• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach Bankai General Discussion 14

AppleLord said:
Hisagi's Bankai is his own personal Infinite Tsukuyimi made out of chains with a black sun sphere that he created. (The chain is his Zanpakutou not the swords, and people who don't control their reiatsu will get Zanpakutou the size of skyscrapers.)

Hisagi should had fought The Almighty.
**** I need to catch up with the novel

The Zanpakuto are canon but the events of the anime they were in are not. Its like with the Valley of Screams, they are a canon thing/place but Memories of Nobody and the events in it are not canon.

AnonymousBlank said:
The Zanpakuto are canon but the events of the anime they were in are not. Its like with the Valley of Screams, they are a canon thing/place but Memories of Nobody and the events in it are not canon.
I understand what is being said, but my question is why wouldn't those events be canon?

Was the concept re-introduced to the franchise like Broly in Dragon Ball?

Or is it just because the timeline doesn't make any sense if you include the filler arcs form the anime?

If that's the reason, then I think that logic is kind of flimsy, since plot holes are a thing that exists and they don't just invalidate works from being canon.

Yeah it's kinda like Broly being reintroduced in DBS with a different backstory and stuff.

Muramasa is now reintroduced as an inheritable zanpakuto like Nanao's Shinken Hakkyoken and it belongs to one of the five noble families rather than it being Koga's personal zanpakuto.

Arazome Shigure was mentioned by Shinji to have existed. But he wasn't part of the Reigai arc which means he must've seen someone who has this zanpakuto when he was still part of Soul Society.

Timeline makes no sense for the Zan Rebellion arc. The Reigai Invasion is possible but we would need to talk more on it to see if there are any discrepancies.

AnonymousBlank said:
Timeline makes no sense for the Zan Rebellion arc. The Reigai Invasion is possible but we would need to talk more on it to see if there are any discrepancies.
Again, I find the "timeline makes no sense tho" argument flimsy.

To bring up another Dragon Ball example (since it is the one series I know literally almost everything about), at the start Red Ribbon Army Saga, Goku goes on his second quest to find the Dragon Balls, however, only eight months have passed since a wish was made on the Dragon Balls - meaning that the Dragon Balls should be stone by the time Goku goes out to search for them, but they aren't.

Does this invalidate the Red Ribbon Army Saga from being canon? No, it doesn't - despite its impossible place in the timeline, it exists and it is canon, and nothing changes that.

Now if it was reintroduced as Peter said, then that's different.

Think of it like this (can't believe I am saying this)

In Naruto, there is an arc for one of the 7 ninja swords, Kiba. This is an anime only arc and thus non canon but during the 4th War arc when the 7 Ninja Swordsmen were summoned as Edo Tensei, the sword Kiba was introduced as canon but the events of the arc it was introduced in is not.

And if an arc that is not from the source material does not fit timeline wise, then it obviously can;t be canon. The Zan Rebellion arc (along with basically every filler Bleach arc), does not even fit within the anime's timeline, let alone the manga (canon).

AnonymousBlank said:
Think of it like this (can't believe I am saying this)
In Naruto, there is an arc for one of the 7 ninja swords, Kiba. This is an anime only arc and thus non canon but during the 4th War arc when the 7 Ninja Swordsmen were summoned as Edo Tensei, the sword Kiba was introduced as canon but the events of the arc it was introduced in is not.

And if an arc that is not from the source material does not fit timeline wise, then it obviously can;t be canon. The Zan Rebellion arc (along with basically every filler Bleach arc), does not even fit within the anime's timeline, let alone the manga (canon).
Again, an author reintroducing a concept that originated from filler is one thing, and that's understandable.

But saying something isn't canon because it doesn't fit in the timeline is another thing, and IMO, it isn't a viable reason to say whether or not something is or isn't canon. If added on top of a multitude of other reasons, sure it makes sense - but if it is the only reason as to if something is or is not canon, then I'd disagree.

I am not saying that's the case here, I am speaking generally.

It isn't canon when nothing from canon validates its canonicity. Elements from them have been reintroduced to canon but like you said, that is a different thing. The only argument that can be made for the filler arcs being canon is that they don't contradict the timeline which the vast majority of them do.

Nope. An event of said arc or movie has to be mentioned to make it canon. A "family" can mean anything, we don't know if they are the same characters. If they had mentioned someone's name and an event that happened then it would be canon.

About Hellverse movie, didnt Yamamoto state that the gates of Hell are indestructible? IIRC, Ichigo destroyed them with a cero. Doesnt that make him high 6-A in his non canon FH mode?

Base Yamamoto >>> Nanao

Base Aizen >>> Base Grimmjow

Base Yhwach >>> Kid Bazz-B

Captains >>>>>> Hollows (They get vaporized.)

Muken Aizen >>>> Kido Corp ShikShini (They he vaporized.)

Its not based on the AP difference though but the difference in reiatsu. Yes, in Bleach more of one correlates with more of the other but its a result of them flexing their aura (reiatsu) so you would need to resist that rather than have comparable AP.

AnonymousBlank said:
Its not based on the AP difference though but the difference in reiatsu. Yes, in Bleach more of one correlates with more of the other but its a result of them flexing their aura (reiatsu) so you would need to resist that rather than have comparable AP.
Would they be able to destroy a somewhat weaker servant with their flexing?

Can someone please post Grim, Nel and Hallibel from the novels. I believe there was an illustration somewhere.

For those of you BBS players, what are your priorities in the new characters coming out?

For me it's SE Tier & Nelliel > Hikone > Tokinada & SE Grimmjow

Back