• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach Bankai General Discussion 14

So I've been rereading some of the TYBW chapters and now I've just finished the Gerard fight. And I am pretty sure Post-Royal Guard Training Bankai Byakuya blocking Volstanding 2nd Form Gerard's hand is an outlier. Both him and his bankai were getting no sold and swatted away by God Size Gerard prior to this.

And right now that's the only thing making Byakuya High 6-A. Though I'm pretty sure he should still be High 6-A for being on par with Tokinada who fought Shunsui who fought Yamamoto who should be stronger than Unohana who fought end of Muken Training Base Kenpachi w/o eyepatch.

So tldr if Unohana scaling to Post-Muken eyepatchless Base Kenpachi is accepted than they'll still be High 6-A. If not they won't be High 6-A and they'll just be whatever the new tier after the revision are.

more like Byakuya didn't want to damage Gerard after he knew about his ability, so it was just dodging and blocking.

He tried to distract God Size Gerard with his Bankai so Toshiro could freeze him to the bone but it just got swatted away. So even God Size Gerard is much stronger than Bankai Byakuya. Personally I believe Byakuya is still High 6-A scaling from the senior captains but he's definitely not as high into High 6-A as Adult Toshiro or Shikai Kenpachi. Even the novel has stated that Base Kenpachi is one of the character with reiatsu that is greater than Tokinada who is on par with Byakuya.

we already knew that peter, byakuya was never as strong as kenpachi .. but he do have his white wings mode which he never uses anymore . either way ya he isnt as high as the other two

His current AP justification says he can easily block attacks from Gerard and than it linked a picture of him blocking an attack from Volstanding 2nd form Gerard. But throughout the entire fight he was shown to be even weaker than God Size Gerard as shown when he casually swatted his Bankai aside like nothing. This is also the entire reason for him being High 6-A. So depending on what happens with the scaling between Unohana and Kenpachi, Byakuya might not even be High 6-A anymore.

No. In SAFWY Aizen said Kenpachi and Yamamoto are the only two people in Soul Society that he didn't want to face head on. Which implies that Post-Muken Base Kenpachi might be stronger than Base Aizen.

In CFYOW it's states that Tokinada has reiatsu on par with Post-Royal Guard Training Byakuya and Post-Timeskip Yoruichi. Shunsui was able to fight him but he got one shot by Base Aizen. And later on they even said Base Kenpachi was one of the characters on the battlefield that has reiatsu that's greater than Tokinada's.

And in the TYBW Arc we literally see God Size Gerard who is comparable to Shikai Kenpachi w/o eyepatch swat away Byakuya's Bankai like nothing.

So tldr

Shikai Kenpachi w/o eyepatch >> Post-Royal Guard Training Bankai Byakuya

Base Kenpachi w/o eyepatch >> Post-Royal Guard Training Base/Shikai

slight debunk this chapter byakuya stops geralds hand and before few chapters back he did it the first time after shinji and momo got stompped https://*********.com/Manga/Bleach/Chapter-666?id=281582

Seriously they only mean the heads Nobes family members are born stronger the normal Shinigami and also Byakuya did train to become in this level doesn't mean that they are born this strong lol you need to look closely what this kind false scaling will do to the characters

and in this chapter kjenny base cut off geralds arm, byakuyas bankai should be on par or stronger than his base plus they all talked about how gerald gets stronger if hes hurt so they wasnt real;ly trying to kill him anymore https://*********.com/Manga/Bleach/Chapter-667?id=281583

@Zezu Okay Bankai Byakuya holding back God Size Gerard's hand is a somewhat better justification. But still it's shown that God Size Gerard is much stronger than Bankai Byakuya as he could easily swat away his Bankai so at best that could make him Likely/Possibly High 6-A with Bankai.

Nothing says Bankai Byakuya is comparable to Base Kenpachi so we can't scale them to each other without evidence.

So like I said before right now the only way that Byakuya could stay at High 6-A is if Unohana scaling to Post-Muken Base Kenpachi gets accepted.

thats fine but byakuyya still stopped his hand twice but tbh i refuse to see how kennys base would be stronger than bankai byakuya and having rei with post SP byakuyya base dont mean its the same rei as his 5-10x powered bankai...

plus even tho he was frozen byakuya still had the power to kill him or cause enough damage for a complete body reform buff for gerald

Also Base Kenpachi is constantly shown to be stronger than Bankai Byakuya. Bankai Byakuya couldn't even injure Gerard with his attacks until he was frozen but Adult Toshiro. While Base Kenpachi w/ eyepatch could slice off his arm while he didn't notice him and toss him when he tried to stomp on him.

Toshiro's ice power nulled everything but the Miracle, thats just showing that he can break Toshiro's ice which has no feats of durability.

