• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ben 10 Cosmology Downgrades & Other Things (Yes, this is happening again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can Firestorm808 and Kukui each write a single post that explains their arguments here, so I can ask DontTalkDT to evaluate them afterwards, please?
As per what @Eficiente said and has been discussed in the thread, it'll be better to read upto 2 pages that we have, Donttalkdt has followed the crt continuously and gave reply as per. So it'll be fine. Single post will look very wavy regarding various arguments we have here, although canonicity has been confirmed by efi for the 3rd time that he is fine after reading the thread as well. I also asked DT, he said he'll give his answer but is busy with few other threads right now.

DontTalk has limited time available though.
Yes but he knows most of the arguments already, he followed upto end of the 5 pages continuously and even debated and asked various questions here. So he knows most of the things already. It's mostly we are repeating ourselves but barely anything new got discussed aside from canonicity in these 2 pages.

The guy who said "It's canon"(?) in twitter had less authority/didn't know what he was talking about (In the sense that he simply didn't know the contradictory view others had on the matter), in this context.
That's incorrect, Duncan knew about Charlotte's contradictory view about the comics. Right after he answers that the comics are canon in his view (the scan that people used in the original comic canonicity thread) a fan asks him that the view of another member of the Ben 10 staff contradicts his view (in this case, the staff member would be Charlortte)

And Duncan saw that response, he just didn't respond to that fan about it, you know why he did saw it? because he liked that fan's post

Furthermore, these answers of Duncan saying that comics are canon are old (2019), in his most recent answers (2020) where he states in fact that comics are not canon, he should already know about Charlotte's view on them becuz of that.

Last edited:
By the way

The guy who said "It's canon"(?) in twitter had less authority/didn't know what he was talking about (In the sense that he simply didn't know the contradictory view others had on the matter), in this context. In any other context, I would still be ok with a random comic being canon via a simple claim of that being the case anywhere.
This wasn’t the only part of the problem with this however. If you read Shadows response:

That's incorrect, Duncan knew about Charlotte's contradictory view about the comics. Right after he answers that the comics are canon in his view (the scan that people used in the original comic canonicity thread) a fan asks him that the view of another member of the Ben 10 staff contradicts his view (in this case, the staff member would be Charlortte)

And Duncan saw that response, he just didn't respond to that fan about it, you know why he did saw it? because he liked that fan's post

Furthermore, these answers of Duncan saying that comics are canon are old (2019), in his most recent answers (2020) where he states in fact that comics are not canon, he should already know about Charlotte's view on them becuz of that.

Dwayne repeated the same answer about the comics not being canon as Charlotte did

And

Duncan’s most recent answer about the comics are that he said they aren’t canon (2020). His statement about them being canon is old from 2019.

Man the amount of pushing this thread has to say that "generally non canon" means all of them is non canon is ridiculous.

The statement was present in the original canonicity thread and duncan clearly said "unless thermal connection (means exception exist)" means exceptions exist and "action packs" directly stated to be canon. "Generally no" to the reply to if comics are canon was present in the original thread, regardless of dates, not @Eficiente neither @LordGriffin1000 said that it means all comics are non canon but rather both of them said this evidence is not enough to proof "comic is canon because thermal connection btw different continuity can be seems because of similarities, he needed a direct statement, 8f it had been contradictory, he and @LordGriffin1000 had rejected the thread regardless of dates. Stop forcing your all interpretations.

Charlotte and duncan statement about anything outside of show is non canon and outside of their jurisdiction, they don't hold rights to establish anyone's work such as Eugene sun in this case to disregard as non canon, they don't hold jurisdiction to set their own works as canon. That's something right holders do, they're one with the greatest power and so we know. "Liking a comment means yes" is a pathetic interpretation, it can mean various things like acknowledging the one who asked the question or who knows what, just possibly don't want to answer and leaving the idioticness of someone as it is? I do that mostly.

Duncan has more authority regarding canonicity than a writer family ideals about nothing is canon only show. Leave it at that it's almost... 3rd time the same answer after reading all this shit again @Eficiente reading all this 5 times and still giving the same answer since comic thread. There is something like acknowledging. Don't make it 10 pages that DT won't be able to read even. As I said, nothing new was brought up in this thread about canonicity. Knock off repeating infinitum and flood the threads and wait patiently.

Last edited:
Alrighty, I'm back. Slowly working myself through all the past stuff.

A few opinions for a start:

I agree that the million universe statement doesn't necessarily mean precisely million, but simultaneously, I doubt it would mean less than 1001.

Can @Eficiente maybe summarize the points Kukui quoted in a way someone not familiar with the verse can easily understand? Have a hard time following what's debated in the quotes.

What canon is concerned: From what I see a general doubt against the canonicity of any one comic is justified. However, individual comics can be declared canon without contradicting the statements given.
In my understanding, the comics relevant to this debate in particular have a specific statement to be canon?

In my understanding, the comics relevant to this debate in particular have a specific statement to be canon?
Yes but what is being said here is that after giving a statement that "action packs" comics is canon duncan contradicted himself later on by saying comics are "generally non canon and etc, etc.."
JOFZrRB_d.webp

This is being argued as contradiction to the declaration of "Action pack comic" in particular as canon.

