• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Quick intro, this doesn't actually change any of their actual tiers for speed, more so just an additional speed calc to add further consistency to their current FTL ratings.

Another quick thing to get out of the way before anyone bellyaches about it. This new Reiokyu-Seireitei distance calc uses information not discussed in the prior threads involving this calc (I checked). Therefore, I am not breaking any discussion rules.

TLDR: Grimmjow is stated to have travel speed = Candice's lightning bolts, which are cloud-to-ground lightning and accepted as 4.4e5 m/s. TS Ichigo having travel speeds at least comparable to Grimmjow isn't a debate. So, there you go, stated travel speed + given time frame = easy distance.

The only things that change because of this are: Yhwach gets FTL+ attack speed with Auswahlen and Mimihagi-Absorbed Yhwach gets FTL combat speed.

Additionally, Dangai Ichigo and God Aizen needs to lose their Rel+ to SoL rating and Mugetsu needs to lose the "comparable to TS Ichigo" justification, considering we no longer accept TS Ichigo = Post-Dangai/Mugetsu. Dangai Ichigo and God Aizen's speeds would go to At least Sub-Rel, likely far higher for being massively faster than before. This should've been rectified in the recent God Tier thread but was overlooked, thus I'm including it here.

Also Ichigo blitzed transcendent aizen across a city far into the mountains before he could even react

And we know aizens reaction speed is wayy above lighting at that point and this is a much weaker ichigo making his travel speed way above lighting.

Last edited:
Disagree with the Dangai thing. Both should still scale to at least Hikone's feat for the virtue of being transcendent.

Disagree with the Dangai thing. Both should still scale to at least Hikone's feat for the virtue of being transcendent.
I don’t think we ever truly discussed and accepted this as a solid justification, and we mainly went off scaling TS Ichigo to Dangai, because previously we never scaled Fourth Fusion above Hikone for being transcendent.

Regardless that’s a whole separate thread, I’m saying the current reflected justifications for God Aizen and Dangai Ichigo are wrong based on what we accept. That part is less of me arguing sumn, and more me saying they need to reflect the change we made last thread.

Id entertain the discussion around “assigning a tier to transcendence” more but this thread isn’t the thread for that.

I don’t think we ever truly discussed and accepted this as a solid justification, and we mainly went off scaling TS Ichigo to Dangai, because previously we never scaled Fourth Fusion above Hikone for being transcendent.

Regardless that’s a whole separate thread, I’m saying the current reflected justifications for God Aizen and Dangai Ichigo are wrong based on what we accept. That part is less of me arguing sumn, and more me saying they need to reflect the change we made last thread.

Id entertain the discussion around “assigning a tier to transcendence” more but this thread isn’t the thread for that.
I also agree there should also be a separate thread lol

Yeah lol if y’all wanna go and upgrade Dangai Ichigo and God Aizen above Hikone go for it, but they only had that scaling previously because we used to say TS Ichigo = Dangai Ichigo.

Agree with this, and neutral for dangai issues. I thought 5 seconds for darkness Yhwach would be fine to used, considering it happened pretty fast. but since I'm not CGM, so it's up to CGM to decide.

I don't see really why we should make a separate thread for that, it's not like it's a very complicated thing. But whatever, another thing added for a CRT that would likely only happen in the far future.

About the main subject of this CRT, I don't really see a problem with it. Didn't even think of using that statement from Grimmjow for this lol.

I don't see really why we should make a separate thread for that, it's not like it's a very complicated thing. But whatever, another thing added for a CRT that would likely only happen in the far future.
Naw I just want the main focus of this CRT to be the calc. I brought the stuff about Dangai Ichigo up because his justification don’t reflect what we accept atm.

About the main subject of this CRT, I don't really see a problem with it. Didn't even think of using that statement from Grimmjow for this lol.
I didn’t either until recently when Damage made the LN speed CRT, brought some LN speed statements to my attention.

I remember bringing up using Gin or Ichigo blitzing Candice’ and her lightning (along with half a dozen other methods) for the distance but was told no smh.

Agree with the distance stuff.

I remember bringing up using Gin or Ichigo blitzing Candice’ and her lightning (along with half a dozen other methods) for the distance but was told no smh.
The difference here is that we have a statement for lightning speed travel speed which is far more concrete than saying lightning speed combat speed ~ travel speed.

@Arc7Kuroi so should there be a separate thread for this feat then?
I’d have to examine the feat and make sure it’s consistent with the characters portrayed speeds in CFYOW.

How long did Grimmjow actually travel with that travel speed?

I need to reread the scene but it was a decent distance because I want to say Mayuri observed him running before the combatants did.

Last edited:
I need to reread the scene but it was a decent distance because I want to say Mayuri observed him running before the combatants did.
A decent distance in lightning speed can be less than 1 second of actual travel.

A decent distance in lightning speed can be less than 1 second of actual travel.
Keep in mind these characters can run on devices designed to drain stamina for 5 days and nights in a row. They also commonly use combat movement techniques (Shunpo, Sonido, Bringer Light, etc) to travel.

Last edited:
Keep in mind these characters can run on devices designed to drain stamina for 5 days and nights in a row. They also commonly use combat movement techniques (Shunpo, Sonido, Bringer Light, etc) to travel.
Trust me, this whole stamina and non stop traveling thing is gonna be one of the hardest things to prove when it’s easily provable lmao.

I mean, it's one thing to run a long time and another to run a long time at top speed or even close to top speed. Usain Bolt can probably finish a marathon, but he can't do it while maintaining anything close to his 100m world record sprinting speed.

I mean, it's one thing to run a long time and another to run a long time at top speed or even close to top speed. Usain Bolt can probably finish a marathon, but he can't do it while maintaining anything close to his 100m world record sprinting speed.
Ichigo right after coming back from the soul Palace still had enough speed to perception blizt like 3 sternritters so he had to be moving faster than lighting the whole distance

when it gets animated im almost certain blitzing the femritter girls was thru shunpo movement no?

when it gets animated im almost certain blitzing the femritter girls was thru shunpo movement no?

Probably not cause shunpo is used for short distances we see ichigo blitz them from a city block and we also see dangai ichigo move across a town far into the mountains casually.

Yeah I’m not proposing Ichigo is going at his top speed, this would be a casual travel speed for Ichigo.

Ichigo has never shown the ability to do long distance shunpo. He's always shown using it short distances

i mean if you really want it as supporting evidence for casual TS ichigo by all means, but when it gets animated i highly doubt its gonna be him blitzing and leaping past them to zaraki as oppose to him just using shunpo.

@Arc7Kuroi, yeah.. considering Ginjo praises Grimmjow for his lightning speed and calls Candice’s arrows slow the soul king eyeball feat wouldn’t be consistent at all with the speeds portrayed in CFYOW. Which would also mean any speed feat calced above lightning speed for non god tier characters would be an outlier too

Last edited:
Back