• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Blake Belladona vs Guts

Okay, so just a few things
but I personally think Guts having such an absurdly high amount of endurance in comparison to Blake as well as his skill and acrobatics will allow him to dodge most of her ranged options.
Would like to see scans of his acrobatics if thats alright, because RWBY characters in general are stupidly good acrobats in combat and blake can tag them with her ranged attacks just fine.
Keep in mind that Berserker Armor Guts is no idiot, the Armor makes him even more skilled than normal Guts, so Blake will have to play the fight conservatively the entire time to avoid getting hit, because when up close she's either getting a cannon blast to the face, or a Dragon Slayer to the face,
The problem with this is that Blake's entire fighting style revolves around dodging and attacking simultaneously while remaining mobile and keeping the opponent off balance. Even when deflecting projectiles she has no issue charging into gunfire while blocking said gunfire at the same time.
the Dragon Slayer being far harder to evade due to the sheer size of the weapon in question,
Out of curiosity, can Guts even properly fight an opponent who gets as up close and personal as Blake does? His sword is designed more for mid-range combat due to its size, but that would hinder its effectiveness up close due to all of its momentum and power being near the end of the sword, not close to the hilt.
and he's more than willing to take attacks that would otherwise be fatal to get the jump on the opponent, so much so that Blake would've never experienced it before.
See, theres a slight problem with that in that Blake usually goes for kill shots immediately, usually by way of decapitation, even against other people except she expects them to have Aura protecting them, something Guts doesnt have. Of the four members of Team RWBY, Blake has the least reservations about killing people due to her background, and due to her fighting style she is far more inclined to go for something that will guarantee a kill rather than just do a significant amount of damage.
Blake's illusion Semblance is a huge asset to her here, but half of her elemental illusions Guts resists, and the other half he'd do better at just avoiding or completely destroying, and even if destroying them does stun him, it's doubtful that Blake can inflict a relevant amount of damage to him in the time that he's stunned(assuming he gets hit by a stun and also assuming her stun even lasts that long).
Her stuns last for ~3 seconds each and she would be more than willing to go for a decapitation when she sees that he is actively trying to kill her
If she does that to the explosives they will uh... explode lol. Cause yknow their explosives. Also, I don't ask for evidence a lot since I trust you're claims, but can you show me footage of RWBY characters dodging and attacking like that?
1ynQeC.gif

In general though, these fights are a pretty good showcase of all of that, but theres plenty of other instances so i can grab more scans if needed:

Would like to see scans of his acrobatics if thats alright, because RWBY characters in general are stupidly good acrobats in combat and blake can tag them with her ranged attacks just fine.
Having good acrobatics does not allow you to suddenly negate someone else's acrobatics. It's an asset regardless. Most of the scans are already on his page.
The problem with this is that Blake's entire fighting style revolves around dodging and attacking simultaneously while remaining mobile and keeping the opponent off balance. Even when deflecting projectiles she has no issue charging into gunfire while blocking said gunfire at the same time.
I mean she can't really afford to do that because the more hits she takes and blocks from Guts the more her aura drains to the point of breaking, so this kinda backfires on itself after a period of time lol.
Out of curiosity, can Guts even properly fight an opponent who gets as up close and personal as Blake does? His sword is designed more for mid-range combat due to its size, but that would hinder its effectiveness up close due to all of its momentum and power being near the end of the sword, not close to the hilt.
Uh yeah.

Yeah

Yeah

Yeah

I also wouldn't say the size or the weight hinders Guts given he can effortlessly swing it in pretty much any way he wants. (Sorry the scan is so shitty I couldn't find a better resolution.)
See, theres a slight problem with that in that Blake usually goes for kill shots immediately, usually by way of decapitation, even against other people except she expects them to have Aura protecting them, something Guts doesnt have. Of the four members of Team RWBY, Blake has the least reservations about killing people due to her background, and due to her fighting style she is far more inclined to go for something that will guarantee a kill rather than just do a significant amount of damage.
Okay? Most of the relevant damage Guts take can either be healed or simply put back together by the armor, and Guts has taken worse damage to get an edge on the opponent before, so if anything Blake trying to decapitate him would only leave her open for attack unless he's stunned in that specific moment.
Her stuns last for ~3 seconds each and she would be more than willing to go for a decapitation when she sees that he is actively trying to kill her
Read Above.

