• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach Bankai General Discussion 16

Shouldnt shunsui, ukitake and unohanas speed be on the same level? Also, in SS arc, shunsui and ukitake togther kept up with yamamoto. So how are they not comparable in terms of speed? Also, wouldnt unohana scale to base gremmy? After all both faught against base zaraki and lost casually.

We're still discussing which end of a calc to use, but yes they would all have the same speed. Not sure on the second part of your question.

I agree and disagree on the Shunsui and Juushiro scaling to Yama since while they both kept up with him, base Aizen completely blitzed the same Shunsui but didnt against Yama who he was refusing to face in a straight fight at every turn.

The reasoning for Unohana scaling to Gremmy there is awful since both getting stomped by someone would not make them scale at all. Thats like saying since Aizen stomped both Shunsui and Toshiro just as easily, they should scale to each other. She definitely scales, just not for what you said.

Zezu1995 said:
it has nothing to do with new feats .. people starting to notice the low ball and bias that meteorite downgrade topic did wonders their AP got lowered a bit (till espadas) but it opened so much more topics
Wait, isnt Ichigo's feat a newely discovered one?

Did Ichigo lose only his shinigami powers after using Mugetsu, or did he lose all of his powers (quincy, hollow)?

W0NDER3X said:
Did Ichigo lose only his shinigami powers after using Mugetsu, or did he lose all of his powers (quincy, hollow)?
I think they made it very clear that it was his Shinigami since he didn't lose his Hollow Powers as they became Fullbring

Mugetsu was a state he attained by reaching the pinnacle of his combined 3 powers without having fully utilized his Quincy power or Shinigami power for that matter (as Zangetsu states post-timeskip, it was to protect Ichigo since the awakening of his Quincy power would directly endanger him due to Yhwach's existence, and as Oetsu points out Ichigo never embraced what it was to be a Shinigami and imprint upon one's Asauchi fully, he simply 'borrowed' Zangetsu).

My claim is backed up by the fact of Hollow Ichigo fusing with Zangetsu's Bankai state in Ichigo's Inner World, and Ichigo subjugating the fusion created Mugetsu.

He then proceeded to 'lose' all of those powers; however, due to his latent Quincy/Shinigami power never being truly awakened, the Reishi Sword that Urahara created was able to 'kick-start' his powers back to being active, bringing him back to peak power, and then again he was fully awakened when he imprinted upon his Asauchi directly and gained Zangetsu's trust to unlock his Quincy potential.

Hopefully this clears things up!

W0NDER3X said:
he lost his spirtual perception

im pretty sure that means he lost everything he had, not only his S powers

MetalGearRaiden said:
he lost his spirtual perception

im pretty sure that means he lost everything he had, not only his S powers
He still had latent, trainable Hollow powers due to having a shard of the Soul King (Fullbringers) within him. He lost the overt connection to his Hollow power but it was able to be drawn back out into a semblance of what he once possessed. The Quincy and Shinigami powers were all but lost for reasons I point out above

Iapitus The Impaler said:
What would y'all think about a potential profile for prime soul King?
IMade is already going to be making a thread on that and one for Yhwach (Soul King Absorbed) once the novels are fully complete, iirc

Correct; a Prime Soul King would, by definition, be constituted of each of the parts that make up his existence, thus he would innately have all of Mimihagi's power, Gerard's power, Pernida's power, Yhwach's power (as I recall the novel attributed The Almighty to the Soul King originally, may have to do a re-read for sure though).

Wouldn't Prime Soul King have Aura's and Gremmy's powers as well? The Chain of the Soul King, and the Brain of the Soul King? What about the Nail of the Soul King which was inside Matsumoto and feat to the Hogyoku?

Indeed he would, Apple. I'm merely holding off on stating that as fact until the novels finish fully. The Yhwach claim is fine from manga only due to Yhwachs claim of birthright and inherited power and the like imho.

But yes I fully agree. Prime Soul King, in theory after the novels, would likely be, in essence, Composite Bleach given form. I wont speculate on tier until taking in all evidence again however

W0NDER3X said:
Hmmm, wasnt there something in the manga or novels about Mimihagi being acausal?
Yes, he governs stagnation, the king of the soul is also unaffected by the almighty, people say that this only refers to precognition but I disagree, since Yhwach says that his almighty does not work in the king of souls .

^ I don't seem to understand what he did there. Are those stars that make his face?

Ovy7 said:
^ I don't seem to understand what he did there. Are those stars that make his face?
I think its a planet. Notice how the top of his head looks like a planet's atmosphere.

M11UTD said:
Was it confirmed that Gremmy is the Soul King's brain?
Not directly.

• A piece of Rei-o was found by Tokinada on the battlefield.
  • That piece was used to hold all the parts; Shinigami, Quincy, and Hollow that make Hikone.
  • Gremmy's brain was used to make Hikone by Aura.
  • Liltotto believed that Gremmy was Hikone.
  • Ancient Hollow went for the Soul King piece inside Hikone and went for her head.
I don't remember if something else was imply.

Not directly.

• That piece was used to hold all the parts; Shinigami, Quincy, and Hollow that make Hikone.
  • Ancient Hollow went for the Soul King piece inside Hikone and went for her head.

When Hikone woke up he had memories of being trapped or something iirc (will check again) So its either memory of the Soul king when he was mutilated and trapped or i dunno

AppleLord said:
Wouldn't Prime Soul King have Aura's and Gremmy's powers as well? The Chain of the Soul King, and the Brain of the Soul King? What about the Nail of the Soul King which was inside Matsumoto and feat to the Hogyoku?
Soul King was said to have innumerable abilities like Fullbringers (all fullbringer have his shard as revealed in novel), so not just Aura's ability also add Tsukishima and Yukio for example added with his own ver. of The Almighty and the basic abilites of all races on steroids

Not directly.

When Hikone woke up he had memories of being trapped or something iirc (will check again) So its either memory of the Soul king when he was mutilated and trapped or i dunno

Yhwach did sealed Gremmy in a cage, so that's another direct confirmation.

Question.

Should acausality really stop the Almighty? Mimihagi is the embodiment of Stagnation and thus Almighty doesn't work on Mimihagi. Yhwach absorbed Mimihagi's powers of Stagnation to become immune to Almighty but he is still able to use Almighty on himself to come back to life. It's odd.

AppleLord said:
Question.
Should acausality really stop the Almighty? Mimihagi is the embodiment of Stagnation and thus Almighty doesn't work on Mimihagi. Yhwach absorbed Mimihagi's powers of Stagnation to become immune to Almighty but he is still able to use Almighty on himself to come back to life. It's odd.
he also was able to see his own future even after absorbing mimihagi

@Apple

Type 2: Temporal Singularity: Characters with this type of Acausality do not exist in either the past or the future, only the present. This means they cannot be affected by changes to the past, while also making them resistant to Precognition that works by viewing the future, as they do not exist within it, and Fate Manipulation, for the same reason. In essence, they are able to choose their own fates, but they remain just as vulnerable at the point in time in which they do exist.

I believe Acausality type 2 and 4 can be applied to it, although I find it difficult even to accept type 2. Type 4 I'm a bit skeptical, since King-o has shown to resist Orihime's causal manipulation but not no explanation was given as to why he resisted.

Back