• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Joseph Joestar VS Qrow Branwen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see if JoJo can beat RWBY this thread.

(Old) Joseph Joestar vs Qrow Branwe with speed equalized.

Let's keep it clean, SBA.

Joseph: 12 Dargoo Faust, Calca Vs, JohnConquest1, Xtasyam, Tamura, Dragon, Standuser, Yobo, Tamura, Ricsi, DraycoMacargo, Torlikoff

Qrow: 9 WeeklyBattles, Sir Ovens, Asuka, Apiesdeathbylazor, Mr Common Sense, Gargoyle One, Kiryu, Karasu, Jimboydejuan12

Inconclusive: 2 COB, Derp

Oldjoseph
"Stand back Jotaro, let your grandfather show you how it's done!"

Qrow-0
"Stand back Ruby, let your uncle show you how it's done."

I dont remember Old Joseph being comparable to Dio though, methinks he's in the same boat oa Polnareff of being around 50 tons

He has survived fights with all four of the pillar men, and scales from Caesar taking a full on kick from Whamu, a pillar men, who should be comparable if not superior to DIO.

So he should be around 64 tons, up there with DIO.

@Professor Thats young Joseph, what does Old Joseph have to compare to that? He's well past his prime.

He has not demonstrated to be weaker in his old age, and considering longevity is a explicit power of hamon usage, I think it's safe to say that he is comparable to his young-age, like it says on his profile.

He's done physical stunts such as leap over an entire metal fence before, has enough arm strength to swing himself great distances with Hermit Purple, has taken a full-force projectile blast of debris from DIO, etc.

There's already been a revision for giving him Longevity, it was started by Arigarmy before he was banned. I'll see if it was ever concluded.

Even after said projectile blast launches him from on top of a building and he hits the ground, he picks himself up and begins to try to run from DIO. Then DIO stops time and throws a knife at his throat.

But yeah, Old Joseph isn't implied to be weaker from Young Joseph. At the very start he demonstrates this by picking up two officers by their collars and casually throwing them away, something he did in Battle Tendency all the time.

Yeah, basically his semblance is that anyone around him, friend or foe, experiences extremely bad luck, and he can focus it to concentrate said bad luck if he needs to.

Semblance =/= Hamon

Hamon should be able to bypass the forcefield generated by aura, but does not carry the force with it, if that makes any sense.

I cleaned up Joseph's profile since I realized it was pretty shitty. It mostly involved just taking the properties of hamon listed on Jonathan's profile and adding it to his own. Putting it out there in case I get called out for "changing Joseph" for wank purposes.

Ive done the same for Qrow

Now refresh my memory but does Old Joseph ever try to kill people outright with his hamon?

I'm not sure right now, but I feel like Harbinger gives Qrow the edge in both range and melee, but Hamon could prove useful for Joseph if it can indeed get past Aura.

In general, Joseph never tries to kill anyone so it's hard to tell. Same with every JoJo, they only really beat people up pretty badly. SBA means they are willing to kill but I don't know if that means continue beating your opponent until they're dead, regardless if they are knocked out.

That being said, Old Joseph was not given a chance to use his hamon too much. He used it on an enemy stand but special properties made it useless, he used it on DIO's fleshbuds a few times to destroy them. He attempted to use it against DIO but the vampire refused to let him and simply killed him with a projectile. In his youth however, he uses it to charge his body and strikes, and only a fair amount to the head can instantly knock a person out.

He doesn't like using hamon now that the threat of the pillar men are gone, so he doesn't tend to use it unless a fight begins to heat up (as seen against the Empress, he tried a couple of options before finally resorting to using it) but he is able to use it with fair proficency and it should still retain it's inherent superhuman boosting properties (increased stamina, endurance etc)

Still, as a child he has demonstrated that only a fair amount to the brain can instantly knock a person out. Caesar has used it directly to a person's chest which caused said person's heart to stop instantly, giving him a peaceful death.

All of these properties are still possible if Qrow is taking consistent blows from Joseph, and almost certain if he ever charges hamon into him or gets the chance to land an overdrive, a supercharged hamon attack.

He has also demonstrated the ability to use Hermit Purple as a medium for his hamon, giving him the ability to use it at a range.

Okay then yeah Qrow should take this with a fair amount of difficulty. The biggest factor in Joseph's losing is gonna be Qrow's semblance which will be screwing Joseph over with bad luck at every turn and will likely counteract any traps Joseph tries to set up. Joseph has higher AP and if he lands a hit he'd likely beat Qrow outright but Qrow's range game is much better and he's entirely capable of and willing to play keepaway, and even more likely if he does end up taking a hit from Joseph that isnt charged with Hamon but is just sheer AP as he'd realize the strength difference between them.

