• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Best Swordsmen On The Wiki

This is a thread to categorize and look at the best swordsmen on the Wiki. The only rule is no godshit. Like, characters like Khorne or Fa-Nuit-Hen, who are technically extremely skilled due to unrelated factors like being the composite abstract embodiment of combat in their respective verses or just general higher-dimensional fuckery. That's boring and it takes away the purpose of this thread entirely. So other than that, I think everything goes.

Last edited:
I'm just gonna watch from the sidelines, and also see earl claw out of his nep2 into normal reality, also if we were accepting people who don't have a profile yet I would submit boro and his racism against weapons bs

Okhwang

Fodderized Illpyo and had the skill equal enough to Mori Hui who at the time, wielded the Original Yeoui from the main Mori Jin while amped from The Six and Pandora. In his prime he could defeat Mori Jin and his army of 12 billion.

Was a long time since i have posted one of these.

Nominating Sion Zail:

She striked a opponent out of highspeed teleporting with nothing but prediction skills, Knights below her can tango with enemies that blitzes them.

Can master and perfect entire martial arts after seeing them once. She can deduct the theorem and purpose of every stance and move and applies a experience level like she did it tens of thousands of time by just looking at it.

Her mastery of the sword is so good that it tricks people into thinking that her sword is invisible each time she swings it, a feat explicitly stated to be impossible to achieve with speed.

Can reflect attacks straight back at enemies via skill

Knights can fight to their fullest potential regardless of footing.

Became the Top Sword, the currently living greatest knight in the universe, 2 years after becoming a Knight, which is the second fastest record in the series. A Top Sword has a scaling chain that is too annoying to explain but basically, the greatest and most skilled fighters from their respective home worlds across the universe are absolute fodder compared to a Top Sword. She was generally considered to be histories greatest Swordmaster and was known as the Sword Saint

Fought and killed Hyperion with nothing but a sword. Hyperion was physically superior to her, passivly eroded Sions body, cutted her physical stats down straight to 20%, while Sion was, prior to their duel, near death, radiated to hell and back, and straight up falling apart. Additionally, Hyperion had: A oneshotting spear that it can throw and remote control, laser drones, Danmaku level of spears that oneshot upon contact, teleporation and literally 2 revives plus power up which cranked its powers up to eleven. Sion fought it nonstop till it was finally dead.

to be more clear,
White has an unparriable sword that bends space which can only be parried by resisting planet level+ law manip

MK not only bested Galacta knight, the best warrior in the galaxy at that time who had aeons of experience, but also fights with kirby who by just eating a sword can learn all the techniques possible...on that note
Kirby

Fate doesnt have crazy stupid skill feats without taking "muh infinite skills!!" at face value. Lots of their skill stuff comes from statements as opposed to actual shown feats.

also, i would argue bartz should be on here as opposed to Sephiroth, due to basically being composite swordsmanship for the final fantasy protagonists, and his feats against people like Thancred

despite having a disadvantage at first, Bartz developed in skill by mimicking Thancred's fighting style and tailoring his own style to defeat his opponent perfectly to the point where he thought Thancred was holding back after his victory and Thancred himself admitted he no longer stood a chance against him.

I'd comment on this but my opinion on skill at this level is that it is almost imposible to quantify. (Like, to be honest, I'd put a lot of the cast of Vagabond beyond a lot of characters here)

I feel tempted picking that swordsman dude of Choujin Sensen, but I think that his powers did most of the stuff, not his skill. Kyou Kai from Kingdom is also a tempting pick, but I wouldn't really choose her. Guts is also tempting, but eh, it wouldn't be very fitting.

I'm happy seeing Musashi and someone from Knight Run. I'll reread Knight Run someday.

Some cool people to think of are Afro Samurai, some For Honor characters like Apollyon and the Orochi, some characters from Assassin's Creed. Star Wars characters could be eligible but personally lightsabers are too different of normal swords to count imo.

Nothingness: The ultimate mental state a swordsman can obtain, being achieved only by swordsmen of the highest order. It corresponds to the concept of Suigetsu of the Yagyuu Shinkage-ryū. One is nothing, and is thus invincible. As they have nothing above them, they become an unreachable sky that can't be touched. Not even a slash that uses the Multi-Dimensional Refraction Phenomenon can reach someone with no sky. Only a swordsman who has reached the mental state of infinity can perceive this.
Munenori is a "Sword Saint" that is praised as "Peerless in Swordsmanship" by his peers. He has perfected his swordsmanship and mental state to the point that Musashi Miyamoto states that she's outmatched by him even after she reached nothingness and grasped Zero. Due to his mental state, Suigetsu and his perfect technique, Munenori is able to react to any opponent and wield his sword without exerting any force on his body, allowing him to swiftly cut down his opponent before they can tell when he draws it, to the extent that he is able to cut down seven warriors in an instant. In addition to his mastery of the sword

Using this technique, he is capable of accounting for all possible outcomes of a situation, and staying a step ahead of all of them. It is so absolute that Musashi had to create a completely new possibility to manage to bypass this technique.
Assassin is a peerless swordsman, having reached a realm transcending the realm of men through nothing but hard work and single-minded dedication. He is stated to have the greatest swordsmanship amongst all of the Servants in the war, far surpassing Berserker, who is more than qualified for the Saber class, and Saber, who is renowned in life for being one of Britain's finest knights. Even The King of Heroes is no match for him in a contest of swordsmanship. Furthermore, he can clash evenly with his chief rival, Musashi Miyamoto, who had also reached the pinnacle of swordsmanship and could collapse all possibilities into a single outcome, with their respective skills being stated to transcend time and space itself. As such, his skill as a swordsman is stated to have reached the state of true emptiness, reaching the unreachable existence of Infinity.

Impossible, someone who has read Knight Run? I was sure our kind died out 5 years ago, when Webtoons abandoned us in the wilderness of Korea.
It's been years since I last read it. Funnily enough, I remembered it just yesterday, and then it pops up on this thread.

Fate is a funny thing.

Back