So yeah like I said the only way Post-Royal Guard Training Byakuya can stay at High 6-A is if Unohana scaling to Post-Muken Base Kenpachi w/o eyepatch is accepted.

ok thans fine but byakuya still held back his hand one after shinji and momo and another in the link i posted so thats twice he should still get the tier anyways i gotta go to work cant go to war today

He was frozen so his body's durability is probably no longer that high into High 6-A. Look I still believe Byakuya is High 6-A scaling from the senior captains but him being High 6-A scaling from Gerard is a no especially when he was constantly shown to be much weaker than said High 6-A.

We won't be changing it now. We'll probably have a huge revision once the novels are over. We'll fix Byakuya's tiering when the revision thread is here.

So for now I guess we'll just leave Byakuya's tier at High 6-A unless somebody else wants to change it to At least 7-A, Likely High 6-A with Bankai for now.

not we can't say that .

byakuya never attempted to damage geralt with his ikka senjinka before in the fight , he only tried to do it with his "baseline bankai" . also , byakuya has been stated trying to kill geralt in one go instead barely injuring him like dumbass kenny .

kenny tossing geralt just prove that kenny has better physical strengh nothing more . unless you want to argue that iba is stronger than byakuya because he can lift big ass rocks while byakuya was never showned to be able to do it ?

to me bankai kenny is a bit above bankai byakuya but not by much

In fact, God-sized Gerard is MUCH superior to Bankai Byakuya, he climbs to Shikai Kenny is kind of meaningless, God-sized Gerard could stop Byakuya with a single hand and leave without even a scratch.

The funniest of all is that Gerard knocked out Rukia and Renji with the blowing hahaahhah

>Bankai Kenpachi only a bit above Bankai Byakuya...

I can't tell if you're serious or not. In SAFWY Base Kenpachi at his peak is implied to be a threat to Base Aizen who could one shot Shunsui who is comparable to Post-Royal Guard Training Byakuya. God Size Gerard who is comparable to Shikai Kenpachi w/o eyepatch also casually swatted away his Bankai without taking any damage which shows that there is a massive difference in power between them. Also neither Toshiro nor Byakuya believed they could take out God Size Gerard by themselves so they suggested teaming up. Which further shows that God Size Gerard >> Bankai Byakuya.

People forgeting Byakuya never used Bankai in the final arc. During his fight with As Nodt Byakuya said he mastered his Shikai to work like his old bankai with his hands.

Byakuya was using his Bankai in the final arc he didn't have his sword hilt. During his fight with As Nodt we see that he still has his sword hilt. In his fight against Gerard he wasn't holding his sword hilt. And during the fight with the other Sternritters he also wasn't holding the hilt which means he was using Bankai in that fight as well. This falls in line with him defeating Volstanding Robert who was able to keep up with Shikai Shunsui in the first invasion. And Shunsui is comparable to Tokinada who is on par with current Byakuya.

Byakuya's sword hilt broke when he was defeated by As Nodt. IIRC he was using his hands when he told As Nodt that he upgraded his shikai which As Nodt confused with Byakuya's bankai.

CCF60603-3335-470A-B6C2-6736E5C09E7D
Vs As Nodt Has sword hilt

39F8CBD3-E406-46CC-8385-4D230CFD9E52
Vs Sternritters Doesn't have sword hilt

12CFB408-B7D0-4ACE-BAA2-25FFC7D7807E
Vs Gerard Doesn't have a sword hilt in his right hand

CD82FA71-CE8F-4488-A12A-8F847BB591EC
Vs Gerard Doesn't have the sword hilt in his left or scabbard either

Also it wouldn't have made sense for Byakuya to defeat some the Sternritters without bankai. One of the sternritters that he defeated was Sternritter N Robert Accutrone the guy that kept up with and shot out Shunsui's eye in the last invasion. And we recently learned in the novel that Shunsui is comparable to Post-Royal Guard Byakuya.

i think the main issue with you peter is that you keep comparing them to post royal BANKAI BYAKUYA not base.. the novel is speaking about base form not his full power.

All the bankais hollowfied temporarily when they had the pills Urahara made remember? Which made them go back to their respective Captain. Byakuya had his bankai.

@Zezu When did I ever compare them to Bankai Byakuya? AppleLord said Byakuya never used Bankai in the final arc and I merely showed pages to prove he did use Bankai. I only said Post-Royal Guard Byakuya is comparable to Shunsui which is pretty obviously referring to their Base/Shikai since Shunsui rarely uses his Bankai. Volstanding Robert is comparable to Shikai Shunsui which therefore means he's comparable to Post-Royal Guard Training Base/Shikai Byakuya. It is impossible for Byakuya to defeat Volstanding Robert so easily without Bankai if Shunsui who was comparable to him had trouble defeating him. So the fact that he defeated Volstanding Robert along with two other sternritters means that he was indeed use Bankai against the sternritters.

Back