• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ben 10 Cosmology Downgrades & Other Things (Yes, this is happening again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing of this is contradictory tho, all these things that has been brought up here were in the original thread.

They were not. Charlotte and Dwayne’s comments about the comics being non-canon weren’t brought up in that thread at all.

Only Duncan’s twitter answers were

And I can honestly argue that the staff who participated in that thread likely didn’t even know that Duncan’s comment on the comics being canon was made a year before his most recent answer saying they’re not

As neither you or anyone else brought this up in that thread.

And I can honestly argue that the staff who participated in that thread likely didn’t even know that Duncan’s comment on the comics being canon was a year before his most recent answer on them not
Read what griffin said duh. No one cares. He explained that they do not consider comics being canon generally but not always if there is thermal connection or exceptions, which this comic have. If anything bring something new that has not been addressed in that thread as they still considered it canon regardless of date and date doesn't even matter as Action pack being canon was added later on after efi replied in that thread. He particularly said that thermal core connection evidence is not enough and he needs direct statement. Then I added wog on action packs. "Generally no" was my evidence lmfao.
They were not. Charlotte and Dwayne’s comments about the comics being non-canon weren’t brought up in that thread at all.
They have said literally everything is non canon but show. It's a major decision outside of their jurisdiction, they don't hold any rights over the comic created by eugene son in the first place.

Read what griffin said duh. No one cares. He explained that they do not consider comics being canon generally but not always if there is thermal connection or exceptions, which this comic have.

And Griffin was wrong about that as well as he wasn’t exactly adhering to how canon on this site operates by.

@Eficiente literally came in later in that thread and said every piece of evidence you gave was bad, the only exception being Duncan’s statement specifically that made him agree to it.

And that very statement is being challenged now

@Eficiente literally came in later in that thread and said every piece of evidence you gave was bad, the only exception being Duncan’s statement specifically that made him agree to it.
Yeah? He didn't rejected the thread sorry? He said these evidences aren't enough, even thermal core one. He never said griffin is wrong about what he said on duncan statement, you strawman alot tbh. Griffin didn't agreed to the thread but was neutral, @Eficiente didn't rejected the thread by seeing that statement of WOG about "generally no unless thermal connection" but said it's not enough and bad and need better evidence. Then he got convinced with Another WOG I added later on.

Said by @Eficiente in the original thread about that scan:

That's not what he says, he says that they're generally not and that their lack of that is part of the reason, not that if they have that then they can be canon.

He is ******* saying that statement doesn't contradict comics being canon in the first place lmao. So nothing new is brought up in this thread.

Because it doesn’t matter how many statements he made back then at the time if the most recent answer he made regarding their place in the canon is that they aren’t canon.
You're only saying this because it suits your narrative it doesn't mean they can be disregarded new evidence is currently contradicting two statements that are consistent with each other. You are clearly overlooking these statements. It's two statements that are consistent with each other versus one that has least amount of legs too stand on.

It’s not simply about prioritizing 1 answer from him above his other ones, it’s about how recent they are as well.
Doesn't matter if they're recent at this current situation the statement is clearly contradicting both statements that were consistently stated on the same day month and year.
And at bare minimum, it shows the unreliability of the source with them contradicting themselves and other authors doing the same
I do understand it's a contradiction but it's more like a writer forgetting his own statements mind you that Duncan has reached the age where he forgets things?
You cannot selectively choose and ignore which statements to take from Duncan just because one or so conveniently helps an upgrade.
Thats literally what I'm stating how are we just going too accept one statement over two consistent statements that were stated at the same day?

Doesn't this wiki literally state if the one thing contradicts the other we just go by what is shown consistently?
But we can take the most recent one that coincides with their most recent opinion, and taking most recent information over outdated answers is…painfully obvious.
I know that but you can't ignore this situation we now have on our hands.
So either you take the most recent opinion from them or throw the whole source out as evidence all together.
Why do that while we can just keep the statement that is MORE CONSISTENT. Especially if we go with the statement Reiner just posted where Duncan Basically says “that internal core that binds them." Something you'd need too find too somehow say they're Canon.
This proves my point even further.
I know wog usually contradict each other especially in this verse.