Also that old statement of two staff writers MC duffie and charlotte (his wife) that "nothing outside of show is canon" as well is a another contradiction (this statement existed since far before and is well known by everyone, no one takes it seriously is another thing, but we still have profiles with various merchandise and games that has been taken as canon, the power needed to implement statement that affects the verse on this scale goes outside of jurisdiction of mere 2 staff writers out of 19+). On the other hand, Duncan is creater, Right holders and one with more power on overall ben 10.

Not really interested in this thread since very long but would like to point this out.
There are instances from the main show which suggests that comics can be considered canon.

This clip is from the last episode of the classic Ben 10 series (the kid one) Goodbye and Good Riddance which is 𝙣𝙤𝙣-𝙘𝙖𝙣𝙤𝙣 and it contradicts many future events that would happen in Alien Force like Ben's parents finding the Omnitrix.

This clip is from the last episode of the classic Ben 10 series (the kid one) Goodbye and Good Riddance which is 𝙣𝙤𝙣-𝙘𝙖𝙣𝙤𝙣 and it contradicts many future events that would happen in Alien Force like Ben's parents finding the Omnitrix.
It is not non canon, it is in different alternate timeline, as said by professor paradox, there are many different ways to tell a story, no can predict how they going to turn, same statement as of goodbye and residence, while explaining about timelines. It is a alternate timeline.

Oke, i can see that but still there isn't anything in this scene suggesting that comics are canonical, they just used a comic format to present a bit of Ben's life, just that.

Not really, those scenes in the comic didn't really had everything in the episode itself, like Hex. comics can be considered canon as alternate timelines if they don't contradict what the show presents.

Oke, i can see that but still there isn't anything in this scene suggesting that comics are canonical, they just used a comic format to present a bit of Ben's life, just that.
A different Ben's (comic one) life, mind you. Also that "they never tells a story same way twice (hinting towards all of stories in comic that exist), unpredictability of what stories will be, how they going to turn out" all not in main timeline but different. It quite canonical as per "alternate" respect.

Yes but what is being said here is that after giving a statement that "action packs" comics is canon duncan contradicted himself later on by saying comics are "generally non canon and etc, etc.."
JOFZrRB_d.webp

This is being argued as contradiction to the declaration of "Action pack comic" in particular as canon.

Also that old statement of two staff writers MC duffie and charlotte (his wife) that "nothing outside of show is canon" as well is a another contradiction (this statement existed since far before and is well known by everyone, no one takes it seriously is another thing, but we still have profiles with various merchandise and games that has been taken as canon, the power needed to implement statement that affects the verse on this scale goes outside of jurisdiction of mere 2 staff writers out of 19+). On the other hand, Duncan is creater, Right holders and one with more power on overall ben 10.
Can I see the statement regarding Action Pack Comic being canon?
And all comic scans mentioned in this thread where from those, yes?

sNGaXRt_d.webp

Action packs comic special issues of comic that was released by Cartoon network for around that time comprises of 8 to 9 ben 10 comics. Also these action packs comics were published by DC but he is not DC character.

all other comics, that has been released since classic to omniverse time (9 years or so) are just random comics not related to one time release of "Action pack comics". Like the one @Aachintya31 mentioned above. Those 2 comics referenced by show are normal/random comics by Cartoon network as well.

If it's about the millions of dimensions Statement comic? Yes. It's work has been drawn from canon or to say more precisely, it shouldn't be wrong to say episode work has been drawn from this comic that has been used. As "vanklies" (a villan) was shown to be travelling in time and affecting the past first in this comic, then the same thing was elaborated and shown later in the episodes after a month of this comic release. Here is the thread were this comic was accepted to be canon, you may find more relevant information regarding this comic: https://vsbattles.com/threads/ben-10-canonicity-of-comic-hero-two-times-discussion-thread.142450/

Last edited:
Just to elaborate on the issues we had with the comic earlier DontTalk

The statement Duncan gave about the comics being “cannon” came before his most recent comment about them in 2020 saying they are not canon.

As well as Dwayne and Charlotte, 2 other creators, repeating the same thing. Shadows earlier comment explains this.

I'm against possibly 2-A universes too becuz of the whole Holiday thing already discussed, and i find 2-B universes shaky since it's based on a single line from Ben in a comic. I saw the thread where we decided to make the Ben and Rex comic canon and also Duncan's words in Twitter about trying to find a connection between the series to make the comics canon (as well as his words about the Action Packs) but the wogs in Ben 10 are pretty contradictory since Dwayne McDuffie was also asked about the canonicity about the comics

So, even though the comic features an important Ben 10 staff, which in this case would be Eugene Son (which was one of the arguments used to approve the canonicity of this comic) Dwayne still denies that these stories are canonical to the Ben 10 show. Not only that but we also have Charlotte Fullerton (another Ben 10 staff member) saying that the Ben 10 comics aren't canon to the show even with them trying to connect events to try to make things work and make them canonical.

