• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Blake Belladona vs Guts

What character? Weiss has no character. Frankly, nobody in RWBY has character.
They dead, all of them. Even Neo best girl is dead.
d3a.jpg

We'll see. Guts holds most of the advantages in this fight now since Blake lacks a significant amount of versatility in comparison to Weiss, but I will wait for your analysis before saying anything further.

We'll see. Guts holds most of the advantages in this fight now since Blake lacks a significant amount of versatility in comparison to Weiss, but I will wait for your analysis before saying anything further.
How so? Speed is equalized and blake outranges, is significantly more skilled, and has a notable ap and dura advantage

Plus she is fairly versatile in her own right due to having the same kind of dust that weiss uses just in a smaller quantity

How so? Speed is equalized and blake outranges, is significantly more skilled, and has a notable ap and dura advantage

Plus she is fairly versatile in her own right due to having the same kind of dust that weiss uses just in a smaller quantity
Finish your analysis and I'll go into it. It's easier to respond to a large post in multiple segments then to simply go in circles with multiple small posts.

Alright, so...

AP/Dura: Blake solidly takes it, she scales to Vernal to oneshot the Arma Gigas which stomped the Queen Lancer which was undamaged by 250 tons, whereas Guts upscales from 119 tons and can amp his power with the Berserker Armor. The armor doesnt really give Guts a solid multiplier so unfortunately even with it active he wouldnt be able to reach Blake's level. On top of this, Blake has her Aura which adds another layer of protection.

Lifting Strength: Again, Blake solidly takes this, Class M vs Class 50, meaning Guts trying to overpower her with brute force and his sword swings will be effectively useless.

Stamina: Close but Guts takes this, Blake has feats of fighting for slightly longer but Guts has taken absurdly more punishment than Blake in those timeframes and kept fighting. The Berserker Armor forcing his body to keep fighting through insane damage is just an added bonus.

Range: Blake takes this, hundreds of meters vs tens of meters, and Blake has a lot more versatility than Guts in her ranged options as well.

Skill: Do I need to repost the skill chain Blake has? Guts is good but not RWBY high tiers good.

Other: Of note, Blake has a similar ability set as Weiss, just without the versatility of glyphs. She is able to imbue her clones with Dust to catch opponents in traps in cqc, either setting them on fire with fire dust, stunning them and protecting herself with earth dust, or freezing them with ice dust. Her ice dust alone would massively screw dust over as it is able to trap people stronger and more powerful than him to the point that they cant escape out without a heat source. She also has ranged energy slashes that go through solid matter, meaning she has the capacity to outright bypass Guts' armor unless it has shown to block intangible attacks.

Open to counterarguments, sorry this took so long.

AP/Dura: Blake solidly takes it, she scales to Vernal to oneshot the Arma Gigas which stomped the Queen Lancer which was undamaged by 250 tons, whereas Guts upscales from 119 tons and can amp his power with the Berserker Armor. The armor doesnt really give Guts a solid multiplier so unfortunately even with it active he wouldnt be able to reach Blake's level. On top of this, Blake has her Aura which adds another layer of protection.
Not all there is to it.

Human Mozgus' casual God Breath(119.07 tons) <<< Apostle Form Mozgus <= Injured Guts (Matched and defeated Apostle Form Mozgus) << Human Grunbeld (Effortlessly stomped an injured Guts) <= Fully Healthy Guts << Apostle Form Grunbeld << Apostle Form Grunbeld's durability <<<<< Berserker Armor Guts (Effortlessly dominated Apostle Form Grunbeld and made a crack in his face with a single slash)

