• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Best Oni Princess vs Most Stylish Cook (Yamato vs Sanji)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude I'm not a Sanji fanboy, I was just noting at the time that Sanji was close to Yonko lvl and way above Jimbei, and then Kingtempest began screeching at me that Jimbei was way above Tobiroppo tier.
No not you, just the people who thought that he was yonko level

Oh yeah, it's that Haki like Busoshoku automatically gives resistance to heat-based attacks, and there's a correlation between stronger Haki and more resistance (e.g. Kaidou's stronger passive Haki preventing DF techniques from affecting him)

Oh yeah, it's that Haki like Busoshoku automatically gives resistance to heat-based attacks, and there's a correlation between stronger Haki and more resistance (e.g. Kaidou's stronger passive Haki preventing DF techniques from affecting him)
Until her haki has been shown to be able to resist heat on Ifrit's level, it's not going to work.

Kinda tried to say this but not exactly like this. But yeah great point

Until her haki has been shown to be able to resist heat on Ifrit's level, it's not going to work.
Wait, so just because it's a heat-based attack, you're arguing the effects of Buso Haki work differently and that you need heat resistance in tandem with the Haki to justify that?

Wait, so just because it's a heat-based attack, you're arguing the effects of Buso Haki work differently and that you need heat resistance in tandem with the Haki to justify that?
No, I'm saying that Haki doesn't resist all heats. It only resists heats that it's been shown to resist. Yamato's heat upscales from 27k Celcius, while Sanji's is 174134.85 Kelvin. Due to Sanji's being vastly higher, Yamato's haki heat resistance won't do much to Sanji's Ifrit.

This is a gross misinterpretation of the actual argument.

Nobody said that the Haki would function differently, in fact, on a lesser attack, it would, the point is that Yamato's Haki doesn't have the feats necessary to stand up to the heat of Ifrit Jambe. The function is still there, it's just that on an attack that, ultimately, is superior to your resistance, Haki is ineffective. It isn't some ultimate defense against heat.

No, I'm saying that Haki doesn't resist all heats. It only resists heats that it's been shown to resist. Yamato's heat upscales from 27k Celcius, while Sanji's is 174134.85 Kelvin. Due to Sanji's being vastly higher, Yamato's haki heat resistance won't do much to Sanji's Ifrit.
Ninja. đź’€

Eh, I suppose that's fair.

Though, ngl, it's kind of laughable that Sanji can bring more heat than Kaidou of all people lol. Who has hotter flames? A literal dragon or chef?

Eh. Combined with her ice powers, and increased durability with zoan transformations, I doubt she can't take the attacks. And again, she can still attack him before he activates ifrit, let's not ignore that.

So, what are Yamato's wincons again? From what I heard in this thread she could outlast him What's the proof for that?

Sanji is a beast when it comes to stamina and endurance, so I really doubt it.

So, what are Yamato's wincons again? From what I heard in this thread she could outlast him What's the proof for that?

Sanji is a beast when it comes to stamina and endurance, so I really doubt it.
1: can knock him out before he uses ifrit
2: sure ifrit might burn her, but like I said, if Queen could take the attacks and still live through them despite being hit by a barrage of them, I doubt Yamato can't.

1: can knock him out before he uses ifrit
Endurance + Regen + AP gap is only 1.3x + Sanji would instantly go for Ifrit once he's at a disadvantage.
2: sure ifrit might burn her,
Huuuge understatement.

For reference, normal humans can tolerate direct contact with something that is ~37.8 Celsius, but when in contact with something that is 60 C for longer than 5 seconds, they would sustain burns.

The gap between Yamato's resistance and Ifrit's heat is vastly superior to that. Yamato would get destroyed.
if Queen could take the attacks and still live through them despite being hit by a barrage of them,
The next time we saw Queen was over a week later, and there were still noticeable effects from Ifrit.
I doubt Yamato can't.
Proof that Yamato has higher heat resistance than Queen?

