• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ben 10 Cosmology Downgrades & Other Things (Yes, this is happening again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally only agreed with 2-B logically since even if Ben made a statement of millions of dimensions even though it's hyperbolic, Ben is still known to move through several dimensions and must have said millions on the whim from his knowledge of traversing the universe among several of his journeys he's had or experienced, there's also the fact it's possible he retained some knowledge from an intelligent alien or one with cosmic awreness in the omnitrix to make him say so, so i agree with 2-B.

there's also the fact it's possible he retained some knowledge from an intelligent alien or one with cosmic awreness in the omnitrix to make him say so
I don't think so, even when Ben gains control of Alien X he still demonstrates that he does not have the same level of cosmic intelligence that Serena and Bellicus possessed and when he transforms into one his intelligent aliens such as Gray Matter in the original series, the part of his human DNA starts to be in conflicts with the alien DNA, making him not understand what he himself ends up talking. So i don't think he retains the knowledge of other aliens in his human form/other transformations like Jetray.

Edit:I also just remembered this episode called "A Small Problem" in which despite Gray Matter being Omnitrix's most intelligent alien (not including Alien X) in this episode he was not able to deduce from which galaxy he came from or that he was from planet Galvan.

Last edited:
I personally only agreed with 2-B logically since even if Ben made a statement of millions of dimensions even though it's hyperbolic, Ben is still known to move through several dimensions and must have said millions on the whim from his knowledge of traversing the universe among several of his journeys he's had or experienced, there's also the fact it's possible he retained some knowledge from an intelligent alien or one with cosmic awreness in the omnitrix to make him say so, so i agree with 2-B.
You should read @Eficiente argument as well btw. He has given his reasoning that the Dimensions ben has ever visited weren't inside universe/timeline in the first place. Then you should reach a conclusion.

Anyway, whoever is agreeing or disagreeing with something, just makes sure you have read each thing and if even not, then make sure you're convinced with the reasoning you want to be. I am saying it so that I don't want this thread to go any longer regarding the issue of already discussed things already done in this CRT, neither I am quite that much have interest in this CRT any longer. It bores me tbh. That said, every regular member have their final say, there is nothing more to discuss or add on.

I don't think so, even when Ben gains control of Alien X he still demonstrates that he does not have the same level of cosmic intelligence that Serena and Beliculas possessed and when he transforms into one his intelligent aliens such as Gray Matter in the original series, the part of his human DNA starts to be in conflicts with the alien DNA, making him not understand what he himself ends up talking. So i don't think he retains the knowledge of other aliens in his human form/other transformations like Jetray.

Edit:I also just remembered this episode called "A Small Problem" in which despite Gray Matter being Omnitrix's most intelligent alien (not including Alien X) in this episode he was not able to deduce from which galaxy he came from or that he was from planet Galvan.
I don't mean the same level just fragments of cosmic awareness retained from the alien forms, I meant he can still retain some information he got when he used those kind of aliens not all information.

Okay then makes sense, but still in support of 2-B for my other reason above.
You should read @Eficiente argument as well btw. He has given his reasoning that the Dimensions ben has ever visited weren't inside universe/timeline in the first place. Then you should reach a conclusion.
Sorry to disturb you can you send me the link to his message or just tell me the specific page.

I don't think so, even when Ben gains control of Alien X he still demonstrates that he does not have the same level of cosmic intelligence that Serena and Bellicus possessed and when he transforms into one his intelligent aliens such as Gray Matter in the original series, the part of his human DNA starts to be in conflicts with the alien DNA, making him not understand what he himself ends up talking. So i don't think he retains the knowledge of other aliens in his human form/other transformations like Jetray.

Ben in remembering things accurately and when don't even need it blitz almost everyone in the verse feat wise (he has retained the complex magic symbols/runes on the "Gate to anywhere" in his memory just after a glance at it while running to catch aggregor, he didn't even knew that he have to remember those runes or those runes are important, he just have them remembered in a glance because that's it's his sharp memory and concentration, even Gwen and Kevin were shocked that he has remembered all those runes accurately just in a glance when he didn't even know he have to remember them).