So yeah Guts may as well be able to lolstomp everybody below him on this list in sheer power. The only 8-A's in Berserk comparable to Berserker Armor Guts are Skull Knight, Zodd, Ganishka, and the Sea God thing. So AP isn't as wide as you think.
Lifting Strength: Again, Blake solidly takes this, Class M vs Class 50, meaning Guts trying to overpower her with brute force and his sword swings will be effectively useless.
I mean she'd still get cut so even if she isn't getting pushed back so what lel. A cut is a cut, and Guts' cuts won't heal, LS is pretty much irrelevant.
Stamina: Close but Guts takes this, Blake has feats of fighting for slightly longer but Guts has taken absurdly more punishment than Blake in those timeframes and kept fighting. The Berserker Armor forcing his body to keep fighting through insane damage is just an added bonus.
Pretty much what I'd say so I've no contentions with this.
Range: Blake takes this, hundreds of meters vs tens of meters, and Blake has a lot more versatility than Guts in her ranged options as well.
Fair I guess. Ranged options will be addressed later in the post.
Skill: Do I need to repost the skill chain Blake has? Guts is good but not RWBY high tiers good.
I've seen the skill chain and something I cooked up for Berserk a while back is probably comparable to that tbh. Gimme a bit to modify it to suit this thread(it's for Zodd not Guts but Guts scales) and I can send it.
Other: Of note, Blake has a similar ability set as Weiss, just without the versatility of glyphs. She is able to imbue her clones with Dust to catch opponents in traps in cqc, either setting them on fire with fire dust, stunning them and protecting herself with earth dust, or freezing them with ice dust. Her ice dust alone would massively screw Guts over as it is able to trap people stronger and more powerful than him to the point that they cant escape out without a heat source. She also has ranged energy slashes that go through solid matter, meaning she has the capacity to outright bypass Guts' armor unless it has shown to block intangible attacks.
Fire dust and lightning dust or whatever get's hard resisted by Guts and Earth dust Guts can just outright destroy. Pretty much the same with the Ice Dust. So most of her ranged Dust options either get resisted and her close-ranged Dust attacks just get broken out of or destroyed outright.

Also Blake doesn't have durability negation so I don't see why Guts' armor wouldn't block her "intangible attacks". You'd need to put that on the profile for it to be relevant lol.

Zodd's skill scales to being able to dominate entire battlefields of skilled warriors from across the world, constantly fighting against some of the most skilled human soldiers for 300+ years, constantly searching for new and challenging opponents, and is able to contend with characters like Skull Knight who have 1000+ years of experience fighting against Demonic Apostles of the God Hand, some of which have lived and fought for times just as long as Zodd and have immense experience in combat, those which include Wyald who was the leader of a Band of Knights, Locus who is skilled enough to be acknowledged by someone as intelligent and strategic as Griffith as one of the top commanders/fighters of his army which is also composed of other skilled Apostles/War Demons, Irvine who has the same if not slightly inferior credentials in comparison to Locus and has such insane precision that he can fire multiple arrows across a battlefield and nail every single shot effortlessly, Rakshas who is a member of an incredibly skilled clan of assassins known as the Bakiraka clan who are masters of both combat but also stealth/infiltration and quiet killing with Rakshas himself having the skills required to have a completely unreadable position to even other skilled Apostles and he also possesses immense acrobatical/movement ability, and finally Grunbeld who is a legendary warrior who was capable of holding off a superior force of over 3000+ enemies with sheer tactics and skill, and characters like Guts, Zodd, and Skull Knight scale far above all of these people barring Griffith in terms of combat skill and intellect, with Zodd being able to fight Skull Knight who would fold all of these previously stated characters in terms of skill barring Griffith. And note that all of the Apostles mentioned are some of Griffith's top commanders/fighters, the same Griffith who while in his human form was a combat/tactical genius capable of dominating entire battlefields with merely his Band of the Hawk, winning battles with 3,000 soldiers while going against those who had tens of thousands, the same army having been unconquerable and unbeatable to any previous military force in Midland for over 100 years of constant war in Midland, and had built himself up from nothing as one of the greatest military commanders in all of Midland through skill and tactical mind. God Hand Griffith is even more superior to this due to literally being capable of viewing causality's flow and has acknowledged the previously stated Apostles barring Wyald as some of his top generals.

So yeah Guts shouldn't be to far off from Blake in terms of combat skill. He's also stupidly more experienced than her as well.

Zodd's skill scales to being able to dominate entire battlefields of skilled warriors from across the world, constantly fighting against some of the most skilled human soldiers for 300+ years, constantly searching for new and challenging opponents, and is able to contend with characters like Skull Knight who have 1000+ years of experience fighting against Demonic Apostles of the God Hand, some of which have lived and fought for times just as long as Zodd and have immense experience in combat, those which include Wyald who was the leader of a Band of Knights, Locus who is skilled enough to be acknowledged by someone as intelligent and strategic as Griffith as one of the top commanders/fighters of his army which is also composed of other skilled Apostles/War Demons, Irvine who has the same if not slightly inferior credentials in comparison to Locus and has such insane precision that he can fire multiple arrows across a battlefield and nail every single shot effortlessly, Rakshas who is a member of an incredibly skilled clan of assassins known as the Bakiraka clan who are masters of both combat but also stealth/infiltration and quiet killing with Rakshas himself having the skills required to have a completely unreadable position to even other skilled Apostles and he also possesses immense acrobatical/movement ability, and finally Grunbeld who is a legendary warrior who was capable of holding off a superior force of over 3000+ enemies with sheer tactics and skill, and characters like Guts, Zodd, and Skull Knight scale far above all of these people barring Griffith in terms of combat skill and intellect, with Zodd being able to fight Skull Knight who would fold all of these previously stated characters in terms of skill barring Griffith. And note that all of the Apostles mentioned are some of Griffith's top commanders/fighters, the same Griffith who while in his human form was a combat/tactical genius capable of dominating entire battlefields with merely his Band of the Hawk, winning battles with 3,000 soldiers while going against those who had tens of thousands, the same army having been unconquerable and unbeatable to any previous military force in Midland for over 100 years of constant war in Midland, and had built himself up from nothing as one of the greatest military commanders in all of Midland through skill and tactical mind. God Hand Griffith is even more superior to this due to literally being capable of viewing causality's flow and has acknowledged the previously stated Apostles barring Wyald as some of his top generals.