Endurance + Regen + AP gap is only 1.3x + Sanji would instantly go for Ifrit once he's at a disadvantage.

Huuuge understatement.

For reference, normal humans can tolerate direct contact with something that is ~37.8 Celsius, but when in contact with something that is 60 C for longer than 5 seconds, they would sustain burns.

The gap between Yamato's resistance and Ifrit's heat is vastly superior to that. Yamato would get destroyed.

The next time we saw Queen was over a week later, and there were still noticeable effects from Ifrit.

Proof that Yamato has higher heat resistance than Queen?
Queen was getting thrashed before ifrit and then got kicked like twelve times while off guard. Meanwhile, Yamato will be on guard, with ice coating, ACoC coating, and armament coating, along with her haki. She can do this. And again, Shanks could block a magma fist with simple armament and sword, while inches away from said fist, and didn't get vaporized by the passive heat. I doubt Yamato won't be the same here, Ifrit is not that awesome lol.

On a less related note I love how everyone is putting Sanji at Yonko level, when 1 or 2 months ago @KingTempest lost his shit when I suggested Sanji was Yonko level and that Jimbei wasn't anywhere near Sanji.

Just wanted to say that.
I will virtually smack the shit out of you if you mention my name in a One Piece thread, especially in a negative light

Ok, what proof is there that Sanji's fire is plasma?

Right now it's 4-3 in Sanji's favor (not counting Monke as they're voting on reasons that make 0 sense and have been debunked multiple times already.)

Right now it's 4-3 in Sanji's favor (not counting Monke as they're voting on reasons that make 0 sense and have been debunked multiple times already.)
Nobody ever outright said they voted for Sanji lmfao. Just stop talking and let the actually coherent people talk please

Oh I can vote? Well then I give it to Yamato high diff

Yamato is far stronger in terms of both AP and Durability, being able to consistently tank attacks from a Hao Infusion Hybrid Kaidou and come out relatively fine. Sanji even with his strongest move, Ifrit Jambe, needed 10 kicks to actually put Queen down, and this was after many previous attacks that Queen sustained, meaning that Sanji isn’t taking down Yamato easily at all, she’ll be no selling most of his attacks. As well, she has her own ice based powers that can match and cancel out Kaidou’s Boro Breath, meaning it’s capable of handling intense heat based attacks, not as hot as Ifrit Jambe, but notable nonetheless. She has both Buso Emission and her Ice Armor to stack on top of each other to defend against Ifrit Jambe if Sanji attempts it, which should mitigate the damage, and she’s able to whip this out in reaction to a Hybrid Kaidou Thunder Bagua, which can blitz people like Zoro, Law, and Future Sight Luffy, along with more. Now speed wise, Sanji at his best is undeniably faster than her, but this speed is draining and he can’t keep it up forever, along with him actually landing the attacks allowing him to be seen. Yamato’s own Thunder Bagua speed matches Kaidou’s, allowing her to relatively keep up with Sanji’s speeds at these levels if need be. With ice powers, she could also theoretically freeze and halt Sanji in place if she lands the attack. Lastly I’ve seen the heat argument time and time again, but heat is just energy, Yamato scaling far above Sanji in terms of AP and Durability should also add to lowering the effectiveness of Ifrit Jambe. Not to mention, Yamato regularly uses her Kanabo to fight and consistently blocks attacks with it, meaning her club will help in preventing Ifrit Jambe from even making contact with Yamato’s body. Ultimately Yamato’s insane AP and Durability advantage, along with ice powers and insane endurance allow her to knock out and slow down Sanji enough for her to freeze his face off or finish him however she wants. She has the means to block Ifrit Jambe with far superior Durability, Buso, Ice Armor, and a Kanabo to basically prevent Sanji from landing the hits necessary. Also she tanked attacks from Hybrid Kaidou, unless you believe Sanji hits and deals more damage than Hybrid Kaidou, then Yamato’s tanking most of what Sanji does.

So yeah, Yamato takes this overall IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back