So my question is, why do we only take Duncan's word in that thread? Duncan contradicts himself many times like in his most recent answer about the comics where he was more direct and said that they tried to keep them canon but things didn't work out so he says he wouldn't consider the comics canon (and that includes the Ben and Rex crossover).

So, the Ben 10 wogs tend to contradict each other but in general the directors themselves don't consider the comics being canonical, i don't know if such a change would require another CRT or we can deal with it in this thread, but in my view the universes should be kept as 2-C since the 2-B would come from a comic that is clearly not canon (which would be Ben's line that there are millions of dimensions).

Even with these issues regarding the comic, would you still find it canon?

JOFZrRB_d.webp

Did I explained anything else than what is being requoted? The most recent comment of duncan saying "comics are generally non canon" in 22 sep 2020, stuff talked by charlotte and mc duffie, everything as it is. We will be really repeating ourselves for the 5th time by now.
888824840222547989.webp

A different Ben's (comic one) life, mind you. Also that "they never tells a story same way twice (hinting towards all of stories in comic that exist), unpredictability of what stories will be, how they going to turn out" all not in main timeline but different. It quite canonical as per "alternate" respect.
No, that's your headcanon that you've been trying to get Duncan to approve it being canon. Professor Paradox scene does not reference the comics being canon but rather the stories of many alternative Bens across the multiverse (Zombie Ben, Evil Ben, etc). And again i'm repeating this same thing again, we have strong confirmations of the comics not being canon from 3 creators...

Did I explained anything else than what is being requoted? The most recent comment of duncan saying "comics are generally non canon" in 22 sep 2020, stuff talked by charlotte and mc duffie, everything as it is. We will be really repeating ourselves for the 5th time by now.
888824840222547989.webp
I didn't see the part where Duncan is saying that certain comics would be canonical because of thematical cores that connects them in his answers... rather, he explained that the comics hasn't always drawn from canon and are so disperate from each other that they decided to make all of them non-canonical. This would make sense and connect with his other answer which was a few days ago from this other which you are talking about, not generating contradictions between the answers.

No, that's your headcanon that you've been trying to get Duncan to approve it being canon. Professor Paradox scene does not reference the comics being canon but rather the stories of many alternative Bens across the multiverse (Zombie Ben, Evil Ben, etc). And again i'm repeating this same thing again, we have strong confirmations of the comics not being canon from 3 creators...
2 staff writers saying nothing is canon but show. They don't hold any authority such as duncan also we don't consider stupid statements such as those.

And duncan statement most recent comment doesn't contradict anything said @LordGriffin1000 and @Eficiente , "generally non canon but exception exist" is within very statement.

Professor paradox statement is literally same as of classic series statement while talking about alternate timelines, "There are many different ways to tell a story, no can predict how they going to turn". These 2 comics are happened in alternate timeline.

I didn't see the part where Duncan is saying that certain comics would be canonical because of thematical cores that connects them in his answers... rather, he explained that the comics hasn't always drawn from canon and are so disperate from each other that they decided to make all of them non-canonical. This would make sense and connect with his other answer which was a few days ago from this other which you are talking about, not generating contradictions between the answers.
What 3 creators?? The so called dwayne McDuffie law of canon being what the show presents doesn't sit fit well with site standards of secondary and tertiary canon

Nothing does. And you have got the best interpretation of the answer between. Not flooding pages anymore over bickerings over something that is being disregarded by @Eficiente , @LordGriffin1000 and @DontTalkDT . So keep going. I don't think we can ever reach a agreement between each other shadow chan. I'd rather choose rem chan present above and marry her.
888824840222547989.webp

2 staff writers saying nothing is canon but show.
You again with this thing? when was "nothing is canon but show" proposed in this thread? the Charlotte statement was added to serve as extra proof of why the comics are not canonical and again, she has another answer where she talks about this in a broader way of denying their canonicity anyway.
Professor paradox statement is literally same as of classic series statement while talking about alternate timelines, "There are many different ways to tell a story, no can predict how they going to turn". These 2 comics are happened in alternate timeline.
Again, nothing in that line references other comics being canon, the fact that in that episode they used the format of a comic to report Ben's life in a "What If" does not mean that the other comics are canon, we have Duncan saying they "overall are not canon"

You again with this thing? when was "nothing is canon but show" proposed in this thread? the Charlotte statement was added to serve as extra proof of why the comics are not canonical and again, she has another answer where she talks about this in a broader way of denying their canonicity anyway.
When the general ideal is same then all answer would be affected in a same way. But then again, let's not flood anymore pages and I won't be replying any further on this topic anyway.
Screenshot_2023_0204_130108.png

Again, nothing in that line references other comics being canon, the fact that in that episode they used the format of a comic to report Ben's life in a "What If" does not mean that the other comics are canon, we have Duncan saying they "overall are not canon"
That "what if" scenario was different from what was presented in the episode, implying it be a general comic.

Last edited:
Yeah no. Just because a verse has many alternate timelines with different respective histories doesn’t automatically open the door for different sources and materials to fit within the primary source material by default.
Especially when the show itself shows comic book stories in literal and as it is like comic (a different source material) as an alternate timelines/stories in the verse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back