• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Blake Belladona vs Guts

Uh, post your essay and we can compare so you don't have to respond to each individual point lel. That'd be really annoying for both of us.

I mean yeah but have they been fighting in literal wars against full-grown adults as children and in literal wars against demons lol.
Blake and the rest of the main cast as have been fighting against the Grimm for that long as well.
No multipliers but the scaling definitely makes the already miniscule AP gap of 2.0952381x even more miniscule. So the AP advantage for Blake is there but it may as well not be very relevant unless she has some stupid amps.
It's a bit bigger than 2x when you take into account that the 250 ton attack did zero damage to the Queen Lancer, the Arma Gisas stomped it, and Vernal, the person who this key of Blake scales to, oneshot it
The Dragon Slayer cuts the Astral Body, otherwise the Soul, so she would be taking damage directly to her Soul, her Aura, which cannot be healed or regenerated. She's getting cut.
This has already been addressed but I would like to point out that RWBY characters can in fact regenerate their aura, and aura regeneration rates are even a canon thing in-verse.
How does it stun him? And how exactly does she surround him with ice? It's very likely he can take the opposite route of destroying it and simply dodging it, given Guts in the Berserker Armor isn't stupid.
Blake launches a horizontal energy wave that stuns opponents she hits for ~3 seconds, same with the earth clone, if Guts hits it even by accident he is stunned for ~3 seconds.

As for the ice clone all she does is make a clone infused with ice dust and if would encase Guts in ice if he is within cqc range of her, and she can also use this to disarm him by freezing his just weapon like she did to Roman.

Unless Blake is using straight up dust bullets, her elemental stuff isnt really something he would be able to properly dodge.

I mean fair I guess? This either gets dodged or the Berserker Armor nulls the damage he takes and makes him keep fighting depending on how the stunning works and how long it lasts.
The energy wave goes through solid matter and stuns him on contact so

Blake and the rest of the main cast as have been fighting against the Grimm for that long as well.
Cool.

It's a bit bigger than 2x when you take into account that the 250 ton attack did zero damage to the Queen Lancer, the Arma Gisas stomped it, and Vernal, the person who this key of Blake scales to, oneshot it
Sounds extremely similar to Guts' scaling.

He scales to tanking Human Mozgus' casual God Breath while injured and then defeating Apostle Mozgus whose much, much stronger than that previous God Breath. And Armored Guts may as well be able to pulverize that value casually given he dominated Apostle Grunbeld whose >>>>>> Apostle Mozgus(who is not a complete Apostle and instead a Pseudo Apostle), and is far, far stronger than Apostle Form Mozgus even in Human Form.

So AP may as well be even given both character's scaling chains, with Blake having a slight advantage due to actually scaling to a higher value than Guts.

This has already been addressed but I would like to point out that RWBY characters can in fact regenerate their aura, and aura regeneration rates are even a canon thing in-verse.
I am doubtful this is relevant when Blake will have to deal with have to deal with avoiding dozens upon dozens of projectiles and explosives while also keeping Guts at bay who wields a sword larger than her entire body, and who will be constantly clamoring to turn her into mincemeat at every turn. Her Aura restoration rate will have to be incredibly fast for it to be relevant enough before Guts breaks it.

Blake launches a horizontal energy wave that stuns opponents she hits for ~3 seconds, same with the earth clone, if Guts hits it even by accident he is stunned for ~3 seconds.

As for the ice clone all she does is make a clone infused with ice dust and if would encase Guts in ice if he is within cqc range of her, and she can also use this to disarm him by freezing his just weapon like she did to Roman.

Unless Blake is using straight up dust bullets, her elemental stuff isnt really something he would be able to properly dodge.
He won't hit it because he's going to dodge because based on the gif from the profile it doesn't seem all that hard to avoid at all. It also clearly doesn't just cut through her opponents since it didn't immediately kill the guy it was used on in the gif, so the Armor either puts it back together or Guts uses Elf Dust to heal it.

I find it doubtful Guts will be caught off guard by an ice clone given he's dealt with things akin to illusions that he can't hit in far earlier Keys, and has multiple forms of enhanced senses and analytical prediction. And even if he gets his sword caught in an ice clone he can use a bomb to destroy the ice and break it out or a cannon blast, as it's unlikely he will be getting his entire body encased in ice given his sword is more than long enough to ensure he doesn't need to be that close to her, as well as him having multiple ranged options that he can abuse.