1ynQeC.gif

In general though, these fights are a pretty good showcase of all of that, but theres plenty of other instances so i can grab more scans if needed:

I mean I'd doubt the validity of these moments against an equally skilled opponent but eh. Not like Guts would be trying to get his attacks off from a range at that point, as he's just set off explosions in close-range against opponents before.

Okay? Most of the relevant damage Guts take can either be healed or simply put back together by the armor, and Guts has taken worse damage to get an edge on the opponent before, so if anything Blake trying to decapitate him would only leave her open for attack unless he's stunned in that specific moment.
This would also be even more difficult given the Berserker Armor is far, far more durable than Guts himself, and her only attack capable of bypassing this is something Guts is capable of avoiding. (The phasing blade thingy mah jig.)

Having good acrobatics does not allow you to suddenly negate someone else's acrobatics. It's an asset regardless. Most of the scans are already on his page.
I was more referring to Blake being able to tag people with acrobatic feats far better than what Guts has shown
Uh yeah.

Yeah

Yeah

Yeah

I also wouldn't say the size or the weight hinders Guts given he can effortlessly swing it in pretty much any way he wants. (Sorry the scan is so shitty I couldn't find a better resolution.)
See, therein lies the problem, Blake would be even closer than that, her sword is the same length as the hilt of the Dragonslayer so properly hitting her would be difficult.

And i didnt mean the weight of the sword would hinder him, i meant that to swing a sword of that size, all of its momentum would be in the middle and end of the sword, meaning the forte (the part of the sword close to the hilt, or whatever constitutes as the forte on a sword like Dragonslayer) would be hitting with less energy due to how centrifugal force works.

Read Above.
Yes? So if he gets stunned she would more than likely go for a decapitation, and as was brought up in posts before, Blake wouldnt really afford him any time to use healing items.
I mean I'd doubt the validity of these moments against an equally skilled opponent but eh. Not like Guts would be trying to get his attacks off from a range at that point, as he's just set off explosions in close-range against opponents before.
The Yellow Trailer solves both of those problems actually, both of the girls that Yang fought are people on her skill level and they both have feats of cutting Yang's explosive shells out of the air the instant they come out of her gauntlets in that video

I was more referring to Blake being able to tag people with acrobatic feats far better than what Guts has shown
I mean I don't see anything special about the projectiles that wouldn't allow Guts to dodge, so idk how to really interpret that. They homing or something?

See, therein lies the problem, Blake would be even closer than that, her sword is the same length as the hilt of the Dragonslayer so properly hitting her would be difficult.

And i didnt mean the weight of the sword would hinder him, i meant that to swing a sword of that size, all of its momentum would be in the middle and end of the sword, meaning the forte (the part of the sword close to the hilt, or whatever constitutes as the forte on a sword like Dragonslayer) would be hitting with less energy due to how centrifugal force works.
I mean, fair I guess? I don't know anything about swords but I doubt Guts would be incapable of swinging the Dragon Slayer with his normal force at close range like that. He can freely change the direction of the sword so he clearly he has semblance of control over the force to the extent being close wouldn't particularly hinder him from swinging at somewhat full power and hit her. It's actually somewhat physics defying in some scans, I don't know how to explain it. I'd have to gather more evidence when I return home. So for now, feel free to take this with a grain of salt.
Yes? So if he gets stunned she would more than likely go for a decapitation, and as was brought up in posts before, Blake wouldnt really afford him any time to use healing items.
In no fight has Guts really been "afforded" the time to use healing items, and given his immense endurance, with both him and Blake also being immensely close in strength, the likelihood that she takes his head off in one slice is not very high. And if Guts happens to get stunned and survives it's likely he'd be able to figure out the trick of her shadow clones and avoid it, it clearly is not impossible to plan around or subvert, Guts can simply time his attacks so he doesn't get caught in the clones mid attack.