So yeah Guts shouldn't be to far off from Blake in terms of combat skill. He's also stupidly more experienced than her as well.
Seems we both need to make blog post explaining skill lists lol

Reading through that Guts is definitely more skilled than I previously thought but Blake should still hold somewhat of an advantage, and it wouldnt be the first time shes faced an opponent who is more experienced than her seeing as she has fought and beaten Roman twice, with Roman having a full decade more experience than her and feats of 1v3ing a team of pro huntsmen like it was nothing.

Will respond to the rest later but this is interesting

Seems we both need to make blog post explaining skill lists lol

Reading through that Guts is definitely more skilled than I previously thought but Blake should still hold somewhat of an advantage, and it wouldnt be the first time shes faced an opponent who is more experienced than her seeing as she has fought and beaten Roman twice, with Roman having a full decade more experience than her and feats of 1v3ing a team of pro huntsmen like it was nothing.

Will respond to the rest later but this is interesting
I'll probably need to make a blog, yeah, since that specific list was meant for Zodd and didn't explain all of Guts' scaling, Guts just happens to scale to Zodd.

I mean that's different because Guts has been fighting in wide-scale wars since he was like 4 years old, and has fought for years against so many Apostles that I can't really describe them all. So it's less about the experience and more so what Guts did to actually get the experience is fundamentally different than whatever Roman has and what Blake faced.

Not all there is to it.

Human Mozgus' casual God Breath(119.07 tons) <<< Apostle Form Mozgus <= Injured Guts (Matched and defeated Apostle Form Mozgus) << Human Grunbeld (Effortlessly stomped an injured Guts) <= Fully Healthy Guts << Apostle Form Grunbeld << Apostle Form Grunbeld's durability <<<<< Berserker Armor Guts (Effortlessly dominated Apostle Form Grunbeld and made a crack in his face with a single slash)

So yeah Guts may as well be able to lolstomp everybody below him on this list in sheer power. The only 8-A's in Berserk comparable to Berserker Armor Guts are Skull Knight, Zodd, Ganishka, and the Sea God thing. So AP isn't as wide as you think.
Are there any multipliers in any of this? That chain definitely puts Guts closer to Blake in AP but I dont believe that it would put him on the same level, i think you would need an in-verse multiplier for that.
I mean she'd still get cut so even if she isn't getting pushed back so what lel. A cut is a cut, and Guts' cuts won't heal, LS is pretty much irrelevant.
Why would she get cut? Unless her aura goes down all of Guts' sword attacks will just be turned into blunt force, Aura as a verse mechanic prevents the user from being cut by bladed attacks.
Fire dust and lightning dust or whatever get's hard resisted by Guts and Earth dust Guts can just outright destroy. Pretty much the same with the Ice Dust. So most of her ranged Dust options either get resisted and her close-ranged Dust attacks just get broken out of or destroyed outright.
That's the thing though, if he destroys it it stuns him in return, that's what her earth clone is designed to do. Not sure on the ice dust either seeing as people on blake's level arent able to break out of it, and she can restrain people who have class M lifting strength with it, so if he gets frozen he cant really break out of it as he wont be able to move to try to break free.
Also Blake doesn't have durability negation so I don't see why Guts' armor wouldn't block her "intangible attacks". You'd need to put that on the profile for it to be relevant lol.
Intangibility isnt inherrently durability negation, but the ability itself is listed on her profile:

"Blade Beam: Blake launches a horizontal beam from her sword that passes through and stuns enemies. She can fire up to three of these beams from her sword simultaneously."

I can do a quick crt if you really need me to but it is on the profile already so I dont see why it's necessary.

I'll probably need to make a blog, yeah, since that specific list was meant for Zodd and didn't explain all of Guts' scaling, Guts just happens to scale to Zodd.