Btw. Is Ben statement finished getting put under question?

You're only saying this because it suits your narrative it doesn't mean they can be disregarded new evidence is currently contradicting two statements that are consistent with each other. You are clearly overlooking these statements. It's two statements that are consistent with each other versus one that has least amount of legs too stand on.

Doesn't matter if they're recent at this current situation the statement is clearly contradicting both statements that were consistently stated on the same day month and year.

I do understand it's a contradiction but it's more like a writer forgetting his own statements mind you that Duncan has reached the age where he forgets things?

Thats literally what I'm stating how are we just going too accept one statement over two consistent statements that were stated at the same day?

Doesn't this wiki literally state if the one thing contradicts the other we just go by what is shown consistently?

I know that but you can't ignore this situation we now have on our hands.

Why do that while we can just keep the statement that is MORE CONSISTENT. Especially if we go with the statement Reiner just posted where Duncan Basically says “that internal core that binds them." Something you'd need too find too somehow say they're Canon.

I know wog usually contradict each other especially in this verse.

Btw. Is Ben statement finished getting put under question?
You are wrong here, first of all it doesn't contradict anything as per what has been discussed in the original thread confirmed by @Eficiente and @LordGriffin1000 . The arguments regarding duncan statement aren't new to canonicity. And so no more derailing please. This statement of duncan just describing that comics are generally non canon with few exceptions.

@LordGriffin1000 :
I'm neutral. Though leaning towards agreeinng since it references events that have happened and is written by one of the prominent writers. Though the statement says they generally don't consider the comics/games canon because the differences. Though if this comic follows some form of connection to the canon series and it's events then I think it's possible.

@Eficiente :
That's not what he says, he says that they're generally not and that their lack of that is part of the reason, not that if they have that then they can be canon.

Last edited:
We already talked about how that original comic canonicity thread ended faster than one would expect and maybe people didn't see the other side of things becuz of that, it would be good if they could give their input here in this thread to see if we can disregard the "Heroes Times Two" comic or no.

Yeah? He didn't rejected the thread sorry? He said these evidences aren't enough, even thermal core one. He never said griffin is wrong about what he said on duncan statement, you strawman alot tbh.
Saying that I said Eficiente said Griffin is wrong is what the straw man is here. Because this isn’t what I said

I said Griffin was wrong because he wasn’t abiding by what the canon standards for the site go by. Arguing things like the comic references things from the show is super basic forms of evidence that every material does and isn’t evidence for its canonicity, as Eficiente said in that thread. It’s bad evidence

You're only saying this because it suits your narrative it doesn't mean they can be disregarded new evidence is currently contradicting two statements that are consistent with each other.

No, I’m saying this because that is the most recent takeaway from the very author your taking statements from to argue with and it overrides their older opinions

Selectively ignoring that is blatant cherry picking.
You are clearly overlooking these statements. It's two statements that are consistent with each other versus one that has least amount of legs too stand on.
Absolutely nothing suggests what I bolded out is the case here.
And, like I just said, this doesn’t matter. It doesn’t matter if those 2 were consistent, they are old and outdated.

The recent takeaway > the old.
Are you serious? This is a convenient copout with absolutely no evidence even hinting this is what happened

And even with the benefit of the doubt

You are only further showing this very source is an unreliable one to take evidence from. He only forgets things when he just so happens to say something that contradicts your argument? That’s a copout.

As I said, you have one of two choices. Take the most recent feedback from the author or don’t use him as a source of evidence at all.

Thats literally what I'm stating how are we just going to accept one statement over two consistent statements that were stated at the same day?

Because the one that contradicts your argument is the most recent answer from him, which overrides and takes priority over the old ones. I’m not choosing this statement for no reason.

I’m going by the most recent and updated feedback given.

For feats maybe, sure. Not author statements made at different times from one another.

It doesn’t take much common sense to realize that if one person said one thing at a certain time, and then they said another thing at a later time, the later statement is going to be prioritized.