Anyway then from here on:
Anyway, whoever is agreeing or disagreeing with something, just makes sure you have read each thing and if even not, then make sure you're convinced with the reasoning you want to be. I am saying it so that I don't want this thread to go any longer regarding the issue of already discussed things already done in this CRT, neither I am quite that much have interest in this CRT any longer. It bores me tbh. That said, every regular member have their final say, there is nothing more to discuss or add on.

Alright, so after reading through all that I think both sides have good points.

I would say possibly infinite universe-sized dimensions per universe is alright, but the show is clearly playing loosely with its terminology and probably not strict in classification either. So if ya look at a feat of someone destroying the universe it should be considered whether universe means prime universe or also all dimensions (or something in-between) based on context.
And I ain't going to get into that.

I would say possibly infinite universe-sized dimensions per universe is alright, but the show is clearly playing loosely with its terminology and probably not strict in classification either. So if ya look at a feat of someone destroying the universe it should be considered whether universe means prime universe or also all dimensions (or something in-between) based on context.
Thank you for your time and participation. Can we bring this thread to a close now?

It is even stated in guide books that they created nullvoid aside from show 🦣
You said that before but I didn't see it.
Nullvoid, Dimension12, Ledgerdomain branches off exactly as many times as many times the ben Dimension in a way that each branch have the all branches align together with perfectly the same branch of other dimension that they deal with. The idea that they are within same universe and timeline is Accurate and idea that they are branching off independent of each other is just headcanon and takes more assumptions and contradicts many statements about these Dimensions being inside universe.

Legerdemain, Anur system, Dimension12, nullvoid these all Dimensions are just either homeworld of some species of the universe, or jail for the species of the universe, that's idea alone looks enough justifiable. And we have statements is just iron the things. Also your explaination seems like you already conceeded tbh. 🦣
Omniverse_Map_2.1.png

This is the way they branch, in parallel and together and in a way that each branch of ben Dimension aligns with each branch of other Dimensions perfectly (the one they deal with not with a branch that has nothing to do with their branch), they're not outside of timestream but rather inside and branching off together.
Well, needless to say I would say it's the other way around with my take not being a headcanon.

It's also worth saying that this is a bit common fiction with multiverse, alt. universes exist with alt. dimensions they regularly deal with, which by extension means they all branch off possibly together, if not all on their own in a way that they still end up meaning (Marvel's What If?s have this with for example their Nine Realms still being separated universes, DC's imaginary stories have this with for example Superman: Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow? having its own version of a Mr. Mxy from the 5º dimension turned evil, Gravity Falls has the whole multiverse fearing 1 Bill Cipher living in the space between all dimensions as there are still infinite Bill Ciphers doing the same with alt. versions of the cast). That's not to say "It must be the same in Ben 10 because all this other verses have it this way", no, just that the idea isn't ridiculous at all and is in fact pretty common.

You said that before but I didn't see it.

Ben 10 alien force guidebook

Well, needless to say I would say it's the other way around with my take not being a headcanon
Very much is.

It's also worth saying that this is a bit common fiction with multiverse, alt. universes exist with alt. dimensions they regularly deal with, which by extension means they all branch off possibly together, if not all on their own in a way that they still end up meaning (Marvel's What If?s have this with for example their Nine Realms still being separated universes, DC's imaginary stories have this with for example Superman: Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow? having its own version of a Mr. Mxy from the 5º dimension turned evil, Gravity Falls has the whole multiverse fearing 1 Bill Cipher living in the space between all dimensions as there are still infinite Bill Ciphers doing the same with alt. versions of the cast). That's not to say "It must be the same in Ben 10 because all this other verses have it this way", no, just that the idea isn't ridiculous at all and is in fact pretty common.
Well when you're dragging other verses then here I go with a verse I am knowledgeable in, Do those dimensions in those verses have any evidence or implication to be inside universe? No. RoSaT in a dragonball is alt. Dimension that said to exist outside of Dimension but still was being considered to be a part of the Universe 7 here on vsbw since so many years for the simple reasoning that it was introduced before the multiverse came in existence, there was no statement, nothing but that's that. Ben 10 has way better evidences and direct statement.