I mean that's different because Guts has been fighting in wide-scale wars since he was like 4 years old, and has fought for years against so many Apostles that I can't really describe them all. So it's less about the experience and more so what Guts did to actually get the experience is fundamentally different than whatever Roman has and what Blake faced.
I mean, Blake has been fighting since she was a child too, as have basically all of the characters from Vacuo, it's literally a thing that even as a child if you cant fight well enough to kill threats then you will die, on top of blake being of a comparable level to people who have been training since they were old enough to walk

Why would she get cut? Unless her aura goes down all of Guts' sword attacks will just be turned into blunt force, Aura as a verse mechanic prevents the user from being cut by bladed attacks.

The dragonslayer deals damage on the astral level too, something like soul hax so very much doubt aura will stop that.

I mean, Blake has been fighting since she was a child too, as have basically all of the characters from Vacuo, it's literally a thing that even as a child if you cant fight well enough to kill threats then you will die, on top of blake being of a comparable level to people who have been training since they were old enough to walk
I mean yeah but have they been fighting in literal wars against full-grown adults as children and in literal wars against demons lol.
Are there any multipliers in any of this? That chain definitely puts Guts closer to Blake in AP but I dont believe that it would put him on the same level, i think you would need an in-verse multiplier for that.
No multipliers but the scaling definitely makes the already miniscule AP gap of 2.0952381x even more miniscule. So the AP advantage for Blake is there but it may as well not be very relevant unless she has some stupid amps.
The Dragon Slayer cuts the Astral Body, otherwise the Soul, so she would be taking damage directly to her Soul, her Aura, which cannot be healed or regenerated. She's getting cut.
That's the thing though, if he destroys it it stuns him in return, that's what her earth clone is designed to do. Not sure on the ice dust either seeing as people on blake's level arent able to break out of it, and she can restrain people who have class M lifting strength with it, so if he gets frozen he cant really break out of it as he wont be able to move to try to break free
How does it stun him? And how exactly does she surround him with ice? It's very likely he can take the opposite route of destroying it and simply dodging it, given Guts in the Berserker Armor isn't stupid.
Intangibility isnt inherrently durability negation, but the ability itself is listed on her profile:

"Blade Beam: Blake launches a horizontal beam from her sword that passes through and stuns enemies. She can fire up to three of these beams from her sword simultaneously."

I can do a quick crt if you really need me to but it is on the profile already so I dont see why it's necessary.
I mean fair I guess? This either gets dodged or the Berserker Armor nulls the damage he takes and makes him keep fighting depending on how the stunning works and how long it lasts.

The dragonslayer deals damage on the astral level too, something like soul hax so very much doubt aura will stop that.
From Guts' page:

"While there are claims that Dragon Slayer negates durability by attacking the soul, this is not true, nor are claims it outright possesses a busted degree of regeneration negation (this argument commonly phrased as something to the effect of "Dragon Slayer kills with a scratch"). Its power is more along the lines of creating wounds that will never fully recover, and even if healed or regenerated, they will open up again. This isn't full-blown regeneration negation but will function as such when it comes to more debilitating injuries."

So no, that isnt going to happen

From Guts' page:

"While there are claims that Dragon Slayer negates durability by attacking the soul, this is not true, nor are claims it outright possesses a busted degree of regeneration negation (this argument commonly phrased as something to the effect of "Dragon Slayer kills with a scratch"). Its power is more along the lines of creating wounds that will never fully recover, and even if healed or regenerated, they will open up again. This isn't full-blown regeneration negation but will function as such when it comes to more debilitating injuries."

So no, that isnt going to happen
I mean this would still apply to any form of force created by the Dragon Slayer, whether it's blunt or cutting lol. If Blake gets hit with the thing, her soul is getting hurt and she isn't healing.

I mean this would still apply to any form of force created by the Dragon Slayer, whether it's blunt or cutting lol. If Blake gets hit with the thing, her soul is getting hurt and she isn't healing.
But Blake isnt getting hit by it, her aura is protecting her

No, it's just a barrier projected by her soul. Semblances are the manifestation of the soul
Then why does the page for Aura say that Aura is " a manifestation of the soul, a life force that runs through every living creature on Remnant, whether they are a meager shopkeep or a renowned knight".

Rwby characters vs the dragonslayer is like throwing paper to fire. They use their souls as shields, the very thing the dragonslayer eats away.