I am doubtful this is relevant when Blake will have to deal with have to deal with avoiding dozens upon dozens of projectiles and explosives while also keeping Guts at bay who wields a sword larger than her entire body, and who will be constantly clamoring to turn her into mincemeat at every turn. Her Aura restoration rate will have to be incredibly fast for it to be relevant enough before Guts breaks it.
That wouldnt be any problem for Blake seeing as she and basically every character in the series have been able to do that since the series began, hell in this key specifically they're are the point that they can dodge fully automatic gunfire so casually that they can have a full conversation while doing so.
He won't hit it because he's going to dodge because based on the gif from the profile it doesn't seem all that hard to avoid at all. It also clearly doesn't just cut through her opponents since it didn't immediately kill the guy it was used on in the gif, so the Armor either puts it back together or Guts uses Elf Dust to heal it.
I already explained that it doesnt kill the opponent, it just goes through them and stuns them because it is intangible. As for the earth clone, as well as all of her other clones, she exclusively uses them while the opponent is mid-attack to guarantee that they get caught by the clone.
I find it doubtful Guts will be caught off guard by an ice clone given he's dealt with things akin to illusions that he can't hit in far earlier Keys, and has multiple forms of enhanced senses and analytical prediction. And even if he gets his sword caught in an ice clone he can use a bomb to destroy the ice and break it out or a cannon blast, as it's unlikely he will be getting his entire body encased in ice given his sword is more than long enough to ensure he doesn't need to be that close to her, as well as him having multiple ranged options that he can abuse.
It's not an illusion though, it's an afterimage, and like I just said, blake only uses them while the opponent is mid attack to maximize the chances of them being affected. As for the ice clone he doesnt even have to be attacking, he just has to be near her and she would encase him in ice. And again, people as strong as blake are unable to break the ice created by ice dust. If we agree that blake and guts are around the same level of power, guts would not be able to break the ice.

And yeah, blake has just as many ranged options if not more given that she keeps a full clip of each kind of dust in her arsenal on her at all times on top of her normal ammo

wouldnt be any problem for Blake seeing as she and basically every character in the series have been able to do that since the series began, hell in this key specifically they're are the point that they can dodge fully automatic
The difference is that she'll have to dodge that and a big **** off sword coming from a guy just as skilled as her. Any real lapse she would take to dodge is just giving Guts time to attack and hit her while she's busy dodging his projectiles.

already explained that it doesnt kill the opponent, it just goes through them and stuns them because it is intangible. As for the earth clone, as well as all of her other clones, she exclusively uses them while the opponent is mid-attack to guarantee that they get caught by the clone.
Then the phasing attack may as well be useless since Guts will most likely dodge it. The clones stuff is fair but Guts' explosives are stronger than he himself is and have AoE and heat so I see no reason why he couldn't use them to break out of the clones, and if he does he'd have figured out her trick and it'd become way less effective.

It's not an illusion though, it's an afterimage, and like I just said, blake only uses them while the opponent is mid attack to maximize the chances of them being affected. As for the ice clone he doesnt even have to be attacking, he just has to be near her and she would encase him in ice. And again, people as strong as blake are unable to break the ice created by ice dust. If we agree that blake and guts are around the same level of power, guts would not be able to break the ice.

And yeah, blake has just as many ranged options if not more given that she keeps a full clip of each kind of dust in her arsenal on her at all times on top of her normal ammo
Guts has explosives capable of breaking the ice because they are much stronger than himself. He has miniature bombs and a cannon within his mechanical arm. I don't see why continuous attacks with explosions would be incapable of breaking them eventually if not extremely quickly. And I don't understand why it being akin to an afterimage makes it fundamentally not an illusion, in this case they may as well be the same thing.

And most of her dust barring shit like gravity dust gets resisted as previously stated if they are concentrated into ammo shots. It's actually more likely Guts would dodge them.