The Yellow Trailer solves both of those problems actually, both of the girls that Yang fought are people on her skill level and they both have feats of cutting Yang's explosive shells out of the air the instant they come out of her gauntlets in that video
Yeah but were they like, face to face, like literally in front of each other with very little distance. Look right next to each other? Cause based on what you're telling me about Blakes' style, Guts can very well send out a cannon blast the moment she gets as up close and personal as you say. Or any of his other various explosives.

I mean I don't see anything special about the projectiles that wouldn't allow Guts to dodge, so idk how to really interpret that. They homing or something?
Nah, Blake is just a good shot. For reference, even people low on the skill chain in RWBY can do stuff like this:
In no fight has Guts really been "afforded" the time to use healing items, and given his immense endurance, with both him and Blake also being immensely close in strength, the likelihood that she takes his head off in one slice is not very high. And if Guts happens to get stunned and survives it's likely he'd be able to figure out the trick of her shadow clones and avoid it, it clearly is not impossible to plan around or subvert, Guts can simply time his attacks so he doesn't get caught in the clones mid attack.
I mean, a bladed attack to the neck when Guts is unable to defend himself would definitely result in a decapitation, especially when theyre near each other in power but Blake has a slight advantage. Hell, she could even go as far as to use a sickle attack to further increase the likelyhood of that (ie. when her sword is in its sickle form, have the blade around his neck and then fire her gun, increasing the force of her cut in a smaller area focused on his neck)
Yeah but were they like, face to face, like literally in front of each other with very little distance. Look right next to each other? Cause based on what you're telling me about Blakes' style, Guts can very well send out a cannon blast the moment she gets as up close and personal as you say. Or any of his other various explosives.
They were yeah, that fight is actually where one of the main speed calcs for the early series comes from specifically because of how close they were when they cut her shells out of the air.

Currently cannot see any videos so cannot verify you're claims, I'll respond when I get home, including the decapitation part or whatever. (Piercing damage is wank)

Nah, Blake is just a good shot. For reference, even people low on the skill chain in RWBY can do stuff like this:

Explain your argument young man. What's supposed to be "skilfull" here? Or make someone a good shot?

Ruby using her speed semblance to dodge the bullets and blitz the fodder? Fodder being able to properly shot a gun?

Because if that's the level of skill rwby has then there is a big problem here

Uh, the decapitation argument is fair I guess (though with how little her stuns last I doubt she will get enough time to completely decapitate Guts before he breaks out, and honestly he probably has feats of resisting paralysis but since it ain't on the profile I'll drop it)

But I don't see anything about Blake being a good shot from that video. Nor do I think you really understand how close Guts would be when he released a cannon shell since it's gonna be like... a couple of inches from any part of her body. I don't see that sort of short distance in the Yellow Trailer.

Explain your argument young man. What's supposed to be "skilfull" here? Or make someone a good shot?

Ruby using her speed semblance to dodge the bullets and blitz the fodder? Fodder being able to properly shot a gun?

Because if that's the level of skill rwby has then there is a big problem here
But I don't see anything about Blake being a good shot from that video. Nor do I think you really understand how close Guts would be when he released a cannon shell since it's gonna be like... a couple of inches from any part of her body. I don't see that sort of short distance in the Yellow Trailer.
Yall, it wasnt a video of blake being a good shot, its a video of one of the characters near the bottom tier of skill in the first volume having absurd acrobatic skill. Blake can land shots on people who are of the same and higher levels of skill, especially in this key

Yall, it wasnt a video of blake being a good shot, its a video of one of the characters near the bottom tier of skill in the first volume having absurd acrobatic skill. Blake can land shots on people who are of the same and higher levels of skill, especially in this key
I mean... I saw Ruby swinging around on her scythe and then using her semblance to dash around in the air. I don't see how that's really absurd, as you put it, in fact, most of the impressive movement was done via her semblance right at the beginning of the fight.