Rwby characters vs the dragonslayer is like throwing paper to fire. They use their souls as shields, the very thing the dragonslayer eats away.
They dont though, unless youd like to argue that they can all regenerate their souls and survive soul destruction

Then why does the page for Aura say that Aura is " a manifestation of the soul, a life force that runs through every living creature on Remnant, whether they are a meager shopkeep or a renowned knight".
Because our page is severely outdated. Aura is not the soul, it's just a barrier projected by the soul, unless youd like to argue that all rwby characters can regen their souls and survive soul destruction

Because our page is severely outdated. Aura is not the soul, it's just a barrier projected by the soul, unless youd like to argue that all rwby characters can regen their souls and survive soul destruction
Even if I were to believe this(which I sorta don't but I'll play Devil's Advocate for the sake of a fair debate), wouldn't continuous attacks to her Aura break it since Aura damage is cumulative? And wouldn't keeping up her Aura barrier for the entirety of the fight merely drain it at a quicker rate?

Even if I were to believe this(which I sorta don't but I'll play Devil's Advocate for the sake of a fair debate), wouldn't continuous attacks to her Aura break it since Aura damage is cumulative? And wouldn't keeping up her Aura barrier for the entirety of the fight merely drain it at a quicker rate?
It would break eventually if she is continuously hit yeah (though it would take several dozen solid hits for someone weaker than her to break her aura), but just keeping aura up doesnt drain it

It would break eventually if she is continuously hit yeah (though it would take several dozen solid hits for someone weaker than her to break her aura), but just keeping aura up doesnt drain it
I mean Guts isn't weaker than her to a very relevant extent so this is probably a possibility as well(given we both agree they are not that far apart in terms of skill, if not somewhat equal).

And doesn't using her Semblance also drain her aura?

I mean Guts isn't weaker than her to a very relevant extent so this is probably a possibility as well(given we both agree they are not that far apart in terms of skill, if not somewhat equal).

And doesn't using her Semblance also drain her aura?
Fair, but still, would take a few dozen solid blows before her aura goes down

And it does yeah but the amount drained is negligible, especially in blake's case where she regularly spams it in combat without it ever being shown to drain significant amounts of aura, even in the vytal festival where they were keeping track of all the characters' auras on-screen

Huh. Well, I think this is a pretty interesting match. I'll have to vote Guts, though, and the level of difficulty he'd go through taking this fight is most likely Mid diff to somewhat High difficulty, if not a solid high difficulty given Blake's fighting style. Though it's weird.

Blake has lots of advantages, from higher LS and stun options to vastly higher range, but I personally think Guts having such an absurdly high amount of endurance in comparison to Blake as well as his skill and acrobatics will allow him to dodge most of her ranged options. Keep in mind that Berserker Armor Guts is no idiot, the Armor makes him even more skilled than normal Guts, so Blake will have to play the fight conservatively the entire time to avoid getting hit, because when up close she's either getting a cannon blast to the face, or a Dragon Slayer to the face, the Dragon Slayer being far harder to evade due to the sheer size of the weapon in question, and he's more than willing to take attacks that would otherwise be fatal to get the jump on the opponent, so much so that Blake would've never experienced it before. And honestly, Blake playing this fight entirely conservatively is only worse for her, being on the defensive for a portion of the fight against Guts is not a good thing at all.

Blake's illusion Semblance is a huge asset to her here, but half of her elemental illusions Guts resists, and the other half he'd do better at just avoiding or completely destroying, and even if destroying them does stun him, it's doubtful that Blake can inflict a relevant amount of damage to him in the time that he's stunned(assuming he gets hit by a stun and also assuming her stun even lasts that long). So she definitely has the means to play it conservatively, but in the long-run Guts will have the advantage due to sheer tenacity and endurance. If anything, her normal Shadow Clones are her best asset at getting the jump on Guts, but even then Guts has Enhanced Senses and Analytical Prediction to deal with attacks that could possibly get the jump on him, so her illusions, which, mind you, will be effective in some cases, become less effective than they would normally be against any other opponent. Guts is also comparable to her in raw skill, so, her illusions would be even harder to properly use to get the jump on him or confuse him, not even taking into account Guts can fight without being able to see and can predict things he can't see.

Guts also has several healing items on him capable of healing any cuts, burns, or otherwise any other copious amounts of damage that he's taken throughout the series in the form of elf dust, which can heal wounds up to Low-Mid, stacking this along with his Type 2 Immortality granted to him with the Berserker Armor, making him even harder for Blake to kill or incapacitate to any relevant extent. This just gives Guts more time to land hits and eventually break her aura, and once her aura breaks a single solid hit is really all it will take to end the fight, because any solid hit that she takes will only permanently scar her beyond what even her aura would be able to heal.

I'd go into more detail about why I think Guts wins but I don't feel like typing anymore, so I'm just going to vote Guts.

Back