• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Boa Hancock VS Gunvolt

I don't need too as it's already on her profile and that is how one piece profiles are done, instead of clunking it up with the same abilities making it messy it's linked back to the haki page and their profile states if they have it and what level of usage they have with it.

No as she hasn't explicitly shown to use observation haki (non mentioned displays are harder to determine compared to Armament) but that doesn't dismiss the fact she has it.

Instead of trying to argue away the ability maybe you should argue how it would effect the battle or how gunvolt would counter it. (Sorry if this comes off as rude)

She has it and like all observation haki users uses it in combat, the exception shouldn't be made with Hancock just because you don't have an argument to counter precognition in this thread.

I'd like to hear the arguement for why "she clearly doesn't use it". Does the fact Whitebeard not being explicitly stated to use it mean he can't/wouldn't? Does this also apply to Marco as well?

Don't need to, it's an application of observation haki and as such she can use precog, characters with weaker observation that had just unlocked it were able to use precog, telepathy and Extrasensory perception just after unlocking it with no actual mastery/training. Luffy's first usage of observation (subconscious) was precog.

This doesn't require feats as it's an application of observation that even novices can use.

We don't even know her level of haki. It can be practically useless at a lower level, and with GV Kiting the **** out of her with an AP advantage and resistance to petrification, I see this as a descisive victory for him.

GV FRA.

If we don't see her use it, it's probably not in character

If it's not in character, then she won't use it in a blind 1v1 fight

If she won't use it in a blind 1v1 fight, then she won't use it here

How hard is this to understand?

She's as likely to use precog as Gunvolt is to use his ability to manipulate electricity to shut off the currents in her brain.

Being honest, Hancock hasn't shown Haki. But she should totally scale to Sandersonia who can very well use the precognitive powers from Haki.

She hasn't needed to use it =\= she doesn't use it in character.

Again the majority of characters with observation haki besides the strawhats (to show them off) or Katakuri and a few others don't have explicit showings of observation as it's a waste of time when the audience can be told they have observation and leave it at that.

Whitebeard is only confirmed to have observation haki, that doesn't mean he doesn't use it in character...

Hancock shouldn't have weaker observation haki than her sisters who are both inferior and younger than her.

He hasn't needed to use it =\= He doesn't use it in character.

Again the majority of Azure Strikers besides Blade and a few others don't have explicit showings of turning off someone's brain currents as it's a waste of time when the audience can be told they have electricity manipulatoin and leave it at that.

Asimov is only confirmed to have electricity manipulation, that doesn't mean he doesn't use it in character...

Gunvolt shouldn't have weaker septima than other adepts who are both inferior and weaker than him.

I still vote for Hancock. GV's AP advantage is negged and I dare to say Hancock is stronger than him. His limited resistance doesn't make her petrification less effective especially when it's very in-character to smash the stone to pieces.

How "teenager" is Gunvolt when related to women? Hancock would surely take advantage of her charms to distract him.

If you're going give Boa abilities she's never been shown to use, why shouldn't I do the same for Gunvolt?

Tell me. What's stopping Gunvolt from just shutting off her brain?

Not quite the same, I think.

Hancock does have Haki. One of the few users of the three types, in fact.

Oda doesn't depict Precognition in too many particular ways except when it's explicitly stated/the character faces Danmaku with ease/the character is looking into the future.

By scaling she's Proficient with it, but I don't rely on it to say she takes this anyway. Her skill and powers are enough.

Idk make that argument if you want too as I'm not knowledgeable on Azure strikers, but this is an observation haki standard that is used as it's self explanatory in the series.

Hancock should be proficient with her armament anyways considering she can use hardening haki on her snake + projectiles, so she can get stat amps from that.

Azure Strikers can manipulate electrical currents. The brain uses electric currents. If you're going to say that Boa uses Precog IC just because she has it despite her never using it in the series, then I'll do the same by saying Gunvolt can just shut of somebody's brain and does so in character.

Now, tell me, how does Boa counter her brain being shut off from a distance?

I also have to add that Haki is passive as long as the user stays calm (And I think that only applies to Future Sight, just look at Koby awakening Haki).

You're issue is unfound as it isn't that Hancock doesn't use precognition in character it's that she hasn't been explicitly shown using it since all observation techniques are hard to display like calaca said. so not the same thing.

I can provide scans of zoro and luffy who used observation unconciously for the first time which shows them using precogntion? although i doubt that's enough for you to care considering you didn't even know what observation was until it was brought up and explained...

It is because the cases are precogntion, it's explcitily stated to be seeing into the future when attributed to observation haki. And i'm aware i did but holy shit you're argueing for something you know nothing about and making assumptions just to disprove it.

What Calaca was referring to when Observation can be used passively (although this was to Coby's determent) and two users who literally just used it for the first time.

Again if you have an issue create a CRT, stop applying assumptions to things that are already accepted.

Back