• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach Bankai General Discussion Thread 27

An important question brought up in reddit recently, do shinigami need oxygen?

Hueco Mundo doesn't have trees to produce oxygen.

Kenpachi couldn't breather underwater or in space.

Does Shinigami breather reishi oxygen or not?

I don't know, but it's pretty inconsistent given that there are multiple times where Shinigami theoretically breathe where there shouldn't be any oxygen present.

The Kenpachi thing shouldn't really be used as a counter argument though, given that he wasn't aware he was going to be cast into space and it kinda just instantly happened, it's different to say somebody flying from the planet to space, because they're prepared for it, and there's more to surviving in space than just breathing anyway.

I did notice one of the comments on that reddit thread said, "Keep in mind that these things may have only affected Zaraki because Gremmy imagined that they would." Which is at the very least plausible given that Gremmy was imagining Kenpachi drowning and suffocating in space.

Having said that, given that I don't remember any concrete evidence to say otherwise, it's likely that they can't breath in space.

Purgy said:
Damage won't accept that, a lot of the ratings are things he was specifically arguing against in the revision thread.
Everything he argued against, is like this, like Sui Feng, Shunsui, Nanao and Lille from the war all are Relativistic

USklaverei said:
Purgy said:
Damage won't accept that, a lot of the ratings are things he was specifically arguing against in the revision thread.
Everything he argued against, is like this, like Sui Feng, Shunsui, Nanao and Lille from the war all are Relativistic
Oh he will complain alright if you solved what he had problems with he will look for another in my opinion

Doesn't Ichibei lived in the primordial universe before everything was be made by the Reio? It should mean that he doesn't need Oxygen

I was going to say that, but I couldn't remember if Ichibe existed after SK made the worlds or before. My memory of the Novel's isn't as great as I'd like unfortunately.

MetalGearRaiden said:
wow,dwarf star level Mimihagi

damage will not like this 100%
Well, I'm not the only person who won't like it.

USklaverei said:
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User:USklaverei/Scaled
This is the scale based on what Damage said I believe, I modified some things, but if someone finds it wrong and wants to modify it, they can feel free
Well, it's better than what it was before, yeah. But as you may have guessed I think there are still some issues with it, like Bazz-B's base self being FTL for example.

Is it me or is Damage's name font size smaller now?

On topic, time to go find where we discussed Bazz and the speed before.

AppleLord said:
Bazz vs Shikai Renji is a thing.
He fought Renji with his Vollstandig.

As for Toshiro, I doubt that Shikai Toshiro after training became FTL. His fight against Gerard took place much later in the arc and was primarily in Bankai.

Damage3245 said:
As for Toshiro, I doubt that Shikai Toshiro after training became FTL. His fight against Gerard took place much later in the arc and was primarily in Bankai.
Much later you mean in chapters?cause if we are speaking about the timeline,both fights happen in the same day

It is not possible to know the depth of Muken in relation to SS, moreover, I believe that the majority agrees that the quote of being infinite is hyperbole.

USklaverei said:
It is not possible to know the depth of Muken in relation to SS, moreover, I believe that the majority agrees that the quote of being infinite is hyperbole.
I wasn't being entirely serious.

It would be considered a hyperbole in the case of Yhwach and the others, but for the SK, I don't think so.

USklaverei said:
If it is hyperbole for one, it is for everyone, there is no being for one and not for the other.
I disagree, something that's considered a hyperbole in relation to Yhwach and Ichigo, shouldn't be considered as such for the SK. But given that it'll never be accepted, it's pointless to argue otherwise.

Back