• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SCP Another Big Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really see where you get this conclusion from. The difference between Low 1-C and Low 2-C is really just the difference between 5-dimensional space and 4-dimensional space, and regardless of what context you are working with, those two things are operating by the exact same logical framework, the same exact language, and the same same building blocks. R^5, after all, is just what you get when you take the product of R^4 and R, and so the former is in no way transcendent over the framework defining the latter, in the same way 2 doesn't exceed the logical framework defining 1.
Okay. I don't see enough evidence to say that's happening here though.

Edit: Never-mind, I saw this footnote.

semiokinetic: involving manipulation of one or more semiontological anomalies: logical axioms woven into the fabric of human perception; facts which should not be true

That doesn't matter though. 3812 was literally created by a writer writing 3812 into existence, causing 3812 to start ascending. If you wrote 3812 into a lower narrative the same thing would happen. You'd just be writing a being defined by transcending everything above them, which would then result in them transcending. So logically 3812 in that fictional narrative would have started going up and do more trouble. Obviously that didn't happen so either it's just a plot hole or the scope of 3812's ascension was limited to this lower narrative.
From a Place and OverMeta cosmology, obviously. Both cosmologies however are irrelevant to this particular Kaktus timeline where it's clearly depicted that the author entity was clearly transcended by his creation (which also transcended Ben's creator in turn). Ben is the only author entity named and deemed relevant here. There's no comparison being made here beyond what Place stated about stories conforming to their own narratives.
It does though. Another layer of High 1-A wouldn't be above the logical system that determines the existence of the lower High 1-A. Especially in this case, where varying strength of High 1-As already exist in the Noosphere and arguably 5800's hierarchy too. If you can manipulate logic and mathematics itself, in a case where High 1-A stuff are still defined/bound by them, then no matter what higher levels of High 1-A there'd be, the realm/beings that manipulate the framework of the High 1-A stuff would still be superior.

I'm not gonna act like I'm super knowledgeable about this subject but that's apparently what do here on approved profiles so, I'm going with it.
I was apparently mistaken about this so don't worry about it, though I personally don't see the evidence for this being necessarily available.

Edit: Never-mind, I saw this footnote.

semiokinetic: involving manipulation of one or more semiontological anomalies: logical axioms woven into the fabric of human perception; facts which should not be true

Admittedly regarding the Infosphere I could have been more precise in describing it. But the Infosphere is the set of all information in the SCPverse. Everything up to the Constants and the Pataspheres are part of it. But when talking about "Infospheric beings", it's usually meant as beings who exists outside the Noosphere. The world of human ideas (the Noosphere) is usually contrasted with the world of not-human ideas (the rest of the Infosphere), so 3125 and similar Extra-Noospheric beings are often referred to as Infospheric beings. But this doesn't mean anything regarding their relationships with the Semiosphere and Patasphere by itself. Only that they're outside the Noosphere.

So by default they wouldn't scale to the Semio/Patasphere. 3125 just has feats of affecting the former, so it scales. And CORE and other beings upscale from 3125.
Alright.

Last edited:
Pretty much, yeah.
Fair enough to me.

From a Place and OverMeta cosmology, obviously. Both cosmologies however are irrelevant to this particular Kaktus timeline where it's clearly depicted that the author entity was clearly transcended by his creation (which also transcended Ben's creator in turn). Ben is the only author entity named and deemed relevant here. There's no comparison being made here beyond what Place stated about stories conforming to their own narratives.

I mean Oven's point was just that this tidbit show that 3812's cosmology can very much be contained in a single narrative in the context of the Place narratives. Not in the Kaktusverse cosmology obviously. As long as we can agree that 3812 doesn't scale to the Tier 0 Placeverse narrative in any way we're fine.

So if we've finalised everything, is it possible to apply the changes?

So, from what i understand
  • Noosphere high 1-A
  • Semiosphere high 1-A, possibly 0 (or just straight up 0)
  • Patasphere 0

Well given what was just said the Semiosphere would just be vaguely High 1-A. With the Patasphere solid 0.

