• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Big. Thicc. Blades: Qrow Branwen vs Legate Lanius

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Qrow would be able to do the same thing, and given that theyre starting at a distance he would likely lead with it too. Also i like how you keep forgetting to acknowledge that he has air slashes.

Having a predictable fighting style isnt game mechanics and it sure is gonna be a hindrance against a much more agile and mobile fighter like Qrow.

Neither would Qrow as he prefers to stay mobile in sword fights but he's entirely capable of overpowering Legate in a blade lock if it happens.

No i mean anyone in his general vicinity, its the reason why he didnt want Team JNPR to interfere when he was fighting Tyrian because he knew his bad luck would get them injured and potentially killed. Hell it almost did get Ruby killed but he sacrificed himself to protect her. Qrow is able to amplify his bad luck when he's fighting an opponent, causing bad things to passively happen to them a lot more frequently.

Gonna have to go with Legate FRA

Qrow is basically a less versatile version of the Courier, where his ranged slashes and shotgun bursts along with his passive bad luck, could give Legate some trouble, it will only get him so far.

Range game isn't anything new to Legate, and Qrow's bad luck will only get him so far, and it isn't really gonna allow him to just overcome Legate's insane skill that he's acquired through years of scouring the wasteland, having taken out whole groups of Legion soldiers by himself (who are hardened warriors with some notable skill), even wiping out a portion of his own tribe in a berserker rage, and having gone up against numerous creatures and people that possess numerous different abilities and weapons.

@PTS Qrow's luck has instantly overcome people with years of combat skill after them being exposed for a few seconds

You guys really need to stop downplaying Qrow's luck as it's much more impressive than you guys want to believe it is

Also just want to point out that killing hordes of tier 10 and tier 9 soldiers as an 8-B is hardly an impressive feat regardless of how skilled those soldiers are

So the argument that Legate has taken on groups of tier 10 and 9 soldiers who are somewhat skilled a few times is kinda trumped by the fact that Qrow fights hordes of 8-C to 8-B grimm on a daily basis

The Strongest Grimm that aren't the Dragon are 18 Tons which is "Casually stomped" territory for Qrow

That logic works against both characters

In which case it shouldnt be used as evidence for either as decimating armies and hordes that are exponentially weaker than you isnt anywhere near an impressive feat

Honestly how is Legate meant to overcome the range advantage (note that I dont know about him) he may be much stronger, but he does not have any means to close the gap as far as I know. Qrow can just wittle him down from range and coupled with his bad luck, could lead to Legate finding it near impossible to touch Qrow.

WeeklyBattles said:
So the argument that Legate has taken on groups of tier 10 and 9 soldiers who are somewhat skilled a few times is kinda trumped by the fact that Qrow fights hordes of 8-C to 8-B grimm on a daily basis
You were the one you said Qrow trumped even though both are equally unimpressive

Actually no, no one went over it other then 'Legate has fought range spammers', the range spammer being the one who canonically kills him

Gargoyle One said:
@Weekly

Courier had help from other NCR Rangers/Elites, saying "He died that fight" isn't a good exampleespecially since comparing Qrow's supposed range spam even though I've never seen him do it except once with Winter compared to that of a dude stocked with explosive anti material rifles, Lazer Rifles etc etc.

@Garg I can pull up dozens upon dozens of videos of the Courier killing Legate 1v1 with no help from NPCs with weaker guns in a few shots

Game Mechanics

At this point though I'm geniuenely tired of debating this and I'm honestly pulling a Dragonmaster with how hard I'm arguing for one character, so I'll drop the debate and just count votes from here on

I went through it and no one really explained how he was meant to close the gap, I guess I would vote for Qrow then, via range advantage and bad luck semblance to assist.

You know what

Weekly was being a stubborn pain in the neck as always but he was right on one simple thing

being that Bad Luck is broken as heck, honestly the only reason he lost to Tyrian Callows is that the alternative was letting Ruby get stabbed.

While Legate does have enough AP to stand a good chance if he gets a good hit, bad luck blues will probably either never give him a hit, or just not a good enough one to really do much to Qrow.

So I think I'd have to, in retrospect, go with Qrow.

Is the courier having extremely high good luck canon or not, because luck in New Vegas luck is pretty broken. You can guess the password of random robots out of the blue, and have people randomly appear out of nowhere to help (mysterious stranger and miss fortune perks). But that's probably really non canon so I'll vote inconclusive. Qrow's Luck hax is huge pain, but the ap and durability advantage Legate allows him to nearly one shot.

Rocker1189 said:
But how is Legate meant to close the gap.
Which gap? Legate has the AP and durability advantage so are you talking about skill, luck, or distance? (I guess your talking about distance; Qrow is going to enter melee range at some point, the sword would be pointless to have if he never uses it, and Legate has fought a range spammer before, but that is going to be a huge pain in his ass; I probably should say inconclusive leaning to Qrow)

Lanius can cut off a T-51b power armor and tank bullets, i don't think Qrow gunscythe is gonna much at gun mode so he'll have to engage in close combat, Legate also has fough some a people with range weapon before. in my opinion broken luck is going to play factor more, but it'll play for both of em but i'll be giving more to lanius for skills

im giving this to lanius

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back