Anur phaetous is nothing more than homeworld of ghost freak species and it's explicitly stated that "they destroyed every energy cores in the known universe" in the sense that there is nothing else to do, your headcanon there was possibly, maybe one outside they just saying they destroyed every energy cores in the entire known universe doesn't mean all of the 4 energy cores were inside universe, quoting things out of context while claiming extraordinary, nah, Ledgerdomain is nothing more than homeworld of charmcaster species and rock monster of the universe and gwen explicitly searched the entire universe which includes Ledgerdomain, so it's a part of the universe for more than one reason, your headcanon she may have searched outside universe. Nullvoid stated to be inside universe by Kevin who has went to many Dimensions, servantis referred entire thing as universe while being inside a nullvoid, your headcanon he called nullvoid a universe, basis for it? Well he can who knows he might have? Even if no one ever treated nullvoid as universe but just jail it is possible for my baseless assumption can't it? Meh. Dimension 12 where computeroid species of the universe lives is as well come under it by Kevin statement. And the very fact that these Dimensions were introduced before the multiverse came into existence, deducting it already takes it under. Going with Rex dimension that was directly correlated with these previous Dimensions ben has visited, was accessible by nothing more than a device that connects nullvoid and ben Dimension, and in the series different universes cannot be connected by nullvoid or any other normal dimensional devices, series has explicitly made a difference, that's the reason we have "hands of amargada", "map of infinity" as these are the devices that can connect universes not any one's. But then again, as long as ppl just go with their headcanon.

These Dimensions branch off together, then they're in the same timeline.

The entire argumentation discussed in the thread factors in together.

LOVE YOU DT CHAN!!
hug.gif

What DontTalk has accepted here can probably be applied, although what is the current tally for staff evaluations in this thread?

Kukui asked me to reopen this thread, as there are still a few issues that he wants to address.
ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Hey Ant. Sorry to be bothering you at this time, but I wanted to ask if you could please reopen my Ben 10 downgrade thread

While DontTalk did offer some feedback and I much appreciate his assistance, there were still a few more things in the thread that I wanted to weigh in, but for the past few days I was too busy to make a response to the thread before @Firestorm808 closed it. So I wasn’t given a chance to.

On top of that, @Reiner made a wrong answer about the staff vote. @GyroNutz also weighed in that he agreed with my take on the downgrade, which would put the staff vote at a deadlock, even with DontTalk included, but he made it out as if more staff sided with his take.

I'm not knowledgeable on the verse, but reading through the thread this makes sense to me - that each universe is not 2-A.
That's fine and really not the main issue of this thread considering it was going to be concluded at possibly 2A, the main thing here is if the Dimensions mentioned by holiday are in-universe dimensions, and everything has been argued about it already. That is what will decide if universe is 2B from ben's statement, possibly 2A considering holiday statement made from maths, 2A which basically has been long done.
He himself said he is not knowledgeable enough to go with anything besides universe not being 2A, even Donttalkdt disagreed with 2A just before gyro. We tagged him twice but he ignored to reply on it.

Also I don't know what he wants to weight in now, given that it's been months and we are arguing in circles on the same thing.

I also like classic Dwayne McDuffie Ben 10 a lot. Not the reboot though.
Yeah MC duffie really wrote a good stuff, it had best ben character wise of all time including all iterations. My favourite series as whole is omniverse tho, story wise. and reboot is just exception, never liked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back