• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Blake Belladona vs Guts

63072a27916333be6bde2d5dac7ee39b.jpg
artworks-000225373763-rd425e-t500x500.jpg

Post-Haven Blake vs Black Swordsman Guts
Speed Equalized
Battle takes place in Amity Coliseum
100M starting distance
Weiss can use Summons and Dust if needed
Guts start in base but can resort to Berserker Armor if needed
In character for both
SBA Applies for whatever else

Black Cat: AdNiBN002, Spinoirr
Black Swordsman: azontr, Naitodesu, LIFE_OF_KING, TauanVictor
Inconclusive: RandomGuy2345, Ss3micah, WeeklyBattles

Last edited:
Weiss's AoE can't cover hundreds of meters as far as I am aware, it's just how far away she can attack from, so really all Guts has to do is watch out for Vector Glyphs and he either outlasts or caves her head in with Dragon Slayer.

Weiss's AoE can't cover hundreds of meters as far as I am aware, it's just how far away she can attack from, so really all Guts has to do is watch out for Vector Glyphs and he either outlasts or caves her head in with Dragon Slayer.
Can just move herself away from him fast before he lands a hit. Could freeze him with flash freeze

Can just move herself away from him fast before he lands a hit. Could freeze him with flash freeze
Will be hard given Guts' sword is many times larger than her body, meaning the moment he gets close it'll be hard to move away without injury and technically he doesn't even have to be that close, and flash freeze is something he can very well dodge easily given his acrobatics with the Berserker Armor are just dumb and he can just jump away.

Will be hard given Guts' sword is many times larger than her body, meaning the moment he gets close it'll be hard to move away without injury
If he gets in close, she can easily dodge with Glyphs or block with Glyphs
and technically he doesn't even have to be that close, and flash freeze is something he can very well dodge easily given his acrobatics with the Berserker Armor are just dumb and he can just jump away.
Weiss has better acrobatics especially considering Glyphs give her alot of field control

Could she not just throw him away via glyphs? He'd try jumping toward her and just get sent flying back or upwards. I think the only thing really holding her back is stamina which will likley give Guts an opening to cut her in half.

If he gets in close, she can easily dodge with Glyphs
Weiss dodges and Guts reads her and attacks where she dodges, abusing the size of his sword to overwhelm her. Dragon Slayer's size is a huge advantage, simply propelling herself away isn't going to work of it isn't instantaneous because any lapse leaves a chance for Guts to cut her in half due to the sheer size of the blade.

Not even taking into account he can just spam projectiles that can and will surround her from all directions, including those that can literally pulverize those previously comparable to him, arrows, other bombs with AoE, etc.
Weiss has better acrobatics especially considering Glyphs give her alot of field control
I never said Weiss had worse acrobatics. I said he can just dodge most of her attacks with his own.
Could she not just throw him away via glyphs? He'd try jumping toward her and just get sent flying back or upwards. I think the only thing really holding her back is stamina which will likley give Guts an opening to cut her in half.
Glyphs take time to form, and any amount of time is enough for Guts to get out of the way, especially if he goes Berserker Armor.

with the Berserker Armor
Activating Berserker Armor would be a Double Edge sword to guts as all Weiss would need to do is outlast him till the armor destroys himself
Which she could easily do with Summons or Glyphs

Activating Berserker Armor would be a Double Edge sword to guts as all Weiss would need to do is outlast him till the armor destroys himself
Which she could easily do with Summons or Glyphs
She can't do that because Glyphs are dodged most of the time(the offensive ones at least, she has a chance to propel him with the other ones but given they take some amount of time to form it's not unlikely Guts can avoid being thrown away) and he can slice through her summons with Dragon Slayer, or just blow them up.

And even if it does tear him to pieces, it's going to take a long ******* time before she injures him enough that the armor literally destroys Guts. Every last drop of blood and every bone will have to be reduced to dust and gone from his body for him to die while wearing the armor.

d0sOpy.gif

It's not slow at all.

She could throw up four and do Guts like this.
weiss-schnee.gif

Also the starting distance is massively against Guts here. Gives Weiss enough time to set up anything in seconds and just start taking control.