I don't know if Qrow's luck is too combat applicable. It really seems like there's a chance of something unfavorable happening to someone the longer the fight goes on. I guess it would increase the likelihood of Joseph's traps or sleight of hand not working, but that's it.

You know, there is a way to counter ranged opponents. I'll tell you what it is: running away. Joseph deduces that Qrow is willing to chase him and kill him (SBA) and sprints from Central Park all the way to the many nearby buildings, subway stations, crowds, etc. Neither of them are evil or uncaring so Qrow isn't about to blast through potential crowds of people and property in order to just harm Joseph. He is forced to engage in melee mode and chase Joseph, which is kind of his undoing.

It leaves him very vulnerable. He now must fight Joseph in hand-to-hand combat, something Joseph is pretty good at even before he learned Sendo. His scythe and blade are piercing weaponry, but I doubt they will be able deliver a lethal blow with such a large strength difference. It will be able to draw blood, but that's about it. Joseph's overdrives can counter sharp weaponry and he has a prosthetic arm in order to block his head from blows. From here, Joseph has forced Qrow into a fight where he is most likely to win. He either waits until he lands an overdrive, or manages to entangle him in Hermit Purple without Qrow noticing, then charges him full of hamon.

For reference, this is Joseph merely conducting hamon into the head of a pilot, instantly knocking them out.

This is Caesar, his equal rival, using hamon to instantly shut down the heart of his best friend.

Any sort of restraining hold or wrestling grip will result in Qrow losing conciousness. Extended blows full of hamon will begin to shut Qrow's various organs down.

Hamon also travels wonderfully through metal despite it not retaining it well. Countering or parrying blows will cause hamon to run through Qrow's scythe and into his body.

Qrow's luck manip in the five minutes he was fighting Tyrian made it so that Ruby couldnt land a shot with her sniper rifle despite being a short distance away, made a building collapse, caused Tyrian to fall victim to a roof collapsing, and nearly crushed Ruby, and as i said before he can focus it to make the bad luck more frequent.

He doesnt need to chase on foot, he can just turn into a crow and chase from stealth and catch Joseph off guard by hiding as a bird.

Im almost positive that Qrow is more skilled in straight up CQC than Joseph is, and the gap isnt that big, only about 3x. Qrow is also capable of precision air cuts even while his vision is obscured, and Joseph would need to get a good distance away before he makes it out of Qrow's range.

Yes but those are from Joseph in his prime when he was fine with using Hamon whenever, Old Joseph doesnt do that.

Due to Qrow's massive lifting strength advantage, Joseph trying to put him in a wrestling lock ends up with Joseph getting thrown aside like a wet rag.

To be fair, landing a shot with a sniper rifle is harder to do when you are closer. It's like trying to see something up close with binoculars and then having it almost dissapear, until you remove them. But I get the sentiment.

Still, if that is the extent of his luck manipulation I don't know if it really helps Qrow. What could go wrong about throwing a punch with proper form? I don't think there's a lot of room for error. Didn't you say it's also just as much bad luck for Qrow? Is this why he missed all of the shots he took at Winter?

Also if this is Qrow's hand-to-hand combat, then I think it's safe to say they are about equal lmao. Even if he was better at fighting, Joseph can still parry and block his scythe and sword. Enough blocking and Qrow will realize his body is... locking up. That clever bastard. Joseph was using hamon breathing the whole time! Now that he hijacked his motor controls, Joseph can feel free to deliver an overdrived elbow to the face, knocking out Qrow. That's probably his plan. He's definitely smarter than me, so if I can think of that he definitely can. (By the way, neither of them know CQC. That is a fictional fighting style in Metal Gear Solid only.)

As I said earlier, Joseph isn't going to start with hamon but will resort to it once he realizes that he's pretty much ****** without it. He's used it in his old age. The only thing he commented on is that he hasn't used it in a while, suggesting he may not be perfect in proficency. That doesn't mean his hamon is weaker or not as strong, when he was 14 years old he wasn't in his prime but it still knocked a grown man out, it just means he's not as sharp and on his toes with it.

I guess, but he's still at risk when it comes to having Joseph parry or block his blows.