I mean... I saw Ruby swinging around on her scythe and then using her semblance to dash around in the air. I don't see how that's really absurd, as you put it, in fact, most of the impressive movement was done via her semblance right at the beginning of the fight.
That wasnt her semblance actually, Ruby never mastered her semblance to the point of being able to spam it in combat until Volume 4, this is volume 1

I would have expected something like back flips mid air, air dodging and repositioning or some dumb stuff like that but no, she is just zooming around with her superpower to avoid bullets.

I would have expected something like back flips mid air, air dodging and repositioning or some dumb stuff like that but no, she is just zooming around with her superpower to avoid bullets.
That wasnt her superpower actually, Ruby never mastered her semblance to the point of being able to spam it in combat until Volume 4, this is volume 1

That wasnt her semblance actually, Ruby never mastered her semblance to the point of being able to spam it in combat until Volume 4, this is volume 1
She didn't spam it, she used it once, and it was very clearly her using her semblance as she literally was compressed into a thin line of red that rapidly shifted direction in the air.

That wasnt her superpower actually, Ruby never mastered her semblance to the point of being able to spam it in combat until Volume 4, this is volume 1
It is her superpower, whether it is mastered or not is irrelevant.

But regardless she literally used it to zoom around the battlefield and once she stopped she got hit so very much doubt the claim.

BTW i agree with incon, im just trying to clarify that Guts would need stupidly good acrobatics to be able to justify that alone being enough to dodge all of Blake's ranged attacks

They dont though, ive looked through all of them and nothing there shows him borderline flying through sheer acrobatic skill
Ruby isn't doing it through acrobatic skill, she used her Semblance. You've provided no real feats of this "borderline flying acrobatic skill"

Literally everything in the video you provided Guts has done. She was hopping through the battlefield while doing multiple attacks at once, Guts did that, he did exactly that, and literally has an acrobatic feat compared to actual flight.

They dont though, ive looked through all of them and nothing there shows him borderline flying through sheer acrobatic skill
Funny thing is that ruby doesn't show any acrobatic skill, it's just her semblance making her go zoom either in air or ground.

It's like giving the flash some God tier acrobatic skills because he moves really fast.

BTW i agree with incon, im just trying to clarify that Guts would need stupidly good acrobatics to be able to justify that alone being enough to dodge all of Blake's ranged attacks
Ño >:v

Literally everything in the video you provided Guts has done. She was hopping through the battlefield while doing multiple attacks at once, Guts did that, he did exactly that, and literally has an acrobatic feat compared to actual flight.
Nice, that would put him at the bottom of the barrel of acrobatic skill in RWBY and well within the range of Blake being able to tag him with her ranged attacks

Nice, that would put him at the bottom of the barrel of acrobatic skill in RWBY and well within the range of Blake being able to tag him with her ranged attacks
Bro you keep saying this and you provide no other feats other than Ruby's garbage one that she didn't even use acrobatics for like 90% of it.

Kek

But anyways, im not gonna bother arguing to hard about acrobatics, at the end of the day its a minor thing that wont have much of an impact on the end result since blake doesnt really use elemental bullets as bullets too often and prefers to save them for clones

Still sticking with incon FRA

I mean we weren't only debating about acrobatics the argument just somehow went to that particular topic 🌚

I'll stick with Guts, but, I think it's reasonable to vote incon. Maybe I'm to confident in my arguments. Or I'm a Berserk wanker.

Oh actually, were you still curious about her decapitation sickle attack?
Naw I said it's a fair argument in a previous post, despite me personally thinking the stun is to short to pull it off. Either way it probably wouldn't influence either of our opinions even if you explained it, if it didn't already.

So ummm
Just got back from Work...
So thats an incon from Weekly
Should I also switch you to Incon Azontr?

You know, I could potentially argue that Blake could use Aura amp on Guts to make his Body and Innards blow up like a balloon? 😂😂😂

Back