I never said it was "slow", I said it "takes time", and any amount of time that isn't literally instantaneous is enough for Guts to react and take an advantage.

Weiss also doesn't even have the AP to do the 2nd gif to Guts so I don't know why that's really brought up- She'd try knocking him into the air and she'd just hurt herself against the armor and get a Dragon Slayer to the skull.

The starting distance thing is fair tbh, I'll concede to the point that Weiss has some time to set up glyphs and the like with the starting distance, but that's not the only factor that decides the match.

Weiss dodges and Guts reads her and attacks where she dodges, abusing the size of his sword to overwhelm her. Dragon Slayer's size is a huge advantage, simply propelling herself away isn't going to work of it isn't instantaneous because any lapse leaves a chance for Guts to cut her in half due to the sheer size of the blade.
She can use Glyphs to maneuver and ride through mid air
How will gets reach her when she's doing that?
Not even taking into account he can just spam projectiles that can and will surround her from all directions, including those that can literally pulverize those previously comparable to him, arrows, other bombs with AoE, etc.
Blocks with Hard Light Glyphs or Gravity Glyphs which she can place anywhere
I never said Weiss had worse acrobatics. I said he can just dodge most of her attacks with his own.
Fair I guess
Glyphs take time to form, and any amount of time is enough for Guts to get out of the way, especially if he goes Berserker Armor.
She can form then in a second or less
And speed is equalized here so she gonna have Glyphs out before Guts can reach her

I never said it was "slow", I said it "takes time", and any amount of time that isn't literally instantaneous is enough for Guts to react and take an advantage.

Weiss also doesn't even have the AP to do the 2nd gif to Guts so I don't know why that's really brought up- She'd try knocking him into the air and she'd just hurt herself against the armor and get a Dragon Slayer to the skull.

The starting distance thing is fair tbh, I'll concede to the point that Weiss has some time to set up glyphs and the like with the starting distance, but that's not the only factor that decides the match.
It doesnt take time, its instantaneous, literally thought-based in this key

It doesnt take time, its instantaneous, literally thought-based in this key
Thought-based =/= instantaneous, that'd make it have infinite speed lel. It clearly takes a second or less as @Ss3micah said, which, again, is enough time for Guts to react to get out of the way of the glyphs or put up Dragon Slayer to just block or negate the force.

I'll respond to @Ss3micah in a sec. The pain of a solo Berserk supporter vs Tens of Thousands of RWBY supporters.

Thought-based =/= instantaneous, that'd make it have infinite speed lel. It clearly takes a second or less as @Ss3micah said, which, again, is enough time for Guts to react to get out of the way of the glyphs or put up Dragon Slayer to just block or negate the force.

I'll respond to @Ss3micah in a sec. The pain of a solo Berserk supporter vs Tens of Thousands of RWBY supporters.
Her glyphs arent attacks so trying to do that wouldnt amount to anything in his favor, especially when she can just form glyphs under, around, or even directly on him with nothing for him to dodge or block as they have no projectile

Her glyphs arent attacks so trying to do that wouldnt amount to anything in his favor, especially when she can just form glyphs under, around, or even directly on him with nothing for him to dodge or block as they have no projectile
They produce force, and that force can still be blocked or tanked.

I'm starting to believe this is sort of a stomp though, but I'll keep arguing for Guts.

She can use Glyphs to maneuver and ride through mid air
How will gets reach her when she's doing that?
By jumping.
Blocks with Hard Light Glyphs or Gravity Glyphs which she can place anywhere
Gravity is fair, what do Hard Light Glyphs do?
She can form then in a second or less
And speed is equalized here so she gonna have Glyphs out before Guts can reach her
It's even worse if their moving at the same speed-

They produce force, and that force can still be blocked or tanked.