I mean ruby has consistently shown to be capable of landing shots with her rifle at close range throughout the series and even then in the scene right before Qrow showed up she landed a precision shot hitting Nora with a lightning dust round by firing it over Tyrian's shoulder, but after Qrow showed up she couldnt land her shots even when Tyrian was standing still.

When Tyrian tried to strike him a building collapsed. And his luck wont affect the punch so much as it would affect the battlefield which would be a bigger detriment to Joseph. And no it only affects those around him, not himself, its why he exclusively works solo so he doesnt hurt anyone on accident.

I mean i'd recommend watching the whole video, Qrow is genuinely a highly skilled fighter, in CQC with Harbinger he should definitely have the upper hand in combat skill. There's also his fight against Winter (Note that in this fight he is heavily intoxicated) and then the whole last three episodes where he fought Leo and Hazel simultaneously alongside Oscar. Also as you said yourself, the fact that its a bladed weapon means it would ignore durability to an extent, meaning if Joseph tries to block with his metal arm he's likely going to lose it. And this is of course assuming Qrow doesnt animorph and ambush him as a crow or play the range game with explosive buckshot and vacuum cuts.

Qrow beats Joseph in certain abilities, as Aura is a good counter to being affected directly by Hamon should Jospeh resort to it. While I don't think his bad luck has any feats to make it too applicable to this (He still gets beat by Tyrian, and the most we see is something incidentally falling of Ruby).

Joseph is massively more intelligent, and is a cunning strategist who I would argue hasn't lost this in his old age (until we hit part 4, kek). He also has a decent AP advantage and the advantage of Hermit Purple being invisible to Qrow. He'd be able to set traps especially given the SBA environment of Central Park (plenty of trees, water, hills, etc). While his plans are more likely to fail, it's not significant enough for them to be foiled most of the time.

Joseph takes this with high difficulty. Qrow's advantages with Aura and luck will help him last longer, and in turn cause more bad luck, however Joseph is just out of his league in both AP and skill.

Joseph has used his prosthetic arm to defend himself from Silver Chariotbefore who is around 50 tons and uses sharp weaponry. It was damaged but pretty good all things considered. Qrow is 18 tons? Yeah, it's not going to do much to his prosthetic arm or himself in general. It can probably slice him but its not cleaving off any limbs any time soon.

His explosive buckshot is probably not going to do comparable damage to The World launching this debris . It's going to hurt and damage him over time, but it's not tearing him to pieces.

Oh, and @Dargoo, Joseph's hamon has been established to bypass aura. You can see the Jonathan Joestar vs Ruby Rose fight for the reason why.

Oh, cool. Maybe he takes this with less difficulty then, although him not using Hamon to start off with will still make this a challenge for him.

@Dargoo Tyrian beat him because Ruby didnt listen and he had to save her which distracted him

Qrow focusing his semblance to increase Joseph's bad luck would make his traps fail

Joseph isnt more skilled in combat and what Qrow lacks in AP he makes up for in stealth and range

@Professor Qrow = Raven >= Vernal who can oneshot the Arma Gigas which is >>> Queen Lancer which was undamaged by an 18 ton attack. He's well above 18 tons.

Small rocks vs explosions. Hmm...

There's no counter for Joseph running from Central Park into a subway station or somewhere populated as I had stated before. Qrow is not willing to shoot at Joseph at a range and risk his semblance causing someone to accidentally get shot by his bullet, so he now must engage in melee combat.

Qrow engaging in melee combat would cause an equal amount of bad luck, as in literally making buildings get damaged due to fighting in melee combat due to his bad luck semblance, just by being in the area he would do so.

There's less room for error when it comes to swinging a sword rather than taking potshots with your explosive rounds, I think.

SBA means Qrow is willing to kill Joseph, so he's not going to say "**** that" either. Same goes for Joseph, but his secret technique is literally running away.

I mean he literally caused buildings to collapse as a result of fighting Tyrian

Hell if he tries to escape into a subway station there's a good chance he'd end up getting knocked onto the tracks somehow

WeeklyBattles said:
@Professor Qrow = Raven >= Vernal who can oneshot the Arma Gigas which is >>> Queen Lancer which was undamaged by an 18 ton attack. He's well above 18 tons.
Small rocks vs explosions. Hmm...
There's such a thing as different strength explosions.

DIO and Jonathan had tanked this and survived, though technically Jonathan was already dead. His body was pretty okay though, and DIO didn't regenerate from it because he didn't have blood for the next 100 years.

His explosive rounds aren't so impressive now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back