• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bird vs Bird (MHA vs RWBY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRustyOne

VS Battles
Calculation Group
The two laid back bird people fighting each other, how could I resist?

Speed is Equalized.

Hawks's AP: Stronger than 20 tons, but weaker than 46 tons.

Qrow's AP: Far, Far, stronger than 18 tons.

Who wins?

Hawks: Jinx666, Litentric Teon, Dargoo Faust, Maverick Zero X, Schnee One, Desmond253, DragonEmperor23 (7)

Qrow: (0)

Hawks

Amity Arena character art of Qrow Branwen

I'm not voting yet cause I'm not really sure, but I'm kinda leaning towards Qrow at the moment, considering Hawks has to contend with both his Aura and Semblence. They should be roughly equal AP wise and both are skilled at range, which is almost the same, and in close quarters. Hawks has what is basically danmaku and perma-flight, while Qrow has to transform to fly. Also, if Hawks can disarm Qrow then he should have this in the bag, but I'm not sure that's very likely.

Problem is Hawks has limited ammo, whereas if Qrow runs out of buckshot he can just resort to air slashes as a ranged attack

Also if Hawks spams his ranged attacks too much he loses his perma-flight

Weaknesses: Has a limited amount of feathers and it takes a long time for him to create new ones. The more feathers he uses, the smaller his wings gets, disminishing his flight capability.

I think he needs to regrow them. But, unless he loses all his feathers like he did against High-End, I think it's a pretty quick recovery. Even after losing all his feathers, I think it only took a day to grow them all back. I assume growing back one or two or ten would be a sufficient amount faster.

No, I don't believe so. He's only had the one fight. I'm more so speculating given the shown Regenerationn rate, to be fair.

Hawks definitely dominates the air game, Qrows crow form definitely doesn't seem to retain any AP and is only really used in short bursts than to fight. But i'd like to think Qrow is a little more skilled overall

Hawks may be able to diminish Qrows aura pretty quick as he constantly shoots multiple feathers from all directions (He can re use feathers and pluck them back into him as we see, sicne they are all telepathically controlled, and hawks has got plenty to spare, all of which have amazing control, Qrow couldn't block all of them.

I also don;t know how well a bad luck semblance would work on Hawks' in the air, as it usually involves objects on the grounds, and there not being much to exploit in the sky. He definitely cant make real bad luck on command like a lightning bolt striking him or something lmao.

And if he does have to rely on CQC, we see him fairly proficient with two feather swords that could take down a load of those noumu, but i still don't think Hawks trumps in in skill in that aspect.

Tbh i think im gonna go for Hawks based on his tricky air game, ability to pretty much danmaku so Qrow cant block them all, re use feathers telepathically and essentially because i cant think of a way Qrows semblance could work against someone aerial with the usual things his semblance affects

Qrow can use how spin blade thing he used against tyrian to block the feathers

His semblance can do something like make hawks accidentally crash into into a tree

Accidentally crash into a tree. From several dozen to potentially hundreds of meters in the air.

That would actually be hilarious.

Though, that would involve losing control on over 100 feathers, which is very unlikely, eve with his semblance. That's a lot of bad luck.

Also, a blade, even if spun cannot physically cover 50 points all around his body at once.

I mean Qrow has made more unlikely things happen, like making making a master sniper whose entire life was spent training to use a sniper rifle as as precision weapon while swinging it around wildly as as melee weapon be unable to hit a stationary target with multiple shots from a few meters away

That is very unlikely, fair enough. Though missing a few times from several feet away doesn't compare to causing bad luck to occur on 100+ individually controlled feathers. I don't think his semblance has that kind of potency to affect that many things at once.

His semblance actually gets more effective the more things and people he's around, its why he tries to stay solo as much as he can. He can also focus his semblance in order to make it more potent

Qrow can do the spin thing, but it doesn't block him from all directions like Hawks can attack from.

And Hawks would be way too up in the air to be clos enough to crash into a tree.

Bad luck doesn't really affect the perosn persay, but more the area around them. Like, it cant just up and make Hawks crash.

And what master sniper do you mean? Cause Ruby? She was hitting her targets fine. Tyrian was just blocking her. And i dont remember his semblance getting more effective with more people, if you could link me to where thats stated. He flies solo because people get caught up in his semblance.

Never said it did but it would block a majority of them and potentially destroy them.