I'm starting to believe this is sort of a stomp though, but I'll keep arguing for Guts.
They dont though, specifically because she does not and has not ever used them as an attack

She can't do that because Glyphs are dodged most of the time(the offensive ones at least, she has a chance to propel him with the other ones but given they take some amount of time to form it's not unlikely Guts can avoid being thrown away) and he can slice through her summons with Dragon Slayer, or just blow them up.
She can easily just spawn Gravity Glyph right underneath him and then chain into restraining him with Class M Restrain Glyphs which Guts has no answer for

And even if it does tear him to pieces, it's going to take a long ******* time before she injures him enough that the armor literally destroys Guts. Every last drop of blood and every bone will have to be reduced to dust and gone from his body for him to die while wearing the armor.
She literally has the AP advantage here
Guts upscales from 119.07 Tons and Weiss upscales from at least 174.2 Tons

Actually yeah if this is Atlas weiss she oneshots guts, she has a sizable scaling chain upscaling from a grimm that was undamaged by 250 tons

Then yeah this is a spite match. No idea why the OP made this with any semblance of Guts having a chance.
Actually yeah if this is Atlas weiss she oneshots guts, she has a sizable scaling chain upscaling from a grimm that was undamaged by 250 tons
Same thing with Guts and his upscaling but this is a stomp regardless of AP.

I mean sure it does take some instance of time but that gap is like WAY too small for Guts to make a clean heavy strike. If I were to describe it accurately, if Guts were to swing from point A to point B then the HALF WAY point between A and B is what Weiss needs to spawn Glyphs and yes Glyphs as in plural as she can spawn multiple at a time
By jumping.
Yeah but HE cant maneuver through the Air. Weiss can and she can easily dodge and counterattack while in mid air
Gravity is fair, what do Hard Light Glyphs do?
Act as a defensive Barrier against attack which she can set anywhere within her range
It's even worse if their moving at the same speed-
You think Guts can bring his sword back and strike Weiss with a Clean hit before she can set up a Glyph in Speed Equal?

All I'm hearing here is that Guts has no chance of victory and you made the match fully aware of all of Weiss's advantages over him lel.

Then yeah this is a spite match. No idea why the OP made this with any semblance of Guts having a chance.
Cause I thought Guts Berserker amping could clear the Gap in power since I hear he MASSIVELY upscales from his base form while using Berserker armor
Also I was genuinely tried to find a way and see if I could make the match any more fair

The only thing apart from this I could think of was using High 8-C Weiss with 8-A summons
Would that make this more fair?

Like, yeah, Berserker Armor makes Guts close the AP gap, but like... so what? She, according to your words, can just restrain him with Glyphs, or fly through the air and range snipe him, or just spawn things that he cannot avoid on him directly.

AP may as well be the most irrelevant factor of the match with all of the advantages Weiss has over Guts.

Like, yeah, Berserker Armor makes Guts close the AP gap, but like... so what? She, according to your words, can just restrain him with Glyphs, or fly through the air and range snipe him, or just spawn things that he cannot avoid on him directly.

AP may as well be the most irrelevant factor of the match with all of the advantages Weiss has over Guts.
At least against High 8-C Weiss he could oneshot
I saw Guts resists Heat, Fire and Electricity and with High 8-C AP these would do little against him with 8-A durability so that stops half of her range options
Plus as you say guts has Good Instinctive reactions so I thought that would help him plus his Probability Hax

How can I make this match fairer then?
I already have guts as his strongest Key
Should I use Season 1-3 Weiss then?

I never said Guts has instinctive reactions lol. His ability to react so swiftly to Glyphs(which he can btw, I know I never responded to that) is through his ability to literally slice through dozens of opponents rapidly with a single slice of Dragon Slayer, as well as his own skill. Also his Probability Hax is stupidly minor, it's a non-factor in his matches.

If in any key Weiss can simply spawn things on Guts that can instantly end the fight, it will not be fair.

Word to the wise, next time, put Guts up against somebody whose purely melee. All of his wins are against physical fighters and swordsmen.

Putting him up against people with hax is never a good idea.

Literally anybody in team RWBY but Weiss is a better option for this fight lel.
I only picked Weiss because of the contrasting themes and aesthetics of Weiss' Character and Guts character

Anyways Combatant has been changed

Back