put the rest in a BAbY and still had enough time to get himself stabbed by a giant toothpick and complete the seal in one night.

GV has fought all of the Sumeragi Seven, Copen, Nova and survived a killing blow from Asimov all on one night too... So I guess it's comparable, healing obviously bolsters that too
You forgot that Minato also spent several hours supressing Kurama during childbirth.
main-qimg-b6d9700b4b96541659ec3092794fc4c8-lq
main-qimg-345bc09523e599c7c550125183217088-lq

Well then, yeah, they're definitely on the same level of stamina then. GV also survived a place hot enough for people to just drop in mere moments, so yeah, they gotta be similar. However Healing massively helps in the stamina department

Well then, yeah, they're definitely on the same level of stamina then. GV also survived a place hot enough for people to just drop in mere moments, so yeah, they gotta be similar. However Healing massively helps in the stamina department
I think that feat's just durability, not stamina.

Healing is related to but not the same as stamina.

(Also again, >33 megatons)

I think that feat's just durability, not stamina.

Healing is related to but not the same as stamina.

(Also again, >33 megatons)
Nah like, it was through like... A really hot room. And he's just waltzing in. Like imagine a really hot sunny day but you instantly faint from the heat. The sun didn't like, punch or anything you just collapsed from the heat

Also I guess the >33 eeee

Anyways GV does have teleportation on a technical level (Blade, the person with his same Septima Inductors can teleport from seemingly far distances out of nowhere), but he never used it himself in combat. He showcased it in a crossover fighting game 'Blade Strangers" but that's about it. I'm pretty sure Nierre meant GV has counters to it like Flashfield which pretty much nulls any close quater attempt, unless Minato wants to risk getting hit for a swipe at GV, in which GV can still dodge

Wouldn't Sage mode give minato the ability to sense attacks just like sage mode naruto does? (He should be at least an equal to Naruto in sage mode, most likely better) That should help him with the already negligible speed advantage GV has.
Nah like, it was through like... A really hot room. And he's just waltzing in. Like imagine a really hot sunny day but you instantly faint from the heat. The sun didn't like, punch or anything you just collapsed from the heat
That isn't stamina like sparkle said.

idk how it's not a stamina feat e

Sage Mode sensing is a good point though, but it'll only be a defensive measure since that Flashfield is omnidirectional. Plus Sage Mode may be difficult to engage due to the need of standing still and such, a play he's not that great at it

Highly doubt he's using Sage Mode here, since it's really hard for him to build up nature chakra.

That is a stamina feat.

If there was a competition on who can stand in a hot room for 24 hours, it's a competition of stamina, not AP.
If he wasn't getting damaged at all then he just resisted the heat. If it was stamina he'd be affected by the heat but would be powering through it regardless.

Stamina and heat resistance can most definitely go hand in hand. They aren't mutually exclusive.

Back