Literally the lowest 11-C on the site to a pretty up there Tier 0. Absolute chad.
Wasn't semiosphere like, half of tier 0(which doesn't makes sense)? But It would be very high into high 1-A i guess...
Pretty much, yeah.
By the way, I mentioned it before but it was never discussed. What do you guys think about this?
Blank lets out a snort at that, covering his grin with one hand. Place smirks. "And yes, I'm the one who named it. It's an anomalous whitehole with some strange narrative properties: it emits projections of our universal narrative — the infinitely complicated story that our whole reality imitates — to an anomalously-accurate degree, implying that it's somehow related to author-entities. Second of all, there's this old sci-fi show that had its 70th anniversary a few weeks ago — "
The narrative 2-story dimension is basically just an infinitely less complicated imitation of the universal narrative. This upgrades the Proxyverse to an even higher tier 0. It would also make sense:

As SCP 6747 indicates narrative worlds with fractional dimensions, when they occur, are still fictional compared to their whole number counterparts and the difference between two points are infinitely many (overcome only by the summation of the differences).

Well iirc the Patasphere is like, the set of all possible events in a given story. So yes, the physical universe (and probably the Noosphere while we're at it) are infinitesimal parts of this set of all possible stories. Although this doesn't do much for tiering except just solidify our placement for it. Also remember that 6747 is like, very close to 0 in terms of narrative dimensional topology. So it being nearly entirely fictional to the Foundation doesn't mean that every single decimal transcends the other in that context. Just that 6747 is fictional enough in comparison.

Also not tonight but if by tomorrow there is nothing else guess we can apply it.

Well iirc the Patasphere is like, the set of all possible events in a given story. So yes, the physical universe (and probably the Noosphere while we're at it) are infinitesimal parts of this set of all possible stories. Although this doesn't do much for tiering except just solidify our placement for it. Also remember that 6747 is like, very close to 0 in terms of narrative dimensional topology. So it being nearly entirely fictional to the Foundation doesn't mean that every single decimal transcends the other in that context. Just that 6747 is fictional enough in comparison.

Also not tonight but if by tomorrow there is nothing else guess we can apply it.
we always love op tier 0s

we always love op tier 0s
I personally don't really like it tbh. The more powerful the characters, the less they got any vs matches, which is suck.
Kinda miss the time when 682 was still being a hard to kill lizard instead of a fricking OP meme complex

I personally don't really like it tbh. The more powerful the characters, the less they got any vs matches, which is suck.
Kinda miss the time when 682 was still being a hard to kill lizard instead of a fricking OP meme complex
don't worry, Oven will make anos vs 682 match because 682 will be 5-A

I mean 682 can still get matches. In fact you can have a 682 match with literally any tier below 1-A.

that was sarcasm btw

Well I guess we're ready to go for the changes if nothing else is happening.

Also to be clear this time so we won't have to deal with conflicting edits: Me and the Boys will be in charge of updating the files themselves. Just so nothing goes too wrong in the process.

Since Bright can not scale to Place's Swann we need to come up with an alternate rating for his Swann engine statistic. I think he should be be low 1-C since he reached the second of the three narrative levels shown in SCP 5500.

They. They are though. They're like above a whole ass Tier 0 scaling chain, even. With the Patasphere being 0, then the Constants then the Proxyverse.

I'm saying that Bright still scales to the higher narrative stuff. Sure he gets upgraded but his scaling doesn't change at all through this.

Patasphere is baseline 0. The Constants are like, vaguely above that. The Proxyverse transcends the Constants to the point of seeing both them and normal human beings as equally fictional. Swann transcends the Proxyverse in a similar manner, ad infinitum upwards.

Patasphere is baseline 0. The Constants are like, vaguely above that. The Proxyverse transcends the Constants to the point of seeing both them and normal human beings as equally fictional. Swann transcends the Proxyverse in a similar manner, ad infinitum upwards.
Ad infinitum as in... Infinite layers into 0?
Are the true authors that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back