• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Huntsman vs Swordsman

Okay so you know how Kirito was able to not die upon being killed at the end of Aincrad

Incarnation is the canonical explaination of why that happened

Apparently, in VRMMOs, willing reality to make you not die works really well, even Kayaba admits it from the whole "I believe in powers beyond the system" or whatever

I don't see why Qrow can't cut him apart honestly

Yes, incarnation will be a pain but Qrow is not only much more experienced but Bad Luck GG plays a part as well, on top of Aura having to be broken to actually start hurting him

Schnee One said:
I don't see why Qrow can't cut him apart honestly
Yes, incarnation will be a pain but Qrow is not only much more experienced but Bad Luck GG plays a part as well, on top of Aura having to be broken to actually start hurting him
also doesnt he have a range advantage with his gun

he can fill Kirito's head with bullets

Kirito can just cut those via Deadly Sins or Spinning Shield, since it's a shotgun.

Incarnation grows stronger the more willed someone is. Incarnation already counters Bad Luck, but Qrow's semblance stays static while Incarnation continues to grow the more willed the user is, so Bad Luck will eventually be overpowered.

Stat amp + dual blades should pierce Aura pretty easily actually, considering Starburst Stream was a maaaaassive amp. It completely destroyed Gleam Eyes, who was barely damaged by any Sword Skills normally.

Qrow has experience, yes, but even that gap isn't that big, considering Kirito has fought life and death for over 2 years, and even afterwards has been constantly fighting in VR. Even without that, stat amp, Incarnation, dual blades, even Hypersense detecting violent intent is enough to cancel out Qrow's advantages or even surpass them.

3-4 years of experience actually considering events after SAO, but yeah. I did say even without that Kirito has advantages or cancels out most of Qrow's advantages.

You are severely overestimating Kiroto's incarnation, despite his incredible willpower he got impaled by Heathclif, would have died earlier if not for Asuna, and only one through circumstances involving the fact that he was still able to attack back, which won't happen if he gets impaled due to Aura.

Aura is significantly above Kirito's standard AP though, the Amp may put it near its level but it certainly won't pierce it easily, especially when he still needs to hit Qrow to do so

Also, duel blades are...Duel Blades, they're a weapon, same as Qrows scythe, not sure why they pierce easily.

Remember Kirito with one sword was barely able to scratch Gleam Eyes. With dual blades he practically solo'd it. It took an entire raid party to take Gleam Eyes down a tiny bit of Health as well. At the very least Starburst Stream is similar AP to Qrow's Aura.

I think Kirito might have a problem dealing with someone like Qrow due to his durability

If Qrow cuts Kirito, Kirito's gonna get cut

If Kirito cuts Qrow, his Aura will block at least most of the damage. Any damage that actually reaches Qrow gets healed up through passive regen

So unless Incarnation can revive Kirito as many times as he wants, Kirito isn't gonna win

Xmark12 said:
Remember Kirito with one sword was barely able to scratch Gleam Eyes. With dual blades he practically solo'd it. It took an entire raid party to take Gleam Eyes down a tiny bit of Health as well. At the very least Starburst Stream is similar AP to Qrow's Aura.
Starburst Stream is 1 attack

Qrow's Aura is always passive

Of course it's always passive. I'm arguing that Starburst Stream or Eclipse can break it.

Can't Qrow block the attacks to an extent?

I mean, the attacks's power is a combination of multiple strikes

If Qrow can block even half of ithe strikes (which he should be able to do due to speed equalization), then he can easily counterattack with anything else, since I doubt his Aura would be down after that

Xmark12 said:
Gleam Eyes is High 8C though.

Not sure if you can really scale duel blades and their strengths to another system.

Mickey1940 said:
If Qrow can block even half of ithe strikes (which he should be able to do due to speed equalization), then he can easily counterattack with anything else, since I doubt his Aura would be down after that
Speed amps can still boost someone's speed, even with speed equalized. Starburst Stream doubles the user's combat speed, so Kirito would still be faster.

I mean, isn't skill connect a option. He can skill connect starburst stream and the eclispe.

Also doesn't kirito have passive regen, he stated that in the vs rosalia fight

He ca use Skill Connect at this point in time, so it's possible.

And yeah, Kirito has Battle Healing.

Qrow's semblance will still be a problem with that, though. Anything Kirito does would have a chance to f*ck him up for the worse

also he only has Stat Amp with Sword skills, something he doesn't use literally all the time. Plus, I doubt Kirito's MP will last as long as Qrow's aura, so he can't pull Sword Skills out of his *ss forever (correct me if I'm wrong, though, it's been a while since I watched the show)

Sword Skills are literally a necessity to survive in Aincrad (note episode 1 where Klein had a hard time against a Frenzy Boar normally, and one shot it via using a Sword Skill).

Every chance anyone gets in SAO they'll use Sword Skills, Kirito's not an exception. He'll use Sword Skills any chance he gets, meaning he practically has a constant stat amp. There are thousands upon thousands of Sword Skills, and they don't work on MP, they work on cooldowns. Because at this point Kirito completed the One-Handed Sword Skill tree, he has at least dozens of Sword Skills at his disposal, if not hundreds. He definitely won't run out of Sword Skills during the fight, seeing as how he never ran out during any of his fights so far.

Mhm.

"My «Sonic Leap» was in the middle of the «Cooling» period, so I was unable to deal attacks while in the air." (SAO:progressive, vol. 1, p. 135)

"One more Vertical Arc would finish off the monster, but its cooldown icon was still lit at the bottom of my view." (SAO:progressive, vol. 1, p. 195)

"My Vertical Arc did 60 percent of a wasp's life bar with a normal hit, whereas Asuna's Linear did just over fifty for a critical blow. But because that move was a basic skill, it had a very brief cooldown time, meaning she could use it every single time the wasp was vulnerable." (SAO:progressive, vol. 1, p. 195)

The entire idea of skill connect is using a 1 handed sword skill in one hand, then using another 1 handed sword skill to negate aftercast, not cooldown

? Skill Connect ca be used with dual blades.

Skill Connect isn't using a 2 one-handed Sword Skills to negate the aftercast, it's settling into another Sword Skills pre-motion to negate the aftercast, meaning it can be used with any weapo, not just two swords.

Meaning Kirito could settle into the pre-motion of Eclipse after Starburst Stream to continue it.

It was done by alternating sword skills with his hands. Left hand first, then the right hand, then left, that sort of deal. Iirc, he had to make it so the first sword skill ends in a position compatible with the next for it to work.

That said, we have never seen him connect two Dual Blades skills, ever.

Anyway, in canse I didn't make it clear, Qrow via higher expirience, Aura, Bad Luck and range Spam with his shotgun

Gemmysaur said:
It was done by alternating sword skills with his hands. Left hand first, then the right hand, then left, that sort of deal. Iirc, he had to make it so the first sword skill ends in a position compatible with the next for it to work.

Eugeo can use Skill Connect with just one sword. Exactly what you said, he set his stance into the pre-motion of the next Sword Skill after the previous one. It doesn't have to be with two blades. It's still possible to go into the pre-motion of Starburst Stream to Eclipse, since he knows how to use Skill Connect well at this point.

A sad thing really. The only thing we can go by is that he can do it in the Non-Canon Accel World x SAO crossover game. Anyways, I've only really just realized that the existence of sword skills alone could turn the tides of most battles for SAO characters. Still, I don't think there's enough to show that either has a large edge over each other.

Kruull Thrull said:
I've already voted Incon. Especially since we've agreed that Bad Luck and Incarnation might cancel each other out.
I'm a bit confused how a fight like this can be incon.

Back