And even if you wanted to play that game, Dwayne and Charlottes statements go against this idea too.

Meanwhile, you have to go through a whole bunch of headcanon and mental gymnastics in order to defend this ONE older statement from Duncan about the comics. That shows how very little backs it.

We already talked about how that original comic canonicity thread ended faster and maybe people didn't see the other side, it would be good if they could give their input to see if we can disregard the "Heroes Times Two" comic or no.
Who said it ended faster? It took 4 to 5 days to end it. Every supporter of verse was tagged there. Each evidences brought up here was there. Opinion on them were given. End.

I said Griffin was wrong because he wasn’t abiding by what the canon standards for the site go by. Arguing things like the comic references things from the show is super basic forms of evidence that every material does and isn’t evidence for its canonicity, as Eficiente said in that thread. It’s bad evidence
Still bring something new. That was not in the thread, everyone saw the things brought up in this thread and gave their opinion on it. @Eficiente gave his opinion on the scan you brought up, @LordGriffin1000 gave his opinion on the statement you brought up, and both agrees that it doesn't mean comics are completely non canon. Unless it's something new scan, nothing gonna change

Just to be clear nothing has ended !
Not here nor on the other upgrading threads. They are active and the rate these circular arguments are going, Seems like these threads are gonna go on forever.
Especially when everything that being brought up has ended already smh with every staff giving their opinion on it. Nothing new has even been brought up.

Firestorm is an Admin right, He made a Tier 1 upgrading CRT and is in agreement with Reiner. So if a Mod is in agreement then staff members who disagree with this thread can privately ask him whatever they want or make a Staff Only CRT. This will save time and clear issues far quicker that's just how I see it

Reiner, it may be advisable to resign oneself to the reality that the individual in question is unlikely to alter their perspective and embrace a compromise.

I read the stuff posted while I was gone, seeing things like Reiner saying again that Ledgerdomain is in the universe makes me fear that we're going to go in circles. We (at least I) should patiently wait for DontTalkDT to make a more complete comment, I'm confident in whatever opinion he may have if he reads the stuff I wrote along the way.

All I’m gonna say then is that I’m against just “making a compromise” just simply because both sides are adamant in the opinions they have.

For one, even without DontTalk, my side on downgrading the universes still has more staff support (@Eficiente, @Everything12, @Maverick_Zero_X and @GyroNutz) and @Antvasima seems to be leaning more towards my side as far as nuking the 2-B statement and the comic from being used too.

But more importantly, there are times when something simply shouldn’t end up appeasing both sides because one doesn’t want a particular thing to be downgraded. At the end of the day, we give ratings based on sufficient evidence and ironclad arguments, and if they have arguments on not being sufficient enough, then a straight up downgrade is simply what’s needed.

I read the stuff posted while I was gone

What’s your opinion on the discussion about the comics canonicity by the way while you’re here? @Shadowbeast presented evidence and points that the canon thread for the comic earlier on didn’t have, and if you kept up with the thread like you said, then im sure you saw it.

and @GyroNutz
2A universe has long been ended tho. So disagreement towards 2A universe doesn't matter as after Donttalkdt reply, he said he agree with universe not being 2A. I am and everyone fine with it. It's all about 2B or 2C now. So he is neutral in that area as he didn't gave his opinion on it even after being asked and tagged twice.

2B universe: (@DarkDragonMedeus , @Sir_Ovens , @Firestorm808 and @DontTalkDT leaning towards agreeing with my side) so.

Downgrade universe from 2B: @Maverick_Zero_X , @Everything12 , @Eficiente)

Last edited:
All I’m gonna say then is that I’m against just “making a compromise” just simply because both sides are adamant in the opinions they have.

For one, even without DontTalk, my side on downgrading the universes still has more staff support (@Eficiente, @Everything12, @Maverick_Zero_X and @GyroNutz) and @Antvasima seems to be leaning more towards my side as far as nuking the 2-B statement and the comic from being used too.
Mention the opposing parties and you will see that you are required to do compromise

2A universe has long been ended tho. So disagreement towards 2A universe doesn't matter as after Donttalkdt reply, he said he agree with universe not being 2A. I am and everyone fine with it. It's all about 2B or 2C now. So he is neutral in that area as he didn't gave his opinion on it even after being asked and tagged twice.

