• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top 10 Strongest Swordsmen 2

SchroKatze said:
EmperorRorepme said:
Echolocation works on Sara's invisibiloty but not the Hunters.
... Detecting things by how sound bounces or just get past them still echolocation. Ikki noticed them by how sound "made a void" around them. Still just physical invisibility and not spiritual or etc.
The "void" is how he detected Sara's invisibility. Not the Hunters. With the Hunter he had to use Perfect Vision on him, to know everything about him and everything would do literally the only possibility of how he would've acted in that moment to detect him just from the trajectory of where the arrows were shot.

Anyways.

I'm suggesting that we put Soujirou Mibu here. He doesn't just have his Distortion. His skill with the sword is absurd. He managed o fight against High 6-B's and other people who can one-shot him through sheer skill. Also, the narration even mentioned him being able to hurt Akuro's true body with sheer swordsmanship, without his Distortion.

@earl

1. Because unlike PC, sphere boundary and Vitrification were obtained through sheer practice and skill

2. It's hiding your presence while making you undetectable

@schro

Soujirou outskills like everyone on the list pretty easily

a mix between skill and his Distortion. And I'm talking abou his first key, his second one is just overkill to put here. He is also a master of the Ishigami Shinto Ryu style. He can use his skill and killing intent to attack so fast and conceal his attacks to the point of looking a lot more like the enemy is being destroyed and consumed by the air itself and Soujirou isn't moving at all. the "cutting Tenma Akuro's true body" feat was made with his sheer skill and mastery with the sword, basically a 1-A skill feat. He is constantly dealing with people who can kill him with a touch or an attack, and just keeps up with them via s k i l l

Paul Frank said:
@earl

1. Because unlike PC, sphere boundary and Vitrification were obtained through sheer practice and skill

2. It's hiding your presence while making you undetectable
1. That still doesn't change that it's not pure skill it's still something that's specific to something but just happened to be hard to learn (needs skill to use)

2. So like tricking your perception?

Also... Please, change the title of the thread. It's not abou being the stronges, but about skill.

"Top 10 Most Skilled Swordsmen" works better for what the thread is about.

Normally the people who have those 2 skills, cant become an assassin. But because they have it, they can become one. So yeah it was pure skills.

@Earl, no. By "being one with the world" it means that literally anything you try to find/notice about him will not be noticed. You can stare at him and etc and you will not be able o notice him because he is a part of the world.

1. No the entire thing is gained through skill. It's not like, "hey I learned invisibility by practicing alot" its "I can merge my presence with The World through sheer skill"

2. No it's invis and merging your presence with The World at the same time so not only are you invisible but you cant be sensed because all that would be sensed is the rest of reality around you

Paul Frank said:
1. No the entire thing is gained through skill. It's not like, "hey I learned invisibility by practicing alot" its "I can merge my presence with The World through sheer skill"

2. No it's invis and merging your presence with The World at the same time so not only are you invisible but you cant be sensed because all that would be sensed is the rest of reality around you
1. Doesn't change the fact that it's restricted to only certain people doe...

2. That's literally what sera did. Her existence became the same as a pebble on the side of the road making her presence undetectable.

1. It's not restricted to certain people, only certain people have obtained it

2. The World =/= the planet and he is also invisible in addition to this

Paul Frank said:
1. It's not restricted to certain people, only certain people have obtained it

2. The World =/= the planet and he is also invisible in addition to this
1. Pretty sure ppl have said it's restricted to assassins

2. Ok... but the fact that he needs invis means it's not all that great. But as I said that's just like what sara did.

1. Only assassins have presence concealment, Sasaki has Vitrification

2. He doesn't need invis it's just invis stacked on top of it. Sara merged her presence with the collective unconscious or entire universe?

The World can also mean collective unconscious in Nasu

I'm not sure which it is in this case so I listed both

1. Li has basically the same ability with a different name and it was also gained through skill. Presence concealment is assassin exclusive due to being a class skill.

2. That's nice and all I guess? That's not at all the same as becoming invisible and merging your presence with The World

1. Hmm I'll say ok for now.

2. That's just fancy words they do the exact same thing. It also sounds like trackless step. Both of which ikki negs.

Also if anything that was gained with skill counts i just realized desperado counts lol

If anything gained through skill counts then Sasaki gets servant stuff since that was gained through skill ovo

Paul Frank said:
If anything gained through skill counts then Sasaki gets servant stuff since that was gained through skill ovo
He became a servant cus he was skilled enough to be so, the rest came as a bonus. Ikki literally broke through fate cus fate didn't allow him to be any more skilled then learned more stuff as a desperado.

What does "the rest came as a bonus" mean?

He became a servant because of his skill which means he gets servant stuff if Ikki gets desperado stuff by becoming skilled enough to break through fate

Not really. Becoming a desperado itself is just the name. Desperado means "being skilled enough to break through causaliyt". Not just "you're good enough so yeah let's make you a servant", which is no different than something like, being fast enough to be in the track team which gives bonuses in grades or sth.

So without using titles it'd be like:

Ikki breaks through fate and causality with skill, then he gets skilled enough to use [insert stuff on his desperado page].

Even his desperado stuff is him being skilled.

Sasaki is literally just his skill as a servant, the man named Sasaki Kojiro isn't who is actually summoned, it's a spirit that embodies all his skill and techniques

Ok that means what? That's just fancy words, like Ikki's "he's the ultimate skill", or "he's at a level you cannot reach just by training" (though i guess that would be true, since that was after he became a desperado so idk). I mean actual feat of Ikki breaking through fate by trying hard.

It means that everything servant Sasaki has was gained through skill because the servant basically is the skill it's not a person but a spirit that embodies the skill and techniques

Paul Frank said:
It means that everything servant Sasaki has was gained through skill because the servant basically is the skill it's not a person but a spirit that embodies the skill and techniques
No, those are things he gains as virtue of being skilled. Not things he did via skill. Like being skilled enough to climb up a tree, then saying "he became immune to the bear via skill". I mean technically correct, but the 2nd came as a result of the 1st with literally no skill involved. All servants have servant advantages whether they are skilled or not.

How about the actual feat of Sasaki breaking physics and achieving something that is described as "impossible to attain with unlimited time and unlimited resources" just because he was swinging a sword a lot?

That's tsubame gaeshi. He had "nothing better to do", so he kept practicing until he could kill a swallow since they can feel the air and slip through easily. So he just broke common sense and performed True Magic by making 3 swords exist simultaneously at the same time and kill the swallow.

And Earl, can you literally stop stating stuff just for the hell of it? Personal skills are literally embodying personal aspects of the spirit and is why they have them. Assassin has a natural sixth sense for danger because he has a talent for sensing danger, like Ikki. He can become one with the world because its part of the martial artist idea of stifling your presence and getting lost amidst everything else. You deciding what was earned feels pretty arrogant.

Firephoenixearl said:
Wasn't he banned cus he was from masada? Cus of the transcending skill and shit.
He doesn't just have his Distortion, man. His skill feats are quite impressive and basically outskills 98% of the list

Back