The difference is that she'll have to dodge that and a big **** off sword coming from a guy just as skilled as her. Any real lapse she would take to dodge is just giving Guts time to attack and hit her while she's busy dodging his projectiles.
Something that, again, rwby characters as a whole have been able to do since the series started, hell she doesnt even need to dodge them she can just cut them out of the air

Then the phasing attack may as well be useless since Guts will most likely dodge it. The clones stuff is fair but Guts' explosives are stronger than he himself is and have AoE and heat so I see no reason why he couldn't use them to break out of the clones, and if he does he'd have figured out her trick and it'd become way less effective.
Fair, but if she fully freezes him he is kinda just done as trying to blow up the ice around himself just gets him caught in the blast, and also assumes he has the cannon open already as if he is frozen solid without expecting it he would be frozen with his cannon in an inactive state

Guts has explosives capable of breaking the ice because they are much stronger than himself. He has miniature bombs and a cannon within his mechanical arm. I don't see why continuous attacks with explosions would be incapable of breaking them eventually if not extremely quickly. And I don't understand why it being akin to an afterimage makes it fundamentally not an illusion, in this case they may as well be the same thing.
Fair on the explosives thing

Her semblance leaves behind an afterimage for a split second in cqc, it's not something that normally lasts for a long period of time unless she actively concentrates on it for it to do so (which she has never done in combat before). It allows her to redirect herself to a different position around the opponent while leaving an afterimage to take the hit for her. It's why she always uses her clones while the opponent is mid-attack, to guarantee that they hit the clone even if it's not a dust clone, to throw them off by making them think they've hit her while she attacks from a blind spot, her dust clones throw in an extra element of surprise as he could be expecting a normal afterimage and try to predict where blake will be but end up being blindsided by an explosion or accidentally hit an earth clone and stun himself or end up frozen.
And most of her dust barring shit like gravity dust gets resisted as previously stated if they are concentrated into ammo shots. It's actually more likely Guts would dodge them.
Fair

Something that, again, rwby characters as a whole have been able to do since the series started, hell she doesnt even need to dodge them she can just cut them out of the air
If she does that to the explosives they will uh... explode lol. Cause yknow their explosives. Also, I don't ask for evidence a lot since I trust you're claims, but can you show me footage of RWBY characters dodging and attacking like that?

And even assuming they can, as I said, any real lapse taken to dodge or cut the explosives(which would trigger the explosives) gives Guts a chance to attack her, he's relentless. The problem here is less so the projectiles and more so making sure she can dodge/cut them(which would trigger the explosions) while also sufficiently avoiding Guts who we both know can get solid hits on Blake with his skill, so it's not as simple as one might think. In a battle like this, any opening is enough for Guts to complete a swing of Dragon Slayer, especially if she's caught in explosions she herself triggered.
Fair, but if she fully freezes him he is kinda just done as trying to blow up the ice around himself just gets him caught in the blast, and also assumes he has the cannon open already as if he is frozen solid without expecting it he would be frozen with his cannon in an inactive state
It's very unlikely he'd be completely frozen by her given his sword is big enough to compensate so he doesn't have to get within that range of her at all. If anything it's more likely she'd catch his weapon, which, while it would hinder Guts, we've discussed that he has ways of getting out of it.
Her semblance leaves behind an afterimage for a split second in cqc, it's not something that normally lasts for a long period of time unless she actively concentrates on it for it to do so (which she has never done in combat before). It allows her to redirect herself to a different position around the opponent while leaving an afterimage to take the hit for her. It's why she always uses her clones while the opponent is mid-attack, to guarantee that they hit the clone even if it's not a dust clone, to throw them off by making them think they've hit her while she attacks from a blind spot, her dust clones throw in an extra element of surprise as he could be expecting a normal afterimage and try to predict where blake will be but end up being blindsided by an explosion or accidentally hit an earth clone and stun himself or end up frozen.
Again, it's unlikely he'd be as close to her as you think he'd be given the Dragon Slayer is large enough to compensate enough range that he can simply allow it to be caught within any of her Earth or Ice clones. It's actually very likely after a time he would allow Dragon Slayer to be caught to bait Blake into an attack, Guts is no stranger to tactics such as that. He can especially exploit this when he figures out what exactly she's doing, as, while we both know it's a lethal trick, it isn't impossible to decipher/plan against, and Guts has more than enough endurance to play the waiting game with such tactics.

Okay, will respond to that but its gonna be a while, currently getting on a flight. Are yall good if we put this on hold and pick this up later when I'm back home on my computer and azontr's wifi is back so we dont have to do this on mobile?