A building then seeing as theyre in central park. Or a pigeon potentially flies into hos face and distracts him.

It can potentially lock up his feathers though and make him unable to shoot them.

Ruby flat out missed the first shot she took while Tyrian was standing completely still and not even paying attention to her.

Spinning to defend wouldn't destroy them. Plus they're controlled telepathically, they can just disperse and attack him from behind

Hawks would have to be extremely off guard. And a pigeon doesn't just fly into someones general direction. Nor would colliding with a pigeon distract him at all. Buildings even less likely

He can just rearrange them telepathically then. He controls the movement of his feathers, and i doubt they would get clogged up in the time it takes for this fight.

Yeah, but we cant say that was essentially Qrow's bad luck. It's not like Ruby has a thing where she never misses, so its unclear to assume that. but Tyrian was just blocking her shots easily. As likely as it is, we can't just blame Qrow for everything without like, something extremely obvious.

WeeklyBattles said:
I mean Qrow has made more unlikely things happen, like making making a master sniper whose entire life was spent training to use a sniper rifle as as precision weapon while swinging it around wildly as as melee weapon be unable to hit a stationary target with multiple shots from a few meters away
A) I feel like you're overplaying Ruby's skill hard if you're talking about her.

B) Tyrian blocked her shots, she didn't miss. Missing one shot is a mistake any sniper can make regardless.

C) I'd honestly call that PIS as it isn't strongly implied to be the effect of Qrow's aura like the roof collapsing,

@Dargoo Youre underplaying Ruby's skill hard if you think she's not

Ruby has never once over the entire series missed a shot until that point, i personally checked. Even when swinging crescent rose around like a madwoman she has always landed her shots.

It was immediately after he told them to get away from him, the implication is in fact that his semblance was taking effect

@Jinx Why wouldnt it? He's actively attacking them, unless theyre more durable than Hawk himself they would be destroyed.

Its luck manip, the unlikely becomes the likely, thats how luck manip works.

Qrow has fought alongside Glynda for years, he has experience with people who fight like Hawks does.

She doesnt miss though, not once in the entire series until that point, and it was immediately after Qrow told her to get away form him implying his semblance was taking effect.

It's completely normal for any sniper to miss a shot regardless of skill. And no, Ruby isn't a "master sniper" in respect to RWBY and other fictional franchises.

Qrow's aura didn't turn Ruby into a hapless idiot, at best it just made the unpredictable atmospheric conditions work against a single bullet.

Which isn't massively unlikely.

'Unpredictable atmospheric conditions'

Gonna need a source on that otherwise that is a massive ass assumption

That isn't an assumption at all.

Sniping accuracy has plenty to do with wind direction, speed, weather conditions, etc. It's common knowledge for shooters who are firing at a range; and let me say that a number of meters away is not "point blank".

https://youtu.be/p026Y0WUy6Q

That said Qrow making Ruby miss one bullet in a world where mistakes are sort of a thing isn't crazy impressive. If she missed multiple shots, sure, in terms of probability it would exponentially get more and more unlikely. However missing one shot where there is plenty of stuff that can effect accuracy to begin with is not much.

Hawks projectile spamming Qrow with feathers and having one or two miss due to bad luck wouldn't really affect the result of the match too much.

Also if it wasn't too obvious I think Hawks is taking this mid-high difficulty.

It is a massive assumption given there was no implication that there were any severe atmospheric conditions that could possibly alter her shots

Ruby has NEVER made a mistake, doing so is a massive issue

"Severe atmospheric conditions"

Did you watch the video I linked? A light breeze can drastically change bullet trajectory at any distance, and Ruby barely missed the first shot. I don't know why you're so insistent on trying to make Qrow's ability sound more impressive than it actually is.

"Has never made a mistake" and "cannot make a mistake" are two very different statements. I think you're NLFing Ruby's skills a bit there.

Why are we even assuming Qrow's semblance is only ever going to screw over hawks, it normally gives Qrow more problems rather than anyone he figthing.

For some reason Weekly believes that it will allow Qrow to somehow completely negate the projectile feather spam Hawks has, which seeing how it only made around 1/6-7 shots miss if you're being very generous isn't that likely.

Well, now I feel dumb.

"Hawks can telekinetically control the movement of each individual feather with ease, enabling him to fly and to shoot them as projectiles."

If Hawks misses he can just redirect them back at Qrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back