2B universe: (@DarkDragonMedeus , @Sir_Ovens , @Firestorm808 and @DontTalkDT leaning towards agreeing with my side) so.

Downgrade universe from 2B: @Maverick_Zero_X , @Everything12 , @Eficiente , @Antvasima leaning towards agreeing considering if he still will be after seeing that everything was already addressed in the comic thread crt.
Afaik, @GyroNutz also agree with universes being 2-C so i think you should count him too.

Where he do? I and @Antvasima both tagged him to give his opinion on universe being 2B. He only agreed with universe not being 2A although everyone was already agreed to it at that point after DT's reply, so it was quite moot.
Yeah, this one was my mistake, he disregarded 2-A universes but still hasn't given his opinion on keeping universes as 2-B or 2-C, in fact i don't know if he's even going to come back to that thread considering the amount of pages that it have now.

Let's drop it all now. We shouldn't flood other few pages on discussing it, the vote counts I gave are most accurate here, as I said, I dropped on 2A universe far before right after DT reply and everyone else as well. So only thing that is left to evaluate is 2B universe. Let's wait for @DontTalkDT now as @Eficiente said.
Yeah, this one was my mistake, he disregarded 2-A universes but still hasn't given his opinion on keeping universes as 2-B or 2-C, in fact i don't know if he's even going to come back to that thread considering the amount of pages that it have now.
Keep taking my name in every reply of yours shadow chan.

Last edited:
What’s your opinion on the discussion about the comics canonicity by the way while you’re here? @Shadowbeast presented evidence and points that the canon thread for the comic earlier on didn’t have, and if you kept up with the thread like you said, then im sure you saw it.
The guy who said "It's canon"(?) in twitter had less authority/didn't know what he was talking about (In the sense that he simply didn't know the contradictory view others had on the matter), in this context. In any other context, I would still be ok with a random comic being canon via a simple claim of that being the case anywhere.

The guy who said "It's canon"(?) in twitter had less authority/didn't know what he was talking about (In the sense that he simply didn't know the contradictory view others had on the matter), in this context. In any other context, I would still be ok with a random comic being canon via a simple claim of that being the case anywhere.
Thanks for the answer efi (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.)

There is more to this story to make sense at all.

As per statement of mc duffie/charlotte (his wife) if taken seriously that only show is canon nothing else. That had mean all guide books, various merchandise, things aside from show we have taken as canon like vilgax attack, cosmic destruction game which has been used in several profiles. In literal sense nothing is canon but show. He has given a very destructive statement for the entire show and fandom it shouldn't be on mere single writer to decide something on this scale. We had be losing various kinds of statements from other sources aside from show. This statement doesn't even makes sense as we aren't even this strict for any fiction we scale. Every verse is allowed to use the secondary sources aside from show but we are saying that ben 10 is not because a single writer just gave a ridiculous statement which itself is kind of stupid, we should realize that not all statements of writers should be taken seriously. We are all are aware of mc duffie statement since the time we started scaling ben 10, no one takes it seriously, unless we just disregard all other sources but "only show". I am gonna be blatant, this statement existed since always but no one cared about despite knowing about it, It is being pointed out in the thread because universe being 2B/possibly 2A is kind of undeniable with literal 2 sources (one is show and other is comic) saying it.
I highly doubt that prohibiting all secondary and tertiary supplementary material for an entire verse because of 3 people out of a 19+ size Classic Series writing staff would be allowed.
What do you mean by this?

Again, from the original comic thread, only content that was supported by the primary source and doesn't contradict it was used and was even written by an episode writing staff.
Okay. Never mind then, I suppose.

Can Firestorm808 and Kukui each write a single post that explains their arguments here, so I can ask DontTalkDT to evaluate them afterwards, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back