• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Guts vs Toji (GRACE)

Time for something N E W !

My last JJK fight didn't go so well, so let's try something else.

GUTS :

vs

TOJI :4(Duedate8898,LIFE_OF_KING,Syncornize,speedster352,Dr._whiteee,CapWhiteRose,AThe1412)

Yowai Mo(incon) :

The demon hunter vs the guy that hunts demon hunters (sorcerers).
Both 8-A.
Speed Equalized because wth is going on with JJK's speed?
Black Swordsman Guts has access to his usual gear. Repeater crossbow and cannon in his arm, bombs, Dragonslayer, Berserker Armor etc
Hidden Inventory Toji has access to his cursed spirit inventory with the Soul Katana, Inverted Spear of Heaven, Chain of a Thousand Miles etc
Fight takes place on some poor sap's farm land.

Last edited:
Hmm, while I would say that Guts is probably the more skilled fighter due to experience, I do think he ultimately loses to Toji.

Both have oddly similar kits and seem to utilize them quite effectively.

However, I do think this comes down to a matter of fighting styles.

While I do think Guts can deflect Toji's attacks he can't actually block them and Gut's fighting style isn't one that solely relies on deflects. So when he ultimately does block a strike from Toji with Dragon Slayer it gets cut in half by the Soul Katana and Guts is now down his main weapon. And from there I don't see Guts being able to properly finish the job with any of his other tools or even if he goes into his Berserk Armor state. Without Guts really having a good understanding of how Toji's weapon works, he ends up in the position to be the one that loses this fight.

My vote goes for Toji.

yeah the soul splits dura negation is the big trump card here

Toji will sooner or later use it and that will lead to a weapon loss for guts after which he himself will get cut up pretty bad

Guts also has a soul split sword but even more buffed since it can cut layered AE Type 1 beings and entitys with spiritual nature

However, Toji is pretty much more agile and skilled imo. So gonna vote for him

EDIT: He is not more skilled

Last edited:
Hmmm. Wondering if I should make it Puppet Toji with just the Playful Cloud to make it a more even match up. I'm also starting to wonder how Guts beat two Lightsaber users without getting Dragonslayer cut.

Hmmm. Wondering if I should make it Puppet Toji with just the Playful Cloud to make it a more even match up. I'm also starting to wonder how Guts beat two Lightsaber users without getting Dragonslayer cut.
I mean lightsabers don't have dura neg

If something is tougher than city block+ they won't just cut through it, plus they've had issues with cutting through metal that is quite a bit less durable than the dragon slayer's magical bullshit also lesser thickness

as for the match up yeah a playful cloud only toji might be for the better, cuse he can't one shot guts, guts has better skill so he will be able to keep up with that pregoc level analytical analysis of toji and due to the playful cloud effect of increasing the striking power dramatically toji will be pushing out insane damage with his strikes

According to my analysis at the level of Hax Gutsu has a significant gap with Toji, both in quantity and quality. However, Toji's fighting style is much more skillful and evasive, fully exploiting incredible physical stats by combining speed and power allowing him to stay in constant motion with sudden changes of direction and punish the opponent. Toji's incredible senses allow him to easily perceive his opponent's movements,distinguishing temeprature and density in the air, allowing him to play ahead and react accordingly.
As seen in the figt against Gojo. his goal is not only to kill but to inhibit the opponent from likely escapes or reactions, destabilizing the opponent's balance and equilibrium ultimately rendering his legs useless. (Toji is also a martial fighter,which includes various disarmament techniques)
Toji in addition to having durab.neg. on his side has an Ap about twice as high as Gutsu. (let's not forget the power null.)

Toji has an unintuitive fighting style, with a lot of movement accompanied by lethal blows, and when necessary he goes to destabilize or eliminate from the beginning the opponent's reactions and movements granting him an assured "fatality." As much as Gutsu can also react the difference in AP is too much to handle, on the first strike Gutsu would have the guard totally absent, Toji has the embarrassment of choice on how to handle the fight. Gutsu would need time to strategize against Toji and his "unorthodox" fighting patterns

in conclusion Toji would end the fight quickly because of his elusive and eventful fighting style accompanied by superior physical power

he does, his doesn't ignore durability though.
Given they are similar kit on a metaphysical level and Dragon Slayer is explicitly outlandishly durable for it's material (could hack through a demon dragon's corundum scales no problem without being damaged even though even just regular corundum is way harder than sword-quality steel) so a case could be made that it has at least limited Invulnerability. Could Split Soul Katana get through Dragon Slayer eventually? I believe so, but it's not gonna be a one-shot on account of the Dragon Slayer being bathed in the essence of not one but thousands of souls, and also having more layers of NPI.

Back