So ummm
Based on these University PHD Degree Paragraphs I have read......................
It seems Blake and Guts would more less be comparable in AP (albeit Blake having a slight advantage in that department)
The skills are comparable but Guts is built mainly around Brute Force and Tenacity while Blake is mostly built around speed and agility

Blake can likely combo faster by utilizing her Weapons reach, gun mode plus Semblance and Guts can hit harder (though god knows how much damage he does with slightly lesser AP)
When Guts amp things up with Berserker Armor, she gets way more tenacious and his attacks (if they land) will be doing some serious damage but again he is slowly dying once he goes into Berserker Mode....

Hmmm
This is actually tough to call

but again he is slowly dying once he goes into Berserker Mode....
I won't address all the verbatim arguments since me and Weekly basically say the same thing but this isn't as big of a weakness as you think it is. The armor only kills Guts because it puts him back together whenever he's damaged, because it stabs into him, so it doesn't just slowly kill him. He has to take significant damage so that the armor bleeds him to death.

I won't address all the verbatim arguments since me and Weekly basically say the same thing but this isn't as big of a weakness as you think it is. The armor only kills Guts because it puts him back together whenever he's damaged, because it stabs into him, so it doesn't just slowly kill him. He has to take significant damage so that the armor bleeds him to death.
Alright point taken
(Someone should write that one the profile)

So what it comes down to is...

1. Blake combo-ing Guts with Range attacks, High speed CQC and Spamming Semblance and slowly wearing down guts. She is more than capable or taking hits from Guts and her Aura is just an added layer of protection plus healing. Plus she has lots of experience dodging multiple projectiles from multiple targets at once so dodging Guts projectiles should be little to no issue. And while Guts has healing Items, there is no time he'll have to actually use it as Blake is relentless and wont stop to make him apply Elf dust on himself. Blake takes this via slowly wearing him down with Higher AP, semblance spamming and lots of high speed range plus CQC combinations.

2. That strategy could likely backfire on her though... as Guts could use his stamina, endurance and tenacity to endure Blakes barrage and could eventually wait for her to wear herself out and then come in for the Finishing Blow

3. Number 1 is under the assumption Guts doesn't resort to BA. Assuming he does then there AP might as well be the same for arguments sake or Guts could potentially be slightly higher. And at that point Blake would have to be on a defensive strat, slowly chipping away at Guts till he wears himself out. Or Guts just gets in a couple few good hits before that and completely owns Blake

This match could swing either way really
Its a matter of slowly chipping away at Guts for Blake
And its a matter of being Patient and Precise for Guts

I think it's best to vote Incon here.

Both of them have good ways of winning that are certainly within the realm of possibility, it's just a matter of who finishes their opponent off first.

I would wait for Weekly before coming to that decision, though I would not necessarily disagree with you.
I would say it looks like an Incon as well

The way I see it...

Blake would be high-speed combo-ing Guts to hell and slowly wearing him down till he's weak enough to be killed of a precision strike. Guts chance of hitting peak stamina Blake is not good so the most he could do is hold out and pray she runs outta steam before he does. He could go into Berserker Armor early but then the situation just flips on itself with Blake just doing her best to outlast Guts til he wears himself out or Guts being lucky enough to land several blows before that happens and with Blakes ability to make Ice Copies that can restrain beings WAYYY above Guts own LS, if he screws up then Blake will have chances to wear down Guts more before he can free his sword or maybe guts can use that to lure her in and go Fist-to-Fist with her.

Honestly this match has many variables and for me personally it could go either way
Im gonna say Incon for now

I would say it looks like an Incon as well

The way I see it...

Blake would be high-speed combo-ing Guts to hell and slowly wearing him down till he's weak enough to be killed of a precision strike. Guts chance of hitting peak stamina Blake is not good so the most he could do is hold out and pray she runs outta steam before he does. He could go into Berserker Armor early but then the situation just flips on itself with Blake just doing her best to outlast Guts til he wears himself out or Guts being lucky enough to land several blows before that happens and with Blakes ability to make Ice Copies that can restrain beings WAYYY above Guts own LS, if he screws up then Blake will have chances to wear down Guts more before he can free his sword or maybe guts can use that to lure her in and go Fist-to-Fist with her.

Honestly this match has many variables and for me personally it could go either way
Im gonna say Incon for now
I like how you're talking about points I addressed already. 🌚

If your seeing this message
It means It's currently 3am in my country, alot of spooky haunted stuff is occuring, im currently asleep and my sibling sent this message which I had prewritten but never posted due to laziness

I'll debate later (if there is anything left to debate) when i get up

Back