• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Then what changed 🗿
Besides the nice looking render ig

He doesn't need to stake Alucard. He just needs to cut him in half by the chest to destroy his heart.

Okay but like if Guts destroys Alucard's heart that uses up a soul anyway. The point is to make Alucard use his souls.

is it in character for Guts to stake anyone
I mean, he has impaled and run enemies through before (and given how big his blade is, that's like a whole torso blown out).
But it isn't inherently more in character than say, swinging his blade to cleave foes in half, slicing them up or down the middle, or anything else, at least when against foes he doesn't inherently have reason to pick one over the other.
He does it, and he does it quite a lot, but he also does other things a lot too. Though he does tend for thrusting attacks against larger enemies for what that's worth.

But his blade is absolutely massive, it's like a good 40-50cm wide, he commonly blows out humanoid foes whole bodies into a bloody gore.
he regenerated from his whole body getting shot including his chest and shi
Yeah, Alucard can come back from a bloody pile, my main concern is if the astral damage would gimp Alucard's regen. The Dragon Slayer (Guts big sword) can inflict wounds on the astral body, so when the body is healed or regenerated, the wound itself still stays on the astral body on the astral plane (almost like a soul wound), which causes unimaginable pain among other things, it also has the caveat of forcing regenerated wounds to reopen again, some which Guts himself had experienced, having his chest slashed open by a certain foe, even though his chest wound was healed completely, because the wound still existed on his body on the astral plane, his chest wound magically re-manifested itself and basically negated the regen.

Issue is I'm unsure if Alucard's soul stock would take the astral wound in his stead making this completely useless and no different than just a normal attack, or if the astral damage would be inflicted on Alucard's "astral body" and as such, not inherited by the soul stock. Depending on what we go with, this could be a major deciding factor in the match.

the 8-A calc with Alucard isn't even correct anyway, im pretty sure some peeps in the upgrade thread managed to prove why 8-A is impossible 🗿

Okay but like if Guts destroys Alucard's heart that uses up a soul anyway. The point is to make Alucard use his souls.
Aint no way Guts is gonna keep destroying his heart 120 000 times. Alucard would have time for that not to happen coz hes slightly faster

I mean, he has impaled and run enemies through before (and given how big his blade is, that's like a whole torso blown out).
But it isn't inherently more in character than say, swinging his blade to cleave foes in half, slicing them up or down the middle, or anything else, at least when against foes he doesn't inherently have reason to pick one over the other.
He does it, and he does it quite a lot, but he also does other things a lot too. Though he does tend for thrusting attacks against larger enemies for what that's worth.

But his blade is absolutely massive, it's like a good 40-50cm wide, he commonly blows out humanoid foes whole bodies into a bloody gore.

Yeah, Alucard can come back from a bloody pile, my main concern is if the astral damage would gimp Alucard's regen. The Dragon Slayer (Guts big sword) can inflict wounds on the astral body, so when the body is healed or regenerated, the wound itself still stays on the astral body on the astral plane (almost like a soul wound), which causes unimaginable pain among other things, it also has the caveat of forcing regenerated wounds to reopen again, some which Guts himself had experienced, having his chest slashed open by a certain foe, even though his chest wound was healed completely, because the wound still existed on his body on the astral plane, his chest wound magically re-manifested itself and basically negated the regen.

Issue is I'm unsure if Alucard's soul stock would take the astral wound in his stead making this completely useless and no different than just a normal attack, or if the astral damage would be inflicted on Alucard's "astral body" and as such, not inherited by the soul stock. Depending on what we go with, this could be a major deciding factor in the match.
Has Guts actually negated anyone's regen on alucard's regen lvl?

Let me rephrase, it's less negating the regen, and more landing an attack on the soul itself.
Alucard can regenerate and heal, the issue is the wound he inflicts will just reopen. It's unconventional negation, less a negation and more inflicting a continuous wound.
also maybe? He did harm a certain character and caused her to flee. She can definitely reassemble her avatar from major damage, but that's spoilers, if you're reading the manga it's kind of a pivotal point in it

Let me rephrase, it's less negating the regen, and more landing an attack on the soul itself.
Alucard can regenerate and heal, the issue is the wound he inflicts will just reopen. It's unconventional negation, less a negation and more inflicting a continuous wound.
also maybe? He did harm a certain character and caused her to flee. She can definitely reassemble her avatar from major damage, but that's spoilers, if you're reading the manga it's kind of a pivotal point in it
i guess the dragon slayer would possibly be able to do some high damage but that's only if alucard goes level 0 right?
also why does that it say in gut's profile that its limited?

It's limited because he has to actually hit you and deal damage first, and he doesn't stop healing or whatever elsewhere, just the specific wound he inflicts with his blade can remanifest if extreme caution isn't taken.

Aka he doesn't just go boo now you can't regen, there's some circumstances and caveats to it.

And if the dragon slayer ability negated Al's regen, wouldn't a new soul be put in place?
Alucard would be able to react to dragon slayer since we saw base al dodge alhambras playing cards. lvl 1 is faster than that

Last edited:
What was being discussed last, I forget and I ain't rereading

Weren't we talking about Guts literally has unconventional regen neg that Alucard doesn't really have an answer for?

Yeah but he lacks all his actual abilities in that key. He's just a strong dude with sword in his 9-A key ignoring the fact he's